Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve had a hell of a week 21:14 - Aug 19 with 6269 viewsNewcyBlue

Rumours were going round the fleet of no crew available for relieving those of us on board, followed by emails surfacing saying those of us on board won’t be relieved until we are over 60 days past our extended service date.

For me that’s 4 months +60 days. Which means I will miss the birth of the twins. It also means I will be lucky to be home in 2020.

It also means our Filipino ratings will be on board for at least 11 months.

Today MrsN went for a scan. Twin 2 hasn’t grown as well as it should have. We are now looking at 2 scans a week to monitor. It could be that T2 is just smaller, there’s a blood restriction, or downs.

It’s all been a bit stressful, I’ve barely slept.

I’ve smashed a gym session tonight. I feel better for it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 08:24 - Aug 20 with 2232 viewsgiant_stow

That all sounds horrible - fingers crossed for you and yours mr

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I’ve had a hell of a week on 08:30 - Aug 20 with 2225 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I’ve had a hell of a week on 08:24 - Aug 20 by giant_stow

That all sounds horrible - fingers crossed for you and yours mr

Now you are just showing off Ullaa!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I’ve had a hell of a week on 09:03 - Aug 20 with 2198 viewsbluelagos

All sounds very stressfull, not least not being there in person to help Mrs N at a difficult time. Do message me if you need a chat/vent.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 2200 viewsDyland

Take care Newcers

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 09:26 - Aug 20 with 2190 viewsPendejo

Good luck with everything!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 09:47 - Aug 20 with 2184 viewsGuthrum

Hope the crew situation is fixed. They've got to do something sensible to sort that if they wish to continue operating an efficient service.

Also that the scan turns out to be an error or nothing significant.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’ve had a hell of a week on 12:34 - Aug 20 with 2162 viewshoppy

All the best with all of that. Keep us updated mate.

Sounds hideous.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I’ve had a hell of a week on 12:57 - Aug 20 with 2156 viewsDarth_Koont

I hope that these will be just fears and you'll get the right sort of confirmation soon.

Hang in there!

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve had a hell of a week on 20:53 - Aug 28 with 2053 viewsNewcyBlue

Just wanted to thank you all for your messages.

MrsN is in twice weekly for scans, with a consultant she knows and trusts (one she’s worked with and obviously trusts his judgement).

He’s not convinced, but is keeping her going rather than saying she needs to have a section sooner rather than later. He’s finding it difficult because the cord for T2 is pulsating quite a lot because they are moving. Besides the short femurs, there are no other classic signs or Down’s syndrome.

They think the placenta is healthy enough, so really it’s just looking like T2 is quite small. Obviously T2 will need to be a certain size on delivery or they will end up in special care baby unit.

So it’s just a waiting game. It’s still looking unlikely that I will be home. That’s something that is out of my control.

Again. Thanks everyone for your support.

I’ve had a hell of a week on 20:58 - Aug 28 with 2038 viewsJ2BLUE

I’ve had a hell of a week on 20:53 - Aug 28 by NewcyBlue

MrsN is in twice weekly for scans, with a consultant she knows and trusts (one she’s worked with and obviously trusts his judgement).

He’s not convinced, but is keeping her going rather than saying she needs to have a section sooner rather than later. He’s finding it difficult because the cord for T2 is pulsating quite a lot because they are moving. Besides the short femurs, there are no other classic signs or Down’s syndrome.

They think the placenta is healthy enough, so really it’s just looking like T2 is quite small. Obviously T2 will need to be a certain size on delivery or they will end up in special care baby unit.

So it’s just a waiting game. It’s still looking unlikely that I will be home. That’s something that is out of my control.

All the best mate. Hope Mrs Newcy and the twins are ok and you're home soon x

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 21:02 - Aug 28 with 2028 viewsjeera

I’ve had a hell of a week on 20:58 - Aug 28 by J2BLUE

All the best mate. Hope Mrs Newcy and the twins are ok and you're home soon x

Just to echo this.

