Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto... what's gone on here 18:12 - Jan 14 with 3020 viewschrismakin

I can't be the only one a bit miffed about Toto's comments today.

As far as I've always seen it. He's been a regular squad member. Played plenty of first team games aswell as being a squad member, has always had a large support base with the usual small group who see things differently and has had 3 managers all use him.

I know we have the Charlton issue..is that what he refers to. It's almost like he's been left in the bomb squad for 3 years.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:25 - Jan 14 with 2924 viewsitfcjoe

I think he’s similar to how Norwood has been where they look for things on social media, inevitably find it and then feel as being victimised by fanbase

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:26 - Jan 14 with 2911 viewsBlueandTruesince82

What in particular about his completely innocuous comments offended you?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:30 - Jan 14 with 2856 viewschrismakin

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:26 - Jan 14 by BlueandTruesince82

What in particular about his completely innocuous comments offended you?

Nothing has offended me in the slightest.

I just wasn't aware that they're had been such an ill feeling from Toto to the point he's saying. " I can't really tell you how it went at town"

As you know I've always been a Toto fan and wouldn't have said he's had and time at town.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:31 - Jan 14 with 2851 viewsMetal_Hacker

Think he’s quite justified …to a point

Never been the best footballer but seems to have picked up some serious proper stick over the last 3 years , some warranted and some not

His time here was mixed for sure and I just think he’s been quite honest with his summary and severely biting his tongue

Not too offended by anything personally - hope it works out for him. 100% effort but 100% wrong for where we’re going

Poll: If it were one or the other

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:35 - Jan 14 with 2804 viewsRadlett_blue

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:31 - Jan 14 by Metal_Hacker

Never been the best footballer but seems to have picked up some serious proper stick over the last 3 years , some warranted and some not

His time here was mixed for sure and I just think he’s been quite honest with his summary and severely biting his tongue

Not too offended by anything personally - hope it works out for him. 100% effort but 100% wrong for where we’re going

Toto has been as poor as most of Paul Hurst's disastrous signings - out of his depth in the Championship & an average League One stopper. Not his fault that he was part of the disastrous Hurst clear-out, but he's no loss if Town want to get back into the Championship.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:35 - Jan 14 with 2802 viewsKeaneish

From his point of view he’s been in a relegated side who then went on to achieve their lowest position in several generations. He was loaned out, has been in and out of the side with injuries and played under 6 or 7 managers in his time (Hurst, Klug, Lambert, Gill, Cook, McGreal and McKenna). I don’t blame him for being hesitant, it’s been diabolical.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:44 - Jan 14 with 2731 viewspatrickswell

I refer to my earlier comments, when Nsiala looks back on his Town career, in terms of what was achieved, it’s been a pretty joyless four seasons for him.

And in a sense, what happened between him and the fans at The Valley was three and a half seasons of failure and underperformance finally bubbling over in mutual frustration between a guy who had been a part of it and the people who had had to sit through it.
Toto... what's gone on here on 18:46 - Jan 14 with 2700 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:30 - Jan 14 by chrismakin

I just wasn't aware that they're had been such an ill feeling from Toto to the point he's saying. " I can't really tell you how it went at town"

As you know I've always been a Toto fan and wouldn't have said he's had and time at town.

I think he's just saying it was OK. How it went depends on perspective.

On one hand he has been part of one of, if not the, worst periods in the clubs history. He's certainly never Realy cemented his place, has continually been linked with moves away, gone out on loan taken some stick, some fair, some not and ultimately failed to make the grade.

On the other he's played a good number of games here, got paid better than he ever has before, remained at the club for 3 seasons in which hes mostly been in and around the 1st team and had moments where he has shown quality.

Naturally as a defender your mistakes get highlighted more.

Equally he's seen 4 managers and a takeover come through the club, it's all been rather mad.

So it's been ok, depends on your perspective, hard to say. Move on.

Don't see much more to it than that.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:49 - Jan 14 with 2668 viewshoppy

I would say he's been honest, biting his tongue, where it might've been easier to have some kind of rant... I think is to his credit.

