Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed 21:59 - Feb 8 with 4821 viewsitfcjoe

McKenna - 5 in 8 games
Cook - 4 in 20 games

McKenna has won 6 games compared to Cook's 7 as well.....some turnaround results wise

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:30 - Feb 8 with 1081 viewsBlueBadger

Poor old Cookie. The team was obviously on the cusp of gelling just as he was leaving.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:31 - Feb 8 with 1058 viewsitfcsuth

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:30 - Feb 8 by CokeIsKey

17 shots and 7 on target vs 3 shots and 0 on target. How is that not playing well?! Their keeper made a couple of very good saves and if we were more clinical it would've been 3 or 4 nil, and I'd guarantee you wouldn't be moaning.

We've been playing like this for most of Mckenna's time and are 2nd in the form table so the idea that we wouldn't get in the playoffs playing like this is rubbish - it's not the championship ffs.

17 shots, 7 on target, and for me 2 of the easier ones were Bonnes headers by which he didn’t even get on target.

Sone people are nuts.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:32 - Feb 8 with 1048 viewsdavblue

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:30 - Feb 8 by CokeIsKey

17 shots and 7 on target vs 3 shots and 0 on target. How is that not playing well?! Their keeper made a couple of very good saves and if we were more clinical it would've been 3 or 4 nil, and I'd guarantee you wouldn't be moaning.

We've been playing like this for most of Mckenna's time and are 2nd in the form table so the idea that we wouldn't get in the playoffs playing like this is rubbish - it's not the championship ffs.

Cool let’s see.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:32 - Feb 8 with 1054 viewsDyland

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:29 - Feb 8 by davblue

Results have been great no grumble with those. The last 3 games, going forward we have looked below average. We can’t be at the races all the time and a win is a win but I don’t believe people will Be happy with the attacking threat of the last 3 games if we continue in that vein.

We look a much better side, we are doing the fundamentals much better but going forward we look
Very sterile certainly in the 3 games. Hopefully just one of those spells where it doesn’t quite come off.

Of course, no argument with that. We've seen what these players can do though. No reason to think they can't get their shooting boots back. Fairly typical for players/teams to go through lulls. Let's see Saturday. At least we don't look a clueless soft touch any more.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:33 - Feb 8 with 1041 viewsN2_Blue

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:24 - Feb 8 by davblue

We did control it but we didn’t play well and we did get by in my view. We were playing bottom
Of the league and they were dreadful and we won 1-0. Hardly peppered their goal their keeper didn’t have much to do.

If that’s the standard of performance that you think will be enough to get us in the play offs then you are frankly wrong.

A win is a win and we needed it but we need to step up on our last 3 performances in 9 months time if we are seeing performances like that consistently I guarantee there will be grumbles.

Well bottom of the league they maybe but they took 6 points off MK Dons.

You can only beat what is in front of you and we've taken 9 points from 12 without Morsy.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:34 - Feb 8 with 1035 viewsN2_Blue

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:30 - Feb 8 by BlueBadger

Poor old Cookie. The team was obviously on the cusp of gelling just as he was leaving.

Don't encourage Keaneish...i'm sure he'll claim these 6 wins are all down to Cook!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:34 - Feb 8 with 1032 viewsGeomorph

Abso
Jolly
Lutely
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:36 - Feb 8 with 1028 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:12 - Feb 8 by jayessess

Bonne forced the keeper into a couple of good saves, one of which caused the goal. Strikers are going to miss chances, no way he was "awful" tonight.

Disagree, and Mathie seemed to agree with me. Saying he forced the keeper into good saves is rather generous for me, they were two headers he ought to have buried. The one that led to the goal was the only thing he did of note for me, and Norwood was no better when he came on.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:39 - Feb 8 with 1005 viewsdavblue

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:33 - Feb 8 by N2_Blue

You can only beat what is in front of you and we've taken 9 points from 12 without Morsy.

I don’t disagree with any of that.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:40 - Feb 8 with 993 viewsChiefXL

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:24 - Feb 8 by davblue

We did control it but we didn’t play well and we did get by in my view. We were playing bottom
Of the league and they were dreadful and we won 1-0. Hardly peppered their goal their keeper didn’t have much to do.

If that’s the standard of performance that you think will be enough to get us in the play offs then you are frankly wrong.

A win is a win and we needed it but we need to step up on our last 3 performances in 9 months time if we are seeing performances like that consistently I guarantee there will be grumbles.

Not sure what people want TBH other than just another thing to moan about

There's nothing wrong with getting by in a midweek away fixture up in Yorkshire on a blustery February night, in a three game week, to take six points from the first two games of that week. We won, we're averaging 2.25 points per game under a new manager in his first big gig.

Bore off.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:43 - Feb 8 with 961 viewsLeoMuff

68% possession, 17 shots, 7 on target, away from home. We utterly dominated, only let down by our finishing. We do miss Morsy greatly though, very little created through the middle. Bakinson grew into it nicely though I thought

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:45 - Feb 8 with 941 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:08 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

It's great.

Slight concern at 8 goals on 8 games. ( plus 4 v Gills in the 9th)

Absolutely it can only take 1 goal to win a game... but we need that goal total up imo. Need to get that balance right.

Arsenal won the league winning 1.0 every week!
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:50 - Feb 8 with 911 viewsbuoyant

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:08 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

It's great.

