Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) 12:37 - Dec 16 with 13090 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:04 - Dec 16 with 2001 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Found an old comment from Super Jim about him:

He is a meticulous planner yet every session is spontaneous. Nothing is set in stone. He adjusts the session to how the players are and gets what he wants out of the session. Everything is linked and game related. Nothing is for show — it has to be about the game.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 16 with 1984 viewsblueboyd

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 12:45 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Think you need to lower your expectations... Didn't you think we had a possibility of getting Lampard?

Yes.
Paul McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 16 with 1965 viewsfactual_blue

Hypnotism is the way forward.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:06 - Dec 16 with 1930 viewsLeoMuff

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 12:46 - Dec 16 by Mediocre_Quick

People saying he was at Barrow last night and he picked the team & formation, allegedly, but could be Cruncher trying to drum up bolliux again a la Lawrence coming back

Well that’s a worry if do,never looked so disjointed first half

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:08 - Dec 16 with 1881 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:04 - Dec 16 by LeighOnSeaBlue

Found an old comment from Super Jim about him:

He is a meticulous planner yet every session is spontaneous. Nothing is set in stone. He adjusts the session to how the players are and gets what he wants out of the session. Everything is linked and game related. Nothing is for show — it has to be about the game.

It will be important for him to get the right people working with him. Man Utd's performances are not just about him and neither will ours be, although he will be the man responsible for coordinating everything and making the final decisions.

It is not an inspiring appointment but Lambert and Cook were and look where they took us. Let's hope those who have appointed him have really done their homework and found the best choice and not just the one who talks the best game.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:10 - Dec 16 with 1855 viewsBonneNIL

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 12:57 - Dec 16 by tractordownsouth

Not sure how to feel about this. I like the idea we're giving someone their first opportunity in senior management but Man Utd have been such a poorly coached team this year.

Will get behind him though of course.

This shouldn't be any manager's first job in my view. I think the club is in a bad way and it needs someone with more experience, and experience of this league to build a 5-year recovery. I'd take Harris over McKenna on that basis, but it's going round that Harris has withdrawn his application now? Just a bizarre time for this club.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:13 - Dec 16 with 1763 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:10 - Dec 16 by BonneNIL

This shouldn't be any manager's first job in my view. I think the club is in a bad way and it needs someone with more experience, and experience of this league to build a 5-year recovery. I'd take Harris over McKenna on that basis, but it's going round that Harris has withdrawn his application now? Just a bizarre time for this club.

Why would Harris withdraw? If he doesn't think he is up to the task then good. If he has a Championship job offer then lucky him. Why else would he withdraw (unless he is ill or something)?

We have had experienced managers come in to sort this out. We need someone that will work whoever it is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:14 - Dec 16 with 1746 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't know anything about him other that what's on wiki, but this exactly the type of approach I've wanted to see from us for about 15 years. We should be looking at up and coming coaches who've got a lot of experience for a young age and who've earned their spurs (pun intended) at top clubs. We may unearth an absolute gem.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:15 - Dec 16 with 1722 viewshatch

Man Utd fans don't think a lot of him:

https://www.redcafe.net/search/628860/?q=kieran+mckenna&o=relevance

But assistant coach to Man Utd is a slightly different kettle of fish to coaching Barrow's whipping boys. It would be a different managerial approach we've not had before and how many coaches from big clubs have we seen go onto big things? Quite a few.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:15 - Dec 16 with 1705 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:14 - Dec 16 by Swansea_Blue

I don't know anything about him other that what's on wiki, but this exactly the type of approach I've wanted to see from us for about 15 years. We should be looking at up and coming coaches who've got a lot of experience for a young age and who've earned their spurs (pun intended) at top clubs. We may unearth an absolute gem.

Completely agree. we've tried every other type, we haven't tried this one. lets hope it works.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:16 - Dec 16 with 1630 viewsPMac13

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:13 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why would Harris withdraw? If he doesn't think he is up to the task then good. If he has a Championship job offer then lucky him. Why else would he withdraw (unless he is ill or something)?

