Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) 12:37 - Dec 16 with 13120 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 with 1621 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:25 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I'm not making it up, was what I was told.

I'm not saying you are making it up, I'm just saying that that view of events is either BS or the club is going to be a joke longer term.

I think because so little information out there, people are getting overexcited with some info and joining the dots themselves and making up the details.

McKenna is a front runner, as is/was Harris - there may also be one or two others.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 with 1614 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:25 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I'm not making it up, was what I was told.

Do you think it is the right way to do it? There wasn't that much opposition to Harris anyway was there? Opinion on here seemed split. No more or less split than it will be on this guy surely?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 with 1607 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:26 - Dec 16 by portmanking

I've heard similar from someone else in the last 30 mins.

Thank you. I heard it 2 days ago but chose not to say anything. Is it really that hard to believe tho, these Americans are so keen on fan engagement, they are not your usual English businessman.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 16 with 1538 viewsNeedhamChris

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Thank you. I heard it 2 days ago but chose not to say anything. Is it really that hard to believe tho, these Americans are so keen on fan engagement, they are not your usual English businessman.

We all slated the likes of Keaneish for the idea that opinions on here were responsible for the sacking of Cook.

However, if your post is true - then surely we have to accept that the sudden decision to sack Cook might have been too?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 16 with 1539 viewsZx1988

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

I'm not saying you are making it up, I'm just saying that that view of events is either BS or the club is going to be a joke longer term.

I think because so little information out there, people are getting overexcited with some info and joining the dots themselves and making up the details.

McKenna is a front runner, as is/was Harris - there may also be one or two others.

What about the fact that a number of the people who were stating on here that it was all but a done deal are posters who have shown in the past to have contacts who legitimately know what is going on?

Folks with that sort of reputation don't get overexcited and post 'def info' unless they're either sure of it, or know that their sources are reliable.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 16 with 1526 viewsclive_baker

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you think it is the right way to do it? There wasn't that much opposition to Harris anyway was there? Opinion on here seemed split. No more or less split than it will be on this guy surely?

Harris wouldn't put up with performances like last night for too long, I'm pretty sure of that much.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 16 with 1519 viewsportmanking

Harris was essentially offered the job on Mon/Tues. Club went quiet on him. He badgered them multiple times and it's gone cold. That's the narrative I'm told.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:32 - Dec 16 with 1479 viewsNeedhamChris

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 16 by portmanking

Harris was essentially offered the job on Mon/Tues. Club went quiet on him. He badgered them multiple times and it's gone cold. That's the narrative I'm told.

Personally I'd be uninspired but still pretty happy with Harris - he's a Championship level manager so still an element of 'punching' to get him.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Login to get fewer ads

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:32 - Dec 16 with 1482 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 16 by portmanking

EXACTLY what ive been told. He's super keen on it and has phoned Ashton multiple times, badgering him for an answer. we've essentially blanked him for now and moved on. im glad you've heard the same.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:32 - Dec 16 with 1472 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Then why move on to someone who is equally unlikely to garner support from all?

They need to realise rapidly you can please some of the fans some of the time but you will never please all of the fans al of the time. The best way to get close is to focus on bringing success on the pitch.

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:34 - Dec 16 with 1430 viewsMetal_Hacker

You know what , none us know yet as nothing has been confirmed

Whoever it is and whenever it is what chance do they have if we as a fan base condemn them before they've even started

This club is a bl00dy mess

Get behind whoever it is and put our trust and efforts into being successful again

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:34 - Dec 16 with 1411 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

Someone else having heard the same tells me its true. I'm glad its not Harris, but im not sure I agree with looking for fan reaction.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:35 - Dec 16 with 1376 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 16 by NeedhamChris

We all slated the likes of Keaneish for the idea that opinions on here were responsible for the sacking of Cook.

However, if your post is true - then surely we have to accept that the sudden decision to sack Cook might have been too?

More likely resounding boos at the ground than just a sample of opinion from a few dozen posters on a message board.

