Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina should start every game 08:32 - Nov 3 with 1275 viewssyntaxioo555

Celina is our best player on paper, and it shows through perfomances last night, if we play Celina good things will happen.
Celina should start every game on 08:34 - Nov 3 with 1255 viewsHerbivore

He was excellent last night but Chaplin has also been really good in that role lately. I'd be tempted to play Celina on the left and Chaplin as a 10. We've got ridiculous options in those roles behind Bonne so I expect we'll see a fair bit of rotation depending on form, fitness, and who we're playing. Celina's ability to find space and make things happen on the ball was crucial last night though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina should start every game on 08:34 - Nov 3 with 1258 viewswkj

This is a bit of Deja vu - as people said the same when Mick was here.

It's an impossible situation really as Chaplin is undroppable, and Edwards and Celina link up really nicely

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Celina should start every game on 08:34 - Nov 3 with 1253 viewsEdwardStone

I was wondering if he was going to be Impact Sub yesterday....I'm just so glad he startred, and indeed finished, the match

What a player
Celina should start every game on 08:40 - Nov 3 with 1198 viewsTractorCam

Celina should start every game on 08:34 - Nov 3 by wkj

This is a bit of Deja vu - as people said the same when Mick was here.

It's an impossible situation really as Chaplin is undroppable, and Edwards and Celina link up really nicely

Not sure you can say he's undroppable when he was dropped, didn't come off the bench and we scored 4. It shows the quality we have though that someone will always miss out like Chaplin, Celina, Edwards. Wonder if Fraser comes back into the equation?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Celina should start every game on 08:42 - Nov 3 with 1186 viewswkj

Celina should start every game on 08:40 - Nov 3 by TractorCam

Not sure you can say he's undroppable when he was dropped, didn't come off the bench and we scored 4. It shows the quality we have though that someone will always miss out like Chaplin, Celina, Edwards. Wonder if Fraser comes back into the equation?

I didn't even clock that he was on the bench, I assumed he was unavailable.

Crybaby

Celina should start every game on 08:47 - Nov 3 with 1142 viewsFixed_It

I have never, ever seen a player with such quick feet. Those stepovers in the second half were unreal. First Division football? You're having a laugh...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Celina should start every game on 08:47 - Nov 3 with 1137 viewsSteve_M

Nope, it's a squad game and utilising the players we have in the squad will improve our chances. He was very good last night though, a level above nearly everyone else on the pitch at times in the first half.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Celina should start every game on 08:49 - Nov 3 with 1116 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Celina should start every game on 08:47 - Nov 3 by Fixed_It

I have never, ever seen a player with such quick feet. Those stepovers in the second half were unreal. First Division football? You're having a laugh...

Agreed.

Considering he signed for Dijon for reportedly close to £3m a year ago on £20k pw wages, it was quite some coup to get him on loan after a season in Ligue 1.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Celina should start every game on 08:54 - Nov 3 with 1072 viewswkj

Celina should start every game on 08:49 - Nov 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Considering he signed for Dijon for reportedly close to £3m a year ago on £20k pw wages, it was quite some coup to get him on loan after a season in Ligue 1.

I feel that Celina is always going to do best as a kind of Big Fish in a Small Pond type setup. Admittedly, I didn't keep tabs on him at Dijon - but he didn't seem too industrious there by virtue of the stat sheet.

Crybaby

Celina should start every game on 10:34 - Nov 3 with 900 viewschicoazul

Celina has to play Edwards has to play Chaplin has to play Burns has to play Aluko has to play
No problems are good problems but…..

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Celina should start every game on 10:39 - Nov 3 with 875 viewsSomethingBlue

Unfortunately he'll have to miss the Oxford game due to internationals, which is annoying because it'd be good to get five or six straight starts in him. Absolute class above last night though, and in patches before that to be fair, looked so sharp throughout. The joy of our options is that we can rotate, use different weapons and keep people fresh when other teams don't really have that luxury — but I broadly agree that with Celina firing we're a better side.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Celina should start every game on 10:42 - Nov 3 with 850 viewsjayessess

6 Goals/Assists in 5 starts is ridiculous. Got to be room for both him and Chaplin, I would've thought?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Celina should start every game on 10:42 - Nov 3 with 844 viewstractorboy1978

Celina should start every game on 10:39 - Nov 3 by SomethingBlue

Unfortunately he'll have to miss the Oxford game due to internationals, which is annoying because it'd be good to get five or six straight starts in him. Absolute class above last night though, and in patches before that to be fair, looked so sharp throughout. The joy of our options is that we can rotate, use different weapons and keep people fresh when other teams don't really have that luxury — but I broadly agree that with Celina firing we're a better side.