Hope all turns out fine and that you get home too by some fortunate turn of events.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 21:12 - Aug 28 with 2014 viewsBloomBlue

Hope it all works out. I'm no expert on twins but on the only two twin births I have recollection on, on both occasions one was smaller than the other.

Mrs Bloom has also confirmed, trying to quote her word for word here....m.. "remember Sarah at No36 one of her identical twins was a lot smaller then the other had scans every week, twice a week a few times, but things settled down and they were born at 36 weeks 4lb 5oz and 5lb 8oz (I think)'

Note she couldn't remember the precise weight but one twin was definitely over 1lb heavier than the other.
I’ve had a hell of a week on 22:44 - Aug 28 with 1979 viewsHerbivore

Sending love and best wishes to you and the family.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 06:25 - Aug 29 with 1935 viewsacj

Bloody hell mate, keeping everything crossed for you on all counts.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 07:30 - Aug 29 with 1911 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wishing you all the best mate and a big shout out to Mrs Newcy. As a dad of twins I’ve seen how hard carrying two can be.

Our twin girls were had a big difference in weight as one was taking all of the goodness in the womb and like your consultant she advised that Mrs GB go full ter . After the birth it didn’t take long for the wee one to catch up in size.

Once again all the best. You must be desperate to get back mate.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 7:57]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’ve had a hell of a week on 09:03 - Aug 29 with 1880 viewshampstead_blue

You will have life in stereo soon. When Mrs N delivers two healthy baby N's all of this worry will seem a long time hence.

Have you read anything about Marcus Aurelius?
This book helped me this year after a naughty accident.

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/How-to-Think-Like-a-Roman-Emperor-Audiobook/B07F9WK

There are others on the same topic.

Go well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I’ve had a hell of a week on 09:27 - Aug 29 with 1873 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I’ve had a hell of a week on 09:03 - Aug 29 by hampstead_blue

You will have life in stereo soon. When Mrs N delivers two healthy baby N's all of this worry will seem a long time hence.

Have you read anything about Marcus Aurelius?
This book helped me this year after a naughty accident.

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/How-to-Think-Like-a-Roman-Emperor-Audiobook/B07F9WK

There are others on the same topic.

Go well.

You had a "naughty accident"?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised really.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I’ve had a hell of a week on 14:47 - Aug 29 with 1821 viewsbluelagos

Sounds encouraging. Fingers firmly crossed Newcy

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 14:50 - Aug 29 with 1815 viewsnoggin

Man, that is tough. I sincerely hope both the twins are healthy and grow up to be proud of their dad.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 14:54 - Aug 29 with 1810 viewsnoggin

I’ve had a hell of a week on 22:03 - Aug 19 by NewcyBlue

I appreciate the kind words. As does MrsN.

My boat is currently in the High Risk Area for West African pirates.

We are heading for Southern Spain and Morocco.

We have a lot of crew that have been over tour because of COVID who are now just getting relieved and going home. They won’t be coming back any time soon.

There are plenty of crew that can’t get out due to lockdowns.

And then there’s us, on board.

Plenty of countries still aren’t allowing crew changes.

MrsN asked about what she does with Seb meeting the twins, wait until I get home or not. I said he should meet them as soon as she feels up to it. She said she feels bad because, inevitably, I won’t be there.

We have 2 cruise ships moored at the port here, due to the virus. Most of the crew have been on board for over a year now and they're not even allowed to go ashore for a walk. That must be really heavy on their mental health.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I’ve had a hell of a week on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 1757 viewsNewcyBlue

We left Algeciras, Spain, heading down to West Africa. Due to the area we were in we had no internet for about 15 hours. I eventually got internet to find MrsN had a bleed and was being kept in hospital overnight.

It was supposed to be just the one night, but they’ve kept her in for a second night.

