Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act 23:25 - Jun 1 with 8297 viewsElderGrizzly

Resulting in Active US troops on the streets of US Cities

His next stage of gun toting dictator is almost complete

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:23 - Jun 2 with 4180 viewsjeera

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:13 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Much like Boris, his advisors are even worse.

This is exactly what he sad he would do. He's been telling people his whole life what kind of animal he is.

For many, this is a feature and not a bug.

The problem is that not everyone seeing this stuff is disgusted by it.

If they were then this would be far simpler.

For every few venting their frustration and anger there's some prick defending it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:31 - Jun 2 with 4158 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:23 - Jun 2 by jeera

For every few venting their frustration and anger there's some prick defending it.

Tell me about it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:34 - Jun 2 with 4154 viewsjeera

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:31 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

Tell me about it.

Sorry, just repeating the obvious.

Where to from here?

At what point does anyone of real authority stand up to the Presidency and be counted?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:39 - Jun 2 with 4146 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:34 - Jun 2 by jeera

Sorry, just repeating the obvious.

Where to from here?

At what point does anyone of real authority stand up to the Presidency and be counted?

Anyone of real authority has been replaced by a puppet or their position sits empty. I guess the very bottom line is the army. Would they be willing to follow orders and use live rounds on US citizens?

People need to vote in November. End this nightmare.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:56 - Jun 2 with 4143 viewsSitfcB

F’king weird bastard.

I bet the secret service and that were really pleased with his idea of a walk!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 02:00 - Jun 2 with 4126 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 00:21 - Jun 2 by monytowbray

I think the main point, although I see what you are saying, is it shouldn’t happen full stop.

This is a very worrying and real situation. No time for pedantics. Other countries will start piling om Trump now.

Other countries will pile on and his supporters will shrug and think 'shïthole countries'. I even saw Germany referred to as a shït hole country the other day ffs. It's madness, they're so far removed from reality.

Meanwhile there's growing evidence that police are deliberately targeting journalists with violence at protests. When that happened in Hong Kong everyone in the Republican party lost their damn minds, but on this occasion not a peep.

https://www.niemanlab.org/2020/06/well-try-to-help-you-follow-the-police-attacks

Even closer to home we have people who seem more concerned about violence against Best Buy or Starbucks than they are about the persistent violence against BAME people or targeted violence against reporters.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 2:14]

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 04:51 - Jun 2 with 4094 viewsRyorry

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 00:50 - Jun 2 by LankHenners

This is the kind of stuff I held back from posting earlier - cops firing tear gas into a group of protesters stuck against a wall and unable to escape.

You can go on Twitter and spend ages finding new videos of incidents of outright violence and brutality by the cops against protesters. Sickening.

Well since he said that people threatening life and property should be dealt with severely by the full force of the law coming down on them, then he and all of those police officers should be prosecuted and locked up!

Obviously he didn't realise the irony of what he was saying - that would have required braincells, thought processes and at least some degree of self-awareness ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 04:54 - Jun 2 with 4089 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 04:51 - Jun 2 by Ryorry

Well since he said that people threatening life and property should be dealt with severely by the full force of the law coming down on them, then he and all of those police officers should be prosecuted and locked up!

Obviously he didn't realise the irony of what he was saying - that would have required braincells, thought processes and at least some degree of self-awareness ...

He had his goons tear gas and use rubber bullets on a peaceful protest in DC tonight just so he could have some phoney photo op in front of a church where he, a sexual predator, a fraudster, a racist, waved a Bible around awkwardly like a teenager trying to undo their first bra.

This is authoritarianism.

November 2020. He needs to go. Vote.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 5:48]

Login to get fewer ads

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 05:36 - Jun 2 with 4080 viewsbrogansnose

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 00:39 - Jun 2 by jeera

I know this has been posted on here today - I can't remember which thread.

But I cannot get my head around this.

They're pacing up a quiet residential street like a bunch of thugs, abusing the residents - it's completely insane.

WTF have I just seen ?

I'm not sure I've got the words for this.
Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 05:49 - Jun 2 with 4067 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 05:36 - Jun 2 by brogansnose

WTF have I just seen ?

I'm not sure I've got the words for this.

It's nothing new. Black people in the states have been facing this kind of police terrorism for as long as they can remember.

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 06:04 - Jun 2 with 4059 viewsbrogansnose

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 05:49 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

It's nothing new. Black people in the states have been facing this kind of police terrorism for as long as they can remember.

I'm struggling to mentally process this. In no way should a force like that be going down what looks like, to me , a suburban street like that. Its absolutely horrifying and where the hell will this all lead ?

And this is America ?
Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 07:21 - Jun 2 with 4019 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:23 - Jun 2 by jeera

Agree. His photo opp was perfectly ‘directed’ and planned almost to perfection.

Tear Gas and rubber bullets fired at peaceful protestors (and the press) and while the tear gas is still dispersing Trump walks (coz he is hard!) to a poor fire damaged church and holds up a bible (upside down)

Appealing immediately to his gun toting base as he dealt with those nasty protestors with force as he had been saying all day. Then holds up a bible for his religious base as he will save the church from the evil Commies.

