Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! 21:05 - Oct 14 with 9734 viewsArnieM

Thought he was going to be doing his career the world of good moving to the Swedish League ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:12 - Oct 15 with 1981 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:55 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

What, on the internet? Blub. There was no significant change in fan attitudes towards him at games, despite his form taking a noticeable dip.

No in the crowd. I was there at games where 50 year old carling drinkers were going down to the front of the stands at full time and calling him over to then give him horrific abuse
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 11:14]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:12 - Oct 15 with 1981 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:09 - Oct 15 by PJH

Actually he did not have the choice to stay because however well he had or had not played in 2018/19 if the club did not offer him a new contract he became unemployed on 30th June 2019.

I mean he had the choice to play like he wanted a new contract and convince Hurst to give him one. There was zero evidence of that.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:16 - Oct 15 with 1962 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:12 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

No in the crowd. I was there at games where 50 year old carling drinkers were going down to the front of the stands at full time and calling him over to then give him horrific abuse
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 11:14]

You mean you once saw a couple of idiots give him some stick, so have extrapolated this to "the numbskulls drove him out"?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:22 - Oct 15 with 1952 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:08 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

It's a bit silly as a bottom end Championship club letting a player go off to a World Cup as they go into the least year of their deal - it's even sillier after that player plays well in a knockout game for the tinpot manager to say he needs to come back here and prove himself to me.

The tone struck with both Bart and Knudsen cost the club a lot of money - it was another area Hurst f*cked up in the summer we are still recovering from

I take your point, but why is it so outlandish to believe that while a player is still under contract and being paid to perform, it's ultimately his responsibility to turn up and perform.

Knudsen didn't fancy it, yet he's perceived as blameless by many on here. Another example of how player power has got a little out of control, let's hope the salary cap redresses the balance somewhat.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:28 - Oct 15 with 1931 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:16 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

You mean you once saw a couple of idiots give him some stick, so have extrapolated this to "the numbskulls drove him out"?

Yeah ok mate. It doesn't matter what happened really does it, you've decided Jonas is a bad man and deserves it. He gone dogs abuse and do did Mick, Brentford being the worst example. It wasn't a couple of rogue individuals, it was targeted by chumps that planned their abuse in advance.

It doesn't matter what you hear because many of you deny the mick abuse despite the paedo songs being clear and the baying mob at Brentford being confirmed by multiple outside sources

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:29 - Oct 15 with 1929 viewsLankHenners

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:22 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

I take your point, but why is it so outlandish to believe that while a player is still under contract and being paid to perform, it's ultimately his responsibility to turn up and perform.

Knudsen didn't fancy it, yet he's perceived as blameless by many on here. Another example of how player power has got a little out of control, let's hope the salary cap redresses the balance somewhat.

Probably because the notion that Knudsen 'didn't fancy it' is pure conjecture. And if he didn't it'll be because of the reasons already given rather than because he couldn't be bothered.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:32 - Oct 15 with 1934 viewsBlueBadger

I like how this thread was started with the aim of trolling the sensible people and ended up with the numbskulls getting themselves all het up and tying themselves in knots.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:34 - Oct 15 with 1913 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:58 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

I'm not sure "we've" established anything other than that you want to ignore the fact that he already had a contract. Being offered a new one should be based on his ability to perform on the pitch. His performances for Hurst were awful, he looked totally disinterested and a shadow of the player who went to the world cup, who wasn't the finished article even then.

If he wanted Hurst to give him a new contract, he should have showed some level of commitment to playing for Hurst and earned it. Hence me labelling him as a bit billy big time before he had earned it.

He'd been our first choice left back for 3 years. This isn't some kid wanting a big contract after playing 5 games. Sorry mate, but you are all over the place on this one. I see below you're now blaming McCarthy for Knudsen not signing a new deal, which is utterly bizarre.

The facts were very well documented. Our new manager chose not to offer him a deal the summer before his current deal was due to run out. The new new manager wanted to offer him a contact but by then we were adrift at the bottom of the Championship. Your narrative about him coming back from the World Cup thinking he was all that and not wanting to be here doesn't stack up to what actually happened.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 11:42]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:40 - Oct 15 with 1895 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:12 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

I mean he had the choice to play like he wanted a new contract and convince Hurst to give him one. There was zero evidence of that.

In our poor start to the season he was hardly particularly poor. Again, you seem to be engaging in revisionism to fit your narrative after ironically accusing others of revisionism. That you think the OP is "closer to the truth" speaks volumes. You don't seem interested in looking at what actually happened as it doesn't fit your narrative.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:41 - Oct 15 with 1889 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:29 - Oct 15 by LankHenners

Probably because the notion that Knudsen 'didn't fancy it' is pure conjecture. And if he didn't it'll be because of the reasons already given rather than because he couldn't be bothered.

