Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? 22:49 - Jan 31 with 12524 viewsGirthyguy

Makes no sense why any vegan would waltz into KFC at all let alone go and buy a vegan burger. WTF.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:34 - Feb 1 with 3970 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:14 - Feb 1 by Ely_Blue

And it’s a proven statistic that it’s the person with the alternative/vegan diet that is ultimately the one person in a group that dictates where people eat if they are together.

Also worth noting that the glut of plant based products in fast food are not necessarily designed to appeal to vegans but also to those who want to reduce their meat intake or do their bit for the planet, imagine if the whole world gave up meat for 1 day per week what that could do to the environment

One day a week wouldn't have a huge impact. People really need to be going meat free five days a week or more in order to make food production more environmentally sustainable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:36 - Feb 1 with 3970 viewsElephantintheRoom

Have you considered the possibility and every day reality that not everybody in a family is a vegan?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:41 - Feb 1 with 3952 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:14 - Feb 1 by Ely_Blue

And it’s a proven statistic that it’s the person with the alternative/vegan diet that is ultimately the one person in a group that dictates where people eat if they are together.

Also worth noting that the glut of plant based products in fast food are not necessarily designed to appeal to vegans but also to those who want to reduce their meat intake or do their bit for the planet, imagine if the whole world gave up meat for 1 day per week what that could do to the environment

In another thread you were just trying to say soy is evil, and now you’re saying this?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:54 - Feb 1 with 3952 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:41 - Feb 1 by monytowbray

In another thread you were just trying to say soy is evil, and now you’re saying this?

I imagine that if everyone in the world gave up meat for one day it would make precisely no difference.... and make the world a slightly worse place. All those animals would still be alive and belching and poohing... a bit of uneaten meat would be quietly rotting.

Vegan is a fad to be exploited in marketing - just like organic, low fat etc etc

But as someone said above... its always the veggie or vegan or non-fish eater that dictates where a group goes..... and dont forget all you city types who are far too right on busy to cook and get take outs... KFC have an eye of that too.

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:55 - Feb 1 with 3949 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:54 - Feb 1 by ElephantintheRoom

I imagine that if everyone in the world gave up meat for one day it would make precisely no difference.... and make the world a slightly worse place. All those animals would still be alive and belching and poohing... a bit of uneaten meat would be quietly rotting.

Vegan is a fad to be exploited in marketing - just like organic, low fat etc etc

But as someone said above... its always the veggie or vegan or non-fish eater that dictates where a group goes..... and dont forget all you city types who are far too right on busy to cook and get take outs... KFC have an eye of that too.

So edgy.

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 11:21 - Feb 1 with 3924 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:54 - Feb 1 by ElephantintheRoom

I cook more than I eat takeaway.

So what you’re saying is to make a difference we all need to go vegan or considerably close to full vegan? A few people have been saying that on here for years.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 12:36 - Feb 1 with 3901 viewsJ2BLUE

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 07:34 - Feb 1 by hype313

Just going on my good friend, but he would not set foot in the place that serves chicken everywhere, the vegan version is probably being cooked in the same oil as the chicken, not only that, KFC is eveything he abhors ie mass produced production meat.

Think they are delirious if they think it will work and are probably getting worried about the rise of veganism and vegetarianism.

I understand the argument but think it's the wrong approach. Why wouldn't you support a business changing its approach? I'm fully aware KFC aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts and it's a business move but they will sell what people demand. Isn't it better to support their non meat option?

If we look at some recent developments:

Richmond have come out with a vegan sausage

A dairy company (can't remember which) have come out with a plant bases milk

Greggs are bringing out an entire vegan range and recently paid staff a £300 bonus based on the success which has been credited in large part to the vegan sausage roll

Not embracing these changes just means the likes of KFC will carry on doing what they've always done, selling factory farmed chickens.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 14:41 - Feb 1 with 3855 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 11:21 - Feb 1 by monytowbray

I cook more than I eat takeaway.

So what you’re saying is to make a difference we all need to go vegan or considerably close to full vegan? A few people have been saying that on here for years.

Animal stocks have dropped quite a bit in the UK over the last couple of decades. So on one level that indicates that not everyone is eating meat every day. Some might say that is a throw back to the fifties and sixties when meat was a tad scarce and expensive, others see it as health-concious and insignificant UK somehow saving the world. Still others have noted we just import a lot more than we did.

Login to get fewer ads

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 19:25 - Feb 1 with 3823 viewsRyorry

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 14:41 - Feb 1 by ElephantintheRoom

Animal stocks have dropped quite a bit in the UK over the last couple of decades. So on one level that indicates that not everyone is eating meat every day. Some might say that is a throw back to the fifties and sixties when meat was a tad scarce and expensive, others see it as health-concious and insignificant UK somehow saving the world. Still others have noted we just import a lot more than we did.

Any links to actual figures fr the assertion that "Animal stocks have dropped quite a bit in the UK over the last couple of decades"?

