Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47349 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 13:38 - Apr 22 with 6091 viewsDubtractor

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 13:20 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

SB

That's exactly the image I had in mind when I posted it!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 6071 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:28 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Thanks everybody, that's very nice of all of you and very much appreciated. Like most media we're struggling a bit as ad rates are very low at the moment and we're covering our costs and not too much more as things are at present. We've put Gav on furlough which is why he's not been about so address any queries to me and I'll try to sort them, although probably not with the usual speed or efficiency.

I do think the community aspect of this site has been one of its strengths in a way we certainly didn't plan back when it started in the mid-nineties, beyond the football and Town-related stuff, things like the coronavirus crisis help thread, people talking about mental health issues etc, which have been far more down to posters than ourselves. It is quite humbling that it's become such a part of people's lives for so many years.

Again, many thanks for thinking of us, it is very flattering and appreciated by us both.

Phil

This post has been edited by an administrator

One concern... if Gav's been furloughed, does that mean you're doing the technical stuff like administering the subscriptions?

Remember what happened last time Gav let you press some of the techy buttons?

I'm not saying this won't go well, of course...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:50 - Apr 22 with 6008 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:07 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

So I'm not really too bothered, but having made my subscription payment, how do I get the no advert privileges?

Also, I assume to renew the subscription in 12 months will need me to remember?

Cheers, I'll sort that for you. Hope all's good with you.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:51 - Apr 22 with 6008 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:46 - Apr 22 by SomethingBlue

Great work all. Think it's nearly 24 years I've posted on here now & it's one of life's reliable cornerstones as much as a first-rate news source; can't take that for granted and have put something in.

Many thanks, very much appreciated on all points.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:52 - Apr 22 with 6005 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:34 - Apr 22 by Ewan_Oozami

(created while on a very boring conference call)

Ha!
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:52 - Apr 22 with 6004 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:12 - Apr 22 by Plums

Brilliant idea, this ‘place’ has been part of my life for 20+ years. Happy to help.
Well done all concerned and thanks to Phil and Gav.

Cheers.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:53 - Apr 22 with 6004 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:11 - Apr 22 by Swailsey

What an amazing idea, great job everyone involved.

Subscribing is the least I can do after years of attention seeking on here.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 7:20]

Many thanks.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:47 - Apr 22 with 5942 viewsGeoffSentence

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:53 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

Many thanks.

apart from ads, do subscribers get any other advantages?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:49 - Apr 22 with 5922 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:47 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

They get to ask the odd daft question.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:54 - Apr 22 with 5916 viewsDubtractor

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:50 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

Cheers, I'll sort that for you. Hope all's good with you.

All good here cheers Phil, hope you're OK too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:54 - Apr 22 with 5916 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:47 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

I'm ashamed of all you going ad free. They are harmless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:59 - Apr 22 with 5912 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:54 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

I've kept the ads myself tbh.

I don't get any bother though because I tend to use the laptop on here, but maybe it's different for people on phones.

They may be more intrusive.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:09 - Apr 22 with 5904 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:59 - Apr 22 by jeera

I've kept the ads myself tbh.

I don't get any bother though because I tend to use the laptop on here, but maybe it's different for people on phones.

They may be more intrusive.

I come in here on both my laptop and phone and I don’t think I’m any more intrusive whichever device I use to come in...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:12 - Apr 22 with 5898 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:09 - Apr 22 by hoppy

I come in here on both my laptop and phone and I don’t think I’m any more intrusive whichever device I use to come in...

Edit:

Ignore that. Didn't read your post properly!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 20:13]

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:18 - Apr 22 with 5891 viewsblueislander

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:12 - Apr 22 by jeera

Edit:

Ignore that. Didn't read your post properly!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 20:13]

There is so much wrong with your post Hoppy.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:25 - Apr 22 with 5883 viewsDubtractor

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:54 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

I don't that much about being advertised to, what genuinely grinds my gears is those adverts that expand just as you're about to click on a forum link and mean you click on something else instead. This is much worse on the phone than laptop.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:52 - Apr 22 with 5861 viewssyntaxerror

Done, many thanks to Phil and Gav.
Surprised no one has asked the burning question whether MarkTWTD is furloughed or is eating all Gav's hobnobs and driving his Audi.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:26 - Apr 22 with 5822 viewsBluefish

Unsurprisingly enough my ads are still there

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:30 - Apr 22 with 5827 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:52 - Apr 22 by syntaxerror

Done, many thanks to Phil and Gav.
Surprised no one has asked the burning question whether MarkTWTD is furloughed or is eating all Gav's hobnobs and driving his Audi.

Many thanks. Mark is a freelancer who helps with techie stuff, he's still around. No idea on his Hobnob consumption.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:30 - Apr 22 with 5818 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 13:58 - Apr 22 by hoppy

One concern... if Gav's been furloughed, does that mean you're doing the technical stuff like administering the subscriptions?

Remember what happened last time Gav let you press some of the techy buttons?

I'm not saying this won't go well, of course...

It's going OK so far, only the two fires.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:39 - Apr 22 with 5811 viewsRyorry

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:30 - Apr 22 by PhilTWTD

Many thanks. Mark is a freelancer who helps with techie stuff, he's still around. No idea on his Hobnob consumption.

Surely there's someone on here who could sell you an unbreakable padlock for your hoard of Hobnobs cupboard at a reasonable price, say £15.99? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 00:06 - Apr 23 with 5784 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:22 - Apr 21 by GavTWTD

I can only reiterate what Phil has said really, but thanks everyone. It's remarkable that people are sending us their hard-earned and it's appreciated.

Keep safe everyone and good health.

You all mocked but I forgive him and he returns.

Clearly not a coincidence

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:14 - Apr 23 with 5715 viewsDanTheMan

Subscribed.

That server hamster fuel does not come cheap.

Also if any technical help is needed, let me know.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 7:15]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:34 - Apr 23 with 5705 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:14 - Apr 23 by DanTheMan

Subscribed.

That server hamster fuel does not come cheap.

Also if any technical help is needed, let me know.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 7:15]

You're only offering so that you can change your username to DanTWTD, aren't you?

Meanwhile we wait with bated breath for the appearance of KeironTWTD.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:38 - Apr 23 with 5704 viewsPJH

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:34 - Apr 23 by WeWereZombies

You're only offering so that you can change your username to DanTWTD, aren't you?

Meanwhile we wait with bated breath for the appearance of KeironTWTD.

Now that he runs the show I think it will probably be TWTDKieron.

I see that you use the Skye spelling of his name.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024