Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know some people are interested and some aren’t… 07:28 - Nov 4 with 1956 viewshoppy

But was pleased to see Dozzell got a fabulous assist for the QPR winner last night… Andre through to Andre… (from about 50 secs)

[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 9:21]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:10 - Nov 4 with 1862 viewsElephantintheRoom

I'm sure we're not alone in following a club with an undervalued Ipswich player in their midst.

it's kind of disappointing to skim through the Swansea, Lincoln and Cambridge games and see Town's contingent are more often than not absent through injury.Again

But not many of these outcasts have dropped far in their search for gainful employment - even Cambridge are doing pretty well for relegation favourites

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:33 - Nov 4 with 1815 viewsArnieM

The thing that always strikes me as a major difference between league one and championship / PL football is the amount of space / time players have on the ball. In league one players are invariably bundled off the ball or scythed down unceremoniously before they get the chance to do anything with the ball. The only way to best this tactic is to move the ball quickly with short passes ( which we are doing now). AD could never cope with the physicality of league one. He also needs good players around him for him to shine. I wish him well and hopefully we will soon be playing against his Rangers side .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:36 - Nov 4 with 1804 viewsScuzzer

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:10 - Nov 4 by ElephantintheRoom

I'm sure we're not alone in following a club with an undervalued Ipswich player in their midst.

it's kind of disappointing to skim through the Swansea, Lincoln and Cambridge games and see Town's contingent are more often than not absent through injury.Again

But not many of these outcasts have dropped far in their search for gainful employment - even Cambridge are doing pretty well for relegation favourites

Not sure Dozzell can be classed as 'undervalued'.
He was seen by many as the one player who could turn into our saviour.
Never saw that myself...after his bad injury.

Established 1968

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:36 - Nov 4 with 1800 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Nice” slightly undersells it. If Morsy did that the board would break. Superb assist.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:36 - Nov 4 with 1801 viewsITFCBlues

Superb pass. Just doesn't do that often enough for me.

On the flip side, what a mess Micks left Cardiff in. Another club he departs that's left to pick up the pieces again.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:41 - Nov 4 with 1773 viewsbelgablue

That is some pass. Hope it works out well for him.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:58 - Nov 4 with 1688 viewsclive_baker

Lovely ball and lovely run and finish.

Let’s be honest we were never going to see the best of Dozzell in Lambert / Evans’ dire Ipswich that was even more of a circus off the field than it was on. The move in the summer was a shame in some respects as I do believe he’s a very good footballer with potential. I never liked him in the middle in a 2, he doesn’t have enough breadth to his game and he’s too lightweight. To play in that role you need to do a bit of everything, like an Evans, and importantly at this level you need a pair of balls. That was Lambert’s biggest failing I think, the amount of times we lined up with Dozzell, Bishop, Nolan, McGavin etc who can all play football but barely have a b0llock between them. It didn’t help that Downes was out for so long, but Dozzell simply won’t cut it at this level in a 2 without doing much more off the ball. I remain convinced he’s best suited as a #10, that’s where his game is, doing damage with his vision and ability to execute those passes in the final third. Not that that’s an area we’re short of quality though, with Celina and Chaplin who frankly you could argue are both Championship players.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 09:14 - Nov 4 with 1639 viewsFixed_It

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:58 - Nov 4 by clive_baker

Lovely ball and lovely run and finish.

Let’s be honest we were never going to see the best of Dozzell in Lambert / Evans’ dire Ipswich that was even more of a circus off the field than it was on. The move in the summer was a shame in some respects as I do believe he’s a very good footballer with potential. I never liked him in the middle in a 2, he doesn’t have enough breadth to his game and he’s too lightweight. To play in that role you need to do a bit of everything, like an Evans, and importantly at this level you need a pair of balls. That was Lambert’s biggest failing I think, the amount of times we lined up with Dozzell, Bishop, Nolan, McGavin etc who can all play football but barely have a b0llock between them. It didn’t help that Downes was out for so long, but Dozzell simply won’t cut it at this level in a 2 without doing much more off the ball. I remain convinced he’s best suited as a #10, that’s where his game is, doing damage with his vision and ability to execute those passes in the final third. Not that that’s an area we’re short of quality though, with Celina and Chaplin who frankly you could argue are both Championship players.

