Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the board want/expect promotion this season 17:12 - Nov 20 with 1912 viewsColchesterBlue1985

then Cook will be gone very soon. If they aren’t bothered which some seem to suggest whether it’s this season or next he will always do just enough to stay in the job. Before anybody says it’s not just a defeat to a top 6 side. Our home is poor and shows no signs of getting better any time soon then we must take points away from home.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 17:13]
If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:13 - Nov 20 with 1520 viewsCheltenham_Blue

They've already said they don't. Why won't you listen?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:13 - Nov 20 with 1510 viewschrismakin

IF the board were that desperate for promotion this season, PC would have gone many weeks ago.

They are content with whats happening. We just have to go with it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:16 - Nov 20 with 1458 viewsColchesterBlue1985

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:13 - Nov 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Then my question is “how can they not expect it?” We have spent a small fortune and I would be disappointed with a 3-6th finish. We should be in or around the top 6 no excuses.
If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:17 - Nov 20 with 1434 viewspennblue

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:13 - Nov 20 by chrismakin

IF the board were that desperate for promotion this season, PC would have gone many weeks ago.

They are content with whats happening. We just have to go with it.

I would not say they would be content with what is happening. Todays result will have heaped a load more pressure onto Paul Cook and the team. Very disappointing indeed. They definitely did not deserve to lose, but it is a results business, and the start of the season was allowed, on the basis that the results start to come.

Huge match on Tuesday night now. We need a win to settle us down again.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:17 - Nov 20 with 1425 viewschrismakin

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:16 - Nov 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

Then my question is “how can they not expect it?” We have spent a small fortune and I would be disappointed with a 3-6th finish. We should be in or around the top 6 no excuses.

Because the chairman and CEO believe that it takes more than 1 summer to build a promotion winning team?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:19 - Nov 20 with 1406 viewsXYZ

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:13 - Nov 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

That's a bit naive.

The board of any FC will always publicly back the manager until they sack him.

They will have their breaking point, but it's not yet is my guess.
If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:19 - Nov 20 with 1407 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:16 - Nov 20 by ColchesterBlue1985

Why 'should' we? Because a few town fans like you say so?
Ashton himself said you can change a whole team and ethos in one transfer window.
O'Leary said, "If it takes a couple of years, so be it"

Yet you know better than experienced football men? Right.

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:19 - Nov 20 with 1402 viewspennblue

I agree Top 6 is where we should be. But there are still a lot of games to go, and that Jan transfer window should move us up another level, as it is now clear where we need to strengthen.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:20 - Nov 20 with 1392 viewsbrazil1981

Grow up!
If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 1370 viewspatrickswell

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:17 - Nov 20 by pennblue

I would not say they would be content with what is happening. Todays result will have heaped a load more pressure onto Paul Cook and the team. Very disappointing indeed. They definitely did not deserve to lose, but it is a results business, and the start of the season was allowed, on the basis that the results start to come.

Huge match on Tuesday night now. We need a win to settle us down again.

But a win won’t settle us. We’d follow it up with more dropped points.
If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 1368 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:19 - Nov 20 by XYZ

That's a bit naive.

The board of any FC will always publicly back the manager until they sack him.

They will have their breaking point, but it's not yet is my guess.

It won't be this season. This group certainly do not want to be seen as being 'ruthless' and definitely want to do everything 'The Ipswich way'.

It's very important to them.

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 1368 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:17 - Nov 20 by chrismakin

Because the chairman and CEO believe that it takes more than 1 summer to build a promotion winning team?

How many teams in this division have lots of new player, Wigan and Mk Dons notably, they look like fairly solid outfits. We took MK Dons best player and Wigans best midfielder. We are not getting the best out of these players.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:22 - Nov 20 with 1342 viewshomer_123

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:17 - Nov 20 by chrismakin

Well...looking at our current squad...its tough to argue or suggest we don't have the quality on paper to automatically go up.

Our squad is utterly ridiculous for L1.

If we are not promoted...tough to see many of these staying IMHO.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:31 - Nov 20 with 1289 viewsXYZ

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:21 - Nov 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

It won't be this season. This group certainly do not want to be seen as being 'ruthless' and definitely want to do everything 'The Ipswich way'.

