Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? 09:53 - Mar 19 with 11545 viewsSwailsey

In terms of food etc.

A month? 2 months?

Hard to balance feeling like I need to be prepared and not wanting to take on unnecessary hoards at the detriment of others.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:07 - Mar 19 with 2548 viewsPinewoodblue

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 13:27 - Mar 19 by jeera

If you've got any sense you'll stick an online order in now.

You probably won't get a slot for a month but when it does arrive you might be glad you did it.

If things change then you can cancel.

I'd suggest anyone in the considered vulnerable group does so to be honest, and if you tell them then they're more likely to honour the booking and may even offer something sooner.

We have a weekly delivery order a random item to secure your spot then complete it later.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:21 - Mar 19 with 2527 viewsRyorry

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 13:42 - Mar 19 by Vaughan8

Agreed. Unfortunately there is a lot of stupid and selfish people.

I can't honestly believe people would normally have a months worth of food in their house but maybe they have a large house/storage.

I would hope the things I have could last 1.5-2 weeks at a stretch bar milk/bread etc.

When you live 12 miles from the nearest supermarket, you limit your trips in both to save fuel and to reduce carbon footprint. I usually do 2 x fortnightly trips/month.

Nearest shop of any kind is in village 3 miles away & has v. limited range.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:23 - Mar 19 with 2524 viewsjeera

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:21 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

When you live 12 miles from the nearest supermarket, you limit your trips in both to save fuel and to reduce carbon footprint. I usually do 2 x fortnightly trips/month.

Nearest shop of any kind is in village 3 miles away & has v. limited range.

I'm irritated by this:

"Booking it in a month and cancelling it if not needed isn't great advice really. You're still blocking other people from getting those slots. It is just causing more problems down the line. we all need to be sensible."

Like I'd suggest that for everyone.

The 'vulnerable' Vaughan if you get to see this. People in need.

That's the whole point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:35 - Mar 19 with 2524 viewsPhilTWTD

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:01 - Mar 19 by NewcyBlue

We have 5 cats and 5 rabbits. We'll eat the rabbits first. One is massive so will provide a good couple of days worth of food.

I've not told MrsN my plan yet. Wish me luck.

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:40 - Mar 19 with 2508 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably about 2 weeks, maybe 2 1/2 although not sure by the end the meals would be particularly coherent

Plus I’d still need to grab bread/milk etc (never did get weirdos that freeze bread...)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:43 - Mar 19 with 2511 viewsBrixtonBlue

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 12:35 - Mar 19 by ElderGrizzly

They have been in some cases countering their own advice, plus the Language used by Johnson in particular has also been rightly criticised.

Information yes, but there is too much and too often requires a level of understanding that is beyond 90% of the population.

Mis-understanding advice fuels even more panic and the circle is complete.

Disagree. The language has been pretty standard from what I've heard. "requires a level of understanding that is beyond 90% of the population." What?! Have you got any examples of such language? The population must be proper thick if they can't understand the language of Boris!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:46 - Mar 19 with 2501 viewsRyorry

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:35 - Mar 19 by PhilTWTD

FAO Newcy, travelling south tomoz ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 15:00 - Mar 19 with 2492 viewsChateauWines

made a load of homemade lasagne, shepherds pie, curry and chilli last week and froze. Much to other halfs amusement calculated we have 94 servings. my only real worry is milk

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Login to get fewer ads

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 15:02 - Mar 19 with 2490 viewsgainsboroughblue

This is where batch cooking and loads of Tupperware boxes come into play. Popped out this morning and got two packs of mince, a bag of onions and will use beans etc in the cupboard to make a weeks worth of chilli.

Got loads of porridge oats I can use for breakfast and as I'm working largely from home and not building up too much of an appetite, am tending to forego lunch.

I must admit I do now wish i got some snacks to reach for during the inevitable boredom.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 15:05 - Mar 19 with 2487 viewsBrixtonBlue

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:40 - Mar 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably about 2 weeks, maybe 2 1/2 although not sure by the end the meals would be particularly coherent

Plus I’d still need to grab bread/milk etc (never did get weirdos that freeze bread...)

If you love toast, as I do, there's nothing wrong with freezing bread. Straight out of the freezer and into the toaster.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 15:07 - Mar 19 with 2482 viewsgainsboroughblue

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 15:00 - Mar 19 by ChateauWines

made a load of homemade lasagne, shepherds pie, curry and chilli last week and froze. Much to other halfs amusement calculated we have 94 servings. my only real worry is milk

Flipping heck. How big is your freezer?!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 15:29 - Mar 19 with 2475 viewsStokieBlue

Statement from number 10 on freedom of movement in London in event of a lockdown:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/19/zero-prospect-of-london-lockdown-i

Whether that stays true we will see.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:25 - Mar 19 with 2395 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 15:05 - Mar 19 by BrixtonBlue

If you love toast, as I do, there's nothing wrong with freezing bread. Straight out of the freezer and into the toaster.

See, this is why we disagree often

Because you’re an absolute wrong’un

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:49 - Mar 19 with 2381 viewssparks

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 10:05 - Mar 19 by Guthrum

They will introduce formal rationing if this continues*. Plus in lockdown, the panic-buyers will not be able to get to the shops.

* At some point they're going to run out of money to panic buy with, plus space to put the stuff.

For what its worth I have cash and space!

All your toilet rolls are belong to us.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:53 - Mar 19 with 2374 viewsPecker

Probably a month or so. Think that will be enough.
Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:54 - Mar 19 with 2368 viewsfooters

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 14:35 - Mar 19 by PhilTWTD

Is that sign from Michael Moore's Roger and Me? Looks awfully familiar.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 22:58 - Mar 19 with 2325 viewsHerbivore

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:53 - Mar 19 by Pecker

Probably a month or so. Think that will be enough.

If people weren't stockpiling a month's worth of food then everybody could just get whatever food they want whenever they need it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 23:00 - Mar 19 with 2323 viewsfooters

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:54 - Mar 19 by footers

Is that sign from Michael Moore's Roger and Me? Looks awfully familiar.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 23:06 - Mar 19 with 2308 viewsDoctor_Earman

Has everyone turned in to a doomsday prepper?
Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 23:12 - Mar 19 with 2297 viewsjaykay

its easy, there has been 4 wood pigeons who have always had a good living feeding on my garden produce for the last 2 years, so if things get bad they're in the pot

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 23:29 - Mar 19 with 2290 viewstextbackup

ive got a german shepherd, wife and 2 kids..... so in all honesty I reckon if i'm sensible, and only eat when really hungry, they'll last me 4/5 months....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 09:18 - Mar 20 with 2217 viewsBrixtonBlue

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:25 - Mar 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You're inexperienced in the ways of the world. It's fine. You'll learn one day.

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 09:27 - Mar 20 with 2215 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Should be ok for a couple of weeks or 3.

Mostly because the freezer is full of stuff that has been there ages anyway, so will be using that.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 13:26 - Mar 20 with 2190 viewsjeera

Say there was lockdown today, how are you set? on 19:25 - Mar 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Uncomfortable though it makes me, I have to say this is my standard approach too.

Mainly because if I didn't unused bread would be stale by the end of the week, but also apparently toasting from frozen affects the glycaemic response or something; so is better for you.

I am referring to sliced stuff and not the lovely freshly made loaves I sometimes get from the bakery which I tend to scoff that very day because I can't help it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/1602746

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17426743

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024