Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Caroline Flack 17:55 - Feb 15 with 15132 viewsBloomBlue

Far too young
RIP Caroline Flack on 19:32 - Feb 15 with 3913 viewsSarge

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:31 - Feb 15 by Johnny_Boy

Had to Google who that is / was.

Nah, no idea.

Ok. Thanks for sharing.
RIP Caroline Flack on 19:49 - Feb 15 with 3860 viewsartsbossbeard

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:31 - Feb 15 by Johnny_Boy

Had to Google who that is / was.

Nah, no idea.

Your thoughts are with her family.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:55 - Feb 15 with 3833 viewsnewcastlefan1984

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:49 - Feb 15 by artsbossbeard

Your thoughts are with her family.

Desperately sad news for a lady so young.

There needs to be much tighter regulation on social media as trolls are allowed to make vile, lewd comments without any fear of punishment. It has cost this poor ladies life.

As a sufferer of bipolar disorder, I was devastated to hear she took her own life and my thoughts are with her family and friends. The sheer amount of pressure she must have been under was huge and it serves as a sad lesson that the press really need to take a look at the way they treat celebrities.

Sometimes, enough is enough and there needs to be a line drawn.
RIP Caroline Flack on 20:24 - Feb 15 with 3753 viewsElderGrizzly

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:02 - Feb 15 by Mullet

Valentines Day, a career and reputation ruined via social media, whatever she did/didn’t do it raises some very serious questions.

I used an interview of her in a lesson last year where she was essentially justifying putting her career over having kids and settling down. It was a fairly hard watch then, and I barely knew who she was.

I’m sure a few of my students will be really upset as she was very popular with teenage girls it seems through Love Island and the like.

40 is no age at all.

The Sun showbiz editor is currently crying crocodile tears on Twitter.

His paper, under his guidance, did this yesterday

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/feb/15/the-sun-takes-down-article-about-c
RIP Caroline Flack on 20:29 - Feb 15 with 3743 viewsDoctor_Earman

She was due to stand trial for assaulting her boyfriend with a lamp. Let's not forget that.
RIP Caroline Flack on 20:31 - Feb 15 with 3711 viewsartsbossbeard

RIP Caroline Flack on 20:29 - Feb 15 by Doctor_Earman

She was due to stand trial for assaulting her boyfriend with a lamp. Let's not forget that.

The poor lass has just committed suicide, ffs.

This country.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

RIP Caroline Flack on 20:36 - Feb 15 with 3681 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm coming late to this but not sure that the assault case means we shouldn't feel sympathy for someone who was so troubled that they took their own life. If not empathy.

And I'd say that if this was a man accused of domestic violence too.

The question remains: How much responsibility should we take as a society? And perhaps some individuals online and in the media in particular?

Pronouns: He/Him

RIP Caroline Flack on 20:36 - Feb 15 with 3684 viewsMullet

And if found guilty would have been punished accordingly. That doesn't mean the way in which she has been hounded to her death sits well or should just be ignored.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Caroline Flack on 20:37 - Feb 15 with 3667 viewsartsbossbeard

RIP Caroline Flack on 20:36 - Feb 15 by Mullet

And if found guilty would have been punished accordingly. That doesn't mean the way in which she has been hounded to her death sits well or should just be ignored.

Amazing isn't it?

It's like a really crass game of top trumps.

Agree with that on 20:45 - Feb 15 with 3618 viewsDyland

Agree with that on 19:31 - Feb 15 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Don't hide behind relative anonymity or the seeming distance of the internet to push people's buttons or an agenda. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face (and with good reason) then don't say it at all. Same goes for the media and their readiness to throw people under the bus for a few extra clicks or papers sold.

I also had to look up who she was but sounds like she's been plagued by the spotlight she's been under. While she is in the public eye, that doesn't mean she has to take everything from everyone. Not quite sure when that became part of the deal as a famous or semi-famous person.

It's often the deal even if you don't make money for being famous. Everyone is a target for online abuse. The old line we used to use here fifteen odd years ago "it's only the internet" is very glib and emotionally unintelligent.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

RIP Caroline Flack on 20:47 - Feb 15 with 3608 viewsDyland

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:28 - Feb 15 by jeera

I watched the doc about the chap discovered in Barrymore's pool a few days ago.

I didn't catch the name but some NOTW reporter didn't even try to hide his glee at how he and others lept all over the story at the time.

No hint of remorse at harassing the grieving family, no regrets about exaggerating events when they didn't have enough to go on etc.

If you've seen it you'll know what I mean. It's impossible to watch without wanting to smack the scumbag through the screen.

I've no interest in watching it, but I can imagine.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

RIP Caroline Flack on 21:03 - Feb 15 with 3548 viewsfooters

RIP Caroline Flack on 20:24 - Feb 15 by ElderGrizzly

The Sun showbiz editor is currently crying crocodile tears on Twitter.

His paper, under his guidance, did this yesterday

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/feb/15/the-sun-takes-down-article-about-c

Dan Wootton is a terrible cnt, if that's who you mean.

Funnily enough, last year he was stood up chairing a meeting when his trousers split to reveal his package in front of his underlings. Small fry as a story but a nice comeuppance for such a momentous c0ck.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Agree with that on 21:05 - Feb 15 with 3539 viewsChurchman

Agree with that on 18:54 - Feb 15 by Dyland

People need to stop and think about what they say online. Criticise, aye. Get emotional, course. Do NOT abuse people. Do not post sh1t that you would not say to someone's face. It's a very simple and clear rule that if everyone followed the world would literally be a little bit better.

