Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic 20:43 - May 3 with 2610 viewsgtsb1966

I know everyone laughs about it but has anyone took a step back and had a look at their intake . I've actually put on half a stone in four weeks and my alcohol (wine) intake is horrendous. My shopping bill has nearly doubled in a month mainly due to red wine. Time to knock it on the head for a while. I was shocked when I looked at the empties I need to take to the bottle bank.
Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 20:47 - May 3 with 2086 viewsvapour_trail

I’ve lost weight.

I spent far too much money at Pret and that has made a difference. No lattes. I definitely drink more than is good for you generally but have got into a rythmn of mon to weds or thurs dry and previously would be having a night on the lash with a mate in one of them.

Also not eating between meals at all bar the odd apple or banana.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 20:55 - May 3 with 2058 viewsJ2BLUE

I've lost weight.

I live about 100m from a shop which is all too easy to walk to and return with a bag of junk. I haven't been once since the lockdown and rely on a couple of deliveries a month. No junk in = weight loss.

Also drinking way less fizzy. I was drinking about 2L of Pepsi Max a day. Now i've finally started using my Brita fill and go. Now drinking water and tea with the odd can of diet fizzy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 20:58 - May 3 with 2051 viewsLord_Lucan

I reckon I've put on nearly a stone but I don't know why.

The only change in circumstances is that I'm not walking to the pub.

Eating far too many takeaways though, probably four a week.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:02 - May 3 with 2042 viewssparks

Ive blown 18 months worth of Manvfat weight loss. And its gutting.

Thoguh also connected with having a knackered ankle and not having played since late January anyway.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:03 - May 3 with 2031 viewsgtsb1966

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 20:58 - May 3 by Lord_Lucan

I reckon I've put on nearly a stone but I don't know why.

The only change in circumstances is that I'm not walking to the pub.

Eating far too many takeaways though, probably four a week.

My local Chinese takeaway in Great Cornard is the best Chinese takeaway around here. It is so good but has been closed for weeks. It's reopening Monday week and I'm going to be first in the queue. I've missed that more than the pub!!!
Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:11 - May 3 with 2007 viewsChutney

The first 3 weeks wfh (I've done 5 now) were a mess. Boozing most (every) nights and eating crap. Last 2 weeks I've made a conscious effort to not, and I've been exercising a lot and eating clean. I've now lost weight on balance, and intend to come out of lock down in better shape than I went into it.

For me it's about removing temptation. Last 2 weeks I've added nothing to my shop that could tempt me, and bought in no alcohol at all, so I've had no choice but to eat clean.
Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:14 - May 3 with 1995 viewsvapour_trail

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 20:55 - May 3 by J2BLUE

I've lost weight.

I live about 100m from a shop which is all too easy to walk to and return with a bag of junk. I haven't been once since the lockdown and rely on a couple of deliveries a month. No junk in = weight loss.

Also drinking way less fizzy. I was drinking about 2L of Pepsi Max a day. Now i've finally started using my Brita fill and go. Now drinking water and tea with the odd can of diet fizzy.

Two litres a day?

Fck me, your insides must be a right state.

We tend to go to sains or waitrose every other day. The discipline of shopping once a week has worked well. Still unsure if it is saving me money. Did over three hundred quid on thurs, but did replenish the drinks cabinet.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:19 - May 3 with 1977 viewsjeera

Your op sums up my approach so far.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:19 - May 3 with 1977 viewsLord_Lucan

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:03 - May 3 by gtsb1966

My local Chinese takeaway in Great Cornard is the best Chinese takeaway around here. It is so good but has been closed for weeks. It's reopening Monday week and I'm going to be first in the queue. I've missed that more than the pub!!!

I had a Chinese tonight from China City.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:23 - May 3 with 1966 viewsPlums

I’ve lost weight and exercised more because I’m at home and have the time to get out and about. Until tonight that was - just had a tapas evening finished off with churros and Curly Wurly sauce so it’s back on the wagon tomorrow.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:26 - May 3 with 1957 viewsgainsboroughblue

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:19 - May 3 by Lord_Lucan

I had a Chinese tonight from China City.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

That's the nearest decent one to me. Haven't had a takeaway since this all kicked off but I'm grabbing more than I need when I shop, which is a habit I need to break.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:39 - May 3 with 1925 viewsFixed_It

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:02 - May 3 by sparks

Ive blown 18 months worth of Manvfat weight loss. And its gutting.

Thoguh also connected with having a knackered ankle and not having played since late January anyway.

'Gutting'! I got the joke.

Oh ..... you weren't joking, were you?
[Post edited 3 May 2020 21:40]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 22:26 - May 3 with 1842 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Drinking more, exercising more (mostly cycling with junior), weight unchanged ....win/win.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 22:27 - May 3 with 1844 viewsGuthrum

I have 54 pints of beer in my cellar (plus a couple in the fridge). Just getting started.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 22:32 - May 3 with 1833 viewsBasingstokeBlue

No alcohol since the night they closed the pubs. But eating more than before, I think.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 22:33 - May 3 with 1833 viewsN2_Blue

I'm probably drinking slightly more.
However I am running or exercising almost everyday in the time i usually lose each day to commuting and have subsequently lost a stone in 6 weeks and feel superb.

Normally we have two take-aways a week but have had none since the lockdown as we have the time to cook.

In general the most positive think about the pandemic for me has been how much exercise i'm doing and how much healthier i'm eating.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 22:50 - May 3 with 1804 viewsJ2BLUE

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 21:14 - May 3 by vapour_trail

Two litres a day?

