Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do people hate vegans so much? 10:36 - Feb 9 with 41611 viewsmonytowbray

Not a literal question, here’s a link.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200203-the-hidden-biases-that-drive-anti-ve

I love the fact a physiologist used the term “cognitive dissonance” as I’m sure I’ve made that point a few times before on here and was told I have no idea what the phrase means and I’m just using big words to sound smart :)

A lot of the arguments here though were exactly what I went through before choosing to make the jump full time. There’s always a choice.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 10:59 - Feb 9 with 8119 viewsHerbivore

Hard to argue with that really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:03 - Feb 9 with 8108 viewsEly_Blue

Nothing like a look at me/controversial post heading!!!

you could have easily posted the title about "the reason people are so Anti Vegan" but no in true Callis style you have to try and be confrontational!!!!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:05 - Feb 9 with 8095 viewsSwailsey

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:03 - Feb 9 by Ely_Blue

you could have easily posted the title about "the reason people are so Anti Vegan" but no in true Callis style you have to try and be confrontational!!!!

In this instance, I really don’t think he is.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:06 - Feb 9 with 8095 viewsPinewoodblue

Have several friends, of all ages, that are now vegan. They don’t make a fuss but just get on with their lives. Try it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:07 - Feb 9 with 8089 viewsPecker

My Wife is a vegan and I LOVE her.
Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:09 - Feb 9 with 8080 viewsmonytowbray

I would say “get over yourself” but it appears that actually I’ve managed to blag rent free accommodation in your head without even realising it.

Still waiting for that evidence soy is as bad as beef...
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 11:11]

TWTD never forgets…

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:11 - Feb 9 with 8068 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:07 - Feb 9 by Pecker

My Wife is a vegan and I LOVE her.

I love that your wife is vegan but I won’t steal her any time soon ;)

Although being single a year now I’ve officially realised I think I couldn’t date someone not willing to consider eating less meat.

TWTD never forgets…

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:13 - Feb 9 with 8057 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:06 - Feb 9 by Pinewoodblue

Have several friends, of all ages, that are now vegan. They don’t make a fuss but just get on with their lives. Try it.

If my reasons are ethically based and it’s something I’m very passionate about then why should I?

You can always, you know, not read the thread if it bothers you? You have free will.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:18 - Feb 9 with 8033 viewsNewcyBlue

Nah. You’re wrong.

I have no issues telling Callis when he is being a berk, but here he isn’t.

Maybe he’s being a bit hyperbolic.

People need to live and let live. Except for racists, punch them.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:18 - Feb 9 with 8030 viewsEly_Blue

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:09 - Feb 9 by monytowbray

I would say “get over yourself” but it appears that actually I’ve managed to blag rent free accommodation in your head without even realising it.

Still waiting for that evidence soy is as bad as beef...
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 11:11]

People like you are two a penny in life, so the fact that you think you are "living rent free in my head" is quite laughable. I really couldnt give a t055 about you and your sad existence to be honest.

I'm quite happy to have an argument with you and if you were living in my head then you would know that I do it just for even more fun!!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 8029 viewsblueconscience

Normal Vegans who mind their own business are fine, I hate the vegans who try to vilify meat eaters and try and force their personal views down peoples throats (Pun intended).
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 11:51]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 8030 viewsDarth_Koont

Very good.

I'm not a vegan but actively choosing to eat a lot more vegetarian (environment, hypocrisy, supporting my daughters' choices etc) means that I've addressed the "meat paradox" and fully accept it.

I don't feel any hatred for even the most hard-core vegans as a result because I understand and accept them too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:20 - Feb 9 with 8024 viewsPecker

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:11 - Feb 9 by monytowbray

I love that your wife is vegan but I won’t steal her any time soon ;)

Although being single a year now I’ve officially realised I think I couldn’t date someone not willing to consider eating less meat.

You would stand no chance mate. She hates beards for starters.
Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:21 - Feb 9 with 8024 viewsDarth_Koont

To be fair, that is exactly the question the article is answering.

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:24 - Feb 9 with 8004 viewsNewcyBlue

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:13 - Feb 9 by monytowbray

If my reasons are ethically based and it’s something I’m very passionate about then why should I?

You can always, you know, not read the thread if it bothers you? You have free will.

If you’re out with your mates, at a restaurant, and some of them eat meat, how do you approach that particular subject?

Some of your vegan threads have seemed a bit, not aggressive, but forthright.

Do you bring it up every time or just the once and let them come to their own decision in due course?

If I had a mate that was a hardcore vegan that I went for dinner with, I would just find a vegan restaurant to eat at with them.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:25 - Feb 9 with 7997 viewsDarth_Koont

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:19 - Feb 9 by blueconscience

Normal Vegans who mind their own business are fine, I hate the vegans who try to vilify meat eaters and try and force their personal views down peoples throats (Pun intended).
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 11:51]

I don't think this is a personal and private discussion but is a huge social, ethical and environmental issue.

