Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? 09:28 - Feb 28 with 10090 viewsMaySixth

He has been wonderful of late and justifying the Shrewsbury hype.
He will probably have a bad game in him soon but I hope he we stick with him.
I wonder if his form is possibly pyschologically linked with not taking the knee?
He is making a personal stand before the game and then standing out in games as well.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:28 - Feb 28 with 745 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:07 - Feb 28 by wkj

Not all refugees are trying to come to the UK. Besides, it isn't the choice of the refugees most of the time, it is the choice of whoever is extorting them and organising their passage.

And very often, those extorting them are British nationals.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:30 - Feb 28 with 718 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:21 - Feb 28 by footers

Paz, you know you dun goofed when footers is out here uppying Glassers.

I've seen hens teeth more often :-)

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:30 - Feb 28 with 736 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:28 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

The French navy as uselwss as they have always been then.

But at least your earlier questions were answered hey? What are your thoughts now you know?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:31 - Feb 28 with 731 viewsfooters

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:30 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

I've seen hens teeth more often :-)

Could be the start of the board's weirdest bromance?

Should be fine, let's just not talk about politics.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:42 - Feb 28 with 707 viewseireblue

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:04 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

I would just like to know the reason that many of these illegal or non illegal immigrants decide to get in a dinghy and risk their lives and their children's lives to be put in a hostel or worse?
When they could claim asylum in France? As many on here life is so much better living in the European Union. So what is the desperation to get to this country?
I know many have fled war torn countries and persecution, but why do they need to take that extra risk of getting here?
When they are safely in Europe. Why do they not demand more from the French and Italian governments that they have travelled across?

Why don’t you ask some asylum seekers?

Or have a read

https://fullfact.org/immigration/why-do-migrants-and-asylum-seekers-want-come-uk
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:19 - Feb 28 with 672 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:04 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

I would just like to know the reason that many of these illegal or non illegal immigrants decide to get in a dinghy and risk their lives and their children's lives to be put in a hostel or worse?
When they could claim asylum in France? As many on here life is so much better living in the European Union. So what is the desperation to get to this country?
I know many have fled war torn countries and persecution, but why do they need to take that extra risk of getting here?
When they are safely in Europe. Why do they not demand more from the French and Italian governments that they have travelled across?

Loads of asylum seekers do stay in Europe. Compare the rates of asylum claims in the UK compared with our European neighbours, the stats are easy to find but here are some links for you:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/migration-statistics-how-many-asylum-seeker

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Asylum_statistics#M

As you can see, we have way fewer people seeking asylum here than they get in Germany, France, and Spain. We even get way fewer than Greece which has a much smaller population and economy than we do.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:46 - Feb 28 with 635 viewsjeera

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:28 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

The French navy as uselwss as they have always been then.

You have asked questions and ignored the replies, which have been polite and patient.

And that's your simplistic response.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:49 - Feb 28 with 629 viewsBluedanW

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 15:30 - Feb 28 by noggin

But at least your earlier questions were answered hey? What are your thoughts now you know?

I don't think risking your kids life just to be able to get to a country where you know the lingo or your family lives is a good enough reason myself.
Login to get fewer ads

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:52 - Feb 28 with 626 viewsjeera

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:49 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

I don't think risking your kids life just to be able to get to a country where you know the lingo or your family lives is a good enough reason myself.

There is loads of info available which you have shown no interest in.

Choosing instead to pursue this "risking kids' lives" routine.

Like others, you're not interested in the reasons why, only in pushing an agenda.

If you don't want to understand then why ask?

As has been pointed out [many times], the UK is some way down the list of countries receiving refugees.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 16:53]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:54 - Feb 28 with 623 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:49 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

So do you think the UK should be doing more to offer safe passage to asylum seekers then, given that we already take far fewer than most of our European neighbours? If the welfare of asylum seekers and their children is your main concern that would seem like a good solution.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:55 - Feb 28 with 617 viewswkj

As if these people have much of a choice, as previously stated, a lot of times the decision isn't in their hands but the ones who are trafficking them.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:59 - Feb 28 with 613 viewsBluedanW

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:52 - Feb 28 by jeera

There is loads of info available which you have shown no interest in.

Choosing instead to pursue this "risking kids' lives" routine.

Like others, you're not interested in the reasons why, only in pushing an agenda.

If you don't want to understand then why ask?

