Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Ames Guardian writer 21:44 - Jan 23 with 6606 viewsBeattie78

Apologies if already posted by someone

LexdenBlue62

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 4724 viewsjasondozzell

Eloquent and perceptive summing up of all that is wrong at ITFC
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 21:45 - Jan 23 with 4708 viewsWD19

‘manager’ is certainly quite a key area.
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 21:46 - Jan 23 with 4685 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea that Nick Ames is alright...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 21:49 - Jan 23 with 4655 viewsBluedanW

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 21:45 - Jan 23 by WD19

‘manager’ is certainly quite a key area.

At least the club are getting a battering nationally now and not just from the local media
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:05 - Jan 23 with 4500 viewsElderGrizzly

More national media picking up on our incompetence. Think Moose has underestimated what we need!

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:06 - Jan 23 with 4466 viewschrismakin

What I never realised is Lambert was given his contract extension with 18 months left of his original contract... what the hell was the rush, it wasn't like he was going to be poached.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:08 - Jan 23 with 4438 viewsBlueBadger

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:06 - Jan 23 by chrismakin

What I never realised is Lambert was given his contract extension with 18 months left of his original contract... what the hell was the rush, it wasn't like he was going to be poached.

Lest we forget, he negotiated it when we were on a freak run of 12 games unbeaten and Lambert was starting to make noises about moving on. He played Evans like Paganinni.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 22:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:10 - Jan 23 with 4408 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:06 - Jan 23 by chrismakin

Stability is one of the points in Evans’ worthless 5 point plan isn’t it. He’s stubbornly sticking to that despite the obvious damage being done. It’s nothing short of a disaster for us. He’s got no idea.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:13 - Jan 23 with 4385 viewsFixed_It

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 21:46 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Yea that Nick Ames is alright...

There's certainly Something about him...
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 22:13]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:16 - Jan 23 with 4350 viewsdominiciawful

Sums it up very well indeed.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:27 - Jan 23 with 4249 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:08 - Jan 23 by BlueBadger

Lest we forget, he negotiated it when we were on a freak run of 12 games unbeaten and Lambert was starting to make noises about moving on. He played Evans like Paganinni.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 22:12]

The deal was announced when we were on the back of our first bad run of the season. Supporters actually thought he was going to get the boot so it was a hell of a surprise when the club said he had a new five year contract under his hat.

A mad, bad decision.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:33 - Jan 23 with 4203 viewsvapour_trail

He’s a really good journalist. It’s been great to watch him go through the ranks after seeing him on here as a student. Pretty sure he will end up as chief correspondent / football writer somewhere.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:35 - Jan 23 with 4189 viewsdavblue

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:33 - Jan 23 by vapour_trail

He’s a really good journalist. It’s been great to watch him go through the ranks after seeing him on here as a student. Pretty sure he will end up as chief correspondent / football writer somewhere.

Think he’s great on here. Points are well constructed, thought out and have some meaning to them.
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:40 - Jan 23 with 4124 viewsvapour_trail

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:35 - Jan 23 by davblue

Think he’s great on here. Points are well constructed, thought out and have some meaning to them.

Shame he’s got stuck with arsenal though. 20 years ago that would have been the top gig, watching henry, pires and bergkamp.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:43 - Jan 23 with 4108 viewsMelford

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 22:35 - Jan 23 by davblue

He's a very good writer, a lot of them ***ked off to the Athletic and and Nick is one who has come along in the wake of that and has done really well, not trying to be to clever just putting the facts across in an engaging way. When I see he's got an article up I'll read it and he's pretty much our only hope of getting the story out about how badly this club is run in terms of mainstream media.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 23:09 - Jan 23 with 3908 viewstetchris

Couldn’t of put it better myself. Sums up the club precisely.
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 23:59 - Jan 23 with 3738 viewsPhilTWTD

The point about season ticket sales - and also fans being helpful when it comes to this season's refunds, of course - is one I have made to the club on a number of occasions regarding the current mood among the support, my ban etc and they seem to shrug it off, believing the mood can be changed with one action, sacking the manager, but I'm not so sure that will entirely lance the boil as things stand presently, particularly given ME's record on appointing managers off the merry-go-round.
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:06 - Jan 24 with 3672 viewstonybied

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 23:59 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

The point about season ticket sales - and also fans being helpful when it comes to this season's refunds, of course - is one I have made to the club on a number of occasions regarding the current mood among the support, my ban etc and they seem to shrug it off, believing the mood can be changed with one action, sacking the manager, but I'm not so sure that will entirely lance the boil as things stand presently, particularly given ME's record on appointing managers off the merry-go-round.

It does make me wonder if the plan is to hang on to Lambert until season ticket renewals are due just to try and give some incentive to buy rather than bin him off now and find fans are unhappy with the new manager again by the time renewals are going out.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 0:15]
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:09 - Jan 24 with 3667 viewsPhilTWTD

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:06 - Jan 24 by tonybied

It does make me wonder if the plan is to hang on to Lambert until season ticket renewals are due just to try and give some incentive to buy rather than bin him off now and find fans are unhappy with the new manager again by the time renewals are going out.

I think things are coming to a head, couple of people said to me today we're entering the endgame, the outcome of these three games, today, Sunderland and Crewe, being crucial for PL's survival.
huh lolwut? (n/t) on 00:12 - Jan 24 with 3610 viewsDyland

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:06 - Jan 24 by tonybied

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:14 - Jan 24 with 3591 viewstonybied

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:09 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

I think things are coming to a head, couple of people said to me today we're entering the endgame, the outcome of these three games, today, Sunderland and Crewe, being crucial for PL's survival.

If only there was some way we could win these games and still dislodge the poison that's rotting at our club
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 0:16]
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:16 - Jan 24 with 3570 viewsCoco

Draw, win, keep on plodding

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:19 - Jan 24 with 3545 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:36 - Jan 24 with 3470 viewsPhilTWTD

Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:16 - Jan 24 by Coco

Draw, win, keep on plodding

Yes, well that is rather what's happened over the last few months, isn't it? No really long run of losses which would make a decision inevitable.
Nick Ames Guardian writer on 00:44 - Jan 24 with 3433 viewsIllinoisblue

The mere mention of the word endgame has me mildly aroused.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024