Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? 21:04 - Jan 18 with 1698 views3_5_2

Or even straight up promotion.

Genuine question and if so, why do you think that ?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 21:06 - Jan 18 with 1538 viewschrismakin

Yes because greenshoots etc

Honestly. No chance at all

The next two games will literally show how far away from promotion we are

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 21:10 - Jan 18 with 1516 viewsJ2BLUE

I believe we will make the play offs because I have to. I cannot accept that our season is over in mid January in league one. I have convinced myself that with the players coming back we will have enough in spite of Lambert. We probably won't but I can't give up hope as it's pretty bloody bleak accepting we've got half a season which is meaningless and then we're stuck here just as the advantage of bigger clubs is taken away.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 21:20 - Jan 18 with 1493 views3_5_2

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 21:10 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

I believe we will make the play offs because I have to. I cannot accept that our season is over in mid January in league one. I have convinced myself that with the players coming back we will have enough in spite of Lambert. We probably won't but I can't give up hope as it's pretty bloody bleak accepting we've got half a season which is meaningless and then we're stuck here just as the advantage of bigger clubs is taken away.

This is where I am hence asking the question

For the Sky game v Swindon I never moved when we scored either goal and cannot
remember being so unbothered by winning v Burton

I’m not far off just checking the results the next day

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 22:03 - Jan 18 with 1435 viewsIllinoisblue

Think we may stumble into the top six. We’ve been rubbish for weeks but are still well in contention. Our bigger squad should help us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 22:09 - Jan 18 with 1416 viewsQuilterstown

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 22:03 - Jan 18 by Illinoisblue

Think we may stumble into the top six. We’ve been rubbish for weeks but are still well in contention. Our bigger squad should help us.

Yes, i think it's possible. It would be hard to keep up this level of ineptitude for the rest of the season. And i wonder if the sheer size of our squad may be an advantage as injuries affect other clubs.
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 22:55 - Jan 18 with 1360 views3_5_2

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 22:09 - Jan 18 by Quilterstown

Yes, i think it's possible. It would be hard to keep up this level of ineptitude for the rest of the season. And i wonder if the sheer size of our squad may be an advantage as injuries affect other clubs.

Interesting point.

It will all be forgotten when the open top bus is doing the rounds !

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 00:41 - Jan 19 with 1315 viewsMrTown

Possibly making two good additions, squad is getting back to fitness.

We’ve been shocking in recent times, and that should and probably still will equate to ‘no chance at all’. But there is a sneaky feeling in me we could stumble in because nobody is consistent this year at all.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 0:42]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 02:21 - Jan 19 with 1284 viewsBugs

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 00:41 - Jan 19 by MrTown

Possibly making two good additions, squad is getting back to fitness.

We’ve been shocking in recent times, and that should and probably still will equate to ‘no chance at all’. But there is a sneaky feeling in me we could stumble in because nobody is consistent this year at all.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 0:42]

If we get in a half decent manager I think we have a stonking chance of making top 2.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 09:01 - Jan 19 with 1131 viewsBluefish

We possibly could much like if I buy a ticket I could win the lottery. We would then have to win them though to make it worthwhile. Finishing in the playoffs and not winning them is not really any different to finishing 7th or 8th this season. It is completely make or break for the future of the club.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 09:22 - Jan 19 with 1116 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 09:01 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

We possibly could much like if I buy a ticket I could win the lottery. We would then have to win them though to make it worthwhile. Finishing in the playoffs and not winning them is not really any different to finishing 7th or 8th this season. It is completely make or break for the future of the club.

It's like we success as giving ourselves a 1 in 4 chance of going up by getting in the play offs.

We should be targetting the top 2, PL should be being judged about how far we fall away from the race for that, not the one for the top 6

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 09:25 - Jan 19 with 1104 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd probably back us to get to the the play-offs but the problem is what happens beyond that — just can't see us coming through three tough games, there's absolutely nothing to say we can.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 09:25 - Jan 19 with 1097 viewsBluefish

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 09:22 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

It's like we success as giving ourselves a 1 in 4 chance of going up by getting in the play offs.

We should be targetting the top 2, PL should be being judged about how far we fall away from the race for that, not the one for the top 6

Agree, the play offs are the most misleading thing going. People get excited because we are in touching distance of 6th. That means we are at least 5 places off 2nd. The play offs are a consolation not a target

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 13:29 - Jan 19 with 1025 viewsstonojnr

Well it might be surprising giving the all pervading gloom around here, but at the moment based on current season form, we are on target to comfortably make the play offs, automatic promotion would require an uptick in form though, and obviously if they got stuck in a losing rut we'd probably miss out. But 80points is a reasonable play off target if you want to measure progress.

