Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! 21:05 - Oct 14 with 9735 viewsArnieM

Thought he was going to be doing his career the world of good moving to the Swedish League ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:28 - Oct 15 with 1141 viewsSwansea_Blue

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:27 - Oct 15 by Keno

Of course he would, Ward is out injured

We have a winner.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:29 - Oct 15 with 1143 viewsBiGDonnie

Hahaha!

No2 in the list of 'players TWTD worshipped who was actually sh&te' just behind Skuse.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:30 - Oct 15 with 1133 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:29 - Oct 15 by BiGDonnie

Hahaha!

No2 in the list of 'players TWTD worshipped who was actually sh&te' just behind Skuse.

Eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:33 - Oct 15 with 1125 viewsBiGDonnie

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:30 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Eh?

Shall I write it a third time?

COYBs

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:35 - Oct 15 with 1116 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:33 - Oct 15 by BiGDonnie

Shall I write it a third time?

Try and turn it into something that is factually accurate and contributes to the debate. In its current form it's a load of nonsense.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:38 - Oct 15 with 1108 viewsKropotkin123

This thread just got weirder... Guess it is time for me to take down my Buddha-esq solid gold statue of Knudsen anyway.

Should make a tidy profit given the price of gold compared to when he left.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:39 - Oct 15 with 1101 viewsBiGDonnie

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:35 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Try and turn it into something that is factually accurate and contributes to the debate. In its current form it's a load of nonsense.

He's rubbish? Fact
He was worshipped by loads on here? Fact

COYBs

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:40 - Oct 15 with 1096 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:39 - Oct 15 by BiGDonnie

He's rubbish? Fact
He was worshipped by loads on here? Fact

Neither of those are facts.

Login to get fewer ads

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:46 - Oct 15 with 1074 viewsBiGDonnie

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:40 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Facts!

COYBs

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:49 - Oct 15 with 1075 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:40 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Lots of revisionism in this thread being presented as something other than opinion.

He came back from the world cup and decided to play hardball over his contract. He decided he was better than ITFC and wanted a move. Arguably long before he had earnt one, which combined with his public support for an unpopular manager, made him an easy target for some somewhat justified criticism.

He was neither a world beater nor a panel beater, but what happened with Knudsen actually had very little to do with McCarthy versus numbskulls. He wasn't driven out, he decided he could do better than us and clearly he has. Good luck to him. It's not in our interest to hang on to players who don't want to play for ITFC.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:52 - Oct 15 with 1064 viewsBluefish

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:49 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

Lots of revisionism in this thread being presented as something other than opinion.

He came back from the world cup and decided to play hardball over his contract. He decided he was better than ITFC and wanted a move. Arguably long before he had earnt one, which combined with his public support for an unpopular manager, made him an easy target for some somewhat justified criticism.

He was neither a world beater nor a panel beater, but what happened with Knudsen actually had very little to do with McCarthy versus numbskulls. He wasn't driven out, he decided he could do better than us and clearly he has. Good luck to him. It's not in our interest to hang on to players who don't want to play for ITFC.

He was targeted and abused in a horrendous way after he spoke out about liking Mick

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:55 - Oct 15 with 1065 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:52 - Oct 15 by Bluefish

He was targeted and abused in a horrendous way after he spoke out about liking Mick

What, on the internet? Blub. There was no significant change in fan attitudes towards him at games, despite his form taking a noticeable dip.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:30 - Oct 15 with 1039 viewsArnieM

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 23:07 - Oct 14 by textbackup

Wards footballing CV pisses on Knudsens, of his 19 seasons 7 of those have been in the premiership (171 appearances), with 50 international caps.
there is no doubt in my mind Ward is by far the better footballer. from what I've seen he can read the game brilliantly and uses the ball 100 times better than Knudsen.

Jonas had his good games, but very few and far between, IMO.

I agree with you , but many on here don't like the truth do they.

When Knudsen first joined Town , many were against him and I was one of the few that actually wanted him to come good and improve. But he only got so far. I'm afraid I lost all respect for him with his attitude once he returned from that world cup. He seemed to think he was better than this club and was all too ready to jump ship. He had his good games , but as you say not many.

