Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right I’m no prude, but…. 22:10 - Jan 26 with 8953 viewsMatt_Netherlands

When did C * NT become the go to word for every single football fan? Don’t get me wrong, I’ll drop the odd C Bomb every so often, but having it screamed in your ear by someone stood 6 inches behind you for 90 minutes can get a bit tiresome. The refs one, every opposition player is one, the 8,000 home fans are all one, Wesley Burns is a beautiful one, and so on and so on.

Makes me cringe when it’s used to much with younger kids or older generations around.

Anyway…. Just seems a bit symptomatic of how football fans have got a lot less classy and got a lot more Green Street over the past 20 years or so.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:02 - Jul 16 with 1250 viewsMattinLondon

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 22:34 - Jul 16 by GlasgowBlue

I’m sure they can. But I still think it shows a lack of respect to use the c word in front of them.

Why? I’m not advocating using that word around people who you don’t know. But, I’ve known women who use that word as well as women who hate it. Obviously, I wouldn’t use it around people who dislike it - but to say that someone shouldn’t use it full-stop around women is just a bit patronising and sexist.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:05 - Jul 16 with 1237 viewsLord_Lucan

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:02 - Jul 16 by MattinLondon

Why? I’m not advocating using that word around people who you don’t know. But, I’ve known women who use that word as well as women who hate it. Obviously, I wouldn’t use it around people who dislike it - but to say that someone shouldn’t use it full-stop around women is just a bit patronising and sexist.

You think it's sexist to refrain from using the C word around women?

Kerroist!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:06 - Jul 16 with 1233 viewsgtsb1966

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 22:48 - Jul 16 by MattinLondon

You daft c**t.

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:08 - Jul 16 with 1222 viewsMattinLondon

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:05 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

Kerroist!

Read my post properly.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:33 - Jul 16 with 1182 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 22:50 - Jul 16 by gtsb1966

No I agree with most of what you have said . I'm not talking about using the words for 90 minutes non stop . Swearing during football is part of the game though. Watching Ipswich over the last 20 years has warranted excessive swearing.

I don’t think there’s a strong enough swear word on this planet to describe our last 20 years of existence….
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:42 - Jul 16 with 1170 viewsMattinLondon

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:33 - Jul 16 by Matt_Netherlands

I don’t think there’s a strong enough swear word on this planet to describe our last 20 years of existence….

Maybe if you someone wants to emphasis how useless and incompetent they think a player is why not say ‘oh, he’s a right Marcus Evans? A perfect fit considering the past years.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:55 - Jul 16 with 1158 viewsXYZ

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:05 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

Kerroist!

It's well known that women have the utmost respect for blokes who keep their C-bombs for their male-only time.

Black people, similarly, respect white people's restraint for only using the "N word" whilst in white-only company - Conservative Club jokes etc.

It's all about context.

If you're going to use the c-word and don't use it in female company then you're an anachronistic coward.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 00:21 - Jul 17 with 1124 viewsLord_Lucan

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 23:55 - Jul 16 by XYZ

It's well known that women have the utmost respect for blokes who keep their C-bombs for their male-only time.

Black people, similarly, respect white people's restraint for only using the "N word" whilst in white-only company - Conservative Club jokes etc.

It's all about context.

If you're going to use the c-word and don't use it in female company then you're an anachronistic coward.

Good, I'd rather be an anachronistic coward than a c@nt

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 00:26 - Jul 17 with 1118 viewsXYZ

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 00:21 - Jul 17 by Lord_Lucan

Good, I'd rather be an anachronistic coward than a c@nt

Maybe you're both?
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 08:59 - Jul 17 with 969 viewsGlasgowBlue

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 00:26 - Jul 17 by XYZ

Maybe you're both?

Well we all know which one of the two c words you are.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 09:11 - Jul 17 with 958 viewsWickets

It does show a lack of vocabulary !
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 10:46 - Jul 17 with 910 viewsHipsterectomy

I know when we play London games we bring out the divs, but Charlton in December I was near some lads who were calling it to everyone. When our fans were quiet, we were all cnts because we should be singing, then they were cnts when they started singing again, our players were cnts as they were losing, the Town fans leaving early were cnts, the stewards who dragged a Charlton fan away were cnts, people having a beer which meant less for them were cnts.

