Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement 09:31 - Sep 16 with 62590 viewsBarneycurley

and not be considered a racist?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:38 - Sep 16 with 5040 viewsBlueBadger

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:37 - Sep 16 by factual_blue

I have forwarded your post to the shadowy, menacing organisations who monitor this sort of thing.

You'll have no joy there, I pay my Moose Industries subs, you can't touch me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:00 - Sep 16 with 5014 viewsfactual_blue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:38 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

You'll have no joy there, I pay my Moose Industries subs, you can't touch me.

That won't save you....they're coming for you.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:01 - Sep 16 with 5010 viewsgiant_stow

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:13 - Sep 16 by Clapham_Junction

The only people talking about the capitalism/anti-capitalist aspect are the anti-BLM people.

This thread shows that's just not true mr!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:04 - Sep 16 with 4999 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:15 - Sep 16 by hampstead_blue

This is why BLM will fail.

Your hard left political ambitions are proven to fail and create misery on an epic scale.

Capitalism put the screen in front of you. The water in the tap. The food on your table.
The establishment allows us to function and live safely and with agreed freedoms.
You will tear that down into chaos and deprivation.

By aligning all of those hideous beliefs with BLM you are doing damage to the message of 'end racism'.

It's the same with XR. The core message is a trojan horse for you and the hard left.

That is why you won't change anything. The establishment and capitalist society will simply move you along.

To get real traction and change, the arguments for a cleaner climate and end to racism need to be separated from the hard lefts wet dream.

I'm not racist and I care deeply about the environment.
I actively despise and loathe the failed and cruel systems promoted by the hard left.

I don't think anyone listens to your drivel anymore.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:08 - Sep 16 with 4991 viewsRadlett_blue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 15:15 - Sep 16 by hampstead_blue

Your hard left political ambitions are proven to fail and create misery on an epic scale.

Capitalism put the screen in front of you. The water in the tap. The food on your table.
The establishment allows us to function and live safely and with agreed freedoms.

By aligning all of those hideous beliefs with BLM you are doing damage to the message of 'end racism'.

It's the same with XR. The core message is a trojan horse for you and the hard left.

That is why you won't change anything. The establishment and capitalist society will simply move you along.

To get real traction and change, the arguments for a cleaner climate and end to racism need to be separated from the hard lefts wet dream.

I actively despise and loathe the failed and cruel systems promoted by the hard left.

It's perfectly possible to not be racist but to disagree with some of these actual demands of the BLM movement:
Reparations for past and continuing harms. (Reparations)
Divestment from the institutions that criminalise, cage and harm black people; and investment in the education, health and safety of black people. (Invest-Divest)
Economic justice for all and a reconstruction of the economy to ensure our communities have collective ownership, not merely access.(Economic justice)
Community control of the laws, institutions and policies that most impact us. (Community control)
Independent black political power and black self-determination in all areas of society. (Political power)

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:12 - Sep 16 with 4982 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:08 - Sep 16 by Radlett_blue

It's perfectly possible to not be racist but to disagree with some of these actual demands of the BLM movement:
Divestment from the institutions that criminalise, cage and harm black people; and investment in the education, health and safety of black people. (Invest-Divest)
Economic justice for all and a reconstruction of the economy to ensure our communities have collective ownership, not merely access.(Economic justice)
Community control of the laws, institutions and policies that most impact us. (Community control)
Independent black political power and black self-determination in all areas of society. (Political power)

Will you be telling us your non-racist reasoning for each?

I'm curious what a non-racist objection economic justice for all looks like.

Also, what's a non-racist argument for not divesting from institutions that criminalise, cage and harm black people because I'm just not seeing one?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 16:18]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:13 - Sep 16 with 4974 viewsjeera

You seem to be claiming that protesting doesn't bring about change, which obviously couldn't be more untrue.

You might not have your vote if it wasn't for protesters.

Hell, you wouldn't have half the rights you enjoy or access to the things you list if it wasn't for protest movements.

Black people would still be using separate inferior facilities in SA if it wasn't for people steadfastly standing up for their rights.

