Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history 13:20 - Dec 16 with 13520 viewsSpruceMoose

It can't just be me who finds this both shocking and appalling? Britain is a wealthy country. There is money available for so many ridiculous things, but not food for some of our most impoverished children?

I can't even begin to get into the mindset that celebrates the unfathomable amounts that Brexit will cost the UK, but at the same time strokes the chin and gets the calculator out to decide that we can't afford to help our most vulnerable through a pandemic. Wonderful.

Damn the Conservatives, damn anyone who voted for them and damn anyone who still supports them.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-for-the-first-time-in-its-history-unicef-wil
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 13:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 13:25 - Dec 16 with 3737 viewsfactual_blue

Please direct your concerns to man of the people Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax, tory MP for South Dorset and sugar plantation owner.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:31 - Dec 16 with 3730 viewsBloots

.....a once powerful club/country that has gradually slipped from it's lofty position due to a succession of crap managers/leaders that surround themselves with yes man and simpletons.

There's been a chronic level of underfunding in both cases and the money that is spent is simply frittered away on bad investments.

Both are now getting handouts from other organisations as they stumble from one disaster to another.

Unfortunately for both, I fear the worst is yet to come.

What a club/country.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:35 - Dec 16 with 3676 viewsfooters

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:31 - Dec 16 by Bloots

.....a once powerful club/country that has gradually slipped from it's lofty position due to a succession of crap managers/leaders that surround themselves with yes man and simpletons.

There's been a chronic level of underfunding in both cases and the money that is spent is simply frittered away on bad investments.

Both are now getting handouts from other organisations as they stumble from one disaster to another.

What a club/country.

Is Donacien equivalent to Test and Trace, or how are we playing this game?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:38 - Dec 16 with 3670 viewsDubtractor

What a club/country.

How depressingly spot on.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 13:41 - Dec 16 with 3659 viewsDarth_Koont

Unfortunately this has been shameful negligence by successive governments, politicians of all stripes, the media and the overwhelming majority of the population.

Backing Rashford on the Free School Meal issue was the barest of minimums and will inevitably become nothing more than token virtue signalling. There’ll be nothing like the backing for Rashford’s wider campaign and we’ll go back to ignoring systemic poverty (and it’s long-term effects and costs) for millions of British children.

I think there’s a popular idea that talking about this stuff is too negative and isn’t “getting behind your country”.

Pronouns: He/Him

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:43 - Dec 16 with 3652 viewsfactual_blue

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:35 - Dec 16 by footers

Is Donacien equivalent to Test and Trace, or how are we playing this game?

Is dido harding paul lambert?

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:44 - Dec 16 with 3648 viewsfooters

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:43 - Dec 16 by factual_blue

And Brexit is hurst.

This has got legs.

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 13:50 - Dec 16 with 3642 viewseireblue

I think I will step in for the PAZ MAN here.

See, no need for the Government to feed Children during Holidays, already covered, everything is fine and dandy with me, thanks for asking.
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:59 - Dec 16 with 3597 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:43 - Dec 16 by factual_blue

Paulie has been a bit more Priti Patel just lately

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:00 - Dec 16 with 3597 viewsfactual_blue

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:44 - Dec 16 by footers

And Brexit is hurst.

This has got legs.

Because he's in the past and we should get over it?

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:05 - Dec 16 with 3584 viewsfactual_blue

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 13:59 - Dec 16 by You_Bloo_Right

Paulie has been a bit more Priti Patel just lately

So that means Phil Ham is Sir Philip Rutnam....

The tonsorial area looks about right

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 14:06 - Dec 16 with 3584 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

"to decide that we can't afford to help our most vulnerable through a pandemic"

.. and not just during a pandemic.

2020 was meant to be the year we eradicated child poverty in the UK.

https://act.cpag.org.uk/page/23590/donate/1?ea.tracking.id=iox212n3

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 14:12 - Dec 16 with 3564 viewsfactual_blue

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 14:06 - Dec 16 by You_Bloo_Right

"to decide that we can't afford to help our most vulnerable through a pandemic"

.. and not just during a pandemic.