It obviously didn't work out overall, and he's been in and out of the side - possibly because he's always been a reasonable backup rather than a first choice. He's always put the effort in when in the side, so I wish him all the best.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:52 - Jan 14 with 2645 viewsChurchman

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:46 - Jan 14 by BlueandTruesince82

I think he's just saying it was OK. How it went depends on perspective.

On one hand he has been part of one of, if not the, worst periods in the clubs history. He's certainly never Realy cemented his place, has continually been linked with moves away, gone out on loan taken some stick, some fair, some not and ultimately failed to make the grade.

On the other he's played a good number of games here, got paid better than he ever has before, remained at the club for 3 seasons in which hes mostly been in and around the 1st team and had moments where he has shown quality.

Naturally as a defender your mistakes get highlighted more.

Equally he's seen 4 managers and a takeover come through the club, it's all been rather mad.

So it's been ok, depends on your perspective, hard to say. Move on.

Don't see much more to it than that.

Me neither. And throughout that time in his career, he’s been better paid than he was or will be. I just hope he leaves his comments where they are and cracks on with his career.

Nice bloke, 100% commitment, L1/2 quality.
Toto... what's gone on here on 18:54 - Jan 14 with 2626 viewsBluearmy71

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:30 - Jan 14 by chrismakin

Up voted this by mistake.

He's a reasonable guy and is just saying he's gonna leave it to peoples opinions whether it was a good time for him here or a bad time, he doesn't wish to appear negative towards us in case the few fans who gave him sh1t on twitter etc etc use it as an excuse to continue to give him sh!t.

I feel his time here was indifferent, you can't call it good but at the same time overall it wasn't classed as bad either, i think mediocre is another good word for his time here, and as a professional you can't expect him to be happy with that.
Toto... what's gone on here on 18:54 - Jan 14 with 2618 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'Some serious proper stick'.

He is absolutely entitled to feel displeased with how appallingly he was treated by the sections of this fanbase. Made an automatic scapegoat by some when things weren't going well for the team.
Toto... what's gone on here on 19:31 - Jan 14 with 2416 viewsIllinoisblue

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:44 - Jan 14 by patrickswell

I refer to my earlier comments, when Nsiala looks back on his Town career, in terms of what was achieved, it’s been a pretty joyless four seasons for him.

And in a sense, what happened between him and the fans at The Valley was three and a half seasons of failure and underperformance finally bubbling over in mutual frustration between a guy who had been a part of it and the people who had had to sit through it.

Four seasons four managers. Which tells its own sorry story. Good luck to him. Not sure he’s as bad or clumsy as some make out

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:36 - Jan 14 with 2352 viewsfooters

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:35 - Jan 14 by Radlett_blue

Toto has been as poor as most of Paul Hurst's disastrous signings - out of his depth in the Championship & an average League One stopper. Not his fault that he was part of the disastrous Hurst clear-out, but he's no loss if Town want to get back into the Championship.

You have to empathise with Hurst's signings - he simply misjudged most of their abilities to step up. Can't fault them for trying to move up a league (or two in some cases) so do feel people need to lay off them a bit. Not their fault Hurst is clueless.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:38 - Jan 14 with 2338 viewshoppy

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:36 - Jan 14 by footers

You have to empathise with Hurst's signings - he simply misjudged most of their abilities to step up. Can't fault them for trying to move up a league (or two in some cases) so do feel people need to lay off them a bit. Not their fault Hurst is clueless.

He simply misjudged his own ability to step up.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:42 - Jan 14 with 2298 viewsfooters

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:38 - Jan 14 by hoppy

He simply misjudged his own ability to step up.

