Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. 08:59 - Dec 14 with 2775 viewsMaySixth

I'm not suite sure why.

He plays the PR/media game well which is easy.

He has loads of money to spend so getting all those players in the summer was not particularly difficult.

He sacked Cook without a Plan A which is baffling.

When is he the target?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:00 - Dec 14 with 2426 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How do you know he didn't have a plan?

The level of Bed wetting on here is amazing.

P.S. I'm not even a big Ashton fan.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:03 - Dec 14 with 2364 viewsBseaBlue

'He has loads of money to spend so getting all those players in the summer was not particularly difficult'

Wow! Did you even bother reading that back?
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:05 - Dec 14 with 2351 viewsDubtractor

Why does there even need to be a target ffs?

Cook lost his job because he performed it poorly, there really isn't much more to it.

Could he have been given a bit longer? Maybe, but can't really have many complaints in the cold light of day.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 9:17]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:06 - Dec 14 with 2333 viewsghostofescobar

Have you read this forum recently? I must have missed the "dazzled by Ashton" day. Has seemed the polar opposite on here, with most comments seeming to have the knives drawn at him.

GhostOfEscobar

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:06 - Dec 14 with 2327 viewswkj

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:05 - Dec 14 by Dubtractor

Why does there even need to be a target ffs?

Cook lost his job because he performed it poorly, there really isn't much more to it.

Could he have been given a bit longer? Maybe, but can't really have many complaints in the cold light of day.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 9:17]

Because town fans need their Moaner Boner

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:08 - Dec 14 with 2300 viewsMattinLondon

Your post is ridiculous
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:11 - Dec 14 with 2277 viewsgordon

Not dazzled, myself. Ultimately he should be held accountable for the success of the football team. If by the end of the season we're abusing another load of players and wanting to sack them off and turf out another manager, then I do think we'd be better off saving some of that energy for thinking about Ashton's role. Not there yet though, obviously.
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:24 - Dec 14 with 2219 viewsChurchman

Well thanks to a Bristol City bloke with an axe to grind, he already is a target.

Getting players in with no time to prepare was actually some achievement. That they’ve not fitted together is a separate issue.

More than half the people on this Board wanted Cook out and many of the rest thought he’d made a pigs ear of it.

The PR media game is not easy to play. In a different world I only saw it played from the sidelines. It’s anything but easy, which is why people who work in it tend to be paid quite well.

Like I hope Harris gets, Ashton should be judged on what he does, not selected utterances from Bristol City’s weirds. Ok there is a Brentishness about him, action man doll beard etc. slightly oily.

However, I don’t know the bloke, not met him. I don’t wish to and it’s not a popularity contest anyway. I just want him to do a good job. To date, he’s done well for me. Putting much needed structure in the club, talking about its development off the pitch in particular. Make no mistake, Evans wrecked it and left very little bar a few people trying their best (LON for one, who has notably been retained).

He now has some questions to answer re the timing of sacking Cook and his replacement. I’ll be very interested to hear what he has to say before passing judgement. Pile in when there’s something to pile in about, not because not just on the words of an oddball obsessive.
Login to get fewer ads

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:29 - Dec 14 with 2190 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:31 - Dec 14 with 2173 viewsHerbivore

Pretty much everything about this post is wrong. Even by your standards, that's impressive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:36 - Dec 14 with 2158 viewswrightsrightglove

Not sure I’ve seen anyone ‘dazzled’ by Ashton. But in the summer he seemingly gave cook and the fans everything they wanted, he’s made several positive improvements to the stadium already, he’s brought in a professional back room set up, he’s sacked an underperforming manager and we don’t even know who the replacement is yet or how they’ll perform over the rest of the season. Not sure what he needs to be targeted for exactly?
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:42 - Dec 14 with 2118 viewsSomethingBlue

Target for what, exactly? Moronic know-nothing abuse by morons?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 10:01 - Dec 14 with 2070 viewsBlueBadger

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:42 - Dec 14 by SomethingBlue

Target for what, exactly? Moronic know-nothing abuse by morons?

Nah, just tears from the CoC who were happily singing his praises when Cookie was spunking a massive transfer budget because their Dear Leader has been sacked for performing worse than his predecessor with allegedly better players.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 10:10 - Dec 14 with 2038 viewsChurchman

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 10:01 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

Nah, just tears from the CoC who were happily singing his praises when Cookie was spunking a massive transfer budget because their Dear Leader has been sacked for performing worse than his predecessor with allegedly better players.

