Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Norwood is here next season... 12:26 - May 2 with 3350 viewstractorboy1978

Works hard over the summer and comes back in better shape, are people willing to give him a clean slate? The bile on here/Twitter is ridiculous. And some of it comes from people that claim to be mental health advocates.
If Norwood is here next season... on 12:32 - May 2 with 2175 viewsHerbivore

I think we need better if we want to go up, and especially if the plan really is to start building for the Championship. He's under contract though so it's all rather moot as I doubt anyone would be willing to take him off our hands.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If Norwood is here next season... on 12:36 - May 2 with 2165 viewstractorboy1978

If Norwood is here next season... on 12:32 - May 2 by Herbivore

I think we need better if we want to go up, and especially if the plan really is to start building for the Championship. He's under contract though so it's all rather moot as I doubt anyone would be willing to take him off our hands.

A couple of strikers will come in this summer for sure. I doubt he will be the main man next season unless he has earned it and he's a decent option to have around.
If Norwood is here next season... on 12:55 - May 2 with 2095 viewsTIB

I know the guy divides opinion, but with decent service, at this level he will get you goals. I think with the addition of a marquee striker signing or two so he has some competition, a no nonsense manager and we’ll hopefully see him fitter next year and contribute to a winning season.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 13:00]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

If Norwood is here next season... on 12:55 - May 2 with 2093 viewslazyblue

You mean the clubs most natural finisher! Give him service and he will hit 20 no problem.
If Norwood is here next season... on 13:00 - May 2 with 2081 viewsIpswichKnight

Weren’t both Tranmere and Swindon sniffing around last summer? I think there could be interest from League 2 sides. I do think we’re going shopping for Strikers this summer as well and they will be natural 1 up front strikers who can create there own chances.
If Norwood is here next season... on 13:08 - May 2 with 2047 viewsJakeITFC

I might be wrong, but I think he's just making the most senior player captain each week.
If Norwood is here next season... on 13:10 - May 2 with 2035 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwood aside, our striking options are an embarrassment. Needs some serious investment.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:11 - May 2 with 2036 viewsKeaneish

He spoke to three or four Championship clubs before joining us two seasons ago. Would they come in for him now after his injuries? Maybe, maybe not. Would someone else take him off our hands? Yes, most definitely. Is he staying? Yes, without doubt.

Good post match interview with him for you to read. Enjoy.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:13 - May 2 with 2016 viewsMrTown

If fit, he’s more than good enough at this level, more than good enough.

With 3 behind providing service I’m sure he’ll score goals at this level.

But, you can’t trust his fitness, Drinan and Jackson gone, you need another good centre forward at this level.

Joe Pigott for me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:15 - May 2 with 2018 viewsbobbyramsey

He needs competition for his place, at the moment there is none. We will also need more than one striker, we're thin on the ground if Sears, Drinan, Jackson et al go.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 13:16]
If Norwood is here next season... on 13:40 - May 2 with 1950 viewsVaughan8

What has he really done?

If people weren't on twitter, No1 would know. A footballer is a bit of a D!ckhead shocker!

If he starts scoring goals, people wouldn't even care and would probably laugh about it. Cos we are rubbish, people seem to get even more easily offended.
If Norwood is here next season... on 13:43 - May 2 with 1938 viewschrismakin

With complete respect, why does mental health pop up in these posts

they are discussing him based on his off the field antics...
quite simply, don't bait the fans, work hard, play hard, score goals. No one will talk about him negatively. It's that simple.

The problem is, with his off field actions, it's hard to picture him as a positive influence around the ground, in training etc. We could be wrong, but his antics don't paint a positive picture.

For the club to be successful we need a winning and together squad, if there are any players not onboard with that and cause any kind of negative influence, then we can't have them.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 13:44]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:47 - May 2 with 1911 viewsFixed_It

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:40 - May 2 by Vaughan8

What has he really done?

If people weren't on twitter, No1 would know. A footballer is a bit of a D!ckhead shocker!

If he starts scoring goals, people wouldn't even care and would probably laugh about it. Cos we are rubbish, people seem to get even more easily offended.

Absolutely. Tranmere fans loved him when he was banging in the goals, and loved his bantz too.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:50 - May 2 with 1886 viewsChurchman

It’s not a question of abuse towards the bloke. It’s a question of whether or not he is good enough going forwards. As backup or a mayhem sub maybe, but if we are serious about a decent team here, I think we need better. Yes, it’s a dross league, but we are a long way short of the better teams, so there’s a lot of improving to be done.

