Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. 15:21 - Apr 12 with 6003 viewsMercian

Next to my house someone owns a lockup where he sells and repairs old cars for stock car racing. Today, him, 3 mates and 3 vehicles decided it was a good day to open up , sell and move old bangers claiming the motor trade was essential. I hate to play them and us but they all came in from Nottingham and our village is secluded and does not have much contact with the outside world in ordinary circumstances. On confronting them I was told where to go and threatened with physical violence. It is now in the hands of the police.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:50 - Apr 12 with 1388 viewsNewcyBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:29 - Apr 12 by Ewan_Oozami

Ooh, I like fluid dynamics! Have you got a link?

Next time I get caught having a five finger shuffle and the Mrs asks “what are you looking at?” I’ll tell her “fluid dynamics”.

Cheers for that excuse.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 19:02 - Apr 12 with 1377 viewsEwan_Oozami

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:50 - Apr 12 by NewcyBlue

Next time I get caught having a five finger shuffle and the Mrs asks “what are you looking at?” I’ll tell her “fluid dynamics”.

Cheers for that excuse.

Add this to your Boss Button:

https://community.dur.ac.uk/suzanne.fielding/teaching/BLT/sec1.pdf

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 20:11 - Apr 12 with 1334 viewsTangledupin_Blue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:17 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

If you are aware that 2m isnt a safe distance for social distancing, you really should be passing on your expert knowledge to the WHO. Be sure to include any evidence.

There is some disagreement among experts as to whether 2m social distancing is sufficient. Some experts seem to be saying 1m-2m...
https://www.health24.com/Medical/Infectious-diseases/Coronavirus/why-physical-di

I'm clearly not an expert but I should think that if you are outside and there is a breeze the droplets are likely to travel further with the breeze than against it. Perhaps in a strong breeze 2m becomes 5m? While I am out and about I am keeping as far from people as circumstances will allow - literally giving everyone a wide berth.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 20:46 - Apr 12 with 1298 viewsJ2BLUE

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 16:56 - Apr 12 by sparks

Nothing wrong with gallows / irreverent humour- if that is what it is.

Nah he's genuinely that thick. Keeps acting like it's a world cup. The other day he was getting excited that we might catch up with Germany based on confirmed cases.

Just a total muppet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 20:49 - Apr 12 with 1292 viewsAce_High1

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 20:46 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Nah he's genuinely that thick. Keeps acting like it's a world cup. The other day he was getting excited that we might catch up with Germany based on confirmed cases.

Just a total muppet.

Wow that did make me laugh but in a "I can't believe some people are such numpties" kinda way.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 21:03 - Apr 12 with 1271 viewsGeoffSentence

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:10 - Apr 12 by Dubtractor

On this note, huge shoutout to the Ipswich (and Kesgrave) massive today.

I went for a bike ride out to Kesgrave and back into town this morning and saw, at most, about 15 cars on the road.

Most people are very much doing the right thing.

Forgive the half-remembered hazy details, but I had the radio on as I was dozing in bed at some point over theweekend and R4 had one of the science boffins on talking about the statistical modelling for lockdown. The long and short of it was that when modelling people's response to lockdown they actually under-estimated how well observed it would be.

There are obviously some people flouting the rules but The Man says that in general people have behaved better than expected.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 22:10 - Apr 12 with 1232 viewscressi

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 15:25 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

It’s time to give people one last warning then, drone strikes for people who can’t follow the rules

Get the stocks out on the market hill strip them naked and humiliate them.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 01:38 - Apr 13 with 1182 viewsBugs

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 17:07 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

Some more morons:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52261055

They need to up the fines to something that might actually matter. Grand a person for first offence or something and upwards from there. People will get the message.

SB

I think a minimum of £750 or 10% of your annual income, which ever is higher. Or something like that. Fines that target a % of income make people take notice.
Login to get fewer ads

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 07:28 - Apr 13 with 1131 viewsjeera

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 22:10 - Apr 12 by cressi

Get the stocks out on the market hill strip them naked and humiliate them.

And tar and feather them?

Although feathers would be hard to come by nowadays in the sufficient quantity. Most pillows are foam now aren't they.

And then where would you find tar? It would have to be glue. I think I have a Pritt stick somewhere.

We could stick some lumps of foam to them. That'll teach them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 10:13 - Apr 13 with 1078 viewsRadlett_blue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:01 - Apr 12 by StokieBlue

Agreed - as I said about, they wouldn't do it if the fine was 1000 pounds.

SB

The reality is that most people are respecting the guidelines. While extreme cases, such as people holding parties, is exceptionally stupid & inconsiderate, as long as the majority abide by the guidelines, the spread of the virus will be controlled, which is all that can be expected.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 10:19 - Apr 13 with 1076 viewsitfcjoe

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:21 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

Clearly anyone coughing and sneezing, who is outside, is a complete ahole. Think the police have the powers of arrest in that scenario, rightly so to.

