Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! 21:05 - Oct 14 with 9742 viewsArnieM

Thought he was going to be doing his career the world of good moving to the Swedish League ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:08 - Oct 15 with 1931 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:54 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

Glad we got there in the end and you agree with me that he got too billy big time, thanks.

We got too small time because some of our fans got what they wished for. Not sure why you had to call him a nonse but you do you

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:11 - Oct 15 with 1930 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:08 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

We got too small time because some of our fans got what they wished for. Not sure why you had to call him a nonse but you do you

I'm not one for hitting the abuse button, but please can you refrain from telling lies about me, particularly ones as abhorrent as that.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:16 - Oct 15 with 1906 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:11 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

I'm not one for hitting the abuse button, but please can you refrain from telling lies about me, particularly ones as abhorrent as that.

Typical

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:28 - Oct 15 with 1905 viewsWarkystache

Personally, I'll always respect Jonas for his goals against the Scum alone. Who gives a sh*t about why he left, what he might be or might not be doing now? This is nearly as daft a thing to argue about as potatoes.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:36 - Oct 15 with 1893 viewsBlueBadger

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:57 - Oct 15 by m14_blue

I mean, this is just bonkers.

Knudsen was good, he wasn't amazing but he was good. Really solid and very reliable, which is pretty much all you can hope for from a Championship left back.

As far as I can tell there's three main issues people have with Knuden:

1: He wasn't Cresswell or Mings.
2: Mick bought him and liked him.
3: He liked Mick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:42 - Oct 15 with 1887 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:08 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

If it was a fair argument there'd be some actual evidence for it, like him turning down a contract or not bothering to put the effort in. Given that neither of those things happened it's a much more reasonable position to say that the suggestion Knudsen simply got too big for his boots has no evidential basis and is revisionism.

I really don't get the argument that Hurst didn't have time to sort out the contract either. Jonas was back in July and played in preseason. He could easily have instructed ME to start negotiations, instead he decided to hold off and by the time anyone spoke to Knudsen about a new deal it was far too late. I don't know how you can say on the one hand that ME or Mick should have sorted his contract sooner on the one hand, whilst on the other hand saying it was right for Hurst not to offer him a deal. Wither we should have tried to tie him to a new deal or not.

I think there is fair evidence that he didn't bother to put the effort in, given he played so poorly post world cup compared to how he played pre world cup. He went from competent Championship full back to seemingly disinterested and error prone, to the point that Kenlock started to get in ahead of him.

Clearly it's a complex picture and there are many factors that influenced the situation, but as you keep criticising how I originally entered the thread and accused others of revisionism:-

"He came back from the world cup and decided to play hardball over his contract. He decided he was better than ITFC and wanted a move. Arguably long before he had earnt one, which combined with his public support for an unpopular manager, made him an easy target for some somewhat justified criticism."

I stand by that statement. The point with his contract is that by the time Hurst had the opportunity to sort the situation out, he was already in the final year of his deal. That wasn't Hurst's fault and there was nothing he could have done about it. With Jonas holding so much of the power, Hurst employed a rather combative strategy, but he didn't realistically have any viable alternative beyond throwing money at it. The situation was of McCarthy and Evans' making, combined with the status quo of player power. I remain baffled as to why so many fans side with the player who has no loyalty to ITFC in these situations. He had a contract and was being paid well, yet he returned from the world cup with, on the strength of his performances, very little motivation to do that contract justice unless we agreed to give him a more lucrative one.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:52 - Oct 15 with 1880 viewsBiGDonnie

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:39 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

This is literally your only win today.

And that my friend is the difference - you live your life for these 'wins' on TWTD. I'm literally making comments on a thread that I hold an opinion on. Pathetic.

If you want to talk about wins in the real world, I'm ready when you are.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:53 - Oct 15 with 1878 viewsBiGDonnie

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:51 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

Dry your eyes mate.

Is this another win for you, nursey?

What are you now, like 6-0 up?

COYBs

Login to get fewer ads

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:54 - Oct 15 with 1873 viewsBlueBadger

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:53 - Oct 15 by BiGDonnie

I'm even higher rated by Fifa than Fishers, mate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:55 - Oct 15 with 1862 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:54 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

I'm even higher rated by Fifa than Fishers, mate.

Only because I haven't got pace

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:57 - Oct 15 with 1867 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:53 - Oct 15 by BiGDonnie

It was such a pathetic comeback I realised I'd touched a nerve and thought I better leave him to it

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:59 - Oct 15 with 1860 viewsBiGDonnie

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:57 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

It was such a pathetic comeback I realised I'd touched a nerve and thought I better leave him to it

They've just started referring to FIFA for some reason?