And for each and every struggle throughout history there would be others opposing those rights, for their own interests, using the same language and the same lame arguments.

Often, the truth really is that those who oppose protest, simply like things the way they are, and don't believe everyone should share entitlement, preferring to see others as inferior.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:16 - Sep 16 with 4963 viewsClapham_Junction

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:01 - Sep 16 by giant_stow

This thread shows that's just not true mr!

I knew I should have worded it differently....

We're only talking about it because they're complaining about it. Pro-BLM people do not start the conversations on the topic by explaining it's about anti-capitalism.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 16:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:18 - Sep 16 with 4959 viewsRadlett_blue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:12 - Sep 16 by SpruceMoose

Will you be telling us your non-racist reasoning for each?

I'm curious what a non-racist objection economic justice for all looks like.

Also, what's a non-racist argument for not divesting from institutions that criminalise, cage and harm black people because I'm just not seeing one?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 16:18]

Some of these policies are extreme Marxism. Disagreeing with some of them doesn't make someone a racist. No point in developing a case against Marxism/communism here, beyond saying that when it has been tried, it has generally had bad consequences for of the inhabitants of the country on which these polices have been inflicted.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:24 - Sep 16 with 4944 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:18 - Sep 16 by Radlett_blue

Some of these policies are extreme Marxism. Disagreeing with some of them doesn't make someone a racist. No point in developing a case against Marxism/communism here, beyond saying that when it has been tried, it has generally had bad consequences for of the inhabitants of the country on which these polices have been inflicted.

Economic justice for all is extreme Marxism?

Not wishing to support and reward institutions that criminalise, cage and harm Black people is extreme Marxism?

Investing in education, health and safety of Black people is extreme Marxism?

Wanting to adopt more of a community based approach to policing, where police aren't so involved in problems stemming from mental health issues, addiction or homelessness is extreme Marxism?

Making appropriate amends that acknowledge that the benefits many in our society enjoy were brought about by exploitation and murder of Black people is extreme Marxism?

Safe to say you don't know what you're talking about.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 16:32]

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:26 - Sep 16 with 4934 viewsClapham_Junction

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:24 - Sep 16 by SpruceMoose

Economic justice for all is extreme Marxism?

Not wishing to support and reward institutions that criminalise, cage and harm Black people is extreme Marxism?

Investing in education, health and safety of Black people is extreme Marxism?

Wanting to adopt more of a community based approach to policing, where police aren't so involved in problems stemming from mental health issues, addiction or homelessness is extreme Marxism?

Making appropriate amends that acknowledge that the benefits many in our society enjoy were brought about by exploitation and murder of Black people is extreme Marxism?

Safe to say you don't know what you're talking about.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 16:32]

I remember the days when Ed Miliband was extreme Marxism.
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:31 - Sep 16 with 4926 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:26 - Sep 16 by Clapham_Junction

I remember the days when Ed Miliband was extreme Marxism.

Basically anything some people don't like is extreme Marxism.

I prefer to call it good old fashioned racism unless there are any genuine concerns that can be advanced as to why increasing equality, health, education opportunities and decreasing criminalisation of Black people is a bad thing.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 16:31]

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:34 - Sep 16 with 4909 viewsgiant_stow

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:16 - Sep 16 by Clapham_Junction

I knew I should have worded it differently....

We're only talking about it because they're complaining about it. Pro-BLM people do not start the conversations on the topic by explaining it's about anti-capitalism.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 16:19]

I'm not sure the wording makes your point any truer, but not worth arguing the toss.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:42 - Sep 16 with 4897 viewseireblue

When was the US or U.K. run by a hard left government?

Why is there a BLM movement if everything is fine?

Why is there a XR movement if everything is fine?
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:48 - Sep 16 with 4887 viewsDanTheMan

Fairly sure human beings have managed to get food before the concept of capitalism.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:52 - Sep 16 with 4879 viewshampstead_blue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:08 - Sep 16 by Radlett_blue

Agree.

All of the points you make would cause utter anarchy.
It will be like the film 'The Purge'.
The Hard left have stolen the cause and are soiling it with their own hatred and bile.