So that may explain why Lambert hasnt been shown the door as promptly as some would like.
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 13:33 - Jan 19 with 1014 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 13:29 - Jan 19 by stonojnr

Well it might be surprising giving the all pervading gloom around here, but at the moment based on current season form, we are on target to comfortably make the play offs, automatic promotion would require an uptick in form though, and obviously if they got stuck in a losing rut we'd probably miss out. But 80points is a reasonable play off target if you want to measure progress.

So that may explain why Lambert hasnt been shown the door as promptly as some would like.

There are 6 teams with a better points per game than us who are on target to comfortably make the play offs also - plus none of them picked up nearly half their points in the first 6 games of the season with the other half coming in the next 14 games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 13:50 - Jan 19 with 982 viewsjayessess

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 13:29 - Jan 19 by stonojnr

We are 7th on points per game, so certainly not "comfortably".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 14:00 - Jan 19 with 963 viewsTieDyedIn95

No. I don't think the club do either, they are just trotting out the nonsense to get the super fans to renew.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 14:10 - Jan 19 with 948 viewsandytown

As ever...hope...

I remember about 10? years ago, Palace were having a right rough time of it at the bottom of the Championship, then went on a stonking run as I remember and ended up winning the play offs I think, don’t remember exactly. They may even had made the automatics, but as I say I don’t remember and I can’t be bothered to look it up.

So I keep clinging to that, realistically these next 2 games will tell us all we need to know.
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 14:33 - Jan 19 with 928 viewsjayessess

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 14:10 - Jan 19 by andytown

As ever...hope...

I remember about 10? years ago, Palace were having a right rough time of it at the bottom of the Championship, then went on a stonking run as I remember and ended up winning the play offs I think, don’t remember exactly. They may even had made the automatics, but as I say I don’t remember and I can’t be bothered to look it up.

So I keep clinging to that, realistically these next 2 games will tell us all we need to know.

17/18 years ago, they were bottom in December and took 51 points from the last 24 games (that'd be 99 over the course of a whole season). Of course, they did sack the manager who presided over their bad start...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 15:24 - Jan 19 with 890 viewsandytown

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 14:33 - Jan 19 by jayessess

17/18 years ago, they were bottom in December and took 51 points from the last 24 games (that'd be 99 over the course of a whole season). Of course, they did sack the manager who presided over their bad start...

Didn’t know about the sacking the manager part! 17/18 years you say. Bloody hell
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 889 viewspeterleeblue

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 14:33 - Jan 19 by jayessess

Yes they beat Mick McCarthys Sunderland. I am sure Dowie was the manager as well.
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 17:00 - Jan 19 with 859 viewsChrisd

The way we have been playing recently, our lack of a serious threat in the final third and our continued dreadful form against sides in the top 6, no. However, a couple of new faces during this transfer window with proven quality and pedigree could tip the scales.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 17:08 - Jan 19 with 850 viewsStadiumofdark

I think we'll finish 2nd, despite Lambert, not because of him.

Based on nothing, other than lock-down boredom and too much Brew Dog
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 17:24 - Jan 19 with 834 viewsOsborneOneNil

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 22:03 - Jan 18 by Illinoisblue

The frightening thing is, imagine if we somehow 'stumbled' into the play offs, then miraculously won......just think how next season would be with Lambert in charge.

It's hard to know what to want.
Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 17:30 - Jan 19 with 813 viewsChrisd

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 17:24 - Jan 19 by OsborneOneNil

The frightening thing is, imagine if we somehow 'stumbled' into the play offs, then miraculously won......just think how next season would be with Lambert in charge.

It's hard to know what to want.

Let’s not try to worry about the prospect of that car crash. We should be building a team showing the capability to be able to compete with a couple of shrewd additions ala Coventry City in the Championship, but we look a long way off that under this manager currently. Perhaps Thomas and Harrop might provide that spark we desperately need. At the moment, we look a top half L1 side, nothing more.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Does anyone honestly believe that we will get in the play offs this season ? on 18:03 - Jan 19 with 765 viewstractordownsouth

Nah - I predict a 9th placed finish.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024