As has been pointed out [many times], the UK is some way down the list of countries receiving refugees.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 16:53]

My question asked "why risk your kids lives to get here"
Which the UK accepts less than many of our European neighbours doesn't answer that question.

On the subject of immigrant numbers taken in the chart somebody kindly posted showed the amount of immigrants taken in per 100,000 population. This does not allow for land mass.
Our country has a larger population than Spain and very close to that of France. However we have have a much smaller country. The reason our covid figures are worse than anywhere else in Europe is down to population density.
Our inner cities are more overcrowded than most of Europe if not all.
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:01 - Feb 28 with 602 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:59 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

Which the UK accepts less than many of our European neighbours doesn't answer that question.

On the subject of immigrant numbers taken in the chart somebody kindly posted showed the amount of immigrants taken in per 100,000 population. This does not allow for land mass.
Our country has a larger population than Spain and very close to that of France. However we have have a much smaller country. The reason our covid figures are worse than anywhere else in Europe is down to population density.

If you look at the links I posted we're a way down the list on absolute numbers as well. But you've been deliberately selective throughout in what you've chosen to look at and respond to. I suspect you don't really care much at all about asylum seekers, other than in wanting to keep them out of the UK.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:04 - Feb 28 with 592 viewsnoggin

What about those that don't have kids with them?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:05 - Feb 28 with 585 viewsBluedanW

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:01 - Feb 28 by Herbivore

If you look at the links I posted we're a way down the list on absolute numbers as well. But you've been deliberately selective throughout in what you've chosen to look at and respond to. I suspect you don't really care much at all about asylum seekers, other than in wanting to keep them out of the UK.

Population density per km

UK= 267
Italy = 207
France = 105
Spain = 98
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:06 - Feb 28 with 582 viewsm14_blue

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:05 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

UK= 267
Italy = 207
France = 105
Spain = 98

I’m beginning to wonder if your main concern is actually the asylum seeker children to be honest.
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:06 - Feb 28 with 580 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:04 - Feb 28 by noggin

Or those that, as has been mentioned elsewhere, aren't travelling of their own free will.

If his concern really is with the welfare of those crossing the channel then he ought to be writing to his MP to ask for them to raise the issue of offering safe passage to asylum seekers travelling to the UK. I suspect that's not his concern though.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:07 - Feb 28 with 578 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:59 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

It's funny how the bigots are now using Covid as a reason to stop a handful of poor people coming here. Pre Covid it was because A&E is full of brown people.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:08 - Feb 28 with 565 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:05 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

UK= 267
Italy = 207
France = 105
Spain = 98

You’re bending over backwards to make a case for us to be a less welcoming country IMO.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 17:09]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:08 - Feb 28 with 569 viewsHerbivore

UK= 267
Italy = 207
France = 105
Spain = 98

And?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:09 - Feb 28 with 567 viewsBluedanW

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:04 - Feb 28 by noggin

Why risk your own life when you could claim asylum elsewhere. The actual law is you claim asylum at the first country you enter.
I'm not sure why people say asylum, they are not all true asylum seekers. Please you don't really believe all these people are escaping persecution?
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:11 - Feb 28 with 554 viewswkj

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:09 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

Why risk your own life when you could claim asylum elsewhere. The actual law is you claim asylum at the first country you enter.
I'm not sure why people say asylum, they are not all true asylum seekers. Please you don't really believe all these people are escaping persecution?

Incorrect

There is no legal requirement for a refugee to claim asylum in any particular country
Neither the 1951 Refugee Convention nor EU law requires a refugee to claim asylum in one country rather than another.

Source: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/truth-about-refugees#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20legal%

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:11 - Feb 28 with 554 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:09 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

It doesn't matter what they are escaping, they are pretty desperate if, like you rightly say, they are risking their's and their kids lives to get here.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:11 - Feb 28 with 552 viewsBluedanW

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:07 - Feb 28 by noggin

It's funny how the bigots are now using Covid as a reason to stop a handful of poor people coming here. Pre Covid it was because A&E is full of brown people.

If it was a handful and they were all genuine asylum seeker there wouldn't be a problem
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:12 - Feb 28 with 546 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:11 - Feb 28 by wkj

Incorrect

There is no legal requirement for a refugee to claim asylum in any particular country
Neither the 1951 Refugee Convention nor EU law requires a refugee to claim asylum in one country rather than another.

Source: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/truth-about-refugees#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20legal%

Good that you corrected him so that he can learn and understand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024