Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. 09:59 - Nov 16 with 4376 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Who plays the anchor role next 3 games (Shrewsbury, Hull, Charlton).

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:01 - Nov 16 with 2687 viewshype313

McGavin?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:01 - Nov 16 with 2693 viewsStokieBlue

Would be nice to give McGavin a chance - he looked good but perhaps not ready for the calibre of teams we are going to be playing.

Perhaps a change of formation might have to be made.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:03 - Nov 16 with 2678 viewsWoolfenthen

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:01 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

Would be nice to give McGavin a chance - he looked good but perhaps not ready for the calibre of teams we are going to be playing.

Perhaps a change of formation might have to be made.

SB

yet was the star man against Pompey's first team??
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:04 - Nov 16 with 2663 viewsHerbivore

Hasn't Dozzell already served a game or two of his ban?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:05 - Nov 16 with 2651 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:04 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

Hasn't Dozzell already served a game or two of his ban?

Yes fa cup

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:06 - Nov 16 with 2652 viewsStokieBlue

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:03 - Nov 16 by Woolfenthen

yet was the star man against Pompey's first team??

That was one game. I said he was an option but Hull and Charlton will be very hard matches.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:08 - Nov 16 with 2639 viewsclive_baker

Expect he'll put Nolan in there and play Bishop & Judge either side. Probably the right call for Shrewsbury and a case of seeing how that one goes I would say.

Holy
Chambers Woolfy McGuinness Ward
Judge Nolan Bishop
Lankester Norwood Edwards

Will he go for something like that? Maybe Sears for Lankester? McGavin on the bench. Hawkins & Jackson on the bench? The more I see of this formation the less I think it suits us tbh. We might as well go 4-4-2 if we're not accommodating Dozzell, leave Judge out and have Jackson and Norwood as a front 2.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:10 - Nov 16 with 2613 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:08 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

Expect he'll put Nolan in there and play Bishop & Judge either side. Probably the right call for Shrewsbury and a case of seeing how that one goes I would say.

Holy
Chambers Woolfy McGuinness Ward
Judge Nolan Bishop
Lankester Norwood Edwards

Will he go for something like that? Maybe Sears for Lankester? McGavin on the bench. Hawkins & Jackson on the bench? The more I see of this formation the less I think it suits us tbh. We might as well go 4-4-2 if we're not accommodating Dozzell, leave Judge out and have Jackson and Norwood as a front 2.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him break up the woolf and mcguiness partnership and put in Wilson or possibly Wilson and and toto

It would be a big mistake for me. Those 2 should be left to learn together and grow as a pair

Login to get fewer ads

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:12 - Nov 16 with 2610 viewsSomethingBlue

Would be tempted to give McGavin a go there against Shrewsbury and see if he does well enough to keep his place for Hull. Otherwise I'd go for Nolan-Huws-Bishop, which should have just enough balance.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:14 - Nov 16 with 2600 viewshomer_123

Huws or McGavin.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:18 - Nov 16 with 2572 viewsclive_baker

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:10 - Nov 16 by Bluefish

I wouldn't be surprised to see him break up the woolf and mcguiness partnership and put in Wilson or possibly Wilson and and toto

It would be a big mistake for me. Those 2 should be left to learn together and grow as a pair

If we want to start Hawkins + 1 in a front 2 and go more direct, then crack on and change the 2 central defenders, but if we're going to maintain this way of playing out from the back we've got zero hope with Wilson and Toto. Wilson is a solid enough blocker at this level but don't expect him to play football, and Toto's a liability quite frankly. He seems to have a glaring error in him most weeks, he's just not very street wise.

I'm not averse to 4-4-2, especially if we're not accommodating Dozzell.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:42 - Nov 16 with 2493 viewsSomethingBlue

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:18 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

If we want to start Hawkins + 1 in a front 2 and go more direct, then crack on and change the 2 central defenders, but if we're going to maintain this way of playing out from the back we've got zero hope with Wilson and Toto. Wilson is a solid enough blocker at this level but don't expect him to play football, and Toto's a liability quite frankly. He seems to have a glaring error in him most weeks, he's just not very street wise.

I'm not averse to 4-4-2, especially if we're not accommodating Dozzell.

