Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) 09:55 - Sep 24 with 4921 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 09:56 - Sep 24 with 2325 viewsStokieBlue

Immediately.

KVY is a huge force at this level.

Chambers has been pretty good at RB but there were a few signs last match that he's going to be inconsistent in that position. He's still a very decent RB, especially defensively but isn't very dynamic going forward and runs out of ideas.

We also miss KVY dribbling at the defence.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 9:57]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 09:59 - Sep 24 with 2301 viewsSomethingBlue

Of course.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 2301 viewsChrisd

IMO no. Achilles injuries are problematic, he needs to be eased back in and monitored especially with regards to the amount of time he's been on the sidelines, aren't we approaching near on a year? Besides, Chambers is playing well at RB and doing a very decent job in KVY's absence.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 2291 viewsStokieBlue

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 24 by Chrisd

IMO no. Achilles injuries are problematic, he needs to be eased back in and monitored especially with regards to the amount of time he's been on the sidelines, aren't we approaching near on a year? Besides, Chambers is playing well at RB and doing a very decent job in KVY's absence.

The opening post clearly says "If fully fit".

SB

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:03 - Sep 24 with 2282 viewsSwailsey

Yes.

KVY | Chambers | Woolfie | Ward

That's a very good back line for this level, with Toto, Wilson and newbie as excellent backup.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:04 - Sep 24 with 2278 viewsChrisd

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

The opening post clearly says "If fully fit".

SB

He might be fully fit, but to throw him back into the fold after being out for so long would be risky. Like I said in my earlier reply, I'd gradually ease him back in. If we were talking about an injury where KVY has been out for a couple of weeks, they yes get him back in there asap, but sadly we aren't.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:11 - Sep 24 with 2261 viewsOsborneOneNil

Trick question?

100%. KVY, Wolf, Nsiala, Ward.
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:14 - Sep 24 with 2240 viewsHerbivore

Yes, absolutely. Chambers isn't a right back and whilst he'll do an okay job there he will have times where he gets shown up as it's not really his position. KVY is a huge upgrade. It also means we can slot Chambers back into the centre alongside Woolfy (when fit).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:14 - Sep 24 with 2239 viewsCokeIsKey

Yep, probably one of the best right-backs in the league.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:14 - Sep 24 with 2236 viewshype313

Without question, we have been quite lucky with our fixtures in that the teams we have faced haven't really given us to much threat down that channel, Chambers has done a sterling job, but I worry against better sides that he could be a weak link given his age etc.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:16 - Sep 24 with 2228 viewsblueislander

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 24 by Chrisd

The Wigan left winger ran Chambers ragged at times . He is very vulnerable against anyone prepared to run at him.
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:23 - Sep 24 with 2206 viewsBrixtonBlue

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:14 - Sep 24 by CokeIsKey

Great video that. I love the way he turns round a player, almost using their body as something to wrap around, with really close control of the ball, then he's away and onto the next one.

I'm still amazed we managed to get him when surely he could be at a bigger club.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:28 - Sep 24 with 2181 viewsStokieBlue

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:04 - Sep 24 by Chrisd

He might be fully fit, but to throw him back into the fold after being out for so long would be risky. Like I said in my earlier reply, I'd gradually ease him back in. If we were talking about an injury where KVY has been out for a couple of weeks, they yes get him back in there asap, but sadly we aren't.

We seem to have different definitions of what "fully fit" means.

SB

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:37 - Sep 24 with 2157 viewsEireannach_gorm

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:14 - Sep 24 by CokeIsKey

When you look at that you wonder if we are more likely to lose him than the Wolf.
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 2147 viewsMetal_Hacker

We'd best delete this thread before someone comes in for him !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 2148 viewsJon_456

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:23 - Sep 24 by BrixtonBlue

Great video that. I love the way he turns round a player, almost using their body as something to wrap around, with really close control of the ball, then he's away and onto the next one.