Precisely this. It bears no relation to reality.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:51 - Oct 15 with 1882 viewsitfcjoe

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:22 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

He came in and played basically every game, the fact he could see that the club was going downhill because we'd sold all our best players and replaced them with league 1 players most likely helped him realise he needed out when the manager didn't attempt to massage his ego after a massive career high

He never gave less than 100% on the pitch, and played out his contract until the manager dropped him because he knew he was off and wanted to give Kenlock games which is fair enough - but Lambert wanted to tie him down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:12 - Oct 15 with 1853 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:28 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

Yeah ok mate. It doesn't matter what happened really does it, you've decided Jonas is a bad man and deserves it. He gone dogs abuse and do did Mick, Brentford being the worst example. It wasn't a couple of rogue individuals, it was targeted by chumps that planned their abuse in advance.

It doesn't matter what you hear because many of you deny the mick abuse despite the paedo songs being clear and the baying mob at Brentford being confirmed by multiple outside sources

What are you on about now? Good luck to Jonas, as I said before he's done better for himself than he would have done if he had stayed with us.

I have never once denied Mick got targeted by a bunch of morons or said Brentfordgate is fake news. I'm saying it had little direct bearing on what happened with Knudsen.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:24 - Oct 15 with 1833 viewsPJH

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:12 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

What are you on about now? Good luck to Jonas, as I said before he's done better for himself than he would have done if he had stayed with us.

I have never once denied Mick got targeted by a bunch of morons or said Brentfordgate is fake news. I'm saying it had little direct bearing on what happened with Knudsen.

I would think that at the time of the game at Brentford there were probably a few players that were wondering if they still wanted to play for those people.

There is no doubt that prior to that the players were happier and probably more relaxed playing away games than they were playing at 'home'.

It was also better being in the crowd at away games than it was at home-until Brentford.

You are right that it probably had no direct bearing on what ultimately happened with Jonas but I imagine it was part of a thought process added to by Hurst about how happy he was at ITFC.
No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:27 - Oct 15 with 1828 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:12 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

Knudsen was abused horribly by the crowd. He heard it, they made sure. You seem to deny that

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:27 - Oct 15 with 1828 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:34 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

He'd been our first choice left back for 3 years. This isn't some kid wanting a big contract after playing 5 games. Sorry mate, but you are all over the place on this one. I see below you're now blaming McCarthy for Knudsen not signing a new deal, which is utterly bizarre.

The facts were very well documented. Our new manager chose not to offer him a deal the summer before his current deal was due to run out. The new new manager wanted to offer him a contact but by then we were adrift at the bottom of the Championship. Your narrative about him coming back from the World Cup thinking he was all that and not wanting to be here doesn't stack up to what actually happened.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 11:42]

I'm afraid the facts don't match your narrative, which is ironic. The World cup started just 2 weeks after Hurst joined us as manager, and Jonas would have been at their training base for at least a week before that. Hurst had no window of opportunity to be negotiating a new contract with a player he had barely met, let alone seen kick a ball in anger.

McCarthy should have sorted Jonas' contract situation out or Evans picked it up when Mick went. To suggest it was Hurst who should have sorted it out over the summer is nonsense. Once he came back from the world cup he was already into the last year of his deal, with all the negotiating power that comes with that. Hurst chose to tell him to prove himself in a blue shirt first and Jonas didn't do that. Hence my assertion that he came back not up for the fight and of the opinion that either he would get a lucrative new deal or look elsewhere.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:37 - Oct 15 with 1816 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:27 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

Knudsen was abused horribly by the crowd. He heard it, they made sure. You seem to deny that

You can carry on putting words in my mouth if you like, but there is a world of difference between an isolated incident where a few idiots with an axe to grind against against the manager had a pop, and the idea that thousands of people gave him abuse every week until he felt he had no choice but to leave.

Jonas left because the club let his contract run down and he thought he was better than staying and fighting for a place in a team which was on the slide. Not because at one game a few morons gave him stick for supporting Mick.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:39 - Oct 15 with 1812 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:24 - Oct 15 by PJH

I would think that at the time of the game at Brentford there were probably a few players that were wondering if they still wanted to play for those people.

There is no doubt that prior to that the players were happier and probably more relaxed playing away games than they were playing at 'home'.

It was also better being in the crowd at away games than it was at home-until Brentford.

You are right that it probably had no direct bearing on what ultimately happened with Jonas but I imagine it was part of a thought process added to by Hurst about how happy he was at ITFC.

That's a fair and balanced argument. It may well have been a part of the picture, I just don't agree with blubfish suggesting it was the primary reason he left.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:39 - Oct 15 with 1813 viewsBlueBadger

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:53 - Oct 15 by BiGDonnie

How does one get considered for interbatioanl football?