COYBs

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:01 - Oct 15 with 1853 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:42 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

I think there is fair evidence that he didn't bother to put the effort in, given he played so poorly post world cup compared to how he played pre world cup. He went from competent Championship full back to seemingly disinterested and error prone, to the point that Kenlock started to get in ahead of him.

Clearly it's a complex picture and there are many factors that influenced the situation, but as you keep criticising how I originally entered the thread and accused others of revisionism:-

"He came back from the world cup and decided to play hardball over his contract. He decided he was better than ITFC and wanted a move. Arguably long before he had earnt one, which combined with his public support for an unpopular manager, made him an easy target for some somewhat justified criticism."

I stand by that statement. The point with his contract is that by the time Hurst had the opportunity to sort the situation out, he was already in the final year of his deal. That wasn't Hurst's fault and there was nothing he could have done about it. With Jonas holding so much of the power, Hurst employed a rather combative strategy, but he didn't realistically have any viable alternative beyond throwing money at it. The situation was of McCarthy and Evans' making, combined with the status quo of player power. I remain baffled as to why so many fans side with the player who has no loyalty to ITFC in these situations. He had a contract and was being paid well, yet he returned from the world cup with, on the strength of his performances, very little motivation to do that contract justice unless we agreed to give him a more lucrative one.

Hurst could have tried the radical tactic of trying to negotiate a contract with him maybe? You say it was too late as he was in the final year of his deal, but that was only by a couple of weeks and we would at least have been negotiating as an established Championship side rather than one destined for League 1. Bart signed his new deal on his return from the World Cup, there's no reason to think that a new deal fot Knudsen couldn't have been worked out at that time too. It's not true to say he was the one playing hard ball and that he wanted out.

I think you're suggestion he didn't put the effort in has no basis. Lots of players' performance level dropped off and it wasn't due to effort but because of us hiring a manager way out of his depth who destroyed morale and didn't know how to set a team up. Not to mention that lots of players are prone to having a dip post World Cup (Vart's form dropped far more dramatically than Knuden's) due to not having much of a break and having a short preseason. To say that's evidence that he wasn't trying is a massive stretch.

You can stand by your initial comment but I've given a sound argument for why you're the one engaging in significant revisionism here. Have to agree to disagree though as I'm not budging and you're not either.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 14:03]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:10 - Oct 15 with 1831 viewsJ2BLUE

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:28 - Oct 15 by Warkystache

Personally, I'll always respect Jonas for his goals against the Scum alone. Who gives a sh*t about why he left, what he might be or might not be doing now? This is nearly as daft a thing to argue about as potatoes.

But is he one of your five a day?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:11 - Oct 15 with 1831 viewsjayessess

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:36 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

As far as I can tell there's three main issues people have with Knuden:

1: He wasn't Cresswell or Mings.
2: Mick bought him and liked him.
3: He liked Mick.

My main issue with him was that he constantly conceded possession by aimlessly pumping the ball up the line.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:26 - Oct 15 with 1814 viewsitfcjoe

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:42 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

Knudsen started every game of the season, bar one at QPR away until Boxing Day - it was at that point he was bombed out by Lambert because he wasn't signing a new deal.

Kenlock didn't start to play ahead of him - he went from starting every game to on the bench on 29/12 and 1/1 then not in the squad for the subsequent 5 games. When the window shut he came back in as a regular starter until middle of March and we didn't see him againas relegation was as good as confirmed and kenlock got a run of games.

If he was that disinterested and error prone he wouldn't have started literally every game he was available for (bar January). We even signed a LB in January who JK continued to be picked ahead of in Callum Elder.

He'd clearly earned the contract, we'd taken up the option on his previously. he'd started 120 league games in 3 seasons, he was the regular, he was a good age and an international - that is earning the contract. Realistically if you are that much of a regular you don't have anything to prove in that regard, and your contract shouldn't be allowed to run down - and the manager shouldn't come out publicly and say he needs to show he's good enough, when he has already done that.

It's why Lambert tried to tie him down almost as soon as he arrived, because it was obvious

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:59 - Oct 15 with 1780 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:01 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Hurst could have tried the radical tactic of trying to negotiate a contract with him maybe? You say it was too late as he was in the final year of his deal, but that was only by a couple of weeks and we would at least have been negotiating as an established Championship side rather than one destined for League 1. Bart signed his new deal on his return from the World Cup, there's no reason to think that a new deal fot Knudsen couldn't have been worked out at that time too. It's not true to say he was the one playing hard ball and that he wanted out.

