Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 138268 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 16:45 - Oct 16 with 2912 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 16:32 - Oct 16 by Swansea_Blue

I'd be careful if I was you - Trump's got "unfinished business" and a "friend in high places". Def info.

These nutcases are as mad as a box of frogs.

Got to love those White Christian Extremists. They certainly put the 'Mental' in Fundamentalist.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 17:39 - Oct 16 with 2897 viewseireblue

US election megathread on 16:39 - Oct 16 by HARRY10

why's there a couple of beer pumps either side of him

does he need Courage to speak ?

Smiting sticks, for when things need to get a bit Old Testament.
US election megathread on 17:40 - Oct 16 with 2897 viewstractordownsouth

US election megathread on 16:10 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

What really makes me sick is that these frauds who orbit Trump have absolutely no skin in the game.

They can get up on their podium, both online and in the real world, and spout all these awful things that directly impact the health, safety and prosperity of people across the country, but when it all goes down in flames, rather than being shunned and exiled, they'll all walk into sweet media gigs and begin to rewrite history.

These people deserve to be ousted from society, blacklisted, treated as the vermin they are, not rewarded with large contracts and yet another platform to shamelessly promote themselves.

But like I said yesterday, and as proved by NBC hosting Trump's townhall at the same time as Biden's, the media is not our ally, they have a completely different set of motivations, the main one being profit at all costs. Under Trump, they've probably never had it so good in terms of clickbait and controversy.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 16:11]

The ones who beltatedly sold their souls to Trump will inevitably try and distance themselves. I'm sure Nikki Hayley and Marco Rubio will re-invent themselves as anti-Trumpers ready for 2024 but when the time came to vote against him, they couldn't do it. Hopefully their credibility will be shot and the latter will be booted out of the Senate in 2022.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

US election megathread on 17:48 - Oct 16 with 2892 viewsSpruceMoose

Standby for an incoming tweetstorm... Looks like Trump lost the ratings battle last night

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/donald-trump-joe-biden-town-halls-nbc-abc-ratin

US election megathread on 18:18 - Oct 16 with 2872 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 16:45 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

Got to love those White Christian Extremists. They certainly put the 'Mental' in Fundamentalist.

A nice earner I would expect

David Icke and even Farage have not done so badly, moneywise, out of telling the stupid what they want to hear - though I doubt either of them believe the shyte they spout... but it pays, quite handsomely
US election megathread on 22:31 - Oct 16 with 2795 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 17:48 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

Standby for an incoming tweetstorm... Looks like Trump lost the ratings battle last night

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/donald-trump-joe-biden-town-halls-nbc-abc-ratin

US election megathread on 22:44 - Oct 16 with 2786 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 22:31 - Oct 16 by ElderGrizzly

Cringe.

1) His rallies are much smaller than they used to be.
2) They're not about getting votes. They're about his ego. His family hated him growing up. He's surrounded by yes men. These cultists are the only people who have ever liked him.

US election megathread on 22:53 - Oct 16 with 2772 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 22:44 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

Cringe.

2) They're not about getting votes. They're about his ego. His family hated him growing up. He's surrounded by yes men. These cultists are the only people who have ever liked him.

Projection game is strong today

Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 23:05 - Oct 16 with 2753 viewsMercian

Cringe.

It was not only his cultists who liked him at the start. Thousands of working class people struggling badly in rust belt states such as West Virginia saw hope that Trump was going to brink back employment and some form of stability for them. Older people liked him because he promised they would be taxed less and supported more during their retirement. I would say he failed miserably on both these issues but to fail he would have had to make an attempt to start with. He did not as it was all lies .
US election megathread on 09:27 - Oct 17 with 2652 viewslowhouseblue

Cringe.

be afraid, be very afraid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54561411

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

US election megathread on 12:15 - Oct 17 with 2606 viewsHARRY10

Cringe.

Rather, a farewell tour now

playing the old favourites

though 'build the wall' and 'lock her up', from his first album, don't seem to get much of an airing now
US election megathread on 13:45 - Oct 17 with 2567 viewsOldsmoker

US election megathread on 17:40 - Oct 16 by tractordownsouth

The ones who beltatedly sold their souls to Trump will inevitably try and distance themselves. I'm sure Nikki Hayley and Marco Rubio will re-invent themselves as anti-Trumpers ready for 2024 but when the time came to vote against him, they couldn't do it. Hopefully their credibility will be shot and the latter will be booted out of the Senate in 2022.

This guy thinks that the Trump enablers have got it coming too.
The key piece is the first 2:30 mins.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

US election megathread on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 2559 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 13:45 - Oct 17 by Oldsmoker

This guy thinks that the Trump enablers have got it coming too.
The key piece is the first 2:30 mins.

thanks

a worthy listen
US election megathread on 14:27 - Oct 17 with 2547 viewsblueislander

US election megathread on 22:53 - Oct 16 by ElderGrizzly

Projection game is strong today

Is it libelous to say someone is responsible for organized crime?
US election megathread on 22:51 - Oct 17 with 2503 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 13:57 - Oct 17 by HARRY10

thanks

a worthy listen

Dems want to blow up Mount Rushmore apparently

Oh and he can't say Christopher Colombus

US election megathread on 22:54 - Oct 17 with 2499 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 22:51 - Oct 17 by ElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 22:54 - Oct 17 with 2499 viewsStokieBlue

US election megathread on 22:51 - Oct 17 by ElderGrizzly

What a load of rambling nonsense.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

US election megathread on 23:09 - Oct 17 with 2482 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 22:54 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

The dumbest Trump spawn is on top form today too. Some very good replies.

The reality, this is a house Biden sold 24 years ago.
US election megathread on 23:19 - Oct 17 with 2474 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 14:27 - Oct 17 by blueislander

Is it libelous to say someone is responsible for organized crime?

He’s now encouraging more vitriol against a woman his supporters tried to kidnap a few weeks ago

US election megathread on 23:25 - Oct 17 with 2468 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 23:19 - Oct 17 by ElderGrizzly

He’s now encouraging more vitriol against a woman his supporters tried to kidnap a few weeks ago

Whitmer will still be in office when Trump is sitting in Rikers.

US election megathread on 23:25 - Oct 17 with 2468 viewsJ2BLUE

That won't be Biden's home after January

(I deliberately didn't picture quote)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US election megathread on 00:00 - Oct 18 with 2438 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 23:25 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

That won't be Biden's home after January

(I deliberately didn't picture quote)

He's going to need to give the place a bloody good fumigation before he moves in, then set fire to all the furniture.

US election megathread on 07:44 - Oct 18 with 2363 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 00:00 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

He's going to need to give the place a bloody good fumigation before he moves in, then set fire to all the furniture.

The amount of hairspray in the oval office, i’d suggest no naked flame within 400 yards.
US election megathread on 15:58 - Oct 18 with 2261 viewsjeera

US election megathread on 23:25 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

Whitmer will still be in office when Trump is sitting in Rikers.

If he doesn't get her killed first, which he seems intent on doing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US election megathread on 16:06 - Oct 18 with 2253 viewsbaxterbasics

I am officially endorsing Dr Jo Jorgensen, the Libertarian candidate.

I know you were all anxuious to know.

https://jo20.com/about/

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024