Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely disgusting decision 19:34 - Dec 4 with 2844 viewsParky

Ipswich Town now the club who don’t give managers time and will for the future go through 2,3 managers a season.

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:56 - Dec 4 with 833 viewsZapers

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:36 - Dec 4 by SitfcB

♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️♻️

Will be back in this situation in 6 months time.

I'm afraid you could well be right.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:58 - Dec 4 with 821 viewsTonytown

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:51 - Dec 4 by Parky

I don’t mind being wrong for supporting a decent manager at my club. Sacking someone 20 games into a season after an entire overhaul on and off the pitch is just plain wrong.

I look forward to you wanting the new man out this time next year.

I think we all hope that a new manager with a proper team of coaches, the players that we have and some more in January might be able to beat Barrow, Arsenal’s kids & Oldham at home.

I’d also expect better than 11th in Div 3 at almost the half way point of the season.

The main problem with Cook, was the lack of any real sign of improvement.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:59 - Dec 4 with 809 viewsChurchman

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:36 - Dec 4 by homer_123

Care to explain how giving managers time over the last 15 years has helped us?

I don't want be hire and fire but this is the right decision.

It hasn’t, but over that fifteen years, by and large (MM apart) we’ve employed a bunch of spanners.

I’d have given him until the play offs were no longer a possibility, personally, but we are where we are.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:00 - Dec 4 with 802 viewsRyorry

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:58 - Dec 4 by Tonytown

I think we all hope that a new manager with a proper team of coaches, the players that we have and some more in January might be able to beat Barrow, Arsenal’s kids & Oldham at home.

I’d also expect better than 11th in Div 3 at almost the half way point of the season.

The main problem with Cook, was the lack of any real sign of improvement.

Plus fresh pairs of eyes.

I think sometimes managers are just so stuck in & close to the situation that they become unable to see the wood for the trees.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:00 - Dec 4 with 802 viewsBlue_Heath

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:35 - Dec 4 by Terra_Farma

This is my concern

What that we'd be in the premier league again?
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:02 - Dec 4 with 786 viewsvilanovablue

Or understand it isn't working. If we recycle managers like Watford then I'll have this convo again in the Premiership.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:02 - Dec 4 with 778 viewsMetal_Hacker

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:36 - Dec 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'd rather adopt a Watford culture than continue what we've always been doing.

I’d rather adopt any culture so long as it serves as a positive because at the moment (last 15 years ) it’s been negative

Loyalty counts for nothing either way so yeah let’s have a change in culture

Poll: If it were one or the other

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:04 - Dec 4 with 756 viewsberkstractorboy

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:50 - Dec 4 by Parky

Yeah John McGreal, the bloke who’s managed in League Two his entire career is a better option. [Even for the interim]

Forgive me but how is Cook the right option when we are getting progressively worse not better! 3 very average performances in the last week against teams we should be far more comfortable against.

If the players have stopped playing for him then there really is no way back whether we like it or not.
Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:05 - Dec 4 with 745 viewsstrikalite

7 home wins in 30 or something like that isn't it?

He ran out of excuses..
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:06 - Dec 4 with 741 viewsfooters

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:02 - Dec 4 by Metal_Hacker

I’d rather adopt any culture so long as it serves as a positive because at the moment (last 15 years ) it’s been negative

It's honestly a real shame things haven't worked out for Cook. There was so much optimism going into this season, it was great. Haven't felt like that in donkey's years. But it just wasn't working for whatever reason.

Hopefully a new man (or indeed woman) can change that around and give us back that little bit of hope.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:08 - Dec 4 with 725 viewsJ2BLUE

Dry your eyes mate.

It wasn't working.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:09 - Dec 4 with 714 viewsDripFedFred

All the guff from the owners about being willing to give it a bit of time has been shown to be nonsense. I'm not sure what they think they're going to gain from this decision at this stage of the season.

We're a basket case.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:11 - Dec 4 with 682 viewspointofblue

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:50 - Dec 4 by Parky

Yeah John McGreal, the bloke who’s managed in League Two his entire career is a better option. [Even for the interim]

To be fair, I much prefer us to go down the interim route which shows we do not have an agreement in place with someone to immediately take over. Shows more respect than Evans ever did for the most part.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:12 - Dec 4 with 672 viewsjas0999

He was out of his depth.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:15 - Dec 4 with 648 viewsLeoMuff

It is a bit of a worry that effectively we have given him 19 league games to get it right, as clearly whatever was vocalised the cups didn’t matter, they went through the motions, and last seasons squad was a shambles and now are retired or in league 2 apart from the ones who wanted out.

