Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? 09:28 - Feb 28 with 10087 viewsMaySixth

He has been wonderful of late and justifying the Shrewsbury hype.
He will probably have a bad game in him soon but I hope he we stick with him.
I wonder if his form is possibly pyschologically linked with not taking the knee?
He is making a personal stand before the game and then standing out in games as well.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:13 - Feb 28 with 625 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:05 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

Population density per km

UK= 267
Italy = 207
France = 105
Spain = 98

Belgium - 383
Netherlands - 508
Malta - 1380

See, I can handpick some snippets of data too.
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:13 - Feb 28 with 620 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:09 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

Why risk your own life when you could claim asylum elsewhere. The actual law is you claim asylum at the first country you enter.
I'm not sure why people say asylum, they are not all true asylum seekers. Please you don't really believe all these people are escaping persecution?

That's not what the law says, I already dealt with this earlier: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/truth-about-refugees#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20legal%

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:14 - Feb 28 with 619 viewswkj

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:12 - Feb 28 by noggin

Good that you corrected him so that he can learn and understand.

Wait until he gets to the part that states The UK asylum system is no more generous than many others

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:14 - Feb 28 with 618 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:11 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

If it was a handful and they were all genuine asylum seeker there wouldn't be a problem

What do you consider to be worthwhile reasons for leaving your home and family, to pay a criminal your life savings, to put you in a dinghy and risk drowning?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:15 - Feb 28 with 614 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:11 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

If it was a handful and they were all genuine asylum seeker there wouldn't be a problem

The numbers are comparatively small, as has been pointed out to you. Much smaller than most of our European neighbours.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:15 - Feb 28 with 613 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:13 - Feb 28 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Belgium - 383
Netherlands - 508
Malta - 1380

See, I can handpick some snippets of data too.

Yeah but, no but....

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:15 - Feb 28 with 608 viewsVic

I haven’t read the whole thread - tldr - but I don’t get the negativity to this post. As I see it the point OP is making is that Nsiala seems to be in a place where he is making his own decisions, and that him deciding that taking the knee is past its sell by date is just a symptom of that. So he’s growing up - that’s it. No racism intended. Why the angst guys?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:15 - Feb 28 with 607 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:14 - Feb 28 by noggin

What do you consider to be worthwhile reasons for leaving your home and family, to pay a criminal your life savings, to put you in a dinghy and risk drowning?

Forgotten the wife's birthday?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:15 - Feb 28 with 603 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:11 - Feb 28 by wkj

Incorrect

There is no legal requirement for a refugee to claim asylum in any particular country
Neither the 1951 Refugee Convention nor EU law requires a refugee to claim asylum in one country rather than another.

Source: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/truth-about-refugees#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20legal%

I'm confident that blueDanW will reflect upon this and reconsider his stance, which is in no way entrenched abd bigoted.
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:17 - Feb 28 with 590 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:15 - Feb 28 by Vic

I haven’t read the whole thread - tldr - but I don’t get the negativity to this post. As I see it the point OP is making is that Nsiala seems to be in a place where he is making his own decisions, and that him deciding that taking the knee is past its sell by date is just a symptom of that. So he’s growing up - that’s it. No racism intended. Why the angst guys?

Yeah.... Read the thread...
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 585 viewsnoggin

The thread has evolved and is no longer about Nsiala.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 586 viewsHerbivore

This thread is really good evidence of why this country is a bit of a state. People believe stuff that is demonstrably false but are prepared to continue with the same line of argument even when it's been pointed out to them that their argument is based on falsehoods. People just believe whatever fits their world view and to hell with the truth. Brexit Britain at its finest.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 582 viewsBluedanW

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:12 - Feb 28 by noggin

Good that you corrected him so that he can learn and understand.

Learn that if you find yourself as an asylum seeker you can literally pick and choose which country you would like to go to?
Seems odd if you were truly so desperate to escape persecution you would be happy to get to get to anywhere safe for refuge. But you can keeping travelling for months to find the one that offers the best benefits. We must offer more than th other 3 or 4 countries they decided to travel through.
Is this the ioswich message board or the guardian / momentum board. I do wonder sometimes
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 581 viewsfooters

Whereas before there was a group of gunmen threatening to kill him if he didn't.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:19 - Feb 28 with 575 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:18 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

Learn that if you find yourself as an asylum seeker you can literally pick and choose which country you would like to go to?
Seems odd if you were truly so desperate to escape persecution you would be happy to get to get to anywhere safe for refuge. But you can keeping travelling for months to find the one that offers the best benefits. We must offer more than th other 3 or 4 countries they decided to travel through.
Is this the ioswich message board or the guardian / momentum board. I do wonder sometimes

So...you're just asking the question then...?
Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:20 - Feb 28 with 569 viewsfooters

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:18 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

It's the intellectually rigorous forum for ITFC fans. Perhaps you'd be happier in the news comments or on Radio Suffolk.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:21 - Feb 28 with 568 viewsjayessess

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 16:49 - Feb 28 by BluedanW

I don't think risking your kids life just to be able to get to a country where you know the lingo or your family lives is a good enough reason myself.

