Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) 12:37 - Dec 16 with 13140 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:47 - Dec 16 with 1255 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:46 - Dec 16 by wkj

Looks promising

They are MAN U ffs, we are league 1 Ipswich Town. the downfall of Man U isn't to do with one back room staff coach
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:49 - Dec 16 with 1229 viewswkj

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:47 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

They are MAN U ffs, we are league 1 Ipswich Town. the downfall of Man U isn't to do with one back room staff coach

what if I meant "Looks Promising" without irony, because of that fact

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:49 - Dec 16 with 1232 viewsclive_baker

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:44 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Don't think anyone disputed his imminent arrival, just the fabrication around Harris knocking on the ticket office door looking for an update, and leaks to TWTD to test public sentiment. If that was the case, where was the reading of McKenna sentiment.

Either way, it's done now and we've taken an almighty punt to move Cook on and replace him with a rookie. The sense in that decision won't be known for a while, but what I would urge all fellow Town fans to do is to get behind the team and lets see where we can go.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:51 - Dec 16 with 1194 viewspointofblue

Bit concerned we’re hiring a coach from a side who have seemingly lost the ability to press as a unit.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 15:01 - Dec 16 with 1115 viewsGuthrum

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:23 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

This is such a BS narrative - if it isn't then the club is in big trouble.

Going to appoint a very experienced manager, see fans don't like it, so change course so far we now go with a total rookie.

It doesn't in anyway pass the smell test and if our recruitment is that haphazard then God help us

Unless the club were negotiating with Harris, then McKenna became a possibility and they switched targets. That would still fit the sequence of events people have heard, but be somewhat more plausible, in my view.

I can see why they might take fan reaction into account at a tricky time for the club when maximum support is needed and goodwill is there to be lost, but I think it would be very bad to use as a main guiding principle.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 15:05 - Dec 16 with 1070 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:51 - Dec 16 by pointofblue

Bit concerned we’re hiring a coach from a side who have seemingly lost the ability to press as a unit.

As a matter of interest, who is the perfect manager without any faults for you and why is he available for ITFC in League 1?

I doubt McKenna or anyone else will be perfect at everything but trust that he will put together a coaching team. If Magic (just for an example) is part of that, do you think we will fail at learning to press the opposition?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 15:24 - Dec 16 with 996 viewspointofblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 15:05 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

As a matter of interest, who is the perfect manager without any faults for you and why is he available for ITFC in League 1?

I doubt McKenna or anyone else will be perfect at everything but trust that he will put together a coaching team. If Magic (just for an example) is part of that, do you think we will fail at learning to press the opposition?

Would have liked us to hire Anthony Barry if we were taking the up and coming coach approach. Wouldn’t have minded Karl Robinson or Liam Manning either.

Maybe none of them wanted it!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 16:50 - Dec 16 with 875 viewstimothyeo

Time to get behind the new guy, although it's clear we've likely missed out on several targets to end up here.
Login to get fewer ads

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 16:55 - Dec 16 with 838 viewsitfcjoe

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 16:50 - Dec 16 by timothyeo

Time to get behind the new guy, although it's clear we've likely missed out on several targets to end up here.

How is that clear?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 16:58 - Dec 16 with 801 viewshype313

Missed out on who?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 17:01 - Dec 16 with 775 viewsJDB23

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 16:55 - Dec 16 by itfcjoe

How is that clear?

Yeah sounds like nonsense.

Maybe Ashton was right, they embarked on a thorough search and out of all the candidates McKenna stood out above the rest.

Of course that wouldn't fit the TWTD narrative.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 17:07 - Dec 16 with 758 viewsjayessess

Quite weird to be so convinced he was a negative influence on the team, given how little they must know about his role.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 17:28 - Dec 16 with 693 viewsVic

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:20 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I haven't said this on here because I know the reaction. From what ive heard is that the job was all but harris's, hence why it was leaked on here. The owners saw the fan reaction and reconsidered it

Surely not! They’ve surely got more noise than that - they really don’t strike me as that fickle.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 17:35 - Dec 16 with 672 viewsVic

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 by SomethingBlue

I don't think this is true at all re owners getting cold feet, but would add that they seem more likely to take their vibes from the Talking Town crew, which is problematic in itself.

Or the official supporters club (if we still have such a thing)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 17:36 - Dec 16 with 670 viewsMullet

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 by SomethingBlue

I don't think this is true at all re owners getting cold feet, but would add that they seem more likely to take their vibes from the Talking Town crew, which is problematic in itself.

Wouldn’t be quite so sure about that. But given the lowest common denominator in fan unrest is a certain demographic, it’d be foolish to ignore that they scoped out all fan media long before and are not going to repeat Lamberts mistakes with Phil etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

At least we didn't end up with Dean Smith. (n/t) on 17:43 - Dec 16 with 628 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 17:51 - Dec 16 with 592 viewschicoazul

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:51 - Dec 16 by pointofblue

…..because of Ronaldo

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 18:05 - Dec 16 with 557 viewsNthQldITFC

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 17:51 - Dec 16 by chicoazul

…..because of Ronaldo

Have we hired him as well?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 18:09 - Dec 16 with 550 viewseireblue

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 14:27 - Dec 16 by portmanking

Where have I created a narrative?!

I know nothing about McKenna and haven't suggested the club's leaked anything?

Harris was as good as ours Mon night. He's attempted to conclude matters with Ashton and co. since Tues and been met with radio silence. That's literally all I've said.

EDIT: I did respond to abracaDOBRA by saying that fan reaction can be the only reason why Harris has been sidelined, but as I said earlier, McKenna or whoever the new guy may be could just have interviewed better. Harris has been treated badly however, given his keenness on the position.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 14:31]

That isn’t bad treatment of a candidate for a job.
Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 18:24 - Dec 16 with 526 viewschicoazul

Kieran McKenna's Blue and White Army (n/t) on 18:05 - Dec 16 by NthQldITFC

Have we hired him as well?

Coming in on loan for six month in Jan I got told it by a man on a WhatsApp group
Don’t say anything though

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024