Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is 20:15 - Jun 7 with 6539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

a racist act".

I am sorry people who commit racist acts are racists. The people who boo taking the knee are racists. They may not like to be called racists but they are racists.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 20:21 - Jun 7 with 2764 viewsBlueBadger

I have yet to have a satisfactory answer to the question 'what is it about the idea 'there should be less racism in society' that upsets you'.

Perhaps Wellhungphil could start us off.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 20:23 - Jun 7 with 2728 viewsnoggin

Balls.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 20:35 - Jun 7 with 2654 viewsHerbivore

It really is as simple as you suggest. It upsets some folk but it's pretty irrefutable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 20:49 - Jun 7 with 2637 viewsCrow77

Is it though?? (side note I would never boo it and I don't care if they do it or not) but I don't see the point in it before every game I think it would have more of an impact if they had one weekend for it (like Nov 11th for poppy to remember our fallen hero's) I think some that boo are racist others don't agree with the BLM movement as seen as political so have a weekend set aside for equality where every one makes a stand against all hate get the kick it out and the rainbow laces and any others all together and sort out the best way to do it
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 20:50 - Jun 7 with 2606 viewsNthsuffolkblue

WellhungPhil care to explain the flaw in the logic or was this just an accidental downvote?

How does being racist make someone anything other than a racist?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:30 - Jun 7 with 2512 viewsIllinoisblue

Is it as simple as that? I’m not sure it is.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:52 - Jun 7 with 2430 viewsHerbivore

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:30 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

I'd say it is. If you're booing a peaceful anti-racist protest what else would be your motivation?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:57 - Jun 7 with 2430 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:30 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

Please do explain (or perhaps WellHungPhil could). How is it not that simple?

Doesn't committing a racist act make someone a racist?

Where it the flaw in the argument?

We keep pandering around these people but there is only word for them. They are racists.

Login to get fewer ads

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:59 - Jun 7 with 2420 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 20:49 - Jun 7 by Crow77

Is it though?? (side note I would never boo it and I don't care if they do it or not) but I don't see the point in it before every game I think it would have more of an impact if they had one weekend for it (like Nov 11th for poppy to remember our fallen hero's) I think some that boo are racist others don't agree with the BLM movement as seen as political so have a weekend set aside for equality where every one makes a stand against all hate get the kick it out and the rainbow laces and any others all together and sort out the best way to do it

Why should you get to decide that we should only oppose racism once a year?

Taking the knee has not been overly effective. It has had too little effect. More needs to be done not less.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:04 - Jun 7 with 2420 viewsBlueandTruesince82

People are being so obtuse about this too, by supporting the principal of BLM no one is saying other lives don't matter.

They know this, yet still boo.

Mad.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:06 - Jun 7 with 2404 viewsIllinoisblue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:57 - Jun 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

We keep pandering around these people but there is only word for them. They are racists.

There could be people who are not racist but are annoyed with what is in their eyes their sport being used as a vehicle for what started as a protest over something that happened in a different country. I don’t doubt there are many people booing for the wrong reasons but I don’t think you can claim everybody’s booing for the same reason.

62 - 78 - 81

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:09 - Jun 7 with 2353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:06 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

There could be people who are not racist but are annoyed with what is in their eyes their sport being used as a vehicle for what started as a protest over something that happened in a different country. I don’t doubt there are many people booing for the wrong reasons but I don’t think you can claim everybody’s booing for the same reason.

They are booing an anti-racism message. This has been abundantly clear by Southgate. If they are there as England fans they cannot be ignorant of that. If they are there as anything other than England fans why are they there?

They are racists. Your reasoning holds no water. Whatever their motivation, it is racist. They are therefore racist.

How can anyone live in this country be unaware of the racism present here too? You would have to walk around with your eyes and ears blocked.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:13 - Jun 7 with 2308 viewsHerbivore

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:06 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

They are annoyed enough about an anti-racist protest that they are booing it. That makes them racist, imo.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:33 - Jun 7 with 2233 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:57 - Jun 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

A lot of arrow firing without any attempt to justify yourself, WellHungPhil.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 22:36 - Jun 7 with 2244 viewstractorshark

There really is only one side of the moral fence to be on here.
If you believe booing an act that opposes racism is reasonable, then you are either, at worst, a racist or, at best, completely missing the point.
Forget the BLM argument, that is just a political excuse used to justify moronic behaviour. It's Ok not to agree with all of the BLM policies, it's not OK to boo people taking a stand (or knee) against racism.
Those who say it's gone on too long, or lost its impact are part of the problem. The only thing that has gone on too long is racism itself.
Just because you're tired of seeing the same thing over and over again is the very reason why this message must continue. It must not be swept under the carpet and become a token once-a-year gesture.
If sports stars stopped taking the knee tomorrow, would racism end? No. Society would just continue as it is and the same abuse would occur.
People need to drive home the message now that this won't go away until change occurs.
If people don't like that or are bored by the whole thing, perhaps they should ask themselves what exactly do they find offensive about someone trying to eradicate racism? There really is nowhere to go with that question.
Like I say, there is only one side of the moral fence to stand on here.
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:08 - Jun 7 with 2152 viewsSwansea_Blue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 20:49 - Jun 7 by Crow77

