Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor show from Ryan Fraser 09:33 - Jun 19 with 11992 viewssparks

A club that backed and developed him- facing a relegation fight, and he doesnt fancy playing.

Wouldn't want him alongside me in the trenches...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:37 - Jun 19 with 5340 viewslowhouseblue

he wouldn't be able to see over the top for a start.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:42 - Jun 19 with 5314 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I guess we don't know the extent to which Bournemouth might have stopped him leaving earlier.

In the unlikely event he got a career ending injury in the next couple of games, he'd be so much worse off financially wouldn't he so you can see it from his perspective.

Not much loyalty on either side in the game nowadays is there.
Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:43 - Jun 19 with 5295 viewssparks

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:42 - Jun 19 by PrideOfTheEast

I guess we don't know the extent to which Bournemouth might have stopped him leaving earlier.

In the unlikely event he got a career ending injury in the next couple of games, he'd be so much worse off financially wouldn't he so you can see it from his perspective.

He has been with the team and playing all season. To duck out with a few to go is pathetic.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:43 - Jun 19 with 5296 viewsKeno

especially as he's only going to Everton

I thought he'd be off to a big club

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:46 - Jun 19 with 5266 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:43 - Jun 19 by sparks

He has been with the team and playing all season. To duck out with a few to go is pathetic.

What, so he should be forced to sign a contract extension which puts a job elsewhere at risk?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:48 - Jun 19 with 5264 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:43 - Jun 19 by sparks

On the face of it yes and to be clear I don't like it.
Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:05 - Jun 19 with 5068 viewstractordownsouth

The "what if i get an injury" argument is b0llocks - he could have got a long term injury at any point this season. He's contracted till 30th June, so should play until then at least.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:08 - Jun 19 with 5046 viewsBloomBlue

Is he joining Town for next season?
Login to get fewer ads

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:09 - Jun 19 with 5046 viewsGeoffSentence

As they shlt-housed their way to the premier league I am entirely happy with this.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:10 - Jun 19 with 5029 viewsLibero

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:09 - Jun 19 by GeoffSentence

As they shlt-housed their way to the premier league I am entirely happy with this.

poor old plucky little Bournemouth.
Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:14 - Jun 19 with 4991 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:05 - Jun 19 by tractordownsouth

The "what if i get an injury" argument is b0llocks - he could have got a long term injury at any point this season. He's contracted till 30th June, so should play until then at least.

It’s Bournemouth that are choosing not to play him, as he won’t extend his contract past then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 13:56 - Jun 19 with 4754 viewsJimmy86

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:10 - Jun 19 by Libero

You mean plucky little Bournemouth, who reached the premier league against all odds, despite being bank rolled by a Russian billionaire

Plucky Bournemouth, with their diving and harassment of referees...

Hate them as much as I do Norwich, still Sky Sports will be able to fawn over Eddie Howe again
Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 13:57 - Jun 19 with 4744 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:10 - Jun 19 by Libero

Arf!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good, hopefully they get relegated..... on 14:02 - Jun 19 with 4720 viewsBloots

….cheats off and on the pitch.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:13 - Jun 19 with 4678 viewsuefacup81

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 09:42 - Jun 19 by PrideOfTheEast

Does the injury argument hold much water?

No doubt he'll be suitable insured should he suddenly find himself unable to work. I seem to recall hearing about a player who received a pay-out following a career-ending injury, and he had to pay it back once he returned to playing. Perhaps my memory is being over-romantic, but I seem to also recall that the fans of the club in question raised money to help him repay the pay-out.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:16 - Jun 19 with 4670 viewsbournemouthblue

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:14 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s Bournemouth that are choosing not to play him, as he won’t extend his contract past then

I bet their fans appreciate that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:17 - Jun 19 with 4659 viewssparks

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 13:56 - Jun 19 by Jimmy86

You mean plucky little Bournemouth, who reached the premier league against all odds, despite being bank rolled by a Russian billionaire

Hate them as much as I do Norwich, still Sky Sports will be able to fawn over Eddie Howe again

Many Town fans want ME or some other owner to bankroll this club to the Prem...

Reality is that they spent beyond their means- but not massively so in the scheme of things. Compare to Wolves for instance.

Eddie Howe is clearly an excellent manager- his record, on what is a modest prem budget, clearly shows that.

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:22 - Jun 19 with 4624 viewsBluefish

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 11:14 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Please don't let facts get in the way

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:24 - Jun 19 with 4627 viewsitfcjoe

It's a very difficult one - hard to blame the player for it even if it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:38 - Jun 19 with 4572 viewsLibero

I'd love them to go down and for Eddie Howe to try and move on again, only to be found out again.
Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 15:09 - Jun 19 with 4473 viewsSuperCoops

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:24 - Jun 19 by itfcjoe

It's a very difficult one - hard to blame the player for it even if it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I can appreciate that. I think Charlton have 2 or 3 players in the same boat (sure other clubs are too), but that doesn't seem to have gained the exposure.

But by being in a position that his contract is about to expire, you would assume his club wouldn't have been using him anyway as he's not committed and/or part of their plans. Can see both sides of the coin, but I can understand.
Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 15:15 - Jun 19 with 4451 viewssparks

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 14:38 - Jun 19 by Libero

I'd love them to go down and for Eddie Howe to try and move on again, only to be found out again.

Why?

Speak to anyone that knows him or has worked with him- he is roundly considered to be a very decent bloke that players will run through walls for.

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 15:19 - Jun 19 with 4435 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 15:15 - Jun 19 by sparks

Why?

Speak to anyone that knows him or has worked with him- he is roundly considered to be a very decent bloke that players will run through walls for.

And the match day experience is so much better now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 15:19 - Jun 19 with 4433 viewsLibero

Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 15:15 - Jun 19 by sparks

Why?

I don't like his Bournemouth team and the narrative around them and him.
I particularly love how it's glossed over that he's already tried to jump ship once to Burnley but wasn't up to scratch.

I imagine over the next 5 years he will have another crack at moving on with similar levels of success. Some managers, much like players, are a very good fit for a particular club at a particular time and that's about it, that's Howe in my opinion.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 15:20]
Poor show from Ryan Fraser on 15:33 - Jun 19 with 4380 viewsmrshallisfit

Since 2008/9 when they nearly went out of business Bournemouth have been brilliantly run. Since 2008/9 we have been run by a bunch of clueless losers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024