I think you're suggestion he didn't put the effort in has no basis. Lots of players' performance level dropped off and it wasn't due to effort but because of us hiring a manager way out of his depth who destroyed morale and didn't know how to set a team up. Not to mention that lots of players are prone to having a dip post World Cup (Vart's form dropped far more dramatically than Knuden's) due to not having much of a break and having a short preseason. To say that's evidence that he wasn't trying is a massive stretch.

You can stand by your initial comment but I've given a sound argument for why you're the one engaging in significant revisionism here. Have to agree to disagree though as I'm not budging and you're not either.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 14:03]

From what I recall the negotiating had already been done on Bart's deal and it had been doing the rounds in the press for some time, hence him being able to sign it upon his return. These things tend to take weeks if not months otherwise. Yes league position later in the season wouldn't help the situation, but Knudsen was in his final year and held all the cards. This is what I meant about playing hard ball and I should have been more explicit, I didn't intend to imply that he was offered a deal and tried to hold us to ransom.

We could go back and forth as to why his performance dropped and I accept your general argument, but nothing we had seen from Knudsen prior to that suggested he was one who would be prone to suffering a world cup hang over or be overly affected by fan criticism (which largely was online rather than pitch-side). I mean come on, he only played one game, it's not like it was a break-through tournament for him. I don't think it's a massive stretch to say his dip in form was more about him thinking he had made it when he hadn't, but as you say we'll have to agree to disagree.

Still bemused that you're saying I'm the one engaging in revisionism though, when you just agreed that Knudsen was into the final year of his deal before Hurst could contemplate contract negotiations. Earlier you were saying that me blaming McCarthy for letting him get into the final year of his contract was "utterly bizarre" and that the idea it wasn't Hurst's fault "just silly". Your argument isn't sound, it's demonstrably inaccurate, but I'm the one ignoring the facts to fit my agenda?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 15:09 - Oct 15 with 1768 viewsjayessess

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:26 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

Knudsen started every game of the season, bar one at QPR away until Boxing Day - it was at that point he was bombed out by Lambert because he wasn't signing a new deal.

Kenlock didn't start to play ahead of him - he went from starting every game to on the bench on 29/12 and 1/1 then not in the squad for the subsequent 5 games. When the window shut he came back in as a regular starter until middle of March and we didn't see him againas relegation was as good as confirmed and kenlock got a run of games.

If he was that disinterested and error prone he wouldn't have started literally every game he was available for (bar January). We even signed a LB in January who JK continued to be picked ahead of in Callum Elder.

He'd clearly earned the contract, we'd taken up the option on his previously. he'd started 120 league games in 3 seasons, he was the regular, he was a good age and an international - that is earning the contract. Realistically if you are that much of a regular you don't have anything to prove in that regard, and your contract shouldn't be allowed to run down - and the manager shouldn't come out publicly and say he needs to show he's good enough, when he has already done that.

It's why Lambert tried to tie him down almost as soon as he arrived, because it was obvious

It was quite possible to start regularly in the 2018-19 Ipswich side whilst being disinterested and/or error prone, hence why we were relegated with 31 points from 46 games, below a club that was no longer even paying its players.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 15:20 - Oct 15 with 1757 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:26 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

Well fair enough for the fact checking, my memory on when Kenlock came into the side was obviously wonky. The fact that he disappeared from the squad during the January window and we brought Elder in suggests perhaps we were hopeful we could offload Knudsen while he was still some kind of asset.

I agree completely that his contract should not have been allowed to run down, but again, the situation wasn't of Hurst's making, as he was into his final year when Hurst came through the door. I'm not arguing that Hurst's tactic of then telling him he need to prove himself didn't leave a lot to be desired, but that was Hurst's position across the board and he wasn't likely to deviate from that for one player without undermining his entire approach.

As I said originally, nobody drove Knudsen out of the club - Lambert clearly wanted him. He decided he could do better than ITFC and he has.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:18 - Oct 15 with 1723 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 14:59 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

From what I recall the negotiating had already been done on Bart's deal and it had been doing the rounds in the press for some time, hence him being able to sign it upon his return. These things tend to take weeks if not months otherwise. Yes league position later in the season wouldn't help the situation, but Knudsen was in his final year and held all the cards. This is what I meant about playing hard ball and I should have been more explicit, I didn't intend to imply that he was offered a deal and tried to hold us to ransom.

We could go back and forth as to why his performance dropped and I accept your general argument, but nothing we had seen from Knudsen prior to that suggested he was one who would be prone to suffering a world cup hang over or be overly affected by fan criticism (which largely was online rather than pitch-side). I mean come on, he only played one game, it's not like it was a break-through tournament for him. I don't think it's a massive stretch to say his dip in form was more about him thinking he had made it when he hadn't, but as you say we'll have to agree to disagree.

