Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather 11:23 - Jul 7 with 3967 viewshomer_123

So, just had a call from a friend who's kid is in a local N Essex primary school. Small school with 1 class per year group.

Year 1s sent home to isolate, in a class of 31 kids, 7 positive cases in the last 2 days.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:31 - Jul 7 with 2298 viewsChondzoresk

I work in a school and a friend does in Ipswich, won't say where, but there are cases springing up everywhere, not just Primary, but also High Schools. It's going to get worse too. Not sure what will happen come September. It's all very worrying.
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:34 - Jul 7 with 2267 viewsgiant_stow

Give it a couple of weeks and this might be every school. The Govt seems to be saying to more or less anyone under 40: tough tits, you're getting covid this summer.

I can see their logic that its best to do it now than the autumn, but this didn't have to be the choice, if it wasn't for that trade deal with India.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:39 - Jul 7 with 2238 viewsSteve_M

I was going to go and see a friend this weekend, he's in Yorkshire but large village not too far from Huddersfield, rather than anywhere major. Not now, as his daughter and at least 10 kids in her class have covid. Most of them didn't know, no strong symptoms she was just really tired apparently, and only took a test because one child had it.

Sounds very similar.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:42 - Jul 7 with 2226 viewsLord_Lucan

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:34 - Jul 7 by giant_stow

Give it a couple of weeks and this might be every school. The Govt seems to be saying to more or less anyone under 40: tough tits, you're getting covid this summer.

I can see their logic that its best to do it now than the autumn, but this didn't have to be the choice, if it wasn't for that trade deal with India.

Delta was here before it was even identified, you cannot stop these things, only slow things down.

But Covid isn't going away and you cannot keep everyone locked up forever.

It's a kerfuffle, I'll give you that - but there isn't a magic bullet.

It's impossible to live in a risk free society, maybe we are going to just have to deal with this fecker head on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:42 - Jul 7 with 2223 viewsStokieBlue

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:34 - Jul 7 by giant_stow

Do you mean it's best to open up now or best to get C19 now rather than the autumn?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:42 - Jul 7 with 2219 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm slightly disappointed that this wasn't just a cover for a Miss Mexico post

We'll see a lot more of this as they lift school restrictions. I'm not happy with it. Shows an uncaring attitude imo that they're prepared to let even a small percentage of kids get ill, but we are where we are I suppose.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:43 - Jul 7 with 2206 viewsElderGrizzly

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:31 - Jul 7 by Chondzoresk

I work in a school and a friend does in Ipswich, won't say where, but there are cases springing up everywhere, not just Primary, but also High Schools. It's going to get worse too. Not sure what will happen come September. It's all very worrying.

100,000 cases a day predicted (conservatively) by mid-August.

It's going to be an absolute mess come school return in September.

The logic appears to be allow people to get Covid now rather than when hospitals are busier in winter.

Although doctors are already pushing back on this

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 11:46]
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:46 - Jul 7 with 2180 viewsgiant_stow

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:42 - Jul 7 by Lord_Lucan

Delta was here before it was even identified, you cannot stop these things, only slow things down.

But Covid isn't going away and you cannot keep everyone locked up forever.

It's a kerfuffle, I'll give you that - but there isn't a magic bullet.

It's impossible to live in a risk free society, maybe we are going to just have to deal with this fecker head on.

Agree that you can only slow things, but that's where we failed badly - we didn't slow the mass import of Delta from india. That's probably cost X many crucial weeks of getitng more vaccinations done.

Agree about it not being feasible to have more lockdowns and I'm probably crying over spilt Indian milk, but it just seems so avoidable.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:48 - Jul 7 with 2166 viewsgiant_stow

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:42 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

Do you mean it's best to open up now or best to get C19 now rather than the autumn?

SB

I'm just parotting Whitty on how its best to deal with the now inevitable in the summer when there's less preasure on the NHS, than winter.

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:49 - Jul 7 with 2152 viewsgiant_stow

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:43 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

The logic appears to be allow people to get Covid now rather than when hospitals are busier in winter.

crumbs.

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:58 - Jul 7 with 2088 viewsclive_baker

I was meant to be going out with friends to watch the game tonight, but someone I came into contact with on Saturday has since tested positive, and is feeling unwell. I've done 2 tests and both have come back negative, and I feel fine, but given it's only been a few days I'm not going tonight now. Shame, but best to be on the safe side. Certainly feels like the increase in cases is getting a bit silly now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:02 - Jul 7 with 2071 viewsitfcjoe

My niece is off as girl she sat next to tested positive, think she has to have 2 positive tests before can go back - but no work being set etc.

Often cases where one kid has it and they just have a day off while they work out what they are doing, it's a total mess

My eldest starts in September, hopefully things have cleared up a bit by then - as those already at school are missing out on so much

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:04 - Jul 7 with 2043 viewshoppy

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:58 - Jul 7 by clive_baker

I was meant to be going out with friends to watch the game tonight, but someone I came into contact with on Saturday has since tested positive, and is feeling unwell. I've done 2 tests and both have come back negative, and I feel fine, but given it's only been a few days I'm not going tonight now. Shame, but best to be on the safe side. Certainly feels like the increase in cases is getting a bit silly now.