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 07:28 - Jun 2 with 4011 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 23:31 - Jun 1 by Trequartista

Thing is it sounds bad because it's so unusual for the US. If it was China or Russia or even Turkey it would be unexpected if it didn't happen.

Yes you would expect this from an oppressive government in one of the countries you mentioned. But America is meant to be a bulwark against that. The land of the free.

It’s proving to be anything but.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 07:52 - Jun 2 with 3997 viewsGuthrum

That could be a risky move for him.

Unlike the police, who are (to an extent) protagonists in this crisis, the Army and National Guard are not. They, or individual soldiers, may refuse orders to fire upon unarmed protestors.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 08:35 - Jun 2 with 3962 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

They're pacing up a quiet residential street like a bunch of thugs, abusing the residents - it's completely insane.

If you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 08:50 - Jun 2 with 3945 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 01:56 - Jun 2 by SitfcB

F’king weird bastard.

I bet the secret service and that were really pleased with his idea of a walk!

Welcome to 'The Spectacle.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 08:52 - Jun 2 with 3937 viewsStokieBlue

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 04:54 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

He had his goons tear gas and use rubber bullets on a peaceful protest in DC tonight just so he could have some phoney photo op in front of a church where he, a sexual predator, a fraudster, a racist, waved a Bible around awkwardly like a teenager trying to undo their first bra.

It's getting totally out of control, hard to tell what the next stage will be but surely the career general types aren't going to allow US troops out and about with the chance of using live rounds.

"This is authoritarianism."

This is spot on. It's not specifically fascism as then there would be little hope as he would be all-powerful without any checks and balances or even questioning and unable to be removed. That isn't the case at the moment as your call to the ballot box highlights and we can only hope that the voting goes ahead and people turn up in vast numbers to get rid of him. I do appreciate that distinction isn't important to the people being affected but it offers a glimmer of hope over the alternative.

They way he's going though is it not possible he might be removed under some form of mental health act or would something like that require the same majorities as impeachment?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 09:07 - Jun 2 with 3917 viewsfactual_blue

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 23:59 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

It sounds bad, because it IS bad. Troops on the streets putting down civvies is bad.

#remembertonypandy

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 09:24 - Jun 2 with 3898 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 08:52 - Jun 2 by StokieBlue

It's getting totally out of control, hard to tell what the next stage will be but surely the career general types aren't going to allow US troops out and about with the chance of using live rounds.

"This is authoritarianism."

This is spot on. It's not specifically fascism as then there would be little hope as he would be all-powerful without any checks and balances or even questioning and unable to be removed. That isn't the case at the moment as your call to the ballot box highlights and we can only hope that the voting goes ahead and people turn up in vast numbers to get rid of him. I do appreciate that distinction isn't important to the people being affected but it offers a glimmer of hope over the alternative.

They way he's going though is it not possible he might be removed under some form of mental health act or would something like that require the same majorities as impeachment?

SB

The could invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him, but it would require his own party to support it. So, simply not going to happen.

The religious leaders are also turning their backs on his stunt. Bishop from Washington as an example:

Let me be clear, the President just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese, without permission, as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus,” she told CNN.

“We align ourselves with those seeking justice for the death of George Floyd and countless others. And I just can’t believe what my eyes have seen,” she added.

“I don’t want President Trump speaking for St John’s. We so dissociate ourselves from the messages of this president,” she told the Washington Post. “We hold the teachings of our sacred texts to be so, so grounding to our lives and everything we do, and it is about love of neighbor and sacrificial love and justice.”
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 9:26]
Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 09:53 - Jun 2 with 3876 viewsGeoffSentence

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 23:56 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

Soldiers on streets=bad

Hope that helps.

But, heroes on street = good. Right?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 09:59 - Jun 2 with 3868 viewsTractorWood

Jesus. Amazing to see a country where Covid has had the worst impact yet is not the most prominent issue.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 10:09 - Jun 2 with 3849 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 04:54 - Jun 2 by SpruceMoose

That's about the crux of it. Populism's a powerful drug though. It makes you wonder where this will end if he isn't voted out in November.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 10:11 - Jun 2 with 3846 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 07:52 - Jun 2 by Guthrum

That could be a risky move for him.

Unlike the police, who are (to an extent) protagonists in this crisis, the Army and National Guard are not. They, or individual soldiers, may refuse orders to fire upon unarmed protestors.

If the military refuse to fire on the protesters then surely it would be game over for Trump.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 10:18 - Jun 2 with 3833 viewsPinewoodblue

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 10:11 - Jun 2 by GlasgowBlue

If the military refuse to fire on the protesters then surely it would be game over for Trump.

Or if local law enforcement stand between guardsmen and protesters.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Trump could be about to invoke the Insurrection Act on 10:43 - Jun 2 with 3803 viewssolomon

Donald Trump

Managing to make Richard Nixon look like Abraham Lincoln.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024