If we don't finish in a decent position our players' values will have dropped and the punt on Celina will be wasted funds.

That's very important to them. If they feel a change of manager is better for their long term investment then that's what they will do.

They're not sentimentalists.
If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:32 - Nov 20 with 1282 viewsTheBlueGnu

Barbara Knox

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:37 - Nov 20 with 1247 viewsjayessess

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:21 - Nov 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

They'll need it to improve very markedly from here or they'll find it very difficult not to be ruthless.

They had a very fair wind this Summer, lots of fan enthusiasm, lots of goodwill, lots of willingness to spend money and back the team. That's just not going to be there come season ticket renewal time if we've drifted for months and look likely to post a 3rd successive mid-table finish.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 17:42]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:46 - Nov 20 with 1194 viewsRyorry

Every club's fans in every league think "we should be in or around the top 6 no excuses" (or higher) - that's a major part of why we watch football!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:49 - Nov 20 with 1184 viewsitfcsuth

I personally think we are too inconsistent to challenge the top 6 right now.

But we are a long way away from suggesting Cook should be gone, let’s not be too irrational. He will be here for the full season I’m sure, and I’m sure everything will be assessed then.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 17:58]
If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:52 - Nov 20 with 1142 viewspointofblue

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:21 - Nov 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

How many teams in this division have lots of new player, Wigan and Mk Dons notably, they look like fairly solid outfits. We took MK Dons best player and Wigans best midfielder. We are not getting the best out of these players.

Exactly. The overhaul argument doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:57 - Nov 20 with 1120 viewsBlueBadger

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:46 - Nov 20 by Ryorry

Every club's fans in every league think "we should be in or around the top 6 no excuses" (or higher) - that's a major part of why we watch football!

The difference being here though, is that most clubs' supporters don't have reasonable grounds for thinking that.

We've got a budget that would compare with a few Championship teams and a manager with a track record of promotions from this division.

Yet, here we are, languishing in mid table. Again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:59 - Nov 20 with 1095 viewsHerbivore

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:46 - Nov 20 by Ryorry

I'd say that's patently not true. I doubt, for example, that a single Morecambe fan started this season thinking they should be in or around the top 6. They'd be delighted to stay in this league for another year.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 18:02 - Nov 20 with 1068 viewsVic

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:49 - Nov 20 by itfcsuth

I personally think we are too inconsistent to challenge the top 6 right now.

But we are a long way away from suggesting Cook should be gone, let’s not be too irrational. He will be here for the full season I’m sure, and I’m sure everything will be assessed then.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 17:58]

Unless we’ve peaked and now just meander for the rest of the season.

I don’t think promotion is the demand, but continued improvement should be. If we can continue incremental improvement over the rest of the season we won’t be far away from PO’s at the end.

Not getting anything out of today’s game is a big blow though. It’s very disappointing that we’ve stopped scoring at just the time we needed to beat the better teams.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 18:03 - Nov 20 with 1044 viewsHerbivore

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 18:02 - Nov 20 by Vic

Unless we’ve peaked and now just meander for the rest of the season.

I don’t think promotion is the demand, but continued improvement should be. If we can continue incremental improvement over the rest of the season we won’t be far away from PO’s at the end.

Not getting anything out of today’s game is a big blow though. It’s very disappointing that we’ve stopped scoring at just the time we needed to beat the better teams.

We're 9th in the current form table, that's not suggesting incremental improvement unfortunately.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 18:07 - Nov 20 with 1011 viewschrismakin

The town fan side of me Still thinks promotion is on.

The football fan side of me still thinks promotion was lost many many weeks ago.

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 18:24 - Nov 20 with 947 viewsHorseboy

If the board want/expect promotion this season on 17:19 - Nov 20 by pennblue

I agree Top 6 is where we should be. But there are still a lot of games to go, and that Jan transfer window should move us up another level, as it is now clear where we need to strengthen.

Really? We are already very well stocked for players, probably to many TBH, not sure some will be paid what we are paying at this level so chopping players will come at a cost both ways selling and purchasing either permanent or loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024