Same goes for in the stands and fans frothing at players with stuff they would never say up close, and then being even more angry when the players give it back. It's so pathetic. Grow up ffs.

Spot on. I’ve looked at twitter and Facebook and they are not really for me. I also think they’re quite dangerous. I saw a documentary a few months ago about Facebook and how manipulative it can be and how this can be exploited. The owner at the time took no responsibility whatsoever.

I am well over 45 and I do know who Caroline Flack is, not least because she won Strictly a few years ago and has been in the media a fair amount recently. At 40, she was far too young to lose her life.

Suicide is so sad. Er indoors’ cousin who was also a friend of mine took his life some years ago after a family tragedy. I cannot imagine how low you must feel to think that ending it all is the only option left. So little is known about how the mind works which makes care when using social media and where necessary more control of it all the more important in my view.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 22:09]
RIP Caroline Flack on 21:08 - Feb 15 with 3528 viewsElderGrizzly

RIP Caroline Flack on 21:03 - Feb 15 by footers

Dan Wootton is a terrible cnt, if that's who you mean.

Funnily enough, last year he was stood up chairing a meeting when his trousers split to reveal his package in front of his underlings. Small fry as a story but a nice comeuppance for such a momentous c0ck.

Yep, that’s him

RIP Caroline Flack on 21:30 - Feb 15 with 3463 viewsm14_blue

What point do you think you’re making here?
RIP Caroline Flack on 21:37 - Feb 15 with 3422 viewsbilllm

So sad, over a tiff,and a prosecution, xx
RIP Caroline Flack on 21:39 - Feb 15 with 3412 viewsSwailsey

RIP Caroline Flack on 21:37 - Feb 15 by billlm

So sad, over a tiff,and a prosecution, xx

I imagine there were a lot more to it than that, but I completely get the sentiment.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

RIP Caroline Flack on 21:59 - Feb 15 with 3343 viewsThe_Major

Frankly, even if tonight's dreadful dreadful news hadn't happened, if you still insist on buying or reading certain publications or watch TV shows presented by certain individuals when it has been proven time and again how downright amoral, wicked and evil they are, then you are part of the problem.

Also, if you're one of those who think that mental health is just something that's overblown, or that people should just get on with it and stop whinging, or men who suffer from it should just man up, then I'm afraid you're a pretty contemptible human being.

If you need to talk, do so.
RIP Caroline Flack on 22:00 - Feb 15 with 3344 viewsMelford

I was on the S*n and Mirror websites a lot over January during the transfer window and it did seem like it was nearly every day there was a Caroline Flack story on there, they really did go after her. It must have been really hard being the centre of that, her career hanging in the balance, legally can't have anything to do with her partner and the threat of a criminal conviction hanging over her. Makes me sick going on those websites now after seeing this and seeing all the crocodile tears articles on there about how great she was and how this should never have happened.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

RIP Caroline Flack on 22:32 - Feb 15 with 3254 viewsWD19

I appreciate this might not be the best time or place for this discussion, but I find the bail conditions she was under weird.

She wasn’t allowed to contact her boyfriend even though they ‘remained a couple’ and he stood up for her in court. How does that work!?

I get that the law is there to protect vulnerable ppl and we shouldn’t be sexist about that....but I still find it a bit odd.
RIP Caroline Flack on 22:45 - Feb 15 with 3225 viewsSonOfSpock

Am sorry for her family and friends.

In fairness, she's done something that some of us have been wanting to do for 20 years but havnt the kahoonas. Swings and roundabouts.
RIP Caroline Flack on 22:47 - Feb 15 with 3214 viewsmrshallisfit

Lava or miners?
RIP Caroline Flack on 22:51 - Feb 15 with 3195 viewsWD19

RIP Caroline Flack on 22:45 - Feb 15 by SonOfSpock

Am sorry for her family and friends.

In fairness, she's done something that some of us have been wanting to do for 20 years but havnt the kahoonas. Swings and roundabouts.

Gone on Strictly!?
RIP Caroline Flack on 22:58 - Feb 15 with 3167 viewsMelford

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:28 - Feb 15 by jeera

I watched the doc about the chap discovered in Barrymore's pool a few days ago.

I didn't catch the name but some NOTW reporter didn't even try to hide his glee at how he and others lept all over the story at the time.

No hint of remorse at harassing the grieving family, no regrets about exaggerating events when they didn't have enough to go on etc.

If you've seen it you'll know what I mean. It's impossible to watch without wanting to smack the scumbag through the screen.

I watched that the other night, that NOTW hack really wound me right up, such a cynical snidey bastard. When I heard of this happening today, I thought of slimey little c*nt, no shame in ruining peoples lives for newspaper sales. She's had that for the last couple of months, following her round wherever she goes.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

RIP Caroline Flack on 01:07 - Feb 16 with 3059 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

RIP Caroline Flack on 22:32 - Feb 15 by WD19

I appreciate this might not be the best time or place for this discussion, but I find the bail conditions she was under weird.

She wasn’t allowed to contact her boyfriend even though they ‘remained a couple’ and he stood up for her in court. How does that work!?

I get that the law is there to protect vulnerable ppl and we shouldn’t be sexist about that....but I still find it a bit odd.

Didn’t the court intervene for his benefit fearing he was potentially the victim of abuse and therefore unable to make a sound decision because of this?

I think after the attack he claimed she hadn’t done anything and he didn’t want to press charges when from the 999 call it was apparently obvious what had happened and so refused to believe his then story?

I guess in certain cases like that they can fear the victim is being controlled by the other party.

That’s vaguely what I recall so I guess the courts have to protect you if you were clearly assaulted by then later say you weren’t.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024