Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... 15:27 - Jul 7 with 18539 viewsITFCBlues

Why are we bothering with the academy? Seems pointless if you're letting your best players walk for peanuts.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:20 - Jul 14 with 1127 viewsBseaBlue

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:18 - Jul 14 by jayessess

Short conversations:

"Why don't I get the same money as Gibbs?"
You aren't as good and there aren't Premier League teams trying to sign you.

Exactly! On that basis everyone at Barcelona would be on huge money because Messi is......
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:22 - Jul 14 with 1106 viewschrismakin

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:18 - Jul 14 by jayessess

Short conversations:

"Why don't I get the same money as Gibbs?"
You aren't as good and there aren't Premier League teams trying to sign you.

If your agent isnt able to counter that. You have a sht agent.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 with 1107 viewsfranz_tyson

We haven’t got a good history of turning youngsters into 10, 20, 30 million pound players. Norwich do though. If he is a success that’s down to the player and Norwich from now on. If he stayed, where is the actual evidence we could turn him into a PL player? And he wouldn’t be featuring next season much at League One level - if at all - anyway.
Maybe the 500k could be used to help bring in a ready-made player like Crooks. If it’s all about now, that Gibbs money is probably more use to us than Gibbs as a player.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 with 1101 viewstimothyeo

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 12:43 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

No, me neither really. I think it should have been thrashed out months ago, before the takeover even. Club just seems to have taken a take it or leave it approach to the situation. Haven't shown too much enthusiasm about keeping him, whereas Norwich have done quite the opposite from what I gather.

Can't help but feel guilty having optimistically posted on this thread this morning thinking he might be staying.

I am frustrated he's going to Norwich. Some on here seem to think talent grows on tree's - simply not the case and if you have a rare talent (Norwich wouldn't be looking at him otherwise, and their recent record is exceptional) - you should do everything to keep him.

It may benefit us in the short term i guess.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 with 1093 viewschrismakin

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:20 - Jul 14 by BseaBlue

Exactly! On that basis everyone at Barcelona would be on huge money because Messi is......

Yep. As being a messi. Is exactly the same as being an academy graduate.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 with 1095 viewsDanTheMan

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 by franz_tyson

We haven’t got a good history of turning youngsters into 10, 20, 30 million pound players. Norwich do though. If he is a success that’s down to the player and Norwich from now on. If he stayed, where is the actual evidence we could turn him into a PL player? And he wouldn’t be featuring next season much at League One level - if at all - anyway.
Maybe the 500k could be used to help bring in a ready-made player like Crooks. If it’s all about now, that Gibbs money is probably more use to us than Gibbs as a player.

These mental gymnastics are ridiculous.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:24 - Jul 14 with 1080 viewschrismakin

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 by DanTheMan

So is the upset as losing a kid who rejected an offer.

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:26 - Jul 14 with 1071 viewsDanTheMan

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:24 - Jul 14 by chrismakin

Imagine being disappointed we've lost a highly rated young player to our rivals. Crazy!

Login to get fewer ads

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:28 - Jul 14 with 1058 viewschrismakin

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:26 - Jul 14 by DanTheMan

Imagine being disappointed we've lost a highly rated young player to our rivals. Crazy!

Correct its disappointing the player rejected our offer to join our rivals.

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:30 - Jul 14 with 1058 viewslightuser

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 12:43 - Jul 14 by PhilTWTD

No, me neither really. I think it should have been thrashed out months ago, before the takeover even. Club just seems to have taken a take it or leave it approach to the situation. Haven't shown too much enthusiasm about keeping him, whereas Norwich have done quite the opposite from what I gather.

Just about the only people left at the club from the Evan's era are Klug, KD and LON.

So, who do you think is to blame for not being too keen on keeping the "highly rated" Gibbs, or would none of them have any input?

It just seems very odd that two totally different regimes have come to the same conclusion, so I can only conclude that the acadamy staff are the ones that have been consistently lukewarm about his potential to the old owner/very financially astute new chairman?
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:31 - Jul 14 with 1040 viewsfranz_tyson

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 by DanTheMan

OK, no problem. Just indicate who’ve we developed as a 10 million or 20 million player in the last 10 years? Would Gibbs be tearing it up next season ? Doubt it. Would that 500 k help to add 200-300k to get the Crooks bid over the line? Possibly.
We do this every time a youngster leaves for a big club…. they suddenly become a 20 million player without doing nothing for the first team.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:34 - Jul 14 with 1022 viewsBeckets

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:30 - Jul 14 by lightuser

Just about the only people left at the club from the Evan's era are Klug, KD and LON.

So, who do you think is to blame for not being too keen on keeping the "highly rated" Gibbs, or would none of them have any input?

It just seems very odd that two totally different regimes have come to the same conclusion, so I can only conclude that the acadamy staff are the ones that have been consistently lukewarm about his potential to the old owner/very financially astute new chairman?

Klug has gone on record as saying Gibbs is one of the most talented young players he has worked with so I think you can rule him out.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:35 - Jul 14 with 1013 viewsPhilTWTD

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:30 - Jul 14 by lightuser

I'm not sure his talent is unrecognised by any of those three. It's more a money-men matter, as I understand it.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:35 - Jul 14 with 1012 viewsjeera

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:24 - Jul 14 by chrismakin

That doesn't even make sense.

You understand what is meant by 'mental gymnastics' yes?