Wouldn't want to change the system against Shrewsbury, we need to keep working at it and even with current unbalanced resources we should have enough to beat them on Saturday.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:51 - Nov 16 with 2463 viewstractorboy1978

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:06 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

That was one game. I said he was an option but Hull and Charlton will be very hard matches.

SB

Well he did more in that one game than Huws has done all season. If we don't trust him now, when are we going to?
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:00 - Nov 16 with 2416 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:42 - Nov 16 by SomethingBlue

Wouldn't want to change the system against Shrewsbury, we need to keep working at it and even with current unbalanced resources we should have enough to beat them on Saturday.

I wouldn't want to change the system but I would want to change the manager. Perhaps try and get a real one in before then

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:01 - Nov 16 with 2420 viewsMookamoo

I'd like to see Woolfenden. He's a good enough footballer to play there.

Play McGuinness and Wilson at the back.
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:02 - Nov 16 with 2413 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:01 - Nov 16 by hype313

McGavin?

Would be my preference.

Although think Lambert will go

Bishop - Nolan - Huws (or Judge or Lankester)

But think Nolan will be the central choice.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:02 - Nov 16 with 2405 viewsSomethingBlue

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:00 - Nov 16 by Bluefish

I wouldn't want to change the system but I would want to change the manager. Perhaps try and get a real one in before then

Given that won't happen, what's your midfield for Shrewsbury?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:04 - Nov 16 with 2395 viewsDarth_Koont

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:01 - Nov 16 by hype313

McGavin?

Agreed.

I’d go for Nolan, Huws and McGavin playing a flatter three with Nolan in particular getting forward more and McGavin tending to stay back.

Edit: Cancel that. For some reason I completely ignored Bishop. He’s got to start. So McGavin will probably drop to the bench unless he takes Huws place.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 11:08]

Pronouns: He/Him

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:04 - Nov 16 with 2401 viewscatch74

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:00 - Nov 16 by Bluefish

So you’ve finally nailed your colours to the mast, you’re a Lambert outer!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:07 - Nov 16 with 2396 viewsclive_baker

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:51 - Nov 16 by tractorboy1978

Well he did more in that one game than Huws has done all season. If we don't trust him now, when are we going to?

Equally, if McGavin starts ahead of Huws on Saturday when Dozzell, Downes and Skuse are all out, then you would have to question what the future holds for poor Emyr. I wouldn't start him, as he's been pants, but that would be very telling.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:08 - Nov 16 with 2382 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:07 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

Equally, if McGavin starts ahead of Huws on Saturday when Dozzell, Downes and Skuse are all out, then you would have to question what the future holds for poor Emyr. I wouldn't start him, as he's been pants, but that would be very telling.

You've just said it yourself.

He's been poor, and he is someway down the pecking order now.

Contract expires in the summer, would suspect won't be offered new terms.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:09 - Nov 16 with 2376 viewstractorboy1978

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:07 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

I think Huws is gone at the end of this season regardless of what happens.
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:20 - Nov 16 with 2334 viewsitfcjoe

It's only 2 games, but still a big question.

I would like to see McGavin get a go, thought he really stepped up v Pompey and desreves the shot - plus has a good set piece on him.

I think other option is to sit Huws and Nolan as a two there with Bishop advanced, but I'd like to see McGavin get a go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:22 - Nov 16 with 2325 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:09 - Nov 16 by tractorboy1978

I think Huws is gone at the end of this season regardless of what happens.

I think by my opinion there is lot that will be heading for the exit door in the summer.

I think expiring contracts are; Wright, Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam, Judge, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan

I understand some of them have options

Dozzell/Bishop/Edwards/El Mizouni/Drinan - only ones I'd be looking to renegotiate there.

EDIT: Chambers and Ward - should have been added.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 12:23]

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:49 - Nov 16 with 2246 viewsJackPITFC

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:22 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think by my opinion there is lot that will be heading for the exit door in the summer.

I think expiring contracts are; Wright, Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam, Judge, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan

I understand some of them have options

Dozzell/Bishop/Edwards/El Mizouni/Drinan - only ones I'd be looking to renegotiate there.

EDIT: Chambers and Ward - should have been added.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 12:23]

So you wouldn't extend Chambers? ridiculous if you ask me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024