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:35 - Dec 16 with 1362 viewschicoazul

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 12:47 - Dec 16 by Kieran_Knows

He’ll need a bloody good backroom team behind him.

Gilmartin and Dyer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:36 - Dec 16 with 1322 viewsportmanking

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:32 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

EXACTLY what ive been told. He's super keen on it and has phoned Ashton multiple times, badgering him for an answer. we've essentially blanked him for now and moved on. im glad you've heard the same.

Yep, not a good look for Ashton again after the way he dealt with the whole Michael Jacobs saga.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:36 - Dec 16 with 1278 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:34 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Someone else having heard the same tells me its true. I'm glad its not Harris, but im not sure I agree with looking for fan reaction.

Or that you have got it from the same source which isn't actually telling the truth?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:37 - Dec 16 with 1275 viewsZx1988

If you're the expert CEO you make yourself out to be, you have courage in your convictions and stand by what you believe to be the right choice. Running the club by leaking decisions and seeing what the reaction is will only ever end badly.

Christ, a significant portion of the fan base was up in arms when Joe Royle was appointed. Thank goodness Sheepshanks didn't listen to them.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 16 with 1177 viewstimothyeo

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:36 - Dec 16 by portmanking

Yep, not a good look for Ashton again after the way he dealt with the whole Michael Jacobs saga.

Not a good look for the future of this club either. I'd have been hugely disappointed with Harris but at least it would have shown a sense of decisiveness about getting the man they wanted.

I know the owners are American but it's starting to feel we're not far away from the owners making every decision based on a TWTD poll.

And considering how many were happy at the Hurst appointment, how many defended Lambert for a year too long and how many still defend Cook, it doesn't fill me with much confidence.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 16 with 1176 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:37 - Dec 16 by Zx1988

If you're the expert CEO you make yourself out to be, you have courage in your convictions and stand by what you believe to be the right choice. Running the club by leaking decisions and seeing what the reaction is will only ever end badly.

Christ, a significant portion of the fan base was up in arms when Joe Royle was appointed. Thank goodness Sheepshanks didn't listen to them.

Im not saying they leaked it on purpose. Im saying that when rumours got out about it possibly being him, they saw the reaction and reconsidered.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 16 with 1169 viewsclive_baker

Of course, it is possible that the same rumour found its way to more than 1 person.

I'm curious about the suggestion that Harris was offered the job on Monday. I'm not sure that's true.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 with 1061 viewsSomethingBlue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 16 by timothyeo

Not a good look for the future of this club either. I'd have been hugely disappointed with Harris but at least it would have shown a sense of decisiveness about getting the man they wanted.

I know the owners are American but it's starting to feel we're not far away from the owners making every decision based on a TWTD poll.

And considering how many were happy at the Hurst appointment, how many defended Lambert for a year too long and how many still defend Cook, it doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I don't think this is true at all re owners getting cold feet, but would add that they seem more likely to take their vibes from the Talking Town crew, which is problematic in itself.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 with 1030 viewsjeera

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:35 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

More likely resounding boos at the ground than just a sample of opinion from a few dozen posters on a message board.

Where does this weird narrative keep coming from?

Before Cook's dismissal there were a number of people understandably pointing out things weren't going right.

Anyone would think there had been mass demonstrations outside the ground and threats made to families.

What a load of drama, seriously.

I can't speak for Twitter - I do know that anything goes on there but don't get involved. Maybe it was bad on there?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:43 - Dec 16 with 1013 viewsportmanking

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

Of course, it is possible that the same rumour found its way to more than 1 person.

I'm curious about the suggestion that Harris was offered the job on Monday. I'm not sure that's true.

They were dotting the I's and crossing the T's Monday evening contractually and then Harris heard nothing from Tues onwards.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:44 - Dec 16 with 975 viewsjeera

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 by SomethingBlue

I don't think this is true at all re owners getting cold feet, but would add that they seem more likely to take their vibes from the Talking Town crew, which is problematic in itself.

Crikey.

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:45 - Dec 16 with 933 viewsjeera

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

The poster there has had a sniff of bits in the past I believe and has some credibility.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024