I won’t be able to get compassionate relief unless something really bad happens. At the moment my earliest chance of relief is 2nd October, assuming there is someone that can join.

I’ve had a hell of a week on 23:38 - Aug 31 with 1718 viewsCoastalblue

I’ve had a hell of a week on 23:12 - Aug 31 by NewcyBlue

We left Algeciras, Spain, heading down to West Africa. Due to the area we were in we had no internet for about 15 hours. I eventually got internet to find MrsN had a bleed and was being kept in hospital overnight.

It was supposed to be just the one night, but they’ve kept her in for a second night.

I won’t be able to get compassionate relief unless something really bad happens. At the moment my earliest chance of relief is 2nd October, assuming there is someone that can join.

Christ this must be an enormous strain on you, I'm not sure how I'd cope with it at all.

I send you all as much support as I can give, though it's pretty inconsequential in reality, I genuinely hope you get home in time to witness the birth of two bonny babies, and hopefully a lot sooner.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I’ve had a hell of a week on 23:41 - Aug 31 with 1709 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I’ve had a hell of a week on 23:12 - Aug 31 by NewcyBlue

Wow. Thinking of you all. Hope you can be comforted to know she is getting good care. Hope all is well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I’ve had a hell of a week on 00:48 - Sep 1 with 1688 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve had a hell of a week on 23:38 - Aug 31 by Coastalblue

Christ this must be an enormous strain on you, I'm not sure how I'd cope with it at all.

I send you all as much support as I can give, though it's pretty inconsequential in reality, I genuinely hope you get home in time to witness the birth of two bonny babies, and hopefully a lot sooner.

The only thing I can control is how I react.

The rest is out of my control.

We have Pirates to steer clear of for the next few weeks, we have cargo to discharge and load.

I have vowed to leave my problems in my cabin. I can’t be giving people a hard time due to not dealing with my emotions.

I’ve been building the gym equipment that we received, I am trying to get the crew’s karaoke machine working for them. If I can keep improving stuff on board then I can say that my energy has been of a positive use.

I am getting messages from other Brits who are moaning about not having relief. They have been away the same sort of time as me. I must admit to telling them I think they are pathetic. I’m not demanding to be relieved. I know there are people who have been onboard for a long time and haven’t seen their families for months, some more than a year.

I’m still hopeful that our crewing are sympathetic enough to my situation though. But I won’t be demanding anything. Unless something awful happens.

I really appreciate the support from everyone. I’ve had messages from former posters too who have looked in. I really can’t say how much it means to me. I’ve told MrsN that you’re all wonderful people.

I’ve had a hell of a week on 01:33 - Sep 1 with 1664 viewsjeera

I’ve had a hell of a week on 00:48 - Sep 1 by NewcyBlue

The only thing I can control is how I react.

The rest is out of my control.

We have Pirates to steer clear of for the next few weeks, we have cargo to discharge and load.

I have vowed to leave my problems in my cabin. I can’t be giving people a hard time due to not dealing with my emotions.

I’ve been building the gym equipment that we received, I am trying to get the crew’s karaoke machine working for them. If I can keep improving stuff on board then I can say that my energy has been of a positive use.

I am getting messages from other Brits who are moaning about not having relief. They have been away the same sort of time as me. I must admit to telling them I think they are pathetic. I’m not demanding to be relieved. I know there are people who have been onboard for a long time and haven’t seen their families for months, some more than a year.

I’m still hopeful that our crewing are sympathetic enough to my situation though. But I won’t be demanding anything. Unless something awful happens.

I really appreciate the support from everyone. I’ve had messages from former posters too who have looked in. I really can’t say how much it means to me. I’ve told MrsN that you’re all wonderful people.

Don't know what to say to you Newcs, other than to continue to wish you all the best and the best of health to your lady and naturally the twins too.

Good you're managing to keep yourself busy and also maintaining perspective.

Try to look after yourself best you can too; eating, getting some sleep when/if possible.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024