Either factor can make a huge difference to whether your family survives or not.
People with no savings, no assets, no family or friends to fall back on are already in a hugely precarious economic position. Throw in having often having no documentation, no right to work and no language skills to navigate the country you're in and you're more or less guaranteed to be destitute.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:21 - Feb 28 with 562 viewsSwansea_Blue

You could start here and then dip into the links if you genuinely want to understand the motivations of asylum seekers.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/why-do-migrants-and-asylum-seekers-want-come-uk

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:23 - Feb 28 with 556 viewsHerbivore

I'm calling house! We have a winner of Bigot Bingo! He's wheeled out the benefits system now as well. Whilst your approach of throwing enough sh1t and hoping some of it will stick might work on, say, Facebook, it's not likely to fly here. If you've not already twigged, you're debating this subject with people who are all far more informed on it than you are. That is very evident here.

It'd be a lot easier if you just came out and said what you really think rather than having every one of your 'arguments' debunked. You just don't want more brown people coming to the UK is what it boils down to.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 17:28]

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:24 - Feb 28 with 550 viewswkj

Actually, the UK offers less benefits than some of the EU countries you've mentioned.

In the UK, the weekly allowance for a single adult asylum-seeker is £36.95 per week, lower than many other EU countries. The equivalent weekly rate in France, for example, is £58.50 (on an exchange rate of 73p to the euro).

As for those asylum seekers choosing their location...

Research tends to show that asylum-seekers know little of the asylum system in any individual country, including the UK, before arriving there.

When asylum-seekers do decide they would prefer to reach a particular country to make an asylum claim, family, community and language connections tend to be key factors in making that decision.

Source: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/truth-about-refugees#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20legal%

See also:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/are-refugees-obliged-to-claim-asylum-in-the-firs

For demographics on how the UK takes in less than many EU countries.

I hope this is much more useful to your research than Nigel Farage's inaccurate tweets have been for Paz

Crybaby

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:24 - Feb 28 with 550 viewsnoggin

Can I ask, out of interest, in what way have asylum seekers negatively impacted your life?

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:24 - Feb 28 with 549 viewsclive_baker

Ever considered changing your username to AprilFirst

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:28 - Feb 28 with 535 viewsHerbivore

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:21 - Feb 28 by Swansea_Blue

You could start here and then dip into the links if you genuinely want to understand the motivations of asylum seekers.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/why-do-migrants-and-asylum-seekers-want-come-uk

That pretty much covers it. Sadly, though, I'm not sure how interested the likes of this chap and Paz are in facts and evidence, especially when the facts and evidence contradict rather than reinforce their prejudices.

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:28 - Feb 28 with 530 viewsnoggin

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:24 - Feb 28 by wkj

Actually, the UK offers less benefits than some of the EU countries you've mentioned.

In the UK, the weekly allowance for a single adult asylum-seeker is £36.95 per week, lower than many other EU countries. The equivalent weekly rate in France, for example, is £58.50 (on an exchange rate of 73p to the euro).

As for those asylum seekers choosing their location...

Research tends to show that asylum-seekers know little of the asylum system in any individual country, including the UK, before arriving there.

When asylum-seekers do decide they would prefer to reach a particular country to make an asylum claim, family, community and language connections tend to be key factors in making that decision.

See also:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/are-refugees-obliged-to-claim-asylum-in-the-firs

For demographics on how the UK takes in less than many EU countries.

I hope this is much more useful to your research than Nigel Farage's inaccurate tweets have been for Paz

If only Britain hadn't taken the English language around the world by invading large parts of that world hey?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 17:29]

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:32 - Feb 28 with 507 viewswkj

Nsiala's improvement connected to not taking the knee? on 17:28 - Feb 28 by noggin

If only Britain hadn't taken the English language around the world by invading large parts of that world hey?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 17:29]

Yes, unfortunately we were only allowed to invade the first country we landed at

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024