Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) 12:37 - Dec 16 with 13118 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:45 - Dec 16 with 1990 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you think it is the right way to do it? There wasn't that much opposition to Harris anyway was there? Opinion on here seemed split. No more or less split than it will be on this guy surely?

Do we know, with 100% certainty that he actually applied for the role?

No.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:46 - Dec 16 with 1987 viewshatch

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:43 - Dec 16 by portmanking

They were dotting the I's and crossing the T's Monday evening contractually and then Harris heard nothing from Tues onwards.

It's feasible if Harris has family in Suffolk that rumours could spread, but I expect most of our dealings since takeover have involved NDAs.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:47 - Dec 16 with 1929 viewsclive_baker

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:43 - Dec 16 by portmanking

They were dotting the I's and crossing the T's Monday evening contractually and then Harris heard nothing from Tues onwards.

Hmm sounded like it wasn't at that stage from my source on Monday. Harris has had a couple of interviews though and is as keen as mustard on the job, as he was when Lambert was sacked (and met with ME).

My instinct is that the recruitment process perhaps hasn't gone / isn't going quite to plan.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:48 - Dec 16 with 1923 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

I'm not saying you are making it up, I'm just saying that that view of events is either BS or the club is going to be a joke longer term.

I think because so little information out there, people are getting overexcited with some info and joining the dots themselves and making up the details.

McKenna is a front runner, as is/was Harris - there may also be one or two others.

You are a man tuned in with youth football Joe. Do you know anything about McKenna from his days as a youth coach ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:57 - Dec 16 with 1740 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:34 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Someone else having heard the same tells me its true. I'm glad its not Harris, but im not sure I agree with looking for fan reaction.

Well they've probably heard the same thing from the same person as you.

I had 4 messages today saying McKenna is done, between 12.17pm and 12.20pm, from 4 people who don't know each other - someone is spreading the same stuff to lots of people and it is becoming an echo chamber.

That's not to say the crux of what has been said is wrong, but hearing the same thing as someone else means little.

I think McKenna is probably going to get it as things stand, but I never felt Harris would be the way we'd go earlier this week - I don't believe the narrative that Harris had it, club saw reaction, then totally changed path, it isn't credible

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:59 - Dec 16 with 1664 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:48 - Dec 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

You are a man tuned in with youth football Joe. Do you know anything about McKenna from his days as a youth coach ?

Only that he was very highly rated at Spurs, and that was seen as a real coup when Man U got him.

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:02 - Dec 16 with 1583 viewseireblue

Sir Bobby Robson had Mourinho as an assistant, and Jose went on to promote McKenna.

Well there’s a thing.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:07 - Dec 16 with 1463 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:57 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

Well they've probably heard the same thing from the same person as you.

I had 4 messages today saying McKenna is done, between 12.17pm and 12.20pm, from 4 people who don't know each other - someone is spreading the same stuff to lots of people and it is becoming an echo chamber.

That's not to say the crux of what has been said is wrong, but hearing the same thing as someone else means little.

I think McKenna is probably going to get it as things stand, but I never felt Harris would be the way we'd go earlier this week - I don't believe the narrative that Harris had it, club saw reaction, then totally changed path, it isn't credible

When Portmanking said about Harris set to be appointed, judging by your posts you believed him. Ive said something ive heard, he's said he's heard the same, but apparently this bit of info isn't true

It does seem the way that people don't want to believe things they don't want to hear. And this isn't me arguing or whatever, I respect your opinion, and if you believe it not to be true, fair enough!
Login to get fewer ads

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:08 - Dec 16 with 1442 viewsfabian_illness

I heard McKenna set out a very detailed tactical plan for last night.

Unfortunately the carrier pigeon with the notes taped to his leg flew into the wrong changing room.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:14 - Dec 16 with 1319 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:07 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

When Portmanking said about Harris set to be appointed, judging by your posts you believed him. Ive said something ive heard, he's said he's heard the same, but apparently this bit of info isn't true

It does seem the way that people don't want to believe things they don't want to hear. And this isn't me arguing or whatever, I respect your opinion, and if you believe it not to be true, fair enough!

I was always talking hypothetically re Harris being appointed - I stated that a couple of times, as I will with McKenna

I think McKenna is definitely a front runner, and would not be at all surprised to see it happen - I would be surprised if it's today like some are saying though.

I don't believe though that we've got Harris ready to sign a contract, and have now totally blanked him because of the fan reaction. It's simply not credible for that to have happened.

I think in reality the process is going slower than people want and they are getting ahead of themselves - and certain people are sharing bits they've heard and it is Chinese whispers into an echo chamber.

I'm certainly not saying you are wrong re McKenna, I just think the rest of it has become muddled as people filled in the gaps

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:15 - Dec 16 with 1304 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 12:46 - Dec 16 by Mediocre_Quick

People saying he was at Barrow last night and he picked the team & formation, allegedly, but could be Cruncher trying to drum up bolliux again a la Lawrence coming back

That's obviously nonsense. Why on earth would the club do that secretly? What do they have to gain from it?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:16 - Dec 16 with 1283 viewspointofblue

If there is a hint of the board reacting to fan reaction then switching horses then I have to wonder what they’ll do now McKenna’s name has leaked and there’s been a similar, mixed, reaction as Harris got.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:18 - Dec 16 with 1256 viewsCaptainAhab

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:15 - Dec 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

That's obviously nonsense. Why on earth would the club do that secretly? What do they have to gain from it?