The view that he's gone to some mega club and is playing European football and some how now a significantly better player I find laughable. The Swedish league is hardly a mega higher level . I doubt its any better than the Championship. He's at the biggest Club in that league ( bit like Celtic in SPL ), so shocker, they qualify for Europe and he wins medals. Would a Championship club go for him ? Well they didn't did they , so that's answers the question of how god he is given that he was a essentially a free agent. If he was still at this Club and so was Ward, I doubt he'd get a look in. I wonder if he crosses the half way line now ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:33 - Oct 15 with 1033 viewsHerbivore

That's not what happened. He came back from the World Cup and Hurst publicly said he was in no rush to offer Knudsen a new contract and he'd have to earn it. Lambert came in and wanted to offer him a deal straight away and couldn't believe we'd let it get to that stage. By that time we were adrift at the bottom and Knudsen wasn't really wanting to sign a new deal with a club destined for League 1. That's fair enough, he's better than that. The idea that he came back too big for his boots and wanted out just isn't accurate. He wasn't offered a new deal in the summer and by the time it was discussed it was too late.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:35]

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:38 - Oct 15 with 1027 viewsBlueBadger

I bet he's gutted he's not seeing loads of new grounds and playing Improved Football with us instead of worrying if he's in consideration for international football and playing in European competitions.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 12:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:42 - Oct 15 with 1014 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:30 - Oct 15 by ArnieM

I agree with you , but many on here don't like the truth do they.

When Knudsen first joined Town , many were against him and I was one of the few that actually wanted him to come good and improve. But he only got so far. I'm afraid I lost all respect for him with his attitude once he returned from that world cup. He seemed to think he was better than this club and was all too ready to jump ship. He had his good games , but as you say not many.

The view that he's gone to some mega club and is playing European football and some how now a significantly better player I find laughable. The Swedish league is hardly a mega higher level . I doubt its any better than the Championship. He's at the biggest Club in that league ( bit like Celtic in SPL ), so shocker, they qualify for Europe and he wins medals. Would a Championship club go for him ? Well they didn't did they , so that's answers the question of how god he is given that he was a essentially a free agent. If he was still at this Club and so was Ward, I doubt he'd get a look in. I wonder if he crosses the half way line now ?

To be fair I have you nearer to the truth than those who say Knudsen was quality and the fans drove him out.

He definitely came back from the world cup (where he played just one game) and tried to push his career on, well before he'd earned it. He did have a strong spell for us before the world cup and looked like he might go on to bigger things, but actually that was the ceiling of his form for us. When the going got tough with the trajectory the team were on, he didn't stand out as able to make a difference and clearly just wanted away.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:47 - Oct 15 with 1007 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:42 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

To be fair I have you nearer to the truth than those who say Knudsen was quality and the fans drove him out.

He definitely came back from the world cup (where he played just one game) and tried to push his career on, well before he'd earned it. He did have a strong spell for us before the world cup and looked like he might go on to bigger things, but actually that was the ceiling of his form for us. When the going got tough with the trajectory the team were on, he didn't stand out as able to make a difference and clearly just wanted away.

Yeah, we've established that you're not that well acquainted with the truth on this particular matter though. You mentioned previously the revisionism over Knudsen whilst engaging in a good deal of it yourself. He didn't come back thinking he was too good for us, Hurst chose not to offer him a contract. We didn't talk to him about a contract until after Lambert arrived, months after the World Cup.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:48]

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:53 - Oct 15 with 998 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:33 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

That's not what happened. He came back from the World Cup and Hurst publicly said he was in no rush to offer Knudsen a new contract and he'd have to earn it. Lambert came in and wanted to offer him a deal straight away and couldn't believe we'd let it get to that stage. By that time we were adrift at the bottom and Knudsen wasn't really wanting to sign a new deal with a club destined for League 1. That's fair enough, he's better than that. The idea that he came back too big for his boots and wanted out just isn't accurate. He wasn't offered a new deal in the summer and by the time it was discussed it was too late.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:35]

When a new manager comes in you have to prove yourself. As bad as Hurst was for us, nobody should be rewarded purely based on reputation and Knudsen's performances post world-cup were poor.