This is literally your only win today.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:49 - Oct 15 with 1804 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:32 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

I like how this thread was started with the aim of trolling the sensible people and ended up with the numbskulls getting themselves all het up and tying themselves in knots.

Ironic for someone who invests so much time being the most tiresome troll on TWTD to label others "numbskulls"

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:51 - Oct 15 with 1799 viewsBlueBadger

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:49 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

Ironic for someone who invests so much time being the most tiresome troll on TWTD to label others "numbskulls"

Dry your eyes mate.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:51 - Oct 15 with 1796 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:37 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

You can carry on putting words in my mouth if you like, but there is a world of difference between an isolated incident where a few idiots with an axe to grind against against the manager had a pop, and the idea that thousands of people gave him abuse every week until he felt he had no choice but to leave.

Jonas left because the club let his contract run down and he thought he was better than staying and fighting for a place in a team which was on the slide. Not because at one game a few morons gave him stick for supporting Mick.

Not saying it is the primary reason, the primary thing was that a world cup player wanting to play at a higher level.

You repeating that it was just a few individuals at one game is a bit bizarre though. Proper numbskull revisionism.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:54 - Oct 15 with 1793 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:51 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

Not saying it is the primary reason, the primary thing was that a world cup player wanting to play at a higher level.

You repeating that it was just a few individuals at one game is a bit bizarre though. Proper numbskull revisionism.

Glad we got there in the end and you agree with me that he got too billy big time, thanks.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:57 - Oct 15 with 1789 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:27 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

I'm afraid the facts don't match your narrative, which is ironic. The World cup started just 2 weeks after Hurst joined us as manager, and Jonas would have been at their training base for at least a week before that. Hurst had no window of opportunity to be negotiating a new contract with a player he had barely met, let alone seen kick a ball in anger.

McCarthy should have sorted Jonas' contract situation out or Evans picked it up when Mick went. To suggest it was Hurst who should have sorted it out over the summer is nonsense. Once he came back from the world cup he was already into the last year of his deal, with all the negotiating power that comes with that. Hurst chose to tell him to prove himself in a blue shirt first and Jonas didn't do that. Hence my assertion that he came back not up for the fight and of the opinion that either he would get a lucrative new deal or look elsewhere.

Of course it was Hurst's job to sort out the contracts of players coming into the last year of their contract. To suggest otherwise is just silly. Lambert tried to sort his contract out within weeks of taking on the job but by then it was too late. Sorry mate, but you're wrong on this one and you are the one engaging in some quite significant revisionism which is ironic given how you entered the debate.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:04 - Oct 15 with 1782 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 12:57 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Of course it was Hurst's job to sort out the contracts of players coming into the last year of their contract. To suggest otherwise is just silly. Lambert tried to sort his contract out within weeks of taking on the job but by then it was too late. Sorry mate, but you're wrong on this one and you are the one engaging in some quite significant revisionism which is ironic given how you entered the debate.

You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true. Hurst didn't even get through the door until Jonas was off to the world cup, going into the final year of his deal. Those are facts, not revisionism. You say "within weeks" for Lambert, yet Hurst didn't even get that. The landscape when Lambert took the job was very different, of course he tried to hang onto an accomplished Championship player.

If you want to have a sensible discussion rather than the playground stuff of blubbers and badger, we can probably agree that Hurst didn't handle the situation well. Jonas clearly didn't respond to Hurst telling him he needed to prove himself, but I also think it's fair argument that Jonas got ideas above his actual achievements on the football pitch because of one world cup appearance.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:08 - Oct 15 with 1777 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 13:04 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true. Hurst didn't even get through the door until Jonas was off to the world cup, going into the final year of his deal. Those are facts, not revisionism. You say "within weeks" for Lambert, yet Hurst didn't even get that. The landscape when Lambert took the job was very different, of course he tried to hang onto an accomplished Championship player.

If you want to have a sensible discussion rather than the playground stuff of blubbers and badger, we can probably agree that Hurst didn't handle the situation well. Jonas clearly didn't respond to Hurst telling him he needed to prove himself, but I also think it's fair argument that Jonas got ideas above his actual achievements on the football pitch because of one world cup appearance.

If it was a fair argument there'd be some actual evidence for it, like him turning down a contract or not bothering to put the effort in. Given that neither of those things happened it's a much more reasonable position to say that the suggestion Knudsen simply got too big for his boots has no evidential basis and is revisionism.

I really don't get the argument that Hurst didn't have time to sort out the contract either. Jonas was back in July and played in preseason. He could easily have instructed ME to start negotiations, instead he decided to hold off and by the time anyone spoke to Knudsen about a new deal it was far too late. I don't know how you can say on the one hand that ME or Mick should have sorted his contract sooner on the one hand, whilst on the other hand saying it was right for Hurst not to offer him a deal. Wither we should have tried to tie him to a new deal or not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024