Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the takeover is over 07:57 - Mar 26 with 3212 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If the takeover is over on 08:00 - Mar 26 with 2523 viewsMattinLondon

Tinpot dictators usually have a poor grasp of reality as well as delusions of grandeur in their own abilities.
If the takeover is over on 08:09 - Mar 26 with 2474 viewsmr_bean

Or maybe it just means that he's holding out for more cash!
If the takeover is over on 08:09 - Mar 26 with 2478 viewsSenatorBlue

Posted just this in the other thread, and others before. If he wants to continue, then let’s actually see something change, a realisation that it hasn’t worked up until now, so try something different. Currently it is rinse, wipe, repeat. Second poster nailed it, dictators rarely see reality.
If the takeover is over on 08:13 - Mar 26 with 2454 viewsSwansea_Blue

If the takeover is over on 08:09 - Mar 26 by mr_bean

Or maybe it just means that he's holding out for more cash!

His evaluation of the club, bearing in mind how much he's sunk into it, has always been my concern when it comes to sell. People have always said the debt doesn't matter, but you can bet he felt it and will want to recoup as much as possible (and very possibly more than anyone is prepared to give him for a run down L1 club).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If the takeover is over on 08:39 - Mar 26 with 2369 viewsportmanking

If the takeover is over on 08:00 - Mar 26 by MattinLondon

Tinpot dictators usually have a poor grasp of reality as well as delusions of grandeur in their own abilities.

Quite. It's well-known within ITFC and wider football circles that Evans is something of a control freak and simply cannot let anyone else make the key decisions at the club.

This club simply CANNOT be a part-time plaything for Evans any longer. How we, as fans, have allowed this to happen is bad enough. But for Evans to deem the club only worthy of a day or two a week of his time underlines just how much of a disservice he's doing to the club and the wider community.
If the takeover is over on 10:03 - Mar 26 with 2230 viewsBlueWorldOrder

It is long dead and along with it any hope of recovery. Evans has instead carried on, appointed what seems to be another managerial dud from the waste bin of football management and we'll continue to decline.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

If the takeover is over on 10:10 - Mar 26 with 2210 viewsvanmunt

If the takeover is over on 10:03 - Mar 26 by BlueWorldOrder

It is long dead and along with it any hope of recovery. Evans has instead carried on, appointed what seems to be another managerial dud from the waste bin of football management and we'll continue to decline.

'. Evans has instead carried on, appointed what seems to be another managerial dud from the waste bin of football management'

grow up
If the takeover is over on 10:38 - Mar 26 with 2161 viewsKeno

If the takeover is over on 10:03 - Mar 26 by BlueWorldOrder

you are a cheery little soul arent you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

If the takeover is over on 11:29 - Mar 26 with 2123 viewsSwansea_Blue

If the takeover is over on 10:38 - Mar 26 by Keno

you are a cheery little soul arent you

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If the takeover is over on 12:01 - Mar 26 with 2080 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If the takeover is over on 10:10 - Mar 26 by vanmunt

'. Evans has instead carried on, appointed what seems to be another managerial dud from the waste bin of football management'

grow up

He's not done very well here so far and has already fallen out with the players. It's all very Hurst at the moment which is worrying.

If the takeover is over on 12:07 - Mar 26 with 2046 viewsmonytowbray

Evans is the problem.

Blubfish will scream otherwise but that’s because he suffers from Dunning Kruger effect.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If the takeover is over on 12:09 - Mar 26 with 2039 viewsJ2BLUE

The man is delusional. We know this. Look back at his interviews. When we were 15th in the Championship he was talking about the Premier League and his investment making us "competitive". He's utterly delusional.

It's nothing but misplaced pride keeping him here now. We are going one way under his leadership as he's proven since he came here. He might well want to remain owner, he might well like owning a club but he's incompetent. He refuses to delegate power. He is slowly letting this club rot.

I suspect he will rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic in the summer. LON will be sacrificed and another yes man brought in but that will be enough for some to suggest he's learnt his lessons and it's all chance.

Delusional. He must sell. I hope some will look at it like I do and refuse to put another penny in until he leaves. I know some say it will just damage the club but it's time to fight for the long term instead of being scared in the short term.