I'm still amazed we managed to get him when surely he could be at a bigger club.

Really does show what we're missing doesn't it.

I dont think its a coincidence our form dramatically declined after he got injured.
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:41 - Sep 24 with 2141 viewstonybied

How does he have such a big highlight reel with us? He only played for about 3 months before he got injured didn't he? I forgot how talented the kid was, why does it always seem to be out brightest prospects that seem to get long-standing injuries?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 10:43]
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:43 - Sep 24 with 2131 viewshomer_123

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:37 - Sep 24 by Eireannach_gorm

When you look at that you wonder if we are more likely to lose him than the Wolf.

There's a reason he's playing at this level.

We've not seen enough of him to see it yet but - having watched him at Col U, we'll probably see two things:

1. When he's on it - he's unplayable (much like the video) but...
2. Has a habit of drifting out of games and not being anywhere near as effective (either defensively or from an attacking perspective)

I hope that he's begun to sort that aspect out as he's got time on his side (only 24) and has a huge amount of talent and 'could' easily play at a higher level.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:43 - Sep 24 with 2128 viewscatch74

He brings an energy and forward thrust! that not many others in the team have. The impact of Lankester and Downes, the most obvious change in energy so far this season, plus the overall play of Dozzell, looking forwards first. Reckon thats rubbed off on Nolan too.
Get him in.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:44 - Sep 24 with 2121 viewsHerbivore

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:41 - Sep 24 by tonybied

How does he have such a big highlight reel with us? He only played for about 3 months before he got injured didn't he? I forgot how talented the kid was, why does it always seem to be out brightest prospects that seem to get long-standing injuries?

Not even three months. He's only made 9 appearances for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:46 - Sep 24 with 2114 viewsurbanblue

Much as the common sense answer would be ' of course', in the current situation I would reluctantly say no ... and I am not Chambers' biggest fan.

Lambert has stated quite clearly that if you have the shirt and are playing well you will keep it. This appears to have had a good effect on team spirit and individual performances. We have kept two clean sheets and the back four have really done nothing wrong.

To then drop one of them would send the wrong message to the players, and make a nonsense of what the manager said. We have complained enough about the manager changing a winning team.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 10:49]
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:49 - Sep 24 with 2093 viewsStokieBlue

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:46 - Sep 24 by urbanblue

Much as the common sense answer would be ' of course', in the current situation I would reluctantly say no ... and I am not Chambers' biggest fan.

Lambert has stated quite clearly that if you have the shirt and are playing well you will keep it. This appears to have had a good effect on team spirit and individual performances. We have kept two clean sheets and the back four have really done nothing wrong.

To then drop one of them would send the wrong message to the players, and make a nonsense of what the manager said. We have complained enough about the manager changing a winning team.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 10:49]

That is fair, up to a point.

I don't think it really applies when the upgrade is so big though.

Would you say the same about getting Wolfie back into the team? What about Jackson upfront?

SB

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:50 - Sep 24 with 2086 viewslongtimefan

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:41 - Sep 24 by tonybied

I think that reel must show every time he touched the ball in his games for us
If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:50 - Sep 24 with 2082 viewshampstead_blue

Hell yeah. I'd bring anyone ahead of LC.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:58 - Sep 24 with 2060 viewsurbanblue

If fully fit, would you bring Vincent-Young straight back in for Chambers? (n/t) on 10:49 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

That is fair, up to a point.

I don't think it really applies when the upgrade is so big though.

Would you say the same about getting Wolfie back into the team? What about Jackson upfront?

SB

Yes, once again reluctantly, I would say the same about Woolfie. As professionals they should understand the situation. It's a team game and one individual change at the back cold upset the balance. As long as the back four are playing well and we are keeping clean sheets why would we want to change it?

Jackson is a different situation. There is a shirt going free up front possibly, as Norwood certainly hasn't done enough to keep it yet. Of course, where Jackson would fit in is a conundrum much discussed already on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024