Needed at least two copies of the Yellow Pages...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toto... what's gone on here on 23:51 - Jan 14 with 1828 viewscressi

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:42 - Jan 14 by footers

I wish him all the best
But simply NOT good enough if
We have any ambition hence why his gone.
Toto... what's gone on here on 00:15 - Jan 15 with 1768 viewstextbackup

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:31 - Jan 14 by Illinoisblue

Four seasons four managers. Which tells its own sorry story. Good luck to him. Not sure he’s as bad or clumsy as some make out

i watched the defenders warm up at pompy away.

of the 10 balls chucked into him, 3/4 spun off his foot, and a header went into the pompy fans.

his very first touch in the game he stood on the ball, stumbled, and somehow sold a dummy to everyone on the pitch, and stadium.

we won the game 4-0.... so wtf do i know

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Toto... what's gone on here on 07:18 - Jan 15 with 1563 viewsKeaneish

Toto... what's gone on here on 00:15 - Jan 15 by textbackup

i watched the defenders warm up at pompy away.

of the 10 balls chucked into him, 3/4 spun off his foot, and a header went into the pompy fans.

his very first touch in the game he stood on the ball, stumbled, and somehow sold a dummy to everyone on the pitch, and stadium.

we won the game 4-0.... so wtf do i know

Ha! I saw the same. He got away with that standing on the ball incident and I think he did it again later in the game and not for the last time this season either. Amazes me how a pro footballer can misread the flight of the ball so often. I also fail to understand how he could never hit a ball into a 40 yard gaping hole over the full backs head into the channel - he consistently found the defender and gave possession straight back.

He’ll score, keep a clean sheet and get MoM on his debut; odds on.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Toto... what's gone on here on 08:12 - Jan 15 with 1421 viewsurbanblue

What I got from the interview was that he appeared to have not wanted to leave us but he was left with no choice. Seemed to be struggling to work up any enthusiasm for Fleetwood as well, the best being that it was good to be up North again and nice to see Elis. Goodness knows what the Fleetwood fans made of it.
Toto... what's gone on here on 09:00 - Jan 15 with 1271 viewsRadlett_blue

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:36 - Jan 14 by footers

Agreed. None of Hurst's signings seemed to be wasters, although Nolan was probably the most frustrating given how he used to drift out of games After being heralded as this superb box-to-box midfield player. Edwards was hugely inconsistent, but presumably that's why he had spent his career in the lower leagues. My beef has always been with Hurst for being such a poor judge of a player & with Evans for allowing a structure where an inexperienced manager was given freedom to rip up a squad.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Toto... what's gone on here on 09:06 - Jan 15 with 1255 viewsjayessess

Toto... what's gone on here on 08:12 - Jan 15 by urbanblue

What I got from the interview was that he appeared to have not wanted to leave us but he was left with no choice. Seemed to be struggling to work up any enthusiasm for Fleetwood as well, the best being that it was good to be up North again and nice to see Elis. Goodness knows what the Fleetwood fans made of it.

Yeah, that's what I made of it. Seemed annoyed that he was a first team regular as recently as a month ago and suddenly got shoved out the door.

I think he's got plenty of other stuff to be annoyed about in fairness. The racist song, some of the criticism was OTT (and disproportionate relative to other players), stuff like that. You also wonder if he got disciplined privately by the club for the Charlton incident and whether he took exception to that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Toto... what's gone on here on 13:31 - Jan 15 with 1007 viewsronnyd

Toto... what's gone on here on 19:42 - Jan 14 by footers

With the slips of paper we get now, you'd need about 20.
Toto... what's gone on here on 13:44 - Jan 15 with 962 viewsWD19

Nothing to see here. All he was saying is “depends on your perspective/who you ask”.
Toto... what's gone on here on 13:47 - Jan 15 with 947 viewsbazza

Toto... what's gone on here on 18:35 - Jan 14 by Keaneish

From his point of view he’s been in a relegated side who then went on to achieve their lowest position in several generations. He was loaned out, has been in and out of the side with injuries and played under 6 or 7 managers in his time (Hurst, Klug, Lambert, Gill, Cook, McGreal and McKenna). I don’t blame him for being hesitant, it’s been diabolical.

Well, when you put it like that…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024