Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? 10:24 - Aug 21 with 6141 viewshype313

Just reading the latest piece, it sounds like Mellon is desperate for him to come in and reading between the lines, it sounds like there maybe interest from Norwood.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 11:53]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:25 - Aug 21 with 3759 viewsfooters

He's so desperate to go he'll drive there in bare feet. Def info.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:26 - Aug 21 with 3736 viewshype313

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:25 - Aug 21 by footers

He's so desperate to go he'll drive there in bare feet. Def info.

Toblerone to boot.

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:26 - Aug 21 with 3744 viewsSomethingBlue

Doubt it'd be rumbling on if there wasn't some interest from the player. But hard to see how it'd be worthwhile for us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:29 - Aug 21 with 3695 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There's no benefit in us selling him, and Id be surprised if they could afford to match his current package.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:30 - Aug 21 with 3692 viewshype313

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:29 - Aug 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

There's no benefit in us selling him, and Id be surprised if they could afford to match his current package.

Totally agree, but the words coming from Mellon sound like it's more plausible than we think.

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:32 - Aug 21 with 3662 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't understand it. Why don't we just tell them to do one?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:34 - Aug 21 with 3648 viewsfooters

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:32 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

I don't understand it. Why don't we just tell them to do one?

Micky Mellon is a seedy character. He won't give up yet.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 3609 viewsKieran_Knows

Whether its Dundee or not, I can see him going out on loan this window.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:42 - Aug 21 with 3591 viewstractorboy1978

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:26 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Doubt it'd be rumbling on if there wasn't some interest from the player. But hard to see how it'd be worthwhile for us.

There is definitely something going on.

It seems bizarre to me that his groin injury doesn't seem to have been properly rehabbed over lockdown. He's now at least 3 weeks behind the rest of the squad training wise and sometimes a lack of pre-season fitness early doors drags on throughout a whole season.
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:45 - Aug 21 with 3550 viewsBeckets

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:40 - Aug 21 by Kieran_Knows

I’d be making it a condition of any loan that they take Nsiala as well.
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:45 - Aug 21 with 3558 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I may be getting this completely wrong but didn't Norwood have a relationship break up at the start of last season? Sure it was him.

Mellon was like a father to him at Tranmere and got the best out of him. If he's not been happy personally since moving here, even if it's closer to where he's from and Mellon is interested, it's not impossible to think he may want to move North, especially in a league where if he rattles goals in there's a small chance of ending up at Celtic or Rangers who often stockpile strikers from the other top SPL sides.

Very unlikely that the Old Firm would be his motivation but got the impression he never really settled here, which is fair enough if he was injured on and off and his relationship broke up. He might want a fresh start.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:52 - Aug 21 with 3490 viewsKeno

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:45 - Aug 21 by Beckets

I’d be making it a condition of any loan that they take Nsiala as well.

and Nolan

and Lambert

and O'neill

and Bluefish

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:01 - Aug 21 with 3397 viewsthatdamgood89

I imagine Mellon is desperate. A fully fit Norwood would do well north of the border. However, I don't see how any club particularly one in Scotland would be able to afford what I imagine we would put on his head loan or otherwise but you never know.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:02 - Aug 21 with 3383 viewsTractorWood

Yes barefoot with Toblerone everywhere.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:05 - Aug 21 with 3349 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:30 - Aug 21 by hype313

Totally agree, but the words coming from Mellon sound like it's more plausible than we think.

Didn't he say there was nothing to report.

I don't think he will go, but the speculation is not at a level where Lambert or O'Neill should make it clear that he is not leaving.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:07 - Aug 21 with 3328 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:45 - Aug 21 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I may be getting this completely wrong but didn't Norwood have a relationship break up at the start of last season? Sure it was him.

Mellon was like a father to him at Tranmere and got the best out of him. If he's not been happy personally since moving here, even if it's closer to where he's from and Mellon is interested, it's not impossible to think he may want to move North, especially in a league where if he rattles goals in there's a small chance of ending up at Celtic or Rangers who often stockpile strikers from the other top SPL sides.

Very unlikely that the Old Firm would be his motivation but got the impression he never really settled here, which is fair enough if he was injured on and off and his relationship broke up. He might want a fresh start.

Fresh season = fresh start.

Everyone goes through relationship break ups. We can't sell our top scorers if it is not in our interest to do so.

It didn't work for Paul Hurst that's for sure!

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:09 - Aug 21 with 3317 viewsitfcjoe

I just don't see anyway that the deal can get done - even if everyone wants it to happen.

The only possible way they can afford him is for some sort of swap deal with Lawrence Shankland and he, rightly, has his sights set firmly higher than League 1

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:11 - Aug 21 with 3265 viewsFixed_It

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:40 - Aug 21 by Kieran_Knows

I see absolutely no way that we would benefit from that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:18 - Aug 21 with 3192 viewsChrisd

Yep. When you have a manager he has worked successfully with and got the best from him, there’s always a possibility. Although, I’d be disappointed to see him go.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 11:20]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:20 - Aug 21 with 3154 viewsKeno

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:11 - Aug 21 by Fixed_It

I see absolutely no way that we would benefit from that.

unless it makes way for Rhodes to return?

all together now ......

Jordan Rhodes, come back home
to the place where you belong

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:22 - Aug 21 with 3139 viewsChrisd

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:05 - Aug 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Didn't he say there was nothing to report.

I don't think he will go, but the speculation is not at a level where Lambert or O'Neill should make it clear that he is not leaving.

The key phrase I got from his words were, ‘at the moment’ which indicates to me there will be something in time, but not yet.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:38 - Aug 21 with 2993 viewsITFC_Forever

Dundee aren't interested in him.

Dundee United are on the other hand.....

But as others have said, it would be absolute madness to agree to it.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:39 - Aug 21 with 3005 viewsJohnny_Boy

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:34 - Aug 21 by footers

Micky Mellon is a seedy character. He won't give up yet.

Surely Norwood can’t elope to Scotland.....

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:47 - Aug 21 with 2921 viewsPJH

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:38 - Aug 21 by ITFC_Forever

Dundee aren't interested in him.

Dundee United are on the other hand.....

But as others have said, it would be absolute madness to agree to it.

Yes, very few on here seem to understand that there are two teams in Dundee-more or less in the same street in fact.
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:49 - Aug 21 with 2903 viewsxrayspecs

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:09 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

I just don't see anyway that the deal can get done - even if everyone wants it to happen.

The only possible way they can afford him is for some sort of swap deal with Lawrence Shankland and he, rightly, has his sights set firmly higher than League 1

Linked loan deals (Shankland to us, Norwood to them), with current clubs continuing to pay wages? Would not cause us to breach our salary cap?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024