Fck me, your insides must be a right state.

We tend to go to sains or waitrose every other day. The discipline of shopping once a week has worked well. Still unsure if it is saving me money. Did over three hundred quid on thurs, but did replenish the drinks cabinet.

Believe it or not that was actually a major cut back from a couple of years ago. I was drinking 3-4 L a day on a day off. I don't say that with any pride. It's ridiculous for body and wallet.

There's a regular poster on here who I won't name who made me feel better by posting about his 5L a day Coke Zero habit.

I feel much better on the water though. I still like the fizzy but tea and water are my drinks now. I have an opened can of Dr Pepper Zero sitting next to me. It's been there hours. In that time in the past I would have had that and 4-5 others. I was worse with cans than with bottles for some reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 07:51 - May 4 with 1643 viewsGuthrum

Judging by the number of people wheezing along pavements and wobbling down the road on bikes which have not previously turned a wheel in several years, I'd have thought the compulsory hour of excercise should increase the nation's overall level of fitness. Or, at leat, counteract the eating and drinking.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 07:56 - May 4 with 1638 viewsKieran_Knows

The same as a couple of others, the first 4 weeks or so i was eating and drinking way more than I should’ve been. I lost 3 stone in weight about 3 years ago (mainly through playing squash) and got down to a weight which I was comfortable with. Since then, I’ve kind of eaten and drank what I want, but playing squash once/twice a week for a couple of hours a time was enough to keep the weight off me. I’ve really struggled since the sports centre has shut, as squash has been great for me.

The last couple of weeks though I’ve made a real effort to go back to my normal eating habits (Monday-Friday eating well and not drinking), then letting myself go on Saturday and Sunday, added in with running as soon as I get up each morning. It’s only a small route around my way (2.7km), buh have managed to knock 2 minutes off from when I first started and hopefully I can attempt a 5k this weekend!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 08:01 - May 4 with 1630 viewsSaleAway

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 22:33 - May 3 by N2_Blue

I'm probably drinking slightly more.
However I am running or exercising almost everyday in the time i usually lose each day to commuting and have subsequently lost a stone in 6 weeks and feel superb.

Normally we have two take-aways a week but have had none since the lockdown as we have the time to cook.

In general the most positive think about the pandemic for me has been how much exercise i'm doing and how much healthier i'm eating.

This is my situation. I'm not really snacking - eating pretty good meals - nothing pre-processed really.

I've lost about a stone during lockdown - scary what it'd be if I didn't drink!

At least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise every day in April... generally either running or cycling.

the key for me is avoiding the cakes, biscuits and chocolates that are always kicking about int he office. At home, I don't buy them, so its a lot easier.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 09:08 - May 4 with 1580 viewshampstead_blue

Gin/vodka and slimline tonic is a good way to drink on lower calories. That's my choice of weapon.

Non-alcoholic beer is another. I've drank that with normal beer for years now. Makes a huge difference.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 10:49 - May 4 with 1510 viewsLibero

I've lost weight, although I put that down to being very sick and then not doing any exercise and muscle mass dropping off me as a result.

My wife has been commenting that I look "spindly" that combined with shaving my giant beard off means I do look comparatively boyish to pre:lockdown.

I'm certainly drinking a lot more at home though, average 3 bottles of larger a day, occasionally a red wine or if the wife has mixed up something fruity one of those.
I'd have knocked it on the head by now if it'd effected the waistline as I don't tend to drink at home unless it's a special occasion.

Food wise we've cut all our portions to ensure food lasts longer and that there's zero waste. On the whole I haven't felt I've missed out on anything, however I must admit that I somewhat sneered a couple of weeks ago when my spagetti was served up with a meagre 3 meat balls...
Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 10:49 - May 4 with 1510 viewsDebsyAngel

Been trying to keep to my diet, as I am terrified of putting on weight anyway, but although that has been ok, I have to be really strict on my chocolate allowance, as I crave it more and more once I have just a little.

Not a great drinker anyhow, but the nights we would have gone to the pub we are having a can of lager. Just one. Normally it would be 3 pints each so I am definitely drinking less alcohol - not a "home drinker" anyway. I tend to stick to water/coffee/tea/red bull.
Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 11:13 - May 4 with 1485 viewsSteve_M

Not too bad, like others the first week or so were a bit mixed but I've got back into more of routine now.

Alcohol mainly only at weekends, probably more Sundays than usual but I'm probably drinking less over the week as not having a night out or in the week or the football beers is still less than the additional wine at home.

Food probably about the same, not buying lunch most days so probably eating less but I do have the temptation to snack being at home all the time. Fortunately that includes fruit.

Exercise I'm down a bit. Walking loads, especially at weekends but not doing anything of higher intensity with the gym being shut. I need to get running again I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Alcohol and food intake during this pandemic on 11:19 - May 4 with 1483 viewsMullet

Supermarkets are costing me a fortune, all the usual deals are gone and the fancy stuff is being stocked more I reckon. As for booze and that. Had a double Woodfords about once a month/fortnight - just got my first 4 pack of beer in months as I only drink at home when Snr is here and he needs to be kept subdued.

I'd put a bit of a gut on earlier this year due to injuries and stress at work making me snaffle up all the sweets and stuff. Without my usual training I've turned to weights for the first time in ages and got a bit better with diet although my boy has just discovered treats.

Reckon I've upped my strength pretty quickly in four weeks of training, think I'll be competing at much bigger weight categories as I get older and can't make the weight cut any more.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024