Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? 22:49 - Jan 31 with 12508 viewsGirthyguy

Makes no sense why any vegan would waltz into KFC at all let alone go and buy a vegan burger. WTF.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:32 - Feb 2 with 1778 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:21 - Feb 2 by bluelagos

For those of us who looking to reduce our meat (not for ethical reasons but for environmental ones) does fish tick the box? Appreciate there is some carbon footprint due to boats using fuel, but how much better (or not) is fish v meat?

If the fish you eat is sustainable then why not, if it’s intensively farmed then it’s probably as bad as meat that is farmed

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 1776 viewsbluelagos

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:32 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

If the fish you eat is sustainable then why not, if it’s intensively farmed then it’s probably as bad as meat that is farmed

Will have to ask then...cheers :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:35 - Feb 2 with 1773 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:28 - Feb 2 by monytowbray

I can’t have a sensible conversation with someone who thinks soy is the “second worst environmental crop behind beef” I’m afraid. That’s nonsense.

It’s fact not nonsense, I will give you the source of my facts and if I am wrong then for that I apologise.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/the-story-of-soy

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:40 - Feb 2 with 1757 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:15 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

One day per week is a potential 1/7th reduction, what’s that just under 15%? I’d say that’s a start on a reduction, Rome wasn’t built in a day

It wouldn't be a one seventh reduction, most of the world already doesn't eat meat every day. It's mainly the west where culturally meat is seen as an everyday thing. I doubt it would have much impact at all on global meat production. If people genuinely care about the environment they need to be looking at slashing their meat consumption far more drastically than just one day a week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:41 - Feb 2 with 1757 viewsOxford_Blue

Why shouldn’t they if they think they can sell them?

Most fast food places are seeking to appeal to a wider customer base.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:42 - Feb 2 with 1755 viewseireblue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:35 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

It’s fact not nonsense, I will give you the source of my facts and if I am wrong then for that I apologise.

I think the pertinent point in the article is:

As the global population grows and incomes rise, demand for meat–and the soy-based feed used to raise livestock–will increase

It would be interesting to do some maths based increase of soy usage based on more people eating more meat, vs the new number of vegans using some soy.
Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:47 - Feb 2 with 1747 viewsDarth_Koont

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:21 - Feb 2 by bluelagos

For those of us who looking to reduce our meat (not for ethical reasons but for environmental ones) does fish tick the box? Appreciate there is some carbon footprint due to boats using fuel, but how much better (or not) is fish v meat?

Click on the image to see the detail.

Fish is good on emissions. Also massive water use is a big part of animal meat production (particularly beef). The particular issue with fishing is physical damage to the environment with certain types of fishing and upsetting the balance/overfishing natural stocks. So farmed fish is generally much better than "free range".

On a side note, this table is partly to debunk the idea that fuel emissions make up any major part of this emissions picture when it comes to food choices (or retail storage, packaging etc.). It's what you eat not where it comes from that's the issue so "eating locally" is really not the answer unless it's to support local farmers and/or if you know know that their practices are "better" for the environment. But for the most part it's a detail that gets in the way of making the real environmental choice.

Pronouns: He/Him

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:51 - Feb 2 with 1750 viewsHerbivore

The vast majority of soy is grown to feed livestock.

Login to get fewer ads

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:00 - Feb 2 with 1738 viewsNewcyBlue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:20 - Feb 2 by monytowbray

It’s capitalism and business chasing the market, but pretty much none of these places would have launched vegan items without the demand. I just can’t really be fussed with the pedantics myself personally.

As I said, nice to know it’s there if I need it.

I’ve said it before, but, I think being vegan must be exhausting at times.

I’ve always wondered where people draw the line? How extreme, and I don’t really like that word when it comes to this subject, do people go?

At the end of the day avoiding any company profiting from the use of animal products must be very difficult, and where do you draw the line at that? Not you personally.

It’s very interesting.

We are having plant based food for the coming week. We’ve meal planned, shopped for the first half of the week, and I am going to do some batch cooking later on today.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 12:17 - Feb 2 with 1714 viewsRyorry

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:42 - Feb 2 by eireblue

I think the pertinent point in the article is:

As the global population grows and incomes rise, demand for meat–and the soy-based feed used to raise livestock–will increase

It would be interesting to do some maths based increase of soy usage based on more people eating more meat, vs the new number of vegans using some soy.

There was a feature by the BBC R5l science prog this morning at 5am in which they conducted a test on carbon emissions saved by following a vegan diet.

The entire production team spent a week logging every detail of their usual diet, followed by a week of logging every detail of a strict vegan diet. The results were then sent away for professional analysis.

Results were pretty impressive. Those who'd prev been "standard" meat/dairy eaters saved 75% by going 100% vegan; those who'd previously eaten a bit of meat & dairy but also a lot of plant-based meals saved 50% of their former carbon emissions by going full vegan.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 12:27 - Feb 2 with 1703 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 10:00 - Feb 2 by NewcyBlue

I’ve said it before, but, I think being vegan must be exhausting at times.

I’ve always wondered where people draw the line? How extreme, and I don’t really like that word when it comes to this subject, do people go?

At the end of the day avoiding any company profiting from the use of animal products must be very difficult, and where do you draw the line at that? Not you personally.

It’s very interesting.

We are having plant based food for the coming week. We’ve meal planned, shopped for the first half of the week, and I am going to do some batch cooking later on today.