If only more people had this attitude, perhaps we’d be in a different place… too many people would see it as ‘their right to go and watch the game wherever I want whatever, and nobody’s going to stop me” and then wonder why there’s another spike.

Enjoy the game anyway!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:07 - Jul 7 with 2016 viewsStokieBlue

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 11:43 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

Posted about this last night, unfortunately 100,000 cases would imply 5000 cases of Long Covid per day which would be horrible.

Also worth noting that vaccine given immunity seems to be longer lasting and more consistent than natural infection immunity so going for herd immunity through natural infection isn't a good plan either.

SB
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 12:12]

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:07 - Jul 7 with 2012 viewsdavblue

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:04 - Jul 7 by hoppy

If only more people had this attitude, perhaps we’d be in a different place… too many people would see it as ‘their right to go and watch the game wherever I want whatever, and nobody’s going to stop me” and then wonder why there’s another spike.

Enjoy the game anyway!

Most wouldn’t, I’ve seen friends who have a child isolated and they’ve been going out to restaurants and all sorts with their other child.

My oldest was in isolation before Xmas and we had a few things booked up
But I cancelled them and only went out for essential shopping in that period.
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:12 - Jul 7 with 1971 viewscatch74

My daughter is now at home self isolating, at least 4 in her classes positive. We’re in Surrey, so it’s everywhere. Son’s friend at primary school - 7 cases in one class too.
Be interesting to hear from Badger regarding his work but a friend of ours said went from 1 to 6 in itu between Monday and Tuesday - mixture of ages but definitely younger (all had pre-existing conditions that don’t help.)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:13 - Jul 7 with 1958 viewshomer_123

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:07 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

Posted about this last night, unfortunately 100,000 cases would imply 5000 cases of Long Covid per day which would be horrible.

Also worth noting that vaccine given immunity seems to be longer lasting and more consistent than natural infection immunity so going for herd immunity through natural infection isn't a good plan either.

SB

But Freedom day!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:16 - Jul 7 with 1922 viewsFixed_It

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:02 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

My niece is off as girl she sat next to tested positive, think she has to have 2 positive tests before can go back - but no work being set etc.

Often cases where one kid has it and they just have a day off while they work out what they are doing, it's a total mess

My eldest starts in September, hopefully things have cleared up a bit by then - as those already at school are missing out on so much

'Two positive tests before she can go back'?

I think I have spotted why things seem to be spiralling...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:18 - Jul 7 with 1909 viewsElderGrizzly

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:07 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

SB

Of course it isn't a good plan. Almost all medical experts have said it is a woeful plan.

The Government have simply devolved responsibility to the little people now
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:18 - Jul 7 with 1910 viewsclive_baker

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:04 - Jul 7 by hoppy

Enjoy the game anyway!

Cheers Hoppy. Pretty gutted to be honest as we've not caught up for a while, and it was promising to be a good one. Still, it's definitely for the best. Having seen my wife come back from her shifts at the hospital over this crazy period, the seriousness of it has never been lost on me. I know from reading on here that your family has had it's own battles, I hope you're all well through that now and out the other side.

Got to look on the bright side, I've got the house to myself, some beers in the garage and will get myself a nice takeaway delivered instead to get over my FOMO.

It's Coming Home

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:19 - Jul 7 with 1899 viewsCBBlue

But in September none of those kids will have to self isolate so that figure of 7 positive will end up being the whole damn class. I'm so furious at how they are just saying to hell with the kids they're young so don't matter.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:20 - Jul 7 with 1878 viewsStokieBlue

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:19 - Jul 7 by CBBlue

But in September none of those kids will have to self isolate so that figure of 7 positive will end up being the whole damn class. I'm so furious at how they are just saying to hell with the kids they're young so don't matter.

They are saying "to hell with everyone".

SB

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:24 - Jul 7 with 1831 viewsElderGrizzly

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:20 - Jul 7 by StokieBlue

They are saying "to hell with everyone".

SB

If the trend continues, we see 4,000 hospitalisations a day. And most of those will be under 30.
Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:25 - Jul 7 with 1810 viewsgiant_stow

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:19 - Jul 7 by CBBlue

Agree that its alwasy the young who get it in the neck, whatever the issue. In this case, they've put their lives on hold to save older people and rewarded with a governmental washing of hands and told to get on with it. Shocking.

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:28 - Jul 7 with 1792 viewsStokieBlue

Covid post - so ignore if you'd rather on 12:24 - Jul 7 by ElderGrizzly

If the trend continues, we see 4,000 hospitalisations a day. And most of those will be under 30.

Is that a direct linear extrapolation from the current hosptialisations though? The actual calculation is much more difficult because you need to factor in the ratio of vaccinated yet infected people might not be hospitalised.

Do you have a link to the modelling?

Is the assumption that most will be under 30 simply because so many in that age bracket will have it that all the vulnerable people will likely end up in hospital?

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024