And if he did pick the team and formation last night is it too late to back out??
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:20 - Dec 16 with 1204 viewsportmanking

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:14 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

I was always talking hypothetically re Harris being appointed - I stated that a couple of times, as I will with McKenna

I think McKenna is definitely a front runner, and would not be at all surprised to see it happen - I would be surprised if it's today like some are saying though.

I don't believe though that we've got Harris ready to sign a contract, and have now totally blanked him because of the fan reaction. It's simply not credible for that to have happened.

I think in reality the process is going slower than people want and they are getting ahead of themselves - and certain people are sharing bits they've heard and it is Chinese whispers into an echo chamber.

I'm certainly not saying you are wrong re McKenna, I just think the rest of it has become muddled as people filled in the gaps

You don't have to believe it, but it's true. Harris has been pestering Ashton and the PR switchboard since Tues. There was an anticipation that he and his staff would have travelled up to Barrow to meet the squad, but radio silence since. I've got nothing to suggest that the decision is down to fan reaction and maybe McKenna simply interviewed better, but Harris and staff had agreed the outline of terms Monday eve.

I've also got nothing to suggest that McKenna is signing/has signed today. My only info is re. Harris.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:22 - Dec 16 with 1178 viewsDanTheMan

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 by SomethingBlue

I don't think this is true at all re owners getting cold feet, but would add that they seem more likely to take their vibes from the Talking Town crew, which is problematic in itself.

Christ almighty, I hope that isn't true.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:22 - Dec 16 with 1178 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:20 - Dec 16 by portmanking

You don't have to believe it, but it's true. Harris has been pestering Ashton and the PR switchboard since Tues. There was an anticipation that he and his staff would have travelled up to Barrow to meet the squad, but radio silence since. I've got nothing to suggest that the decision is down to fan reaction and maybe McKenna simply interviewed better, but Harris and staff had agreed the outline of terms Monday eve.

I've also got nothing to suggest that McKenna is signing/has signed today. My only info is re. Harris.

But for all we know an outline agreement of terms will be how every second interview ends?

And EDIT - This is what I mean about people filling in the gaps to make up a narrative about it.

You have heard this re Harris, someone else has heard something now re McKenna and now it is gospel to some that its because club deliberatly leaked it and fan reaction bad etc
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 14:23]

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:25 - Dec 16 with 1094 viewsDowson

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:20 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I haven't said this on here because I know the reaction. From what ive heard is that the job was all but harris's, hence why it was leaked on here. The owners saw the fan reaction and reconsidered it

That is almost certainly a load of BS. Maybe it will be McKenna but I can say with some certainty that part was made up and if anyone believes that then I worry for them.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:26 - Dec 16 with 1069 viewswkj

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:25 - Dec 16 by Dowson

That is almost certainly a load of BS. Maybe it will be McKenna but I can say with some certainty that part was made up and if anyone believes that then I worry for them.

It does come across as a bit of WhatsApp group chinny reckon gossip to me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:27 - Dec 16 with 1063 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:22 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

But for all we know an outline agreement of terms will be how every second interview ends?

And EDIT - This is what I mean about people filling in the gaps to make up a narrative about it.

You have heard this re Harris, someone else has heard something now re McKenna and now it is gospel to some that its because club deliberatly leaked it and fan reaction bad etc

FYI I never said club deliberately leaked it.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:27 - Dec 16 with 1051 viewsportmanking

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:22 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

Where have I created a narrative?!

I know nothing about McKenna and haven't suggested the club's leaked anything?

Harris was as good as ours Mon night. He's attempted to conclude matters with Ashton and co. since Tues and been met with radio silence. That's literally all I've said.

EDIT: I did respond to abracaDOBRA by saying that fan reaction can be the only reason why Harris has been sidelined, but as I said earlier, McKenna or whoever the new guy may be could just have interviewed better. Harris has been treated badly however, given his keenness on the position.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 14:31]
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:28 - Dec 16 with 1032 viewswkj

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:22 - Dec 16 by DanTheMan

Christ almighty, I hope that isn't true.

To be quite honest, I have found all but Kings Of Anglia podcast to be quite poor this season. I would hope that none of them create any kind of sway.

Crybaby

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:37 - Dec 16 with 905 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:27 - Dec 16 by portmanking

Where have I created a narrative?!

I know nothing about McKenna and haven't suggested the club's leaked anything?

Harris was as good as ours Mon night. He's attempted to conclude matters with Ashton and co. since Tues and been met with radio silence. That's literally all I've said.

EDIT: I did respond to abracaDOBRA by saying that fan reaction can be the only reason why Harris has been sidelined, but as I said earlier, McKenna or whoever the new guy may be could just have interviewed better. Harris has been treated badly however, given his keenness on the position.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 14:31]

I haven't you have created a narrative, just plenty of people are putting 2 + 2 together here

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:42 - Dec 16 with 832 viewsElderGrizzly

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:20 - Dec 16 by portmanking

He's phoning the switchboard? If so, i'd take the hint if I was him
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:44 - Dec 16 with 812 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:46 - Dec 16 with 781 viewswkj

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:44 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Looks promising

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024