Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mings 17:15 - Jan 12 with 2864 viewsHerbivore

Where do we think he'll end up next season when Villa are back in the Championship? Maybe someone like Leicester? Would a Chelsea or a Man U take a punt perhaps? I imagine we could get a few quid out of a move if Bournemouth have a sell on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mings on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 2619 viewsSuperfrans

He’d be a good buy to play alongside Maguire at Man Utd.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mings on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 2604 viewsHerbivore

Mings on 17:16 - Jan 12 by Superfrans

Isn't Maguire also naturally left sided though? Agree they could compliment each other well potentially.

Mings on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 2586 viewsSomethingBlue

He pretty much fits what Arsenal need at the moment. But might be too expensive for them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mings on 17:20 - Jan 12 with 2576 viewsJ2BLUE

As much as i've love him to reach the absolute peak, I doubt a top 6 club would be in for him. Perhaps somewhere like Newcastle, West Ham or Southampton. Maybe even Norwich if they somehow stay up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mings on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 2562 viewsHerbivore

Mings on 17:20 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

As much as i've love him to reach the absolute peak, I doubt a top 6 club would be in for him. Perhaps somewhere like Newcastle, West Ham or Southampton. Maybe even Norwich if they somehow stay up.

Really? Can't see him going to any of those to be honest. His stock has risen even as Villa have struggled, I could definitely see a top 8 type side going in for him. Possibly Everton could be in the mix, they've got money to spend.

Mings on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 2559 viewsMullet

Everton

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mings on 17:23 - Jan 12 with 2552 viewsHerbivore

Mings on 17:22 - Jan 12 by Mullet

Everton

Jinx.

Mings on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 2533 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich are not staying up.

Sheffield United would be a possibility. EDIT after re-reading this: (I mean for Mings to go to!)

Villa are most definitely not down. They are getting thrashed today just like Suothampton did by Leicester but neither is definitely down. I would go so far as to say Norwich are the only ones resigned to it after they chose not to try to stay up in the summer.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 17:39]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Mings on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 2531 viewsstrikalite

Agree, or one of the Clubs coming up..

Villa may survive, just, it'll go close though..
Mings on 17:26 - Jan 12 with 2519 viewsJ2BLUE

Mings on 17:22 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Really? Can't see him going to any of those to be honest. His stock has risen even as Villa have struggled, I could definitely see a top 8 type side going in for him. Possibly Everton could be in the mix, they've got money to spend.

I just don't see where he fits in at a top 6 club. He's good but is he at that level?

Everton is a decent shout. I think he'll have a good career at mid table Prem clubs. I'd like to be wrong and see him go to a big club and win the title.

Truly impaired.

Mings on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 2514 viewsPendejo

Join the exodus to Germany?

Would imagine either Arsenal or Spurs would need him.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Mings on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 2489 viewsHerbivore

Mings on 17:26 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

I just don't see where he fits in at a top 6 club. He's good but is he at that level?

Everton is a decent shout. I think he'll have a good career at mid table Prem clubs. I'd like to be wrong and see him go to a big club and win the title.

He's an English, left sided, ball playing centre back
This season he's impeessed enough to get capped by England. He's young enough to improve still. In some ways his game is provably more suited to a side that isn't constantly on the back foot as well. I'd not be surprised to see a top 8 side go in for him.

Mings on 17:32 - Jan 12 with 2477 viewsJ2BLUE

Mings on 17:30 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

He's an English, left sided, ball playing centre back
This season he's impeessed enough to get capped by England. He's young enough to improve still. In some ways his game is provably more suited to a side that isn't constantly on the back foot as well. I'd not be surprised to see a top 8 side go in for him.

I hope so.

Truly impaired.

Mings on 17:33 - Jan 12 with 2477 viewsMrTown

Don’t think he is a top 6 defender. Wouldn’t get in the Leicester side.

Maybe Everton, Brighton somewhere like that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Mings on 17:35 - Jan 12 with 2458 viewsfloridaboy

Mings on 17:25 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Norwich are not staying up.

