Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now 18:48 - Oct 20 with 5536 viewsBluearmy71

And that feeling (after a start that had some concerns) I can honestly say hand on heart that I am not missing any player we released over the summer, some of those released I loved more than others, a few I would have loved to have stayed but it wasn't to be, no matter where we finish this season I absolutely think one of the craziest things done by a manager of our club in my 44 year ( and counting) following and 33 years at Portman Road watching us history was the right thing to do for Ipswich Town Football Club!!
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 18:51 - Oct 20 with 3735 viewsJ2BLUE

Same.

Sadly we're going to get an update on Dozzell and Downes every 5 minutes for the next decade.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 18:53 - Oct 20 with 3699 viewsBluearmy71

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 18:51 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

Same.

Sadly we're going to get an update on Dozzell and Downes every 5 minutes for the next decade.

Oh Christ J2 that is so gonna happen, I'm sick of that already, good call.
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 18:56 - Oct 20 with 3678 viewsVic

Same.

We won’t if we do well.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:04 - Oct 20 with 3644 viewsBluearmy71

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 18:56 - Oct 20 by Vic

We won’t if we do well.

Let's hope so Vic
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:06 - Oct 20 with 3627 viewspositivity

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 18:56 - Oct 20 by Vic

We won’t if we do well.

we probably will, as we'll be playing against them!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:17 - Oct 20 with 3552 viewsChurchman

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:04 - Oct 20 by Bluearmy71

Let's hope so Vic

Ahh, but hope is what’s kept us going through years of neglect and dross, mediocrity and failure. We now have something more tangible than empty Evans waffle so let’s enjoy that feeling now.
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 3536 viewstextbackup

Not a single one.

But then I feel the same whoever left us, whenever that was.
Once they aren’t in blue they become a nothing.

It is funny though when you here how utterly hopeless Colchester are doing.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:31 - Oct 20 with 3480 viewsLeoMuff

Would have kept Downes if he wanted to stay but no one else, tempted by Gwion as on form he is a good fit for the Cook system, but sounds like he’s not getting much game time at Wigan so the right call

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 21:35 - Oct 20 with 3230 viewsGuthrum

Wilson if he'd been fitter and Chambers if younger might have made a serious contribution this season - but neither of them were. Otherwise, no, not really.

Even Downes and Dozzell, both of whom I rate highly on talent and potential, were not delivering with Ipswich, so it's better they've moved on.

The current attacking setup is immeasurably better.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:01 - Oct 20 with 3132 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Same.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying seeing our ex-players doing well and it is not mutually exclusive from either us succeeding or it still being the right thing for us as a club and them as players.

I have no doubt it was in the best interests of player and club in both of those cases.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:11 - Oct 20 with 3101 viewsWicklowBlue

Same.

Honestly J2 I'm really not interested in how they do but wish them well. I didn't follow previous departures such as Wickham and the more controversial Rhodes. Good luck to them and would be so happy for our ex players ripping it up wherever they are.

All that matters for me is how our own players perform.
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 3083 viewsKeaneish

Same.

Interestingly enough not Sears, Judge, Chambers or Skuse though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:18 - Oct 20 with 3050 viewsJ2BLUE

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:01 - Oct 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

There is nothing wrong with enjoying seeing our ex-players doing well and it is not mutually exclusive from either us succeeding or it still being the right thing for us as a club and them as players.

I have no doubt it was in the best interests of player and club in both of those cases.

I was not telling other people how to think or what to post. Merely pointing out that we are going to hear about them forever.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:29 - Oct 20 with 2996 viewsitfcjoe

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:22 - Oct 20 by textbackup

Not a single one.

But then I feel the same whoever left us, whenever that was.
Once they aren’t in blue they become a nothing.

It is funny though when you here how utterly hopeless Colchester are doing.

If Colchester win their next game they’ll have made the exact same start as us - 17 points from 13 games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:30 - Oct 20 with 2987 viewsitfcjoe

Same.

Good to hear about players who we have a significant sell on fee doing well - if Downes carries on as he is then we could make another good chunk of money

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:44 - Oct 20 with 2925 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 19:31 - Oct 20 by LeoMuff

Would have kept Downes if he wanted to stay but no one else, tempted by Gwion as on form he is a good fit for the Cook system, but sounds like he’s not getting much game time at Wigan so the right call

There’s no way in a million years I’d rather have Gwion instead of Edwards, Celina, Burns or Aluko. He’d never have got a game here either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:47 - Oct 20 with 2908 viewsBluearmy71

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:30 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Good to hear about players who we have a significant sell on fee doing well - if Downes carries on as he is then we could make another good chunk of money

And if his heart was truly with us (same as Dozzel) we could have got promoted or at least a better transfer fee for both!!
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:49 - Oct 20 with 2900 viewstextbackup

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:29 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

If Colchester win their next game they’ll have made the exact same start as us - 17 points from 13 games

Still, L2, so massive step down for some of them and where they were.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:59 - Oct 20 with 2857 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:15 - Oct 20 by Keaneish

These utter wasters will still be welcomed like heroes by some when they come back to PR in 3 weeks time for the Pizza Cup game.
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 23:00 - Oct 20 with 2859 viewsArnieM

I don’t think any of last seasons squad would even make the bench for us this season. And I do mean any of them !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 23:19 - Oct 20 with 2802 viewsMelford

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:30 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Town Target Non-League Youngster 12th Dec 2012 10:26
Town are believed to be closing in on the signing of 19-year-old Chippenham Town defender Tyrone Mings. We understand Mings recently spent time on trial at Playford Road and impressed manager Mick McCarthy. 22

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 00:47 - Oct 21 with 2717 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 23:00 - Oct 20 by ArnieM

I don’t think any of last seasons squad would even make the bench for us this season. And I do mean any of them !

Apart from those that are actually in the current starting XI and/or on the bench, eh?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 07:28 - Oct 21 with 2450 viewsfranz_tyson

If things don’t improve and Cook gets the boot, he still will have done the right thing in getting rid of the vast majority of that squad. How he went about it - different conversation, but it was right. Most of those players needed to leave, whether it was they were too old, not good enough or just needed a fresh start elsewhere. Downes was the only one I think would improve the side, but he wanted to leave and it’s right he did. Good move for him - that’s football.
Wilson is another possible one, but that’s because someone like Burgess has had a shaky start and hasn’t looked an upgrade. Can’t remember us getting too upset when Wilson left, but now his name crops up as he’s doing well at Plymouth.
More interested in lads like Ndaba and Simpson who seem to be getting good loans elsewhere. Pity about Dobra not getting enough minutes, but if he can’t get that at Col U - would he get it here?
I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 07:29 - Oct 21 with 2449 viewsVic

Same.

I also suspect that is is what most clubs who’s whole life is spend in div 3 & 4 experience as they see one young player after another let’s go to other clubs. They do it to survive, we did it by choice, but still there must be the same ‘if only’. I don’t really think we’ll have massive regrets about letting them go, though I still don’t like the way it was done (but let’s not open that argument up again please!!) imagine being crewe who have been the starting place for som many good players!

As an aside, I remember back in the day when we had players other clubs wanted to buy - Talbot, Warky, Mariner, etc. All left and we followed them with interest - but from memory none of them were really much better after leaving us.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 08:00 - Oct 21 with 2378 viewsDubtractor

I've felt like this for 8 weeks or so now on 22:15 - Oct 20 by Keaneish

Not surprising that people are more interested in the career of two highly rated kids that came through our youth system, compared with a load of old pros winding down their career is it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024