Just my opinion. Other opinions are available and I know some people NEED to attend Town games as it's their escape. No judgement from me towards anyone who renews or looks at this differently but if you do agree, we need to get him out through all peaceful and legal means. He is not a bad man. Just delusional, possibly a bit arrogant and certainly has too much pride but he's not deliberately harmful. He does need to go though, ASAP.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If the takeover is over on 12:11 - Mar 26 with 2030 viewsstonojnr

If the takeover is over on 08:39 - Mar 26 by portmanking

Quite. It's well-known within ITFC and wider football circles that Evans is something of a control freak and simply cannot let anyone else make the key decisions at the club.

This club simply CANNOT be a part-time plaything for Evans any longer. How we, as fans, have allowed this to happen is bad enough. But for Evans to deem the club only worthy of a day or two a week of his time underlines just how much of a disservice he's doing to the club and the wider community.

decisions such as ? cite some examples of Evans control freakery decisions at the club if they are so well known.

half the time on here its complaints Evans has no interest in the club,now its he's too involved ?

none of the managers he has employed at the club have ever complained of interference from Evans on their decisions, none of the chief execs or general football managers or whatever title they give themselves have ever complained the conditions at the club are unworkable because of the owner.

the biggest issue the club has, other than it often seems a bunch of players who arent good enough, is a lack of the kind of free spending cash the fans want to see.
If the takeover is over on 12:14 - Mar 26 with 2014 viewsmonty_radio

I always felt that was the attraction of PC for Marcus. Not that Cook hasn't still got it, I think and hope he has. And he has also stressed the need to surround himself with a team. But he is in that mould of big personalities that are not afraid, and indeed are stimulated, by the buck stopping firmly with themselves.

I think that might have been why Evans is said to have run the rule over the Cowleys but not taken it too far. He sees in Cook the man who can cope with being on his own bolstered by a few friendly phone-calls. After all is said and done, unless Cook turns out to shout as loudly at Marcus as he does on the touchline, the flatlining is set to continue. As much as he has made a good impression early on, Cook is just the latest model on the production line that brings no new model of success. I wish him well.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If the takeover is over on 12:15 - Mar 26 with 2011 viewsportmanking

If the takeover is over on 12:11 - Mar 26 by stonojnr

decisions such as ? cite some examples of Evans control freakery decisions at the club if they are so well known.

half the time on here its complaints Evans has no interest in the club,now its he's too involved ?

none of the managers he has employed at the club have ever complained of interference from Evans on their decisions, none of the chief execs or general football managers or whatever title they give themselves have ever complained the conditions at the club are unworkable because of the owner.

the biggest issue the club has, other than it often seems a bunch of players who arent good enough, is a lack of the kind of free spending cash the fans want to see.

Everything goes through Evans. O'Neil can't make any substantial decisions. No-one can. Evans has never managed to delegate responsibility to previous CEOs and Managing Directors i.e. Clegg and Milne. What's so difficult to understand about that?

No-one has ever complained about the conditions publicly? Who on earth would do that and put their job in jeopardy?
If the takeover is over on 12:23 - Mar 26 with 1992 viewsMattinLondon

If the takeover is over on 12:07 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

Evans is the problem.

Blubfish will scream otherwise but that’s because he suffers from Dunning Kruger effect.

I don’t know how anyone cannot see that Evans is the problem.
If the takeover is over on 12:28 - Mar 26 with 1971 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If the takeover is over on 12:14 - Mar 26 by monty_radio

I always felt that was the attraction of PC for Marcus. Not that Cook hasn't still got it, I think and hope he has. And he has also stressed the need to surround himself with a team. But he is in that mould of big personalities that are not afraid, and indeed are stimulated, by the buck stopping firmly with themselves.

I think that might have been why Evans is said to have run the rule over the Cowleys but not taken it too far. He sees in Cook the man who can cope with being on his own bolstered by a few friendly phone-calls. After all is said and done, unless Cook turns out to shout as loudly at Marcus as he does on the touchline, the flatlining is set to continue. As much as he has made a good impression early on, Cook is just the latest model on the production line that brings no new model of success. I wish him well.

Although I am no longer a supporter who wants to see managers given lots of time when it's not working I do worry if Cook fails here that Ipswich could potentially be seen by new appointments as a place where careers come to end. Aside from Mick who was exceptional, all the managers Evans has sacked have failed or not got jobs since.

If the takeover is over on 12:39 - Mar 26 with 1936 viewsChurchman

Is it that nobody wants to pay what he thinks the wreckage of a football club is worth? Is it that he’s unwilling to crystallise losses? Is it that the paper losses made help the Portfolio balance sheet? Is he genuinely interested in the football club? I haven’t a clue what his motivation is.