Sheffield United would be a possibility. EDIT after re-reading this: (I mean for Mings to go to!)

Villa are most definitely not down. They are getting thrashed today just like Suothampton did by Leicester but neither is definitely down. I would go so far as to say Norwich are the only ones resigned to it after they chose not to try to stay up in the summer.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 17:39]

Norwich, Bournemouth plus one from the likes of Burnley, West Ham, Villa. Newcastle as an outsider
Mings on 17:38 - Jan 12 with 2429 viewsJ2BLUE

Mings on 17:35 - Jan 12 by floridaboy

Norwich, Bournemouth plus one from the likes of Burnley, West Ham, Villa. Newcastle as an outsider

Man City an outside bet. They like an English player and have had defensive problems. Mings would be a decent option for games against the bottom 10-12 sides in the Prem while saving their bigger guns for the bigger games. They tried to get Evans there so a player of Mings' standard might be seen as a useful option.

Truly impaired.

Mings on 17:44 - Jan 12 with 2398 viewsFtnfwest

The way he’s playing today he could get a game for us
Mings on 17:47 - Jan 12 with 2390 viewsHerbivore

Mings on 17:33 - Jan 12 by MrTown

Don’t think he is a top 6 defender. Wouldn’t get in the Leicester side.

Maybe Everton, Brighton somewhere like that.

You don't think Leicester might look to phase out Johnny Evans? He's no spring chicken and Rogers would likely want to bring in a ball playing CB to replace him.

Mings on 17:48 - Jan 12 with 2379 viewsGarv

Mings on 17:18 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Isn't Maguire also naturally left sided though? Agree they could compliment each other well potentially.

Maguire right footed but more than comfortable on his left. Similar to Terry in that sense, he was always coming out with the ball on his left.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mings on 22:32 - Jan 12 with 2132 viewsArnieM

Mings on 17:16 - Jan 12 by Superfrans

Good shout, that’s exactly what I thought 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Mings on 23:14 - Jan 12 with 2030 viewsMrTown

Mings on 17:47 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

You don't think Leicester might look to phase out Johnny Evans? He's no spring chicken and Rogers would likely want to bring in a ball playing CB to replace him.

I think you’re probably right, they probably will I’d imagine, I don’t know whether I’d take Mings personally, but I could see it happening.

I just personally don’t think he is as good as most people say, I think he’s good, but not as good as people say.

If I was Leicester looking to phase out Evans, Tarkowski would top my list.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 9:11]

Mings on 23:15 - Jan 12 with 2026 viewsMrTown

Mings on 22:32 - Jan 12 by ArnieM

Good shout, that’s exactly what I thought 👍

If I was Utd looking for a centre half I’d take Soyuncu. I know it’s raiding Leicester again but I think he is very good.

Mings on 08:28 - Jan 13 with 1733 viewsitfcjoe

It would likely be a top 6 club, there aren't many players available who can play for them who are Homegrown so he'd probably get a big move.

But wouldn't surprise me if they keep him even if they go down, Grealish will go for £50m plus so there will be no financial pressure to sell and they'll try and get one more year out of him to get back up as not sure the big 6 will pay what is required as don't think he'd be a regular starter at any of them bar Arsenal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mings on 08:33 - Jan 13 with 1720 viewsNo9

Mings on 17:26 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

What Tyrone Mings has shown is that as he is included in better teams his game rises to that level.
Mings on 08:36 - Jan 13 with 1712 viewsBluefish

Mings on 08:28 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

It would likely be a top 6 club, there aren't many players available who can play for them who are Homegrown so he'd probably get a big move.

But wouldn't surprise me if they keep him even if they go down, Grealish will go for £50m plus so there will be no financial pressure to sell and they'll try and get one more year out of him to get back up as not sure the big 6 will pay what is required as don't think he'd be a regular starter at any of them bar Arsenal

When do arsenal cease to be regarded as big 6?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024