In any case, if true, I suspect that much of that will be down to many dairy farmers having given up because the prices they were getting for milk meant that it was no longer economically viable to produce.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:06 - Feb 1 with 3791 viewsFtnfwest

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:44 - Jan 31 by monytowbray

Do you often ask why Straight Pride Day and White History Month don’t exist too?
Do you go into McDonalds and ask for a Whopper?
Do you go into Planet Blue and ask why they can’t buy a Norwich shirt?

What a stupid thing to say.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 23:45]

Let’s see
No
No
No
But you can still go into virtually any restaurant in the world and get vegetarian options.
What an idiotic and prejudiced response
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:18 - Feb 1 with 3787 viewseireblue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 12:36 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

I understand the argument but think it's the wrong approach. Why wouldn't you support a business changing its approach? I'm fully aware KFC aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts and it's a business move but they will sell what people demand. Isn't it better to support their non meat option?

If we look at some recent developments:

Richmond have come out with a vegan sausage

A dairy company (can't remember which) have come out with a plant bases milk

Greggs are bringing out an entire vegan range and recently paid staff a £300 bonus based on the success which has been credited in large part to the vegan sausage roll

Not embracing these changes just means the likes of KFC will carry on doing what they've always done, selling factory farmed chickens.

“Why wouldn't you support a business changing its approach?”

The answer to that is possibly in the difference in a vegan and plant based eater.

KFC have always had plant-based food. They haven’t changed approach. The majority of their profits will be from selling dead animals.

If I have a choice, my money will go to a vegan company. I would rather see more or larger exclusively vegan companies. For that to happen, they have to have customers.

Hellman’s vegan mayo is a bit of a dilemma. It is very good, I have tried it.
But have gone back to vegan mayo from vegan companies.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:37 - Feb 1 with 3772 viewsKropotkin123

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:55 - Jan 31 by TractorWood

I'm not a vegan nor have I engaged with it beyond trying to eat less meat and get local stuff when possible. However, I've no idea what people are so continuously outraged by. It reminds me of 20 years ago when people ridiculed vegetarians. When people realised it's not that big of a deal, the fuss sort of went away.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 22:56]

But if you are so principled about being a Vegan, why go to a place that is kills roughly 1 billion chickens a year? It's a little odd.

*source = www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com - No idea if it is reputable

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:43 - Feb 1 with 3762 viewshorsehollerer

Maybe they like other items on the KFC menu and would like a burger to go with it? Maybe they are with their non-vegan friends? Maybe non-vegans who are cutting down on meat like to try it? Maybe vegan burgers just taste nicer than chicken to some people?

I'm not vegan or even vegetarian but I increasingly find the "eat meat or you're a weirdo" lot even more annoying than the "here's why you should be vegan" brigade.

Either way, it beats me why anyone would feel threatened by a fast food chain offering a vegan option. Order something else ffs!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:01 - Feb 1 with 3735 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:06 - Feb 1 by Ftnfwest

Let’s see
No
No
No
But you can still go into virtually any restaurant in the world and get vegetarian options.

You’ve missed the point by quite some distance there.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 01:20 - Feb 2 with 3702 viewsKropotkin123

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:43 - Feb 1 by horsehollerer

Maybe they like other items on the KFC menu and would like a burger to go with it? Maybe they are with their non-vegan friends? Maybe non-vegans who are cutting down on meat like to try it? Maybe vegan burgers just taste nicer than chicken to some people?

I'm not vegan or even vegetarian but I increasingly find the "eat meat or you're a weirdo" lot even more annoying than the "here's why you should be vegan" brigade.

Either way, it beats me why anyone would feel threatened by a fast food chain offering a vegan option. Order something else ffs!

Do you not recognise the hypocrisy of going into a outlet that kills billions of animals per year as a vegan?

There is a massive fad going on at the moment, where companies like KFC who are responsible for bad health, animal suffering and animal deaths, just whitewash their industry and their company by providing a couple of options for Vegans.

Let's get beyond their propaganda campaign. It's utter nonsense. They are a fast food chicken vendor. They are the epitome of what Vegans oppose.

I'm not even vegetarian, let alone a vegan, but I wouldn't go into a vendor like that because I have ethical standards.

Maybe I am a weirdo, but perhaps not the criteria you outline for those that take issue with the rise of these vegan options in places like this.

Sorry for ranting at you, just a good opportunity to lob my thoughts out there

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 01:28 - Feb 2 with 3689 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 01:20 - Feb 2 by Kropotkin123

Do you not recognise the hypocrisy of going into a outlet that kills billions of animals per year as a vegan?

There is a massive fad going on at the moment, where companies like KFC who are responsible for bad health, animal suffering and animal deaths, just whitewash their industry and their company by providing a couple of options for Vegans.

Let's get beyond their propaganda campaign. It's utter nonsense. They are a fast food chicken vendor. They are the epitome of what Vegans oppose.