Surely if Morsy gets called up too we will postpone it? I know he hasn't been recently but he can't be far off surely.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 10:43]
Celina should start every game on 10:43 - Nov 3 with 841 viewshype313

I think that was always the plan from the outset, only a Covid issue and a non existent pre season put pay to that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Celina should start every game on 10:46 - Nov 3 with 810 viewsclive_baker

Celina should start every game on 08:34 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

He was excellent last night but Chaplin has also been really good in that role lately. I'd be tempted to play Celina on the left and Chaplin as a 10. We've got ridiculous options in those roles behind Bonne so I expect we'll see a fair bit of rotation depending on form, fitness, and who we're playing. Celina's ability to find space and make things happen on the ball was crucial last night though.

I would go along with that, Celina - Chaplin - Burns with Edwards off the bench perhaps. Harsh too on Fraser who will still have a role to play this season. Those 5 competing for 3 spots is excellent depth, not to mention Aluko who has proven a lot of people wrong so far this season, good on him. Scary the quality we’ve got there, especially compared to the dross we saw in recent seasons.

Mad to think it’s only 6.5 months ago that we were losing 3-0 to Northampton with a front 2 of Sears and Jackson, with Bennetts and Edwards on the wings. Drinan, Hawkins and Dobra off the bench. Horrible.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Celina should start every game on 10:49 - Nov 3 with 790 viewsN2_Blue

Did anyone at the game last night hear the very vocal voice criticizing Celina all through the first 25 minutes? 'Useless', 'hasn't touched the ball', 'Luxury', 'Shouldn't be starting' etc.

Directly behind the goal towards back of stand. Strangely different hear him mutter another word after his goal.

He was superb. Even in the first 20 when sure he hadn't touched the ball much I personally thought he was full of effort and covering a huge amount of ground and tracking runners which was good to see. You can't really criticize someone for not touching the ball when the team hasn't had any possession!

So glad Bersant shut that guy up! He's going to be a huge player this season, he's way above this level.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Celina should start every game on 10:52 - Nov 3 with 764 viewsSomethingBlue

Celina should start every game on 10:42 - Nov 3 by tractorboy1978

Surely if Morsy gets called up too we will postpone it? I know he hasn't been recently but he can't be far off surely.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 10:43]

Needs three to be called up and not sure we'll stretch to that. Think Egypt are fairly strong at the moment so, while Morsy is clearly not a million miles away, doubt he'll get the call unless they have injuries.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Celina should start every game on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 756 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Yes. Based on last night he's undroppable as he was phenomenal. He's too good for this league it's patently obvious.

He's such a threat for the opposition defenders when having a ball at his feet.
Celina should start every game on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 751 viewsSamWhiteUK

Celina should start every game on 08:47 - Nov 3 by Steve_M

Nope, it's a squad game and utilising the players we have in the squad will improve our chances. He was very good last night though, a level above nearly everyone else on the pitch at times in the first half.

There was a fantastic pass he played in the first half, ball went out to the left hand side at around the halfway mark, he ran out to meet it and, with a single touch, spun and played the ball straight to the feet of the Town player in the centre of the field, unmarked.
Celina should start every game on 10:55 - Nov 3 with 737 viewsfranz_tyson

Have to say that Morsy, Edmundson, Bonne and Burns should start every game before Celina. I prefer Chaplin as a number 10, but if Celina puts in a performance like that then he should start the next game. His shirt to lose with someone like Chaplin to come in. Healthy competition.
Celina should start every game on 10:59 - Nov 3 with 714 viewsitfcsuth

His attacking numbers are really good, and that is what he there for, to deliver creative flair in the final third.

I do think as with all flair players, he will have a spell where he will drop off the boil, but then you have fantastic options in Chaplin/Fraser to step in and step up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024