For the most part being vegan is fairly straightforward, especially these days. Knowing where to draw a line is tougher, it'd be really difficult to only buy food from vegan shops and producers so for convenience most vegans will use shops and restaurants that also sell meat and dairy products. I think it's hard to avoid that. For me personally though I wouldn't feel comfortable eating at KFC when their entire business model is built on factory farming and slaughtering millions of chickens every year.

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 13:53 - Feb 2 with 1671 viewsbluelagos

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 09:47 - Feb 2 by Darth_Koont

Click on the image to see the detail.

Fish is good on emissions. Also massive water use is a big part of animal meat production (particularly beef). The particular issue with fishing is physical damage to the environment with certain types of fishing and upsetting the balance/overfishing natural stocks. So farmed fish is generally much better than "free range".

On a side note, this table is partly to debunk the idea that fuel emissions make up any major part of this emissions picture when it comes to food choices (or retail storage, packaging etc.). It's what you eat not where it comes from that's the issue so "eating locally" is really not the answer unless it's to support local farmers and/or if you know know that their practices are "better" for the environment. But for the most part it's a detail that gets in the way of making the real environmental choice.

Good man, thanks

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 14:29 - Feb 2 with 1655 viewsNewcyBlue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 12:27 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

For the most part being vegan is fairly straightforward, especially these days. Knowing where to draw a line is tougher, it'd be really difficult to only buy food from vegan shops and producers so for convenience most vegans will use shops and restaurants that also sell meat and dairy products. I think it's hard to avoid that. For me personally though I wouldn't feel comfortable eating at KFC when their entire business model is built on factory farming and slaughtering millions of chickens every year.

I find it fascinating mate.

For me, I could happily move to a plant based diet.

But going the whole hog, no pun intended, would be quite difficult.

As you say, it’s where you draw the line.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 14:32 - Feb 2 with 1650 viewsmonytowbray

Soy has its issues, but you took liberties saying it was the second worst behind beef (still yet to see evidence of that) and also fail to consider 90%+ of soy produced goes towards feeding animals for humans to eat. We would need less soy if everyone went vegan.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 16:00 - Feb 2 with 1623 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 14:32 - Feb 2 by monytowbray

Soy has its issues, but you took liberties saying it was the second worst behind beef (still yet to see evidence of that) and also fail to consider 90%+ of soy produced goes towards feeding animals for humans to eat. We would need less soy if everyone went vegan.

Please tell me where I said that we wouldn’t need less soy if everyone went vegan, but you can’t deny that soy is currently bad for the environment and the planet.

Do get off your high horse and actually have an adult conversation once in a while, it’s not the world vs callis you know

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 16:03 - Feb 2 with 1619 viewsHerbivore

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 16:00 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

Please tell me where I said that we wouldn’t need less soy if everyone went vegan, but you can’t deny that soy is currently bad for the environment and the planet.

Do get off your high horse and actually have an adult conversation once in a while, it’s not the world vs callis you know

You can't really detach the soy industry from the meat industry though given how much of it is grown to feed livestock.

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 16:10 - Feb 2 with 1601 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 16:00 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

You said soy is the second worst crop for the environment next to beef, as I’ll state again. Evidence?

I’m trying to have an adult conversation. You’re playing swerve.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:02 - Feb 2 with 1566 viewsEly_Blue

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 16:10 - Feb 2 by monytowbray

You said soy is the second worst crop for the environment next to beef, as I’ll state again. Evidence?

I’m trying to have an adult conversation. You’re playing swerve.

And if you read this post where I said

“It’s fact not nonsense, I will give you the source of my facts and if I am wrong then for that I apologise. ‘

I am saying if my source which I posted is incorrect then I apologise.

Funny how despite everything else I said you still have to try and take the moral high ground and act like a tvvat, no wonder you are such a devisive character who is always caught up in an argument with someone on here.

Even when people try to have a decent conversation with you and APOLOGISE if they have their facts wrong then you still have to be moronic............ I have tried but I give up on you

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:32 - Feb 2 with 1555 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:02 - Feb 2 by Ely_Blue

And if you read this post where I said

“It’s fact not nonsense, I will give you the source of my facts and if I am wrong then for that I apologise. ‘

I am saying if my source which I posted is incorrect then I apologise.

Funny how despite everything else I said you still have to try and take the moral high ground and act like a tvvat, no wonder you are such a devisive character who is always caught up in an argument with someone on here.

Even when people try to have a decent conversation with you and APOLOGISE if they have their facts wrong then you still have to be moronic............ I have tried but I give up on you

You are over sensitive and I feel sorry for you that you always feel the need to go off like this a lot.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:47 - Feb 2 with 1544 viewsfooters

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:32 - Feb 2 by monytowbray

You are over sensitive and I feel sorry for you that you always feel the need to go off like this a lot.

"You are over sensitive and I feel sorry for you that you always feel the need to go off like this a lot." - callis, about another poster

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:32 - Feb 2 with 1522 viewsmonytowbray

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 22:47 - Feb 2 by footers

"You are over sensitive and I feel sorry for you that you always feel the need to go off like this a lot." - callis, about another poster

I have no issues admitting I can be like that though. Ely seems to think his reaction is normal.

TWTD never forgets…

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:37 - Feb 2 with 1520 viewsfooters

Why are KFC selling a vegan burger? on 23:32 - Feb 2 by monytowbray

I have no issues admitting I can be like that though. Ely seems to think his reaction is normal.

The gravy is something else. Take that how you will :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024