Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe 21:57 - Dec 23 with 13053 viewsNthsuffolkblue

says it won't rule out taking further steps if required to deal with racism in football?

Perhaps he should get his own house in order first and perhaps then the racists won't feel so enabled.

https://krdo.com/sports/2019/12/23/uk-government-to-hold-talks-with-tottenham-ho

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:45 - Dec 23 with 1757 viewsBackToRussia

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:26 - Dec 23 by Trequartista

Well i'll answer for you, he is not, and it was proved in a court case, because of the context of what he said. So saying racist words doesn't necessarily mean that someone is racist and context does matter. However i still think Johnson's words were unacceptable even in the context they were said, as I have already said. I was just saying he wasn't directly calling someone that.

Now it would be nice to have a logical discussion without shouting out swerve or racist or whatever, do you think you can manage that? If not i'll just go back to downvoting rather than tiresome arguments, as it was others who asked me to explain, and I have had the courtesy to try and do so. I really don't have to.

How about calling someone a n* and a coon? Wait a second, that was in a novel he wrote so that's fine too.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:51 - Dec 23 with 1739 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think it’s entirely reasonable to expect the football authorities to tackle racism in football, for what it’s worth. Obviously the number 10 source* is a bit patronising given how Boris has behaved in the past, but that’s just a side story.

*all these anonymous ‘number 10’ or ‘Downing Street’ source releases piss me off; the press should refuse to publish any statements that aren’t attributed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 00:27 - Dec 24 with 1716 viewsfactual_blue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:19 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Cummings is far more evil in my opinion.

Ironically an unelected bureaucrat too.

Kenneth Clarke would agree with you.

cummings is (a) unelected and (b) not a Civil Servant appointed through fair and open competition.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 00:28 - Dec 24 with 1713 viewsfactual_blue

I'm struggling to see the abuse in this post.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 01:09 - Dec 24 with 1703 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe (n/t) on 22:37 - Dec 23 by CokeIsKey

[Post edited 14 May 2022 14:37]

Oh Glasgow look what you have done!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 01:10 - Dec 24 with 1707 viewsNewcyBlue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:17 - Dec 23 by bazgammon

give it a rest. you lost Brexit 3-0. just because you don't agree with someone doesnt make them a racist or some kind of phobe. When will the left wake up and smell the coffee, name calling, identity politics, its pathetic and the public are sick of it. I suggest if you want to suffer real racism and intolerance then move to North Korea or China.

Come tell that to my son in the FanZone, that his step mum (who has received racial abuse) should shut up or go to North Korea.

He’s 6, I’ve taught him to punch racists in the nuts by the way.

You’re pathetic.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 01:18 - Dec 24 with 1698 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 23:17 - Dec 23 by bazgammon

give it a rest. you lost Brexit 3-0. just because you don't agree with someone doesnt make them a racist or some kind of phobe. When will the left wake up and smell the coffee, name calling, identity politics, its pathetic and the public are sick of it. I suggest if you want to suffer real racism and intolerance then move to North Korea or China.

Just because some Remainers made the mistake of tarring all Leavers with the racist label doesn't mean that a lot of you/us aren't basically a bit racist!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 01:25 - Dec 24 with 1691 viewsNewcyBlue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 01:18 - Dec 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just because some Remainers made the mistake of tarring all Leavers with the racist label doesn't mean that a lot of you/us aren't basically a bit racist!

Not all leave voters are racist.

All racists are definitely leave voters.

Login to get fewer ads

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 08:08 - Dec 24 with 1625 viewsBloomBlue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:17 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not fussed about the down arrows but would prefer debate to ignorance.

If they could give a rational argument I would willingly listen but we are rapidly sleepwalking into fascism and too many people don't seem to give a monkey's.

Get real will you he is as much a racist and Islamophobe as Corbyn is a Jew hater and neither are valid.

If you want to argue we're sleeping walking into facism I could easily argue if Labour had won we would be sleepwalking into a 1930s anti Jewish Germany, again neither are valid
Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 08:15 - Dec 24 with 1625 views26_Paz

Merry Christmas to all of you from 26_Paz.

The Paz Man

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 08:36 - Dec 24 with 1615 viewsWD19

How to disagree better - eight tips:

You don't have to agree - disagreeing itself isn't the problem, it's how we do it

Don't aim for the middle ground - splitting the difference isn't the answer when you fundamentally disagree

How you talk is more important than what you talk about - "What matters is the dynamic that exists between us," says couples counsellor Esther Perel

Speak truthfully - to form meaningful relationships what's needed is total honesty

Listen intently and aim for empathy - it's all about "a willingness to take in what the other person says," says Esther Perel

Dial down the rhetoric and rein in the insults - "No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement," says Harvard professor Arthur Brooks

Understand the difference between fact and opinion - opinions are perspectives to be tested against the evidence, not just weapons to be wielded against our opponents

Go looking for conflict - Then "listen compassionately, give your point of view and express love," says Arthur Brooks

BBC 24/12/2019
Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 09:03 - Dec 24 with 1588 viewsNewcyBlue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 08:08 - Dec 24 by BloomBlue

Get real will you he is as much a racist and Islamophobe as Corbyn is a Jew hater and neither are valid.

If you want to argue we're sleeping walking into facism I could easily argue if Labour had won we would be sleepwalking into a 1930s anti Jewish Germany, again neither are valid

So BoJo didn’t say that MrsN was a “picaninny with a watermelon smile”?