I'm not even vegetarian, let alone a vegan, but I wouldn't go into a vendor like that because I have ethical standards.

Maybe I am a weirdo, but perhaps not the criteria you outline for those that take issue with the rise of these vegan options in places like this.

So as a non-vegan you’re telling people how to be vegan. Okay.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 04:15 - Feb 2 with 3674 viewsNewcyBlue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 01:28 - Feb 2 by monytowbray

So as a non-vegan you’re telling people how to be vegan. Okay.

No. You’ve missed the point.

Both Herbivore and Eireblue have said that they wouldn’t entertain the idea as it would go against their vegan ethics. Eireblue has said he would rather give his money to vegan companies.

I can see why neither would venture into such a place as KFC.

In fact after the last discussion I ended up engrossed in reading about vegan cars. It’s fascinating stuff.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:10 - Feb 2 with 3636 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:06 - Feb 1 by Ftnfwest

Let’s see
No
No
No

You can't go into pretty much any restaurant in the world and get a vegetarian (let alone vegan) option. That's simply not true. Whenever I go on holiday overseas it's a bit of a nightmare finding places I can eat.

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:15 - Feb 2 with 3631 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:34 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

One day a week wouldn't have a huge impact. People really need to be going meat free five days a week or more in order to make food production more environmentally sustainable.

One day per week is a potential 1/7th reduction, what’s that just under 15%? I’d say that’s a start on a reduction, Rome wasn’t built in a day

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:20 - Feb 2 with 3625 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 04:15 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

No. You’ve missed the point.

Both Herbivore and Eireblue have said that they wouldn’t entertain the idea as it would go against their vegan ethics. Eireblue has said he would rather give his money to vegan companies.

I can see why neither would venture into such a place as KFC.

In fact after the last discussion I ended up engrossed in reading about vegan cars. It’s fascinating stuff.

It’s capitalism and business chasing the market, but pretty much none of these places would have launched vegan items without the demand. I just can’t really be fussed with the pedantics myself personally.

As I said, nice to know it’s there if I need it.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:20 - Feb 2 with 3626 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:41 - Feb 1 by monytowbray

Soy is evil, beef is evil, not every vegan product is made from soy.

The biggest issue with vegan non meat products and the reason so many are made from soy is cost. The better alternatives such as pea proteins are vastly more costly than soy and unless they are hugely flavoured they taste vile.

I am not anti vegan and I’m not a crusader for vegan, I work in the food industry and I know quite a lot more than you would think Callis. The company I work for has a few factories out of the 140+ locations around the world that produce vegan products, some are soy based, some are wheat based. Some of these are even household brands that have made a vegan alternative to their standard meat versions. I’ve seen the market data, I’ve seen the insights and I’ve seen the arguments for and against.

When you want a sensible conversation then please let me know

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:21 - Feb 2 with 3624 viewsbluelagos

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:15 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

One day per week is a potential 1/7th reduction, what’s that just under 15%? I’d say that’s a start on a reduction, Rome wasn’t built in a day

For those of us who looking to reduce our meat (not for ethical reasons but for environmental ones) does fish tick the box? Appreciate there is some carbon footprint due to boats using fuel, but how much better (or not) is fish v meat?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:28 - Feb 2 with 3610 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:20 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

Soy is evil, beef is evil, not every vegan product is made from soy.

The biggest issue with vegan non meat products and the reason so many are made from soy is cost. The better alternatives such as pea proteins are vastly more costly than soy and unless they are hugely flavoured they taste vile.

I am not anti vegan and I’m not a crusader for vegan, I work in the food industry and I know quite a lot more than you would think Callis. The company I work for has a few factories out of the 140+ locations around the world that produce vegan products, some are soy based, some are wheat based. Some of these are even household brands that have made a vegan alternative to their standard meat versions. I’ve seen the market data, I’ve seen the insights and I’ve seen the arguments for and against.

When you want a sensible conversation then please let me know

I can’t have a sensible conversation with someone who thinks soy is the “second worst environmental crop behind beef” I’m afraid. That’s nonsense.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:29 - Feb 2 with 3611 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 21:37 - Feb 1 by Kropotkin123

But if you are so principled about being a Vegan, why go to a place that is kills roughly 1 billion chickens a year? It's a little odd.

*source = www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com - No idea if it is reputable

Have you ever thought that it’s not necessarily the vegan brigade that kfc are targeting, out of the people in the uk eating plant based products or meat alternatives there are a far greater number who class themselves as flexitarians or meat reducers than vegans, I have some statistics somewhere but not to hand so won’t try to quote what I’m not sure on

Burger King had a backlash recently from some parts because they cook their rebel whopper on the same grill as the standard one, however there was never the intent that it was to be a vegan burger but a burger that was aimed at meat reducers (I have that from the horses mouth - excuse the pun)

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:31 - Feb 2 with 3606 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 01:20 - Feb 2 by Kropotkin123

Again you are missing the whole point about it being a vegan burger, it’s not just about the vegans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024