Well in terms of interest in the club, the peeling paint, shabby worn out infrastructure and embracing of mediocrity, 13 years of decline with no end in sight says it all. If he really is interested, then his incompetence knows know limits. This useless football club owner has destroyed it. Good luck Mr Cook; you are going to need it, because whatever support you think you’ll need, you’ll be lucky to get half of it.
If the takeover is over on 12:44 - Mar 26 with 1916 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If the takeover is over on 12:39 - Mar 26 by Churchman

Is it that nobody wants to pay what he thinks the wreckage of a football club is worth? Is it that he’s unwilling to crystallise losses? Is it that the paper losses made help the Portfolio balance sheet? Is he genuinely interested in the football club? I haven’t a clue what his motivation is.

Well in terms of interest in the club, the peeling paint, shabby worn out infrastructure and embracing of mediocrity, 13 years of decline with no end in sight says it all. If he really is interested, then his incompetence knows know limits. This useless football club owner has destroyed it. Good luck Mr Cook; you are going to need it, because whatever support you think you’ll need, you’ll be lucky to get half of it.

Maybe we should draw up a list of wants as a collective and write to him. The points about the state of the ground should be the easiest things to fix. Have you seen the state of some of the facilities at the back of the fanzone? The sheds are crumbling down. If that was my business I would be ashamed.

If the takeover is over on 12:51 - Mar 26 with 1897 viewschrismakin

If the takeover is over on 12:11 - Mar 26 by stonojnr

This is one of the issues I have with the various issues people come out with about Evans.

If hes that bad. Someone like mcarthy would certainly not hold back in letting it be known how bad it was. He also wouldnt have been highly recommending to cook either.

People talking about structure. You dont need one in this league. You just need a good managerial set up which Lambert didnt set up. It appears looking at posts from Phil and Paul knows that PC is well underway at making sufficient changes to the behind the scenes team.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 12:52]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If the takeover is over on 12:54 - Mar 26 with 1873 viewsportmanking

If the takeover is over on 12:51 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

This is one of the issues I have with the various issues people come out with about Evans.

If hes that bad. Someone like mcarthy would certainly not hold back in letting it be known how bad it was. He also wouldnt have been highly recommending to cook either.

People talking about structure. You dont need one in this league. You just need a good managerial set up which Lambert didnt set up. It appears looking at posts from Phil and Paul knows that PC is well underway at making sufficient changes to the behind the scenes team.

Yes, McCarthy would hold back. There's the small matter of NDAs that fired managers invariably sign so as not to ridicule or undermine their previous owners.
If the takeover is over on 12:56 - Mar 26 with 1857 viewschrismakin

If the takeover is over on 12:54 - Mar 26 by portmanking

Yes, McCarthy would hold back. There's the small matter of NDAs that fired managers invariably sign so as not to ridicule or undermine their previous owners.

Why would he have to sign one. He wasnt sacked his contract wasnt renewed. So he wouldnt have received a pay off so there wouldnt have been an NDA right?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

If the takeover is over on 12:57 - Mar 26 with 1853 viewsJ2BLUE

If the takeover is over on 12:51 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

Again speculation. MM is old school and likes to do it all so he probably had no issue with the set up. He spoke time and time again of other clubs spending more money though.

Again you talk about in this league forgetting when Evans took over we were top 8 in the Championship.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If the takeover is over on 13:01 - Mar 26 with 1832 viewschrismakin

If the takeover is over on 12:57 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Again speculation. MM is old school and likes to do it all so he probably had no issue with the set up. He spoke time and time again of other clubs spending more money though.

Again you talk about in this league forgetting when Evans took over we were top 8 in the Championship.

Yeah financial wise to get to 'that' next level we will need new owners I definitely agree on that

I think for now where we are. We have enough to bounce back. Lambert really should have done altho really he shouldn't have had the opportunity to with his lacklustre performance after Hurst anyway

I think for me. I just want to see pc get us up. Keep us up and and that point see a new owner who can invest to get us back in the prem

( if new owner happens before of course fine.) But in not overly fussed at the moment. Just need PC to recruitment. Renew contracts sensibly and rebuild properly.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 13:06]

If the takeover is over on 13:03 - Mar 26 with 1821 viewsNthQldITFC

If the takeover is over on 12:39 - Mar 26 by Churchman

It certainly is a rum do. Perhaps he is two slices of bread short of an idiot sandwich?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024