2020 was meant to be the year we eradicated child poverty in the UK.

https://act.cpag.org.uk/page/23590/donate/1?ea.tracking.id=iox212n3

So long as Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax, tory MP for South Dorset and sugar plantation owner is cared for, all will be well.

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:14 - Dec 16 with 3564 viewsBlueBadger

What a club/country.

You forgot the bit where a bunch of entitled thickos demanded the removal of a dull-but-solid trading bloc/manager because they foolisihly believed were holding them back.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 14:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 14:14 - Dec 16 with 3560 viewsfooters

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 14:12 - Dec 16 by factual_blue

So long as Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax, tory MP for South Dorset and sugar plantation owner is cared for, all will be well.

Crazy name, crazy guy?!

But at least we can stop giving our money to these foreign sorts now and help our own for a change. Or something.

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 14:15 - Dec 16 with 3556 viewsJ2BLUE

Utterly disgusting. So embarrassing to take money away from areas which really need it. In a sane country the Tories would be locked out of Downing Street for a generation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Let's take back control" = "In Mick we Rust" (n/t) on 14:16 - Dec 16 with 3556 viewsBloots

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:14 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

You forgot the bit where a bunch of entitled thickos demanded the removal of a dull-but-solid trading bloc/manager because they foolisihly believed were holding them back.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 14:56]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

"Let's take back control" = "In Mick we Rust" (n/t) on 14:22 - Dec 16 with 3538 viewsBlueBadger

"Let's take back control" = "In Mick we Rust" (n/t) on 14:16 - Dec 16 by Bloots

A venn diagram of these people would basically be a circle.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:25 - Dec 16 with 3527 viewsBlueBadger

Local councils are taking some decisions out of the governments hands by BlueBadger 14 Dec 2020 14:25
As I've said numerous times before, Boris is the Lambert of politicians.

He's patently incompetent, should have been shown the door ages ago, loves a shallow soundbite, prefers to start culture wars than address problems and only a fool would think he deserves to carry on in his role.

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:39 - Dec 16 with 3493 viewsIllinoisblue

What a club/country.

Lee O’Neill playing the role of Matt Hancock.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:51 - Dec 16 with 3475 viewsBlueBadger

What a club/country.

In this analogy what would this make Mick? Gordon Brown?

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 15:19 - Dec 16 with 3427 views26_Paz

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 13:50 - Dec 16 by eireblue

I think I will step in for the PAZ MAN here.

See, no need for the Government to feed Children during Holidays, already covered, everything is fine and dandy with me, thanks for asking.

No need to speak for me.
How do these things sit with food banks? Are they instead of or as well as?

The Paz Man

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 15:20 - Dec 16 with 3439 viewsTangledupin_Blue

ITFC is a perfect facsimile of Great Britain..... on 14:51 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

In this analogy what would this make Mick? Gordon Brown?

Q) What would that make Mick?

A) God.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 15:25 - Dec 16 with 3416 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 15:19 - Dec 16 by 26_Paz

No need to speak for me.
How do these things sit with food banks? Are they instead of or as well as?

How is that relevant?

Our shame, and we should be ashamed, is that it is necessary to have such things as food banks and now necessary for UNICEF to intervene in an attempt to tackle child poverty whether that be to replace or enhance the help given by food banks.

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 15:29 - Dec 16 with 3378 views26_Paz

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history on 15:25 - Dec 16 by You_Bloo_Right

How is that relevant?

Our shame, and we should be ashamed, is that it is necessary to have such things as food banks and now necessary for UNICEF to intervene in an attempt to tackle child poverty whether that be to replace or enhance the help given by food banks.

I’m just trying to get straight in my own head where all this fits in. Those in need in this country have the benefits system, free school meals and as a last resort they have food banks. I’m just trying to be clear in my own head where in that existing system this unicef package fits in.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024