Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity 18:50 - Feb 2 with 2308 viewsNewcyBlue

We have just been given an 8 week old spaniel to look after for a few days.

He’s come with a timetable. An actual timetable. It has sleep, food, training, and toilet breaks on it. It’s really very organised.

He’s quite a fabulous thing. He’s learning hand signals and we are doing 3 to 4 training sessions with him a day.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 18:52 - Feb 2 with 2292 viewsjeera

He's brought his own timetable and can used hand signals.

He doesn't sound like he needs a lot of training to be fair.

*Nice one. Sounds great.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 18:57 - Feb 2 with 2279 viewsNewcyBlue

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 18:52 - Feb 2 by jeera

He's brought his own timetable and can used hand signals.

He doesn't sound like he needs a lot of training to be fair.

*Nice one. Sounds great.

It takes 18 months to fully train them.

I must admit it’s a charity I had never heard of, and I certainly didn’t know that deaf people would have hearing dogs. Maybe that’s daft.

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 18:59 - Feb 2 with 2272 viewsbrogansnose

That's a wonderful thing to do, good on Mrs N and yourself. My experience of Spaniels is that are loop the loop crazy.
MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:03 - Feb 2 with 2262 viewsjeera

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 18:57 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

It takes 18 months to fully train them.

I must admit it’s a charity I had never heard of, and I certainly didn’t know that deaf people would have hearing dogs. Maybe that’s daft.

I've known a couple of people to have them - different breeds though. One was some kind of terrier.

Makes sense I guess for at home and whilst out and about; hear cars coming etc.

18 months. So you're sort of fostering for now?

How does it work I wonder.

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:08 - Feb 2 with 2249 viewsPJH

He might be better learning paw signals first Newcy.
MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:08 - Feb 2 with 2247 viewsNewcyBlue

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 18:59 - Feb 2 by brogansnose

That's a wonderful thing to do, good on Mrs N and yourself. My experience of Spaniels is that are loop the loop crazy.

Yeah he’s boisterous! He’s a bonny little black and white thing.

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:11 - Feb 2 with 2232 viewsPecker

Amazing thing to do. Good on the both of you.
MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 2200 viewsblueislander

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:08 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

Yeah he’s boisterous! He’s a bonny little black and white thing.

Picture please Newcy.
Login to get fewer ads

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:58 - Feb 2 with 2168 viewsNewcyBlue

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:31 - Feb 2 by blueislander

Picture please Newcy.

Not quite sure if that worked.

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:00 - Feb 2 with 2160 viewsfactual_blue

PARDON???!!???

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:04 - Feb 2 with 2161 viewsNewcyBlue

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:00 - Feb 2 by factual_blue

PARDON???!!???

When we help train dogs for the senile I’ll let you know....

Although how happy would those dogs be?! Constantly playing fetch because the owner would have forgotten they’ve already thrown the ball...

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:07 - Feb 2 with 2147 viewsjeera

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:04 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

Although how happy would those dogs be?! Constantly playing fetch because the owner would have forgotten they’ve already thrown the ball...

What ball?

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:25 - Feb 2 with 2110 viewsblueconscience

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:58 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

Oops meant to click the up arrow.

Lovely wee puppy For a great cause

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:26 - Feb 2 with 2105 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 19:58 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

Love that buh.

Coincidentally, my old dog used to be called Tigger.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:30 - Feb 2 with 2085 viewsdavblue

Fantastic, it's a great charity. We did bed and breakfast until 4 years ago when we had our boy as we didn't have the time to take them each morning and night. They supplied everything and were very accommodating. You will enjoy it.
MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:56 - Feb 2 with 2036 viewsNewcyBlue

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:30 - Feb 2 by davblue

Fantastic, it's a great charity. We did bed and breakfast until 4 years ago when we had our boy as we didn't have the time to take them each morning and night. They supplied everything and were very accommodating. You will enjoy it.

His permanent trainer only got him last week but had stuff planned.

So we are just looking after him for a few days until she gets back.

Our 5 cats aren’t impressed.

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 23:23 - Feb 2 with 1952 viewsRyorry

Well tbf, from all your previous posts over the years it did sound as tho you needed a bit more regularity in your life, Newcy

What an amazing thing to do, well done to you and your family :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 00:15 - Feb 3 with 1933 viewsfactual_blue

MrsNewcy has signed us up to help with the Hearing Dogs charity on 20:04 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

HALF PAST FOUR

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024