Maybe we need to cleanse the BLM of those smelly lefties who want chaos and ruin.......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:54 - Sep 16 with 4871 viewshampstead_blue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:13 - Sep 16 by jeera

You seem to be claiming that protesting doesn't bring about change, which obviously couldn't be more untrue.

You might not have your vote if it wasn't for protesters.

Hell, you wouldn't have half the rights you enjoy or access to the things you list if it wasn't for protest movements.

Black people would still be using separate inferior facilities in SA if it wasn't for people steadfastly standing up for their rights.

And for each and every struggle throughout history there would be others opposing those rights, for their own interests, using the same language and the same lame arguments.

Often, the truth really is that those who oppose protest, simply like things the way they are, and don't believe everyone should share entitlement, preferring to see others as inferior.

Appropriate protest works.

BLM and XR are not appropriate.
They are trojan horses as I have previously stated in this and other threads.

Oh, and you live under the security given by the Police and Armed Forces. Both of which would be decimated if the hard left had their way.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:54 - Sep 16 with 4871 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:52 - Sep 16 by hampstead_blue

Agree.

The Hard left have stolen the cause and are soiling it with their own hatred and bile.

Maybe we need to cleanse the BLM of those smelly lefties who want chaos and ruin.......

You utter tit.

Economic justice for all would cause utter anarchy?

Not wishing to support and reward institutions that criminalise, cage and harm Black people would cause utter anarchy?

Investing in education, health and safety of Black people would cause utter anarchy?

Wanting to adopt more of a community based approach to policing, where police aren't so involved in problems stemming from mental health issues, addiction or homelessness would cause utter anarchy?

Making appropriate amends that acknowledge that the benefits many in our society enjoy were brought about by exploitation and murder of Black people would cause utter anarchy?

Good God you're a piece of work.

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:56 - Sep 16 with 4856 viewseireblue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:52 - Sep 16 by hampstead_blue

Agree.

The Purge is a film about a right wing Government.
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:58 - Sep 16 with 4849 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:56 - Sep 16 by eireblue

The Purge is a film about a right wing Government.

I can't tell if he's just thick or genuinely malevolent.

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 17:03 - Sep 16 with 4839 viewseireblue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:54 - Sep 16 by hampstead_blue

Appropriate protest works.

BLM and XR are not appropriate.
They are trojan horses as I have previously stated in this and other threads.

Oh, and you live under the security given by the Police and Armed Forces. Both of which would be decimated if the hard left had their way.

You are no different in your approach to these issues as a racist is on these topics.

You should consider reading some books that are outside your comfort zone.

Labelling something hard left, talking about made up fears of the consequences of the hard left, and not providing a scintilla of evidence, and just repeatedly asserting things will be bad, are how people in power have repressed minorities for hundreds of years.

You are part of the problem.
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 17:05 - Sep 16 with 4833 viewseireblue

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 16:58 - Sep 16 by SpruceMoose

I can't tell if he's just thick or genuinely malevolent.

Ahem, this is also a case of where “both” could be considered as the correct answer.
Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 17:08 - Sep 16 with 4826 viewsjeera

Agree.

Your posts are going the way they tend to on these threads.

They get more and more bizarre and detached from reality.

People answer you, but there is a pattern with those who hold your beliefs: you say what you think, other people make some reasonable offerings in opposition. You completely ignore what they say and blunder on regardless.

Obviously if you could see this then you possibly wouldn't be doing it.

Or is it going to be one of your 'I was only playing along' type endings?

You seem to find a term, the current one being 'hard left'*, and just stick with it regardless of all context. It's weird to behold.

* see also 'trojan horse'.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 17:11]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 17:10 - Sep 16 with 4819 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, you don't really seem to have read or understood any of my arguments but that's not a surprise. You care about stuff so long as it doesn't entail having to actually change anything, we've already established that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it possible to disagree with the BLM movement on 17:16 - Sep 16 with 4808 viewsHerbivore

All sounds pretty fair and reasonable to me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024