Are you sure?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe (n/t) on 09:24 - Dec 24 with 1580 viewsjaseitfc2015

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 01:25 - Dec 24 by NewcyBlue

Not all leave voters are racist.

All racists are definitely leave voters.

[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 9:26]
Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 09:59 - Dec 24 with 1557 viewsElephantintheRoom

Strange that this racist islamphobic government is awash with racial minorites? Are the evil Cummings and his Eton poodle colour- blind or just taking populism to extremes? Given that a few hundred thousand people went to watch football at the weekend one idiot is a fairly small percentage of intolerant loons .... probably less than you'll find in Ipswich Town centre. Once upon a time there was a saying "sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you". It's odd that words get the holier than thouso incensed.... but airborne objects that can blind and finish a player's career are totally ignored.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:08 - Dec 24 with 1552 views26_Paz

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 09:59 - Dec 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Strange that this racist islamphobic government is awash with racial minorites? Are the evil Cummings and his Eton poodle colour- blind or just taking populism to extremes? Given that a few hundred thousand people went to watch football at the weekend one idiot is a fairly small percentage of intolerant loons .... probably less than you'll find in Ipswich Town centre. Once upon a time there was a saying "sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you". It's odd that words get the holier than thouso incensed.... but airborne objects that can blind and finish a player's career are totally ignored.

To be fair mate one idiot doing that kind of thing is one too many.

The Paz Man

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:22 - Dec 24 with 1543 viewskinnockers

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 08:15 - Dec 24 by 26_Paz

Merry Christmas to all of you from 26_Paz.

And Kinnockers.

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:41 - Dec 24 with 1530 viewsElephantintheRoom

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:08 - Dec 24 by 26_Paz

To be fair mate one idiot doing that kind of thing is one too many.

I tend to disagree. In an all-seater stadium that is all ticket it is fairly easy to identify a loon - and easy enough to tell him or her to shut up at the time. It's slightly hypocritcal to get holier than thou about racial abuse whilst seemingly indifferent to the vile abuse prevalent at all matches every week of the year.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:46 - Dec 24 with 1527 views26_Paz

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:41 - Dec 24 by ElephantintheRoom

I tend to disagree. In an all-seater stadium that is all ticket it is fairly easy to identify a loon - and easy enough to tell him or her to shut up at the time. It's slightly hypocritcal to get holier than thou about racial abuse whilst seemingly indifferent to the vile abuse prevalent at all matches every week of the year.

You disagree with my statement that one racist idiot is one too many?
As you say easy to identify so should be a quick resolution with a lifetime ban.
Need to stop more idiots coming through though, how to do that is the million dollar question.

The Paz Man

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:54 - Dec 24 with 1517 viewsSonOfSpock

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 22:17 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not fussed about the down arrows but would prefer debate to ignorance.

If they could give a rational argument I would willingly listen but we are rapidly sleepwalking into fascism and too many people don't seem to give a monkey's.

Fascism?! Get a grip.
Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:55 - Dec 24 with 1515 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:54 - Dec 24 by SonOfSpock

Fascism?! Get a grip.

Explain how it’s not. Go...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:58 - Dec 24 with 1511 views26_Paz

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:55 - Dec 24 by monytowbray

Explain how it’s not. Go...

We've had this conversation before.
Fascism = concentration camps, forced labour, actual racial laws. A slight rise in morons is not a descent into fascism.

The Paz Man

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 11:09 - Dec 24 with 1498 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 10:58 - Dec 24 by 26_Paz

We've had this conversation before.
Fascism = concentration camps, forced labour, actual racial laws. A slight rise in morons is not a descent into fascism.

What is the appropriate and okay level of fascism then?

Forcing the unemployed to do work placements to keep their benefits.
Removing legal aid.
Brutal sanctions on disabled people.

Sounds pretty “fascist” to me by your standards.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 11:11]

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 11:13 - Dec 24 with 1491 viewslowhouseblue

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 11:09 - Dec 24 by monytowbray

What is the appropriate and okay level of fascism then?

Forcing the unemployed to do work placements to keep their benefits.
Removing legal aid.
Brutal sanctions on disabled people.

Sounds pretty “fascist” to me by your standards.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 11:11]

it's probably ok to annex austria but czechoslovakia was a step too far?. really what are you on about? there is no ok level - but boris johnson and the tory party aren't fascists. it's just shows a paucity of political language and political / historical exemplars.

oh, and by the way, merry christmas.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 11:15 - Dec 24 with 1489 viewsmonytowbray

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 11:13 - Dec 24 by lowhouseblue

it's probably ok to annex austria but czechoslovakia was a step too far?. really what are you on about? there is no ok level - but boris johnson and the tory party aren't fascists. it's just shows a paucity of political language and political / historical exemplars.

I think we’re slowly starting to unravel the real reason you didn’t like Labour shifting further left...

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/01/31/the-12-early-warning-signs-of-fascism/
[Post edited 24 Dec 2019 11:16]

TWTD never forgets…

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 11:16 - Dec 24 with 1487 views26_Paz

Isn't it ironic that a Government led by a racist and Islamophobe on 11:13 - Dec 24 by lowhouseblue

I couldn't agree with this post more. Describing this government as fascist is actually quite insulting to the victims of real fascism.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024