Which ever way you cut it, he didn't respond to the challenge and instead wanted out the door. That's never likely to endear you to the fanbase, particularly off the back of having publicly supported a manager against the overwhelming majority of fans who wanted to see the back of him. But Knudsen's decision to go was ultimately his own, he always had the choice to stay and put up a fight.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:53 - Oct 15 with 999 viewsBiGDonnie

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:38 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

I bet he's gutted he's not seeing loads of new grounds and playing Improved Football with us instead of worrying if he's in consideration for international football and playing in European competitions.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 12:38]

How does one get considered for interbatioanl football?

COYBs

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:56 - Oct 15 with 993 viewsHerbivore

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:53 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

When a new manager comes in you have to prove yourself. As bad as Hurst was for us, nobody should be rewarded purely based on reputation and Knudsen's performances post world-cup were poor.

Which ever way you cut it, he didn't respond to the challenge and instead wanted out the door. That's never likely to endear you to the fanbase, particularly off the back of having publicly supported a manager against the overwhelming majority of fans who wanted to see the back of him. But Knudsen's decision to go was ultimately his own, he always had the choice to stay and put up a fight.

You don't let a first team player go into the final year of their contract. Bart got a new contract in the summer to stop the same thing happening to him. Lambert tried to get him to sign a new deal but by then we were destined for League 1. Lambert said he couldn't believe we'd let that situation happen. I know that doesn't tally with the narrative of him coming back from the World Cup too big for his boots, but then false narratives never do well when reality hits.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:57 - Oct 15 with 988 viewsm14_blue

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 09:29 - Oct 15 by BiGDonnie

Hahaha!

I mean, this is just bonkers.

Knudsen was good, he wasn't amazing but he was good. Really solid and very reliable, which is pretty much all you can hope for from a Championship left back.
No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:58 - Oct 15 with 984 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:47 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Yeah, we've established that you're not that well acquainted with the truth on this particular matter though. You mentioned previously the revisionism over Knudsen whilst engaging in a good deal of it yourself. He didn't come back thinking he was too good for us, Hurst chose not to offer him a contract. We didn't talk to him about a contract until after Lambert arrived, months after the World Cup.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:48]

I'm not sure "we've" established anything other than that you want to ignore the fact that he already had a contract. Being offered a new one should be based on his ability to perform on the pitch. His performances for Hurst were awful, he looked totally disinterested and a shadow of the player who went to the world cup, who wasn't the finished article even then.

If he wanted Hurst to give him a new contract, he should have showed some level of commitment to playing for Hurst and earned it. Hence me labelling him as a bit billy big time before he had earned it.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:05 - Oct 15 with 973 viewsSouperJim

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 10:56 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

You don't let a first team player go into the final year of their contract. Bart got a new contract in the summer to stop the same thing happening to him. Lambert tried to get him to sign a new deal but by then we were destined for League 1. Lambert said he couldn't believe we'd let that situation happen. I know that doesn't tally with the narrative of him coming back from the World Cup too big for his boots, but then false narratives never do well when reality hits.

I completely agree that the club shouldn't let first team players get into the final year of their contracts, but we have Evans and McCarthy to thank for that. It doesn't change the fact that Knudsen had the choice to stay and rise to the challenge, rather than decide he was now bigger than ITFC and pack his bags.

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:08 - Oct 15 with 972 viewsitfcjoe

It's a bit silly as a bottom end Championship club letting a player go off to a World Cup as they go into the least year of their deal - it's even sillier after that player plays well in a knockout game for the tinpot manager to say he needs to come back here and prove himself to me.

The tone struck with both Bart and Knudsen cost the club a lot of money - it was another area Hurst f*cked up in the summer we are still recovering from

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:09 - Oct 15 with 965 viewsPJH

No Knudsen in the Danish squad I see ! on 11:05 - Oct 15 by SouperJim

I completely agree that the club shouldn't let first team players get into the final year of their contracts, but we have Evans and McCarthy to thank for that. It doesn't change the fact that Knudsen had the choice to stay and rise to the challenge, rather than decide he was now bigger than ITFC and pack his bags.

Actually he did not have the choice to stay because however well he had or had not played in 2018/19 if the club did not offer him a new contract he became unemployed on 30th June 2019.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024