However he has hand picked the best squad and under performed, personally I would have given him a bit longer, but I’m not unhappy we start again. Let’s hope we pick right this time as we can’t keep doing this.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:15 - Dec 4 with 633 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:02 - Dec 4 by Metal_Hacker

Our owners' genuine ambition is to rebuild the club so they don't care about Ipswichs culture from the past. Nice, placid Ipswich giving managers a time. Enough of this sh1t !

Brutal but right decision by them today !!!!
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:17 - Dec 4 with 620 viewsFoD_Blue

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:37 - Dec 4 by homer_123

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is the definition of madness.

Isn't that what Cook was doing with his formation and constantly playing one up front?
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:18 - Dec 4 with 599 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:15 - Dec 4 by LeoMuff

It is a bit of a worry that effectively we have given him 19 league games to get it right, as clearly whatever was vocalised the cups didn’t matter, they went through the motions, and last seasons squad was a shambles and now are retired or in league 2 apart from the ones who wanted out.

However he has hand picked the best squad and under performed, personally I would have given him a bit longer, but I’m not unhappy we start again. Let’s hope we pick right this time as we can’t keep doing this.

He had 36 league games, 20 of them this season. Our form over those games was bottom half of the third division. Genuinely, he can have no complaints.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:23 - Dec 4 with 561 viewsChurchman

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:15 - Dec 4 by LeoMuff

Agreed. And you are right, we can’t keep doing this. I hope they’ve already put work in on a suitable replacement, whatever that might look like..
Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:26 - Dec 4 with 540 viewsHARRY10

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:12 - Dec 4 by jas0999

He was out of his depth.

We have been taken over by a bunch of short term money grubber. Let's not kid ourselves.

They borrowed on the strength of relative instant success. Unfortunately it appears they hired the wrong half of a successful partnership. Not only was he not up to the job, but was not too good at signing players either. Nor picking a back room staff either.

It will be interesting to see where PC finds himself after leaving us. As with the coaching staff. A bread round beckons for at least one.

However, as said we are now owned by a fairly ruthless concern. And will have to show that they are capable of returning not only the money put in, but interest on top. Other wise the money might just as well as sat in the bank safely.

We are in new territory. A new manager will be under no illusions that success (winning) is a must from the word go. That might put off a fair few. We shall have to wait and see.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 21:12 - Dec 4 with 496 viewsChurchman

Absolutely disgusting decision on 20:26 - Dec 4 by HARRY10

We have been taken over by a bunch of short term money grubber. Let's not kid ourselves.

They borrowed on the strength of relative instant success. Unfortunately it appears they hired the wrong half of a successful partnership. Not only was he not up to the job, but was not too good at signing players either. Nor picking a back room staff either.

It will be interesting to see where PC finds himself after leaving us. As with the coaching staff. A bread round beckons for at least one.

However, as said we are now owned by a fairly ruthless concern. And will have to show that they are capable of returning not only the money put in, but interest on top. Other wise the money might just as well as sat in the bank safely.

We are in new territory. A new manager will be under no illusions that success (winning) is a must from the word go. That might put off a fair few. We shall have to wait and see.

So what was Evans? Captain philanthropic? Captain Quick Flip more like. 14 years proved that.

Gamechanger may be as you describe them. Time will tell. They may just want their own person and have set standards they don’t think Cook can meet. Yes, they want a return, but the club has to succeed to get that return.

Cook will I’m sure be in demand and succeed. His track record screams that and I don’t think 3 months with a bunch of wasters and 4 months struggle with his own players will change that.
Absolutely disgusting decision on 21:32 - Dec 4 with 464 viewssotd78

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:51 - Dec 4 by Parky

I don’t mind being wrong for supporting a decent manager at my club. Sacking someone 20 games into a season after an entire overhaul on and off the pitch is just plain wrong.

I look forward to you wanting the new man out this time next year.

I thought he'd get three transfer windows. It's hasty and smacks of being lobbied by the usual vocal minority.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Absolutely disgusting decision on 21:41 - Dec 4 with 446 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Absolutely disgusting decision on 19:48 - Dec 4 by Parky

John McGreal👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Please answer the question?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024