Slight concern at 8 goals on 8 games. ( plus 4 v Gills in the 9th)

Absolutely it can only take 1 goal to win a game... but we need that goal total up imo. Need to get that balance right.

If we win the remainder of our games by a goal to nil, no one will be complaining.

Well maybe some ......

UTT

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:50 - Feb 8 with 914 viewsdavblue

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:40 - Feb 8 by ChiefXL

Not sure what people want TBH other than just another thing to moan about

There's nothing wrong with getting by in a midweek away fixture up in Yorkshire on a blustery February night, in a three game week, to take six points from the first two games of that week. We won, we're averaging 2.25 points per game under a new manager in his first big gig.

Bore off.

I’m not moaning. It was view of the game if that’s different to yours fair enough. Just looking at stats doesn’t tell the whole story at times.

Ive not said there’s anything wrong with the win but imo we need to perform better if we are to have any chance of the play offs.

Donnie are a dreadful team full of kids.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:52 - Feb 8 with 903 viewsChurchman

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:33 - Feb 8 by N2_Blue

And 3 off Sunderland at SoL last Saturday having dominated them. None of these teams roll over. Their players have careers at stake too.

I really don’t know what people expect. I can’t wait for the breakout of flaming torches and pitchforks when we lose the next game. Poor McKenna. 6 in 8, 5 away from home, 5 clean sheets and people are unhappy. McKenna has no chance.

The irony is that if Warnock had come here and got results like that or McCarthy with his hoofball come to that, there would have been paroxysms of joy from all.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:56 - Feb 8 with 878 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely. 8 played, conceded 4. I’ll take that all day long. We conceded 15 in Cook’s first 6 games of the season.

It’s so refreshing to have a manager who once again values the art of defending and clean sheets. I don’t think Woolfenden had the best of games tonight but we kept them quiet all night, they didn’t threaten at all. On another night it could’ve been 2 or 3-0 and it wouldn’t flatter us. A very comprehensive away win against admittedly toothless opposition.

The monkey on the back is still our ability to beat a good side, but what an opportunity to do it on Saturday now, away from home too. 7,000 travelling town fans against a strong MK side, chance to make it 7 wins from 9 and hit the 50 point mark. They’ve got a tough run of games, if we’re sat on 50 points, 6 behind MK at 5pm Saturday the league will well and truly have tightened up and I wouldn’t bet against us closing that gap further over the next few weeks.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 23:04]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:59 - Feb 8 with 860 viewsjayessess

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:36 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Disagree, and Mathie seemed to agree with me. Saying he forced the keeper into good saves is rather generous for me, they were two headers he ought to have buried. The one that led to the goal was the only thing he did of note for me, and Norwood was no better when he came on.

Don't recall Mathie saying he was awful. He's a relentlessly negative co-commentator in any case.

No striker scores from most shots and certainly not from most headers. I don't think a striker having multiple efforts on target and directly contributing to the winning goal can reasonably be described as having been "awful".
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 23:06]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 23:02 - Feb 8 with 845 viewsRyorry

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:25 - Feb 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Some interesting bits in that report.

It was Bonne not Chaplin whose header was well saved by Marshall (not straight at him although Bonne will be disappointed that he put it close enough for it to be saved). Chaplin had the earlier flick-on header for Bonne.

I would suggest Celina showed more threat in their box than Chaplin did too. But Burns and Chaplin got in the box to good effect as well.

I didn't proof-read it, thanks for error-correction!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 23:02 - Feb 8 with 847 viewsZXBlue

As the old adage goes, you start by being solid at the back and then grow the attacking side once you have that right.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 23:08 - Feb 8 with 829 viewsBlueBadger

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:34 - Feb 8 by N2_Blue

Don't encourage Keaneish...i'm sure he'll claim these 6 wins are all down to Cook!

He should be grateful that I wrote to Ashton demanding his sacking, we'd never have these wins otherwise!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 23:25 - Feb 8 with 786 viewsDarkHorse

We won. We're on the up. Stop fooking moaning.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 23:33 - Feb 8 with 767 viewsbenrhyddingblue

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:19 - Feb 8 by davblue

Gillingham Should have scored 2

When? They never looked like scoring all game - clipping the outside of the post isn’t nearly scoring. Open your eyes. You’re always so miserable about everything. Time to put you on the div list. You don’t contribute anything meaningful to any debate on here.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 00:18 - Feb 9 with 695 viewsdavblue

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 23:33 - Feb 8 by benrhyddingblue

When? They never looked like scoring all game - clipping the outside of the post isn’t nearly scoring. Open your eyes. You’re always so miserable about everything. Time to put you on the div list. You don’t contribute anything meaningful to any debate on here.

Hahaha. Thanks, you are doing me the favour.

Thanks for your insightful post though keep those rose tinted specs on though they will do you a great service over the years I’m sure.
More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 08:20 - Feb 9 with 561 viewsBiGDonnie

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 22:01 - Feb 8 by davblue

Just getting by atm. Still a win is a win but long term the performances won't be acceptable.

Just getting by?

I'm not sure you know how football works if that's your honest take on Ipswich under KM so far.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

More clean sheets under McKenna in league than Cook managed on 12:59 - Feb 9 with 477 viewsBlueBlood90

A solid start for McKenna but he couldn't have hoped for a better run of fixtures to begin with. We've arguably played three decent teams so far in Wycombe, Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday and we've won one and lost two of those so Saturday at MK Dons may tell us a bit more.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024