Not really fair when hayfever season is kicking in big time!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 10:52 - Apr 13 with 1049 viewsBrixtonBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:21 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

Clearly anyone coughing and sneezing, who is outside, is a complete ahole. Think the police have the powers of arrest in that scenario, rightly so to.

I had a bit of a cough in Sainsburys after running up a very steep hill (combining exercise with shopping for essentials). Does that make me a complete ahole?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:09 - Apr 13 with 1028 viewsMercian

The police have just got back in touch with me, told me that the people's business was essential, warned me that If i interfere again I would be arrested and if I called the police again on this matter i would be arrested for waiting police time. A typical case of victim blaming. Suddenly I am less compliant.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:10]
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:10 - Apr 13 with 1021 viewssparks

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:09 - Apr 13 by Mercian

The police have just got back in touch with me, told me that the people's business was essential, warned me that If i interfere again I would be arrested and if I called the police again on this matter i would be arrested for waiting police time. A typical case of victim blaming. Suddenly I am less compliant.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:10]

Then they would appear to be wrong- especially if threats were made.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:11 - Apr 13 with 1017 viewslongtimefan

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 10:19 - Apr 13 by itfcjoe

Not really fair when hayfever season is kicking in big time!

I’ve had a cough and tightness in my chest for nearly a month now. I’m assuming this is allergy based as no one I live with has been similarly affected. I do often suffer from hay fever in the form of sneezing and very sore eyes but no5 had these symptoms before. I’ve been working from home all this time so maybe it’s a result of being out of the office environment which is air conditioned. I’ve observed over many years that an air conditioned environment eases my hay fever symptoms.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:12 - Apr 13 with 1015 viewsRadlett_blue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:10 - Apr 13 by sparks

Although that will just be one person's word against a few others so hard for the police to take action, however right the complainant is.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:13]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:12 - Apr 13 with 1014 viewsLeaky

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 18:17 - Apr 12 by bluelagos

If you are aware that 2m isnt a safe distance for social distancing, you really should be passing on your expert knowledge to the WHO. Be sure to include any evidence.

Just seen an interview on the BBC the "expert" quoted that 2m is the safest practicable distance. The safest distance was about 8m.
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:17 - Apr 13 with 1005 viewsMercian

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:10 - Apr 13 by sparks

I told him (the policeman) that I had a video of the person driving his car into me, albeit slowly, the drivers response was I was trespassing on his land and he wanted to get off. I was not on his land but on the pavement. To Derbyshire police it seems not trespassing is more serious than deliberately driving a 2 tonne vehicle into someone.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:18]
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:20 - Apr 13 with 992 viewsRyorry

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:17 - Apr 13 by Mercian

I told him (the policeman) that I had a video of the person driving his car into me, albeit slowly, the drivers response was I was trespassing on his land and he wanted to get off. I was not on his land but on the pavement. To Derbyshire police it seems not trespassing is more serious than deliberately driving a 2 tonne vehicle into someone.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:18]

In normal circumstances I'd make a complaint (your local plods' approach to this seems shocking to me) - but atm ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:27 - Apr 13 with 980 viewssparks

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:20 - Apr 13 by Ryorry

In normal circumstances I'd make a complaint (your local plods' approach to this seems shocking to me) - but atm ...

I echo your sentiments.

Trespass is not, of course, a criminal issue.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:30 - Apr 13 with 976 viewsBrixtonBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:20 - Apr 13 by Ryorry

To be fair we're only hearing Mercian's side of the story. They might be a legitimate car mechanic business providing an essential service to motorists... particularly as Mercian says himself it's a secluded village.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:33 - Apr 13 with 969 viewsMercian

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:30 - Apr 13 by BrixtonBlue

To be fair we're only hearing Mercian's side of the story. They might be a legitimate car mechanic business providing an essential service to motorists... particularly as Mercian says himself it's a secluded village.

He repairs and sells old bangers used for stock car racing. Stock car racing is not allowed right now so how on earth is that essential?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:34]
People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:34 - Apr 13 with 963 viewsRyorry

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:30 - Apr 13 by BrixtonBlue

And somebody being rammed ("albeit slowly") by a 2-ton vehicle is acceptable behaviour?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:48 - Apr 13 with 941 viewsBrixtonBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:34 - Apr 13 by Ryorry

And somebody being rammed ("albeit slowly") by a 2-ton vehicle is acceptable behaviour?!

Of course not, where have I said that?

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:50 - Apr 13 with 933 viewsBrixtonBlue

People flaunting the rules, knowing fine well they are doing but not caring. on 11:33 - Apr 13 by Mercian

He repairs and sells old bangers used for stock car racing. Stock car racing is not allowed right now so how on earth is that essential?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 11:34]

So you say. So why are the police allowing him to continue to trade?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024