This massive transfer budget. According to MA what came in more or less equalled what went out in terms of fees, salary etc. what is the evidence for the ‘massive transfer budget’? What is the evidence of him telling lies about this? I suspect we spent marginally more and our wages might be a little, greater, but I’d be interested to know by how much, bearing in mind we had some high earners last year and a 40+ squad of unfit dross.

Spending on salaries for club employees, ground: yes that was obviously far greater since Evans didn’t spend anything on infrastructure.
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 10:14 - Dec 14 with 2030 viewsbluejacko

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 10:10 - Dec 14 by Churchman

This massive transfer budget. According to MA what came in more or less equalled what went out in terms of fees, salary etc. what is the evidence for the ‘massive transfer budget’? What is the evidence of him telling lies about this? I suspect we spent marginally more and our wages might be a little, greater, but I’d be interested to know by how much, bearing in mind we had some high earners last year and a 40+ squad of unfit dross.

Spending on salaries for club employees, ground: yes that was obviously far greater since Evans didn’t spend anything on infrastructure.

So in other words he has done a bloody good job of actually managing the finances then!
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 07:43 - Dec 16 with 1837 viewsMaySixth

Puppets

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 08:02 - Dec 16 with 1759 viewstimothyeo

I dont rate Ashton and there's a reason fans of his previous clubs have nothing good to say about him.

However let's see who he brings in as manager. If we finish the season midtable then yes, he has also been a failure.
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 08:07 - Dec 16 with 1727 viewsIpswichKnight

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 08:02 - Dec 16 by timothyeo

I dont rate Ashton and there's a reason fans of his previous clubs have nothing good to say about him.

However let's see who he brings in as manager. If we finish the season midtable then yes, he has also been a failure.

Yet they are all in a better position than when he joined them. Sounds like he does know what he’s doing and Bristol City fans in particular got ideas well above there station and when he didn’t deliver the premier league and European titles within 1 season they turned, yet they are an established championship club with first rate facilities we’d give anything for that.
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:41 - Dec 16 with 1601 viewsFevsBCFC

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 08:07 - Dec 16 by IpswichKnight

Yet they are all in a better position than when he joined them. Sounds like he does know what he’s doing and Bristol City fans in particular got ideas well above there station and when he didn’t deliver the premier league and European titles within 1 season they turned, yet they are an established championship club with first rate facilities we’d give anything for that.

Why do several posters spout this bullsh1t rhetoric that we had ideas above our station? We are a club who’ve spent 95% of our history flip-flopping between Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Under Ashton and Johnson we finished 18th, 17th, 8th, 11th, 12th (then 19th under Holden / Pearson). There is delusions of grandeur….just a trend of worsening performance / results at high cost

Your forum rightly spends a lot of its focus on what has happened on the pitch, I see little looking at the finances and this is where Ashton will play a part in impacting you over in time. Do not believe Ashton’s claim you were “about net zero” on transfers in the summer. Unfortunately you’ll be waiting a year before those accounts confirm it.
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:58 - Dec 16 with 1563 viewswkj

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 09:41 - Dec 16 by FevsBCFC

Why do several posters spout this bullsh1t rhetoric that we had ideas above our station? We are a club who’ve spent 95% of our history flip-flopping between Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Under Ashton and Johnson we finished 18th, 17th, 8th, 11th, 12th (then 19th under Holden / Pearson). There is delusions of grandeur….just a trend of worsening performance / results at high cost

Your forum rightly spends a lot of its focus on what has happened on the pitch, I see little looking at the finances and this is where Ashton will play a part in impacting you over in time. Do not believe Ashton’s claim you were “about net zero” on transfers in the summer. Unfortunately you’ll be waiting a year before those accounts confirm it.

In as polite a way possible- Let us make our own f'kups without having to worry about the history of yours. Fear not, when the time is right, we will have the hump with Ashton all by ourselves if we need to.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 10:34 - Dec 16 with 1486 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tedious

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 11:29 - Dec 16 with 1399 viewsDMDC

David Brent mark 2.
Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 11:46 - Dec 16 with 1356 viewsWeekender

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 07:43 - Dec 16 by MaySixth

Puppets

Great reply

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 13:45 - Dec 16 with 1255 viewsMaySixth

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 11:46 - Dec 16 by Weekender

Great reply

Thanks

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 13:53 - Dec 16 with 1220 viewsitfcjoe

Some people on here are dazzled by Mark Ashton. on 10:10 - Dec 14 by Churchman

The playing wage bill is far, far higher - we are paying serious money now and it was alwasy overstated how much players were getting under Evans, we were a low paying club in the Champ but obv in League 1 it was big. It's now huge

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024