We have had experienced managers come in to sort this out. We need someone that will work whoever it is.

Maybe he had a look on here and thought stuff that….
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:17 - Dec 16 with 1614 viewsphillymark

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 12:41 - Dec 16 by blueboyd

and what has he done in his career?

Learning the ropes at Spurs and Man Utd and ready for his first job as boss. Young, ambitious with superb apprenticeships.

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:20 - Dec 16 with 1532 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:13 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I haven't said this on here because I know the reaction. From what ive heard is that the job was all but harris's, hence why it was leaked on here. The owners saw the fan reaction and reconsidered it
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 16 with 1424 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:20 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I haven't said this on here because I know the reaction. From what ive heard is that the job was all but harris's, hence why it was leaked on here. The owners saw the fan reaction and reconsidered it

This is such a BS narrative - if it isn't then the club is in big trouble.

Going to appoint a very experienced manager, see fans don't like it, so change course so far we now go with a total rookie.

It doesn't in anyway pass the smell test and if our recruitment is that haphazard then God help us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 16 with 1412 viewsNeedhamChris

Hmm, I don't find this reassuring at all. I'd much rather they focus on what they think is the right appointment rather than a popular one

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 16 with 1404 viewsportmanking

That has to be the case re. Harris. As I've said elsewhere, people I'd chatted with knew too much for it not to have advanced.

Led to believe Harris was as keen as mustard on the role.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:25 - Dec 16 with 1353 viewspointofblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:08 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

It will be important for him to get the right people working with him. Man Utd's performances are not just about him and neither will ours be, although he will be the man responsible for coordinating everything and making the final decisions.

It is not an inspiring appointment but Lambert and Cook were and look where they took us. Let's hope those who have appointed him have really done their homework and found the best choice and not just the one who talks the best game.

Correction - Lambert was never an inspiring appointment. Hurst possibly, Cook definitely, Lambert never.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:25 - Dec 16 with 1339 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

Going to appoint a very experienced manager, see fans don't like it, so change course so far we now go with a total rookie.

It doesn't in anyway pass the smell test and if our recruitment is that haphazard then God help us

I'm not making it up, was what I was told.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:26 - Dec 16 with 1295 viewsportmanking

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:25 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I'm not making it up, was what I was told.

I've heard similar from someone else in the last 30 mins.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:27 - Dec 16 with 1266 viewstimothyeo

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

I hugely doubt it, but if this is actually true and our owners / board are changing decisions based on potential fan reaction then the club is absolutely done.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:27 - Dec 16 with 1243 viewsBseaBlue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:26 - Dec 16 by portmanking

That is seriously worrying then.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:27 - Dec 16 with 1229 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:24 - Dec 16 by portmanking

That has to be the case re. Harris. As I've said elsewhere, people I'd chatted with knew too much for it not to have advanced.

Was what I was told and makes sense with timeline. Apparently its just a BS narrative from me though.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 16 with 1217 viewsZx1988

It would seem that way for sure.

When it picked up pace on Monday, established posters on here were confirming that those who were saying it tended to have had reliable sources in the past. Portmanking, for example.

Given the PR focus of the current ownership, I would not have been at all surprised if they were leaking things in order to gauge the reaction of the fans.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 13:29]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 16 with 1209 viewsclive_baker

He was as keen as mustard when Lambert was sacked too. To be fair to the bloke he really, really wants it. I personally find it highly unlikely that the club would leak it to get a feel for public opinion, but if that is the case then we're completely f**ked. Ashton and co are paid a lot to make the big decisions and to get them right.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 16 with 1197 viewsgordon

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:26 - Dec 16 by portmanking

Can believe that the Americans are that clueless, to be fair. Their whole schtick has been about wanting to be liked, be the saviour, be popular with the fans etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024