Still bemused that you're saying I'm the one engaging in revisionism though, when you just agreed that Knudsen was into the final year of his deal before Hurst could contemplate contract negotiations. Earlier you were saying that me blaming McCarthy for letting him get into the final year of his contract was "utterly bizarre" and that the idea it wasn't Hurst's fault "just silly". Your argument isn't sound, it's demonstrably inaccurate, but I'm the one ignoring the facts to fit my agenda?

My argument is fine, mate. It's perfectly normal to negotiate a new contract the summer before it is due to expire. Whether that's 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after that 12 month point is really by the by. Had we openened negotiations in the summer we'd have had a good chance of keeping him. Blaming Mick is bizarre because he was leaving and if he'd offered one of his 'honest blokes' a new deal just before leaving and 18 months before it was due to expire people would have lost their minds over it. Hurst should have been making that call.

You are making so many assumptions. Your inference that his performance dropped off because he thought he'd made it just doesn't make sense. That didn't seem to be something that would be in his character. For all his technical flaws his attitude was always good. And the whole team saw a drop in form, it's not like it was juts Knudsen. When you're suddenly surrounded by League 1 and 2 players it's not as easy to maintain a high level, especially under a manager out of his depth.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:36 - Oct 15 with 1719 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 21:29 - Oct 14 by SitfcB

Good player.

Numbskulls got at him because he spoke good of Super Mick, like all of his players and staff did.

Is why Chambers and Skuse still get hate.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 21:34]

Wrong Sitters wrong !

Jonas Knudsen is a piece of s**t. A selfish piece of s**t who had put his own interests above ITFC.

If he had been committed we wouldn't have been 'forced' to sign crap like Elder on loan.
As it had been mentioned in some interview our players downed the tools and the relegation seemed obvious in October/November and he was one the worst players in the relegation season. Seemed completely disinterested. His attitude did stink. But for the certain group of people, really blinded people he gets away with his horrible attitude from that season because he had said a few nice words about that one wHo wAs HoUnDeD oUt bY tHe nUmBsKulLs.

Watch the equaliser for Reading 2-2 away game. Just watch it. He wasn't even bothered to help Pennington out and the latter had to deal with their two giant forwards.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 17:37]
No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:39 - Oct 15 with 1711 viewsSpruceMoose

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:36 - Oct 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Wrong Sitters wrong !

Jonas Knudsen is a piece of s**t. A selfish piece of s**t who had put his own interests above ITFC.

If he had been committed we wouldn't have been 'forced' to sign crap like Elder on loan.
As it had been mentioned in some interview our players downed the tools and the relegation seemed obvious in October/November and he was one the worst players in the relegation season. Seemed completely disinterested. His attitude did stink. But for the certain group of people, really blinded people he gets away with his horrible attitude from that season because he had said a few nice words about that one wHo wAs HoUnDeD oUt bY tHe nUmBsKulLs.

Watch the equaliser for Reading 2-2 away game. Just watch it. He wasn't even bothered to help Pennington out and the latter had to deal with their two giant forwards.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 17:37]

You take football far too seriously mate.

A piece of shît? A selfish piece of shît?

Ridiculous from a grown adult.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:44 - Oct 15 with 1693 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:39 - Oct 15 by SpruceMoose

You take football far too seriously mate.

A piece of shît? A selfish piece of shît?

Ridiculous from a grown adult.

That's how I take it. Not your problem. Stick to insulting people who disagree with your opinions. You're the last person to dish out 'advices' like that given your attitude towards people with different opinions than yours.

The abuse Lambert and other players get from 'grown adults' is equally the same or even worse.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 17:45]
No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:49 - Oct 15 with 1690 viewsMullet

Well this thread is amazing reading. Even top of the league after a 4-1 win there is a certain element that well.... amazing stuff.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:50 - Oct 15 with 1686 viewsSpruceMoose

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 17:44 - Oct 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

That's how I take it. Not your problem. Stick to insulting people who disagree with your opinions. You're the last person to dish out 'advices' like that given your attitude towards people with different opinions than yours.

The abuse Lambert and other players get from 'grown adults' is equally the same or even worse.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 17:45]

I think with you sending me unsolicited PMs about how All Lives Matter and how Covid is a Plan-demic it's you who is the last person who should be lecturing others on civility, you absolute lunatic.

Imagine being a grown adult and having so much venom for a footballer you don't even know years after he left the club.

Unhinged. Get on the div list.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024