Both Celina and Chaplin are better footballers than Andre. Andre has talent, but rarely uses it effectively and does not influence games.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 09:16 - Nov 4 with 1622 viewsArnieM

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 09:14 - Nov 4 by Fixed_It

Both Celina and Chaplin are better footballers than Andre. Andre has talent, but rarely uses it effectively and does not influence games.

Agree totally with you in this 👍

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 09:21 - Nov 4 with 1596 viewshoppy

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:36 - Nov 4 by Swansea_Blue

“Nice” slightly undersells it. If Morsy did that the board would break. Superb assist.

Edited to 'fabulous'.

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 09:23 - Nov 4 with 1580 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 09:21 - Nov 4 by hoppy

Edited to 'fabulous'.

Marvelous!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 09:30 - Nov 4 with 1523 viewsstrikalite

Think without a doubt as long as he can keep injury free his best years are yet to come...
I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 12:03 - Nov 4 with 1360 viewsSitfcB

The Orwell Pirlo by Mullet 3 Nov 2021 21:07
What an assist this is
https://twitter.com/LiamQPRFC_/status/1455997047186857985?s=20

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 12:06 - Nov 4 with 1355 viewshoppy

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 12:03 - Nov 4 by SitfcB

The Orwell Pirlo by Mullet 3 Nov 2021 21:07
What an assist this is
https://twitter.com/LiamQPRFC_/status/1455997047186857985?s=20

Yes, I saw that this morning, much later after I'd posted - I did give a glance down the board to see if it had been posted before I did, but obviously missed this one. Should've been obvious, with the title "The Orwell Pirlo" shouldn't it?!

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 12:08 - Nov 4 with 1344 viewswkj

it looks to me that Doz has bulked up - I wonder if they worked on his strength when the signed him- something we knew we needed to do for ages.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 12:15 - Nov 4 with 1320 viewsChurchman

I think it’s sad that Dozzell and Downes came into the team at the time the club was at its lowest point. An uncared for, under invested shambles of a club. It’s a question of unlucky timing, particularly for Andre Dozzell who has a lot of career catching up to do. Downes will have a good upper Championship (possibly lower PL) career now, providing he stays fit.

If they’d wanted to be here it’d been great to retain them, but sometimes it’s time to move on - for the benefit of all parties. Good luck to both of them.
I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 12:32 - Nov 4 with 1283 viewsArnieM

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 12:08 - Nov 4 by wkj

it looks to me that Doz has bulked up - I wonder if they worked on his strength when the signed him- something we knew we needed to do for ages.

I question why do many of our developed young players are so scrawny. Then when they go to other clubs they bulk up. Is it just that they get bigger over that last physical growth spurt, or as a result of different training techniques? Because if it’s the latter then hopefully that’s something the new regime will be looking into going forward.

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 17:37 - Nov 4 with 1063 viewsfergalsharkey

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 08:36 - Nov 4 by Swansea_Blue

Evans knocks balls like that in his sleep, far superior to Dozzell.

Poll: Cook out?

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 17:45 - Nov 4 with 1044 viewspositivity

nice pass, cardiff seem to have gone from 5 centre-backs to zero!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 18:52 - Nov 4 with 991 viewsHipsterectomy

who cares

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 18:55 - Nov 4 with 986 viewshoppy

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 18:52 - Nov 4 by Hipsterectomy

who cares

"I know some people are interested and some aren’t"

Put you down in the "aren't" column then.

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 19:37 - Nov 4 with 934 viewsGeoffSentence

Can anyone here lip read? It looks to me as if Gray thought it was pretty good too.

"that was fwking brilliant"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 19:45 - Nov 4 with 914 viewsKropotkin123

Dozzell at his best - through-ball past four players. Hopefully he can go from strength to strength.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I know some people are interested and some aren’t… on 20:14 - Nov 4 with 877 viewschrismakin

I'm interested as it could lead to us having a nice chunk of future transfer fee.
Same with Downes.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024