I've got no problem with a weekend to celebrate diversity and equality, but ultimately it's not up to us is it. If the players feel the need to make any gestures/protests around issues of race and equality that's entirely up to them. As soon as others try to impose their own will and tell them what they can or can't do we're back into the realm of why there's a need for them to take the knee in the first place (i.e. people not being respected as, or treated as equals).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:08 - Jun 7 with 2149 viewsCoastalblue

Anybody that boos has no place being there in the first place and should be made to leave, truth be told they should have no place in a normal society but until we've had a few more decades of kneeling and other actions I suspect they will still exist.

It's racism end of.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:20 - Jun 7 with 2118 viewsSwansea_Blue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:08 - Jun 7 by Coastalblue

Anybody that boos has no place being there in the first place and should be made to leave, truth be told they should have no place in a normal society but until we've had a few more decades of kneeling and other actions I suspect they will still exist.

It's racism end of.

I'm not entirely sure whether all these people are racists or whether some are apologists for racists without really meaning or knowing it. This whole hyper tribal nature of politics is making idiots out of people. I may be being too generous, but as neither is acceptable I suppose it doesn't matter. It's wrong however we label it.

They've had a warning with Southgate setting out why the players are taking an anti-racist stance. The beeb have run stories too recently about the extent and impact of racism. So I'd be fully supportive of them using CCTV to identify the culprits who still insist on booing and serve banning orders. It must be in breach of codes of conduct.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:32 - Jun 7 with 2067 viewsBondiBlue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 21:52 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

I'd say it is. If you're booing a peaceful anti-racist protest what else would be your motivation?

Even if you do have a different motivation for booing an anti-racism message, you must be aware that it is going to come across as racist. A bit like voting for brexit 😉

Poll: Which would you accept?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:42 - Jun 7 with 1991 viewsjeera

"a weekend set aside for equality".

A weekend set aside for equality?

A weekend?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:43 - Jun 7 with 2033 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There's a really simple solution to all this...

Footballers kneel FOR NOW, but it's only a temporary measure.

Then, when there's been a 12 month period where the likelihood of Black people being killed by Police in the US and UK is the same as for White people, the footballers stop kneeling. And I hope that all the boo-ers will be very happy then, because not only will the kneeling stop, and football not need to be politicised, but it will prove that All Lives Matter.
"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:49 - Jun 7 with 2009 viewsIllinoisblue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:20 - Jun 7 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not entirely sure whether all these people are racists or whether some are apologists for racists without really meaning or knowing it. This whole hyper tribal nature of politics is making idiots out of people. I may be being too generous, but as neither is acceptable I suppose it doesn't matter. It's wrong however we label it.

They've had a warning with Southgate setting out why the players are taking an anti-racist stance. The beeb have run stories too recently about the extent and impact of racism. So I'd be fully supportive of them using CCTV to identify the culprits who still insist on booing and serve banning orders. It must be in breach of codes of conduct.

Banning orders for booing? That’s a very slippery slope.

62 - 78 - 81

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:57 - Jun 7 with 1989 viewsSwansea_Blue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:32 - Jun 7 by BondiBlue

Even if you do have a different motivation for booing an anti-racism message, you must be aware that it is going to come across as racist. A bit like voting for brexit 😉

Sad parallels. I'm sure it's not a complete overlap, but the Venn diagram will be approaching a single circle.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 00:09 - Jun 8 with 1865 viewsPinewoodblue

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 23:49 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

Banning orders for booing? That’s a very slippery slope.

Agree it shows a lack of tolerance so goes against the principles of taking a knee an objective of which is reducing intolerance.

I don't agree with booing our own players for any reason, although I'm sure many on here have got in the habit of doing so. Booing players for underperforming is any fans right, or so the boo boys believe.

The practice of taking a knee is losing momentum across Europe let's see what happens at the Euro Championships.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 00:13 - Jun 8 with 1817 viewsjeera

"We can't call the people booing racists but it is clear that the booing is on 00:09 - Jun 8 by Pinewoodblue

Agree it shows a lack of tolerance so goes against the principles of taking a knee an objective of which is reducing intolerance.

I don't agree with booing our own players for any reason, although I'm sure many on here have got in the habit of doing so. Booing players for underperforming is any fans right, or so the boo boys believe.

The practice of taking a knee is losing momentum across Europe let's see what happens at the Euro Championships.

See I'm not getting this.

Why would people require tolerating because of their colour?

It's late, I'm tired, surely I'm missing something.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 0:14]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024