Yes, it’d be great if he came back after the summer in better shape. You have to ask why he was in poor shape in the first place though. He’s a professional footballer age 30 and should be taking responsibility for himself.

Ok, I am being hyper critical maybe, but there are few of our players coming out of this season with any credit. He certainly isn’t one of them.
If Norwood is here next season... on 13:50 - May 2 with 1881 viewsJ2BLUE

He has a clean slate from me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:53 - May 2 with 1863 viewschrismakin

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:47 - May 2 by Fixed_It

Absolutely. Tranmere fans loved him when he was banging in the goals, and loved his bantz too.

Actually, plenty were not happy with the below, even more so he's actual response on twitter at the time.

https://www.thescore.com/epl/news/1190131

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:54 - May 2 with 1846 viewschrismakin

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:50 - May 2 by J2BLUE

He has a clean slate from me.

IF he puts his head down, I agree

If Norwood is here next season... on 14:02 - May 2 with 1800 viewsJ2BLUE

If Norwood is here next season... on 13:54 - May 2 by chrismakin

IF he puts his head down, I agree

You were telling us Cook was our saviour recently. Clear Cook has no issue with him so why not trust his judgement?

Truly impaired.

If Norwood is here next season... on 14:05 - May 2 with 1787 viewschrismakin

If Norwood is here next season... on 14:02 - May 2 by J2BLUE

You were telling us Cook was our saviour recently. Clear Cook has no issue with him so why not trust his judgement?

eh? I'm agreeing that Norwood goes into next season with a cleanslate. He just needs to get his head down. sorry confused by your reply lol.

If Norwood is here next season... on 15:07 - May 2 with 1681 viewsJ2BLUE

If Norwood is here next season... on 14:05 - May 2 by chrismakin

eh? I'm agreeing that Norwood goes into next season with a cleanslate. He just needs to get his head down. sorry confused by your reply lol.

His head is clearly 'down' enough for Cook. That's my point.

I think a lot of fans are creating something here that doesn't exist. He's done some stupid stuff and he doesn't take any sh1t on Twitter. The rest seems to be based on gossip and people (not you) making things up that then get passed around.

LON and Cook have both spoken highly of him. He's staying. Wipe the slate clean.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 17:51]

Truly impaired.

If Norwood is here next season... on 15:11 - May 2 with 1668 viewshadleighboyblue

If Norwood is here next season... on 12:55 - May 2 by TIB

I know the guy divides opinion, but with decent service, at this level he will get you goals. I think with the addition of a marquee striker signing or two so he has some competition, a no nonsense manager and we’ll hopefully see him fitter next year and contribute to a winning season.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 13:00]

I think Paul Cook's management style and enthusiasm might be able to get the best out of Norwood .

We have a goalscorer there

They are both strong characters and 100% competitors who might well work well together
If Norwood is here next season... on 17:49 - May 2 with 1495 viewsDubtractor

Clean slate from me if he is still here, albeit he is obviously a bit of a bell.

That said, the banter and seeming lack of professionalism I can ignore for the most part if he stays fit and performs, which he mostly hasn't this season, but the drink driving thing does bother me much more.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If Norwood is here next season... on 17:53 - May 2 with 1473 viewshaynes_toe1

He is a bang average League One striker so like Herbi says I thought we would be looking for an upgrade. The fact he was captain suggests Cook may rate him higher
If Norwood is here next season... on 17:55 - May 2 with 1469 viewschrismakin

If Norwood is here next season... on 15:07 - May 2 by J2BLUE

His head is clearly 'down' enough for Cook. That's my point.

I think a lot of fans are creating something here that doesn't exist. He's done some stupid stuff and he doesn't take any sh1t on Twitter. The rest seems to be based on gossip and people (not you) making things up that then get passed around.

LON and Cook have both spoken highly of him. He's staying. Wipe the slate clean.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 17:51]

Oh I see what you mean

"I think a lot of fans are creating something here that doesn't exist"

Unfortunately it's both true and untrue, there's lot that gets made up, but there is lots that isn't.

I see Norwood similar to Chopra. When he plays for you, you want his goals, but dislike how it comes across as a person. That's where he sits with me at the moment. That's what I mean by get head down, It wouldn't shock me if PC rates him as i appreciate what he does as a player, but for me to kinda ignore him next season, he needs to get his head down, be a footballer and leave the outside for when he hangs up his boots. but that's my personal opinion.

If Norwood is here next season... on 18:56 - May 2 with 1382 viewsgtsb1966

You don't like him. We get it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024