No one has had to to go any great lengths to explain why they feel disappointed at Gibbs' departure to our closest rivals.

Why do you feel the need to labour the same point over and over and over?

People have given their reason. Accept that not everything is about you.

You're driving people mad, and some away.

Look at other threads where you're getting a mention. The 'most ignored poster' etc.

Learn when to give it rest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:36 - Jul 14 with 1006 viewschrismakin

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:34 - Jul 14 by Beckets

Klug has gone on record as saying Gibbs is one of the most talented young players he has worked with so I think you can rule him out.

Klug says it about alot of players

Not many of them have actually gone on to much

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:37 - Jul 14 with 1001 viewsdirtyboy

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:31 - Jul 14 by franz_tyson

OK, no problem. Just indicate who’ve we developed as a 10 million or 20 million player in the last 10 years? Would Gibbs be tearing it up next season ? Doubt it. Would that 500 k help to add 200-300k to get the Crooks bid over the line? Possibly.
We do this every time a youngster leaves for a big club…. they suddenly become a 20 million player without doing nothing for the first team.

We'll never have a 10-20 million player when we're in League 1 no matter how good they are.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:43 - Jul 14 with 976 viewschrismakin

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:35 - Jul 14 by jeera

That doesn't even make sense.

You understand what is meant by 'mental gymnastics' yes?

No one has had to to go any great lengths to explain why they feel disappointed at Gibbs' departure to our closest rivals.

Why do you feel the need to labour the same point over and over and over?

People have given their reason. Accept that not everything is about you.

You're driving people mad, and some away.

Look at other threads where you're getting a mention. The 'most ignored poster' etc.

Learn when to give it rest.

Oh look another jeera post about driving people away. If they find it difficult to use the ignore function, perhaps online forums arent a place for them.

You're another example. Either use ignore or why reply. All your doing is contributing to the problem you have an issue with;)

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:43 - Jul 14 with 977 viewsDanTheMan

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:31 - Jul 14 by franz_tyson

Find the time I mentioned they'd be a 10 or 20 million player. But as a example, Rhodes was 8million back in 2012 so that's pretty much there.

I've not done it every time a young player has left the club. What I have seen recently is people bending over backwards to make out that every player who is leaving the club is rubbish anyway, whether that be Dozzell, Downes or Gibbs.

Would Gibbs be tearing it up here next season? No, probably not, but he is also still very young and could either go out on loan to get game time or be getting appearances from the bench etc.

So as I said, this mental gymnastics to prove that this is actually a brilliant decision from the club is absurd.

But I'm done with this, you can all get back to the "club can do no wrong" love in that seems to be occurring now.

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:47 - Jul 14 with 950 viewschrismakin

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:43 - Jul 14 by DanTheMan

Find the time I mentioned they'd be a 10 or 20 million player. But as a example, Rhodes was 8million back in 2012 so that's pretty much there.

I've not done it every time a young player has left the club. What I have seen recently is people bending over backwards to make out that every player who is leaving the club is rubbish anyway, whether that be Dozzell, Downes or Gibbs.

Would Gibbs be tearing it up here next season? No, probably not, but he is also still very young and could either go out on loan to get game time or be getting appearances from the bench etc.

So as I said, this mental gymnastics to prove that this is actually a brilliant decision from the club is absurd.

But I'm done with this, you can all get back to the "club can do no wrong" love in that seems to be occurring now.

Not sure anyone has said it's a brilliant decision as the decision fell on Gibbs and his agent.

What some people arent doing is being upset at the club for not paying more than what they wanted to pay.. which after 14 years of financial mismanagement should be applauded.

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:49 - Jul 14 with 942 viewsBeckets

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:36 - Jul 14 by chrismakin

Klug says it about alot of players

Not many of them have actually gone on to much

Not a lot of players. The other one he has mentioned individually is Ben Knights who went to Manchester City.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:49 - Jul 14 with 942 viewspennblue

I agree entirely. If they are any good, and have other clubs after them, they are all going to want a good deal.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:53 - Jul 14 with 916 viewsPhilTWTD

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:23 - Jul 14 by franz_tyson

The last paragraph may well be the way it's been looked at, particularly if PC doesn't particularly rate him or see him as someone who will be in the first team in the next couple of years.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:53 - Jul 14 with 915 viewsfranz_tyson

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:43 - Jul 14 by DanTheMan

Rhodes was 750k to a million back in 2009, I think. Maybe you’re thinking of Wickham back in 2011-2012. 9-10 years ago. Wickham was a 16 year old in a man’s body who was ready to play championship/ PL football at 16. Gibbs is 18 and wouldn’t get near the first team next season at Lea gue One level.
Yes, it’s sad that one of our best prospects leaves for our biggest rival, but we’ve had so many best prospects that flatter to deceive. Gibbs would probably get us more money than Bishop would bizarrely enough.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:59 - Jul 14 with 869 viewstimothyeo

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:49 - Jul 14 by Beckets

Not a lot of players. The other one he has mentioned individually is Ben Knights who went to Manchester City.

I thought chrismakin was making that up, and yes I agree with you. That's the only other named one I can recall.
If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 14:05 - Jul 14 with 846 viewsitfcjoe

If we're prepared to let Gibbs walk... on 13:59 - Jul 14 by timothyeo

I thought chrismakin was making that up, and yes I agree with you. That's the only other named one I can recall.

Yep, that’s the only other one he’s said it about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024