I dunno how these people function in real life when they're sober.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 10:52 - Jul 17 with 905 viewsSwansea_Blue

As much as anything it’s self defeating to use it all the time. Normalise it and not only do people think you’re too thick to use a more imaginative vocabulary, but it takes away the satisfaction and impact of a sparingly used and well-timed c-bomb drop.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 11:09 - Jul 17 with 895 viewsbadadski

When the boys got released on Amazon prime. Favourite word used by Kurl Urbans character. Made it the fashionable in vogue sweat word again.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 11:53 - Jul 17 with 875 viewsbluelagos

With you, but there are exceptions.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 12:33 - Jul 17 with 861 viewsXYZ

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 08:59 - Jul 17 by GlasgowBlue

Well we all know which one of the two c words you are.

Here's Mr Misogynist with his eloquence.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 12:41 - Jul 17 with 853 viewsGlasgowBlue

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 12:33 - Jul 17 by XYZ

Here's Mr Misogynist with his eloquence.

Sober up Grandad.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 12:51 - Jul 17 with 832 viewsHorsham

I tend to take a view that over using the c word tends to normalise it and in effect let’s the real C–nts off. I’m thinking it should be reserved for the likes of Warnock and Bassett those were chants I could get behind!
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:07 - Jul 17 with 824 viewsXYZ

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 12:41 - Jul 17 by GlasgowBlue

Sober up Grandad.

Lol, I'd check your mate's sobriety levels out, if that's your worry.

Never one for consistency though, eh?
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:11 - Jul 17 with 824 viewsgiant_stow

By chance, my neighbour called me a c**t last night - I'm still a little bit cross about it and wondering whether to leave it or take it up with him.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:14 - Jul 17 with 819 viewsHorsham

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:11 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

By chance, my neighbour called me a c**t last night - I'm still a little bit cross about it and wondering whether to leave it or take it up with him.

There’s a lot to consider to answer that question.

Did that word describe you accurately at the time?
Are you likely to get battered?

Actually not that much to consider but you should consider those things anyway.
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:18 - Jul 17 with 807 viewsgtsb1966

If you had your Norwich shirt on at the time then fair play to him.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 13:19]
Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:21 - Jul 17 with 806 viewsgiant_stow

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:14 - Jul 17 by Horsham

There’s a lot to consider to answer that question.

Did that word describe you accurately at the time?
Are you likely to get battered?

Actually not that much to consider but you should consider those things anyway.

Yes you're right lots to consider.

On the one hand I probably was in the wrong: I was smoking a J on a windless night, forgetting everyone's window's were open. On the other, he didn't have to tell me to 'stop smoking that sh1t or I'll call the police you c**t"

Fair enough, it was a bit inconsiderate of me, but I'm not sure I can let the C word go, although I did tell myself to calm down and leave the decision for today.

The other thing is that he's a bit of fruit who has a history of this sort of thing - I think he may have threatened to kill me a couple of years ago in a similar outburst (at the time I thought he was talking about the neighbour the other side, but looking back, it was me).

Dilemma.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 13:22]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 710 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Right I’m no prude, but…. on 13:21 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

Yes you're right lots to consider.

On the one hand I probably was in the wrong: I was smoking a J on a windless night, forgetting everyone's window's were open. On the other, he didn't have to tell me to 'stop smoking that sh1t or I'll call the police you c**t"

Fair enough, it was a bit inconsiderate of me, but I'm not sure I can let the C word go, although I did tell myself to calm down and leave the decision for today.

The other thing is that he's a bit of fruit who has a history of this sort of thing - I think he may have threatened to kill me a couple of years ago in a similar outburst (at the time I thought he was talking about the neighbour the other side, but looking back, it was me).

Dilemma.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 13:22]

No dilemma. Let it go. Nothing good will come of making anything of it. He clearly feels equally as strongly about his home being made to smell like a Hawkwind gig as you do being called a c**t.

It's evens.
Wait till he goes out..... on 17:02 - Jul 17 with 688 viewsBloots

....and then petrol bomb his house.

Sorted.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024