I think the onus is now on people to deal with it. Whether they like it or not.

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:31 - Feb 9 with 7957 viewsWD19

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:25 - Feb 9 by Darth_Koont

I don't think this is a personal and private discussion but is a huge social, ethical and environmental issue.

I think the onus is now on people to deal with it. Whether they like it or not.

No more or less so than people who drive up and down the country every Saturday linked to their hobby watching football. Or live in a house with any spare rooms. Or have more than 2 children.

Or do anything. Ever.

It’s about personal responsibility. Other people telling people what to do never ends well. You don’t win debates by hitting people in the face with your own opinions.....repeatedly.
Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:31 - Feb 9 with 7958 viewsBrianTablet

Because hate is the new meh

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:40 - Feb 9 with 7917 viewsAce_High1

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:24 - Feb 9 by NewcyBlue

If you’re out with your mates, at a restaurant, and some of them eat meat, how do you approach that particular subject?

Do you bring it up every time or just the once and let them come to their own decision in due course?

If I had a mate that was a hardcore vegan that I went for dinner with, I would just find a vegan restaurant to eat at with them.

That is an interesting point and it would be interesting to hear answers from some of the vegans on this forum.

I think most of us will take the approach that we respect others choice to make their own mind up.

I personally can't stand people smoking, but I would not preach to others - let them decide themselves what they want.
Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:41 - Feb 9 with 7914 viewsDarth_Koont

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:31 - Feb 9 by WD19

No more or less so than people who drive up and down the country every Saturday linked to their hobby watching football. Or live in a house with any spare rooms. Or have more than 2 children.

Or do anything. Ever.

It’s about personal responsibility. Other people telling people what to do never ends well. You don’t win debates by hitting people in the face with your own opinions.....repeatedly.

Not quite the same thing IMO.

I'd put this more on the lines of recycling or racism. In this type of ethical and social area, you don't accept people saying it's up to them what they think, say and do. But that used to be the defence.

There's leeway because it's early doors and there's a big shift underway. But getting upset with vegans talking about it is edging towards antisocial behaviour. And some of the OTT reactions definitely are already.

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 12:46 - Feb 9 with 7775 viewsHerbivore

Think you've jumped the shark on this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 12:46 - Feb 9 with 7777 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:18 - Feb 9 by Ely_Blue

People like you are two a penny in life, so the fact that you think you are "living rent free in my head" is quite laughable. I really couldnt give a t055 about you and your sad existence to be honest.

I'm quite happy to have an argument with you and if you were living in my head then you would know that I do it just for even more fun!!

You don’t care but here you are getting very angry and upset at what I post AGAIN and flinging out insults.

Man, I thought I had a miserable 2019 but I’d hate to carry your chip on my shoulder. Calm down, go have a cup of tea or something.

Odd thing to say you’re “happy to argue” with someone, let alone then still not back up a past statement with evidence requested.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 13:10]

TWTD never forgets…

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 12:48 - Feb 9 with 7770 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:24 - Feb 9 by NewcyBlue

My friends tend to listen to my points and take them on board rather than have a meltdown like some on here do.

TBH most my mates these days are vegan. PUNX are ahead of the curve innit :)

TWTD never forgets…

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 13:20 - Feb 9 with 7718 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:40 - Feb 9 by Ace_High1

That is an interesting point and it would be interesting to hear answers from some of the vegans on this forum.

I think most of us will take the approach that we respect others choice to make their own mind up.

I personally can't stand people smoking, but I would not preach to others - let them decide themselves what they want.

https://www.thefactsite.com/beef-vs-cars-environment/

Smoking doesn’t really affect anything second hand as much as eating meat does.

TWTD never forgets…

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 13:26 - Feb 9 with 7679 viewsWD19

Why do people hate vegans so much? on 11:41 - Feb 9 by Darth_Koont

Not quite the same thing IMO.

I'd put this more on the lines of recycling or racism. In this type of ethical and social area, you don't accept people saying it's up to them what they think, say and do. But that used to be the defence.

There's leeway because it's early doors and there's a big shift underway. But getting upset with vegans talking about it is edging towards antisocial behaviour. And some of the OTT reactions definitely are already.

Who decides that eating less meat is the ethical thing to do but having multiple children, at equal expense to the planet, is socially acceptable? Or driving to a football match in Sunderland is OK!?

There is a much wider conversation to be had about shared social responsibility.

Nobody ‘hates’ people who choose not to drive long distances because they choose not to drive long distances. Nobody ‘hates’ vegans because they choose to be vegan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024