Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview 12:23 - Feb 17 with 3744 viewsCheltenham_Blue

about how run down the training ground and pitches are, and them 'just not working'.

Explanation for our awful injury record and for our general poor performance over the last 10 years?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:16 - Feb 17 with 2989 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Contributory factor maybe, but noooooooooo.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:24 - Feb 17 with 2954 viewsghostofescobar

Not the explanation, but an explanation. Indicative of the way that charlatan Evans ran the club into the ground. Every facet of the club cut back, neglected, forgotten about and subject to awful decision making. The damage that man did to our club will take years to undo. The biggest stain on the history of ITFC.

GhostOfEscobar

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:28 - Feb 17 with 2917 viewsSkip_Intro

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:24 - Feb 17 by ghostofescobar

Not the explanation, but an explanation. Indicative of the way that charlatan Evans ran the club into the ground. Every facet of the club cut back, neglected, forgotten about and subject to awful decision making. The damage that man did to our club will take years to undo. The biggest stain on the history of ITFC.

Evans got a lot wrong - a hell of a lot...but I don't believe any of it was malicious and without him there is a pretty good chance that we would have gone bust.
Also in effectively writing off the vast majority of our significant debts he enabled the takeover by Gamechanger which otherwise would almost certainly not have happened...
[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 13:29]
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:38 - Feb 17 with 2866 viewsghostofescobar

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:28 - Feb 17 by Skip_Intro

Evans got a lot wrong - a hell of a lot...but I don't believe any of it was malicious and without him there is a pretty good chance that we would have gone bust.
Also in effectively writing off the vast majority of our significant debts he enabled the takeover by Gamechanger which otherwise would almost certainly not have happened...

I also don't believe it was malicious (and didn't indicate that it was). It was largely incompetence and disinterest, but it was the same end result. And the money he lost was down to the decisions he made, no one else. Appalling that he was the custodian of our club for over a decade.

GhostOfEscobar

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 15:53 - Feb 17 with 2640 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:38 - Feb 17 by ghostofescobar

I also don't believe it was malicious (and didn't indicate that it was). It was largely incompetence and disinterest, but it was the same end result. And the money he lost was down to the decisions he made, no one else. Appalling that he was the custodian of our club for over a decade.

Lets be fair, he took over the club being told a little bit of money spent would bring automatic promotion and a nice bit of profit on his investment and then he could sell the club in the prem.

Didn't happen and he was stuck with us.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 16:02 - Feb 17 with 2617 viewsKieran_Knows

I think they want to move the first team training pitches over the road, and put a state of the art facility over there as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 16:57 - Feb 17 with 2484 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 16:02 - Feb 17 by Kieran_Knows

I think they want to move the first team training pitches over the road, and put a state of the art facility over there as well.

The bit Marcus still owns?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2022 16:57]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 16:59 - Feb 17 with 2469 viewsKieran_Knows

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 16:57 - Feb 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Does he still own it? Fair enough. Just what I'd heard that's what some plans were.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 17:03 - Feb 17 with 2440 viewsSitfcB

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 16:57 - Feb 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Marcus owns the Bent Lane bit that is currently used for first team training doesn’t he?

And they want to move the first team training to the main site, Playford Road, so it’s all on one ‘complex’ and not across the road.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 17:05 - Feb 17 with 2425 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I should imagine those local businesses who received pennies in the pound under the regime prior to Evans might disagree. We arguably ended up with him because of the mistakes of Sheepshanks and co.

Football wise, until he appointed Hurst we were hardly terrible. Underachieving often, but not terrible. The last few years he got massively wrong and he clearly didn't properly invest in anything outside the first team manager and squad.

We are in a much better place now and Evans has sold to a group (as he promised to) that will invest in all areas. Compare that to Birmingham who can't even open half of their ground.
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 17:19 - Feb 17 with 2388 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm not in any way criticising your post, and I do agree with what you say pretty much 100%, but I am really looking forward to the day when we have recovered as a club to at least the level (not the trajectory) where we were when he took over, i.e. top of the second division or better.

Then, I think we can all forget a bit more about the Evans era, as it won't be looming in the rear view mirror so much. I think Evans was incompetent, inexperienced and badly advised, but he did save us and he did write off the debts at the end. But I can't wait until it all seems a dim, distant and uncertain memory and is rarely, if ever, mentioned in discussions. Might not have too long to wait!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 18:23 - Feb 17 with 2255 viewsghostofescobar

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 15:53 - Feb 17 by FrimleyBlue

Lets be fair, he took over the club being told a little bit of money spent would bring automatic promotion and a nice bit of profit on his investment and then he could sell the club in the prem.

Didn't happen and he was stuck with us.

And, again to be fair, it was his decision. And to do it because he’d been told he’d make some money shows the man’s incompetence. Failure upon failure, from start to end. The best decision he make was to fvck off.

GhostOfEscobar

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 18:27 - Feb 17 with 2237 views_sanctimoanious_

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 17:19 - Feb 17 by NthQldITFC

I'm not in any way criticising your post, and I do agree with what you say pretty much 100%, but I am really looking forward to the day when we have recovered as a club to at least the level (not the trajectory) where we were when he took over, i.e. top of the second division or better.

Then, I think we can all forget a bit more about the Evans era, as it won't be looming in the rear view mirror so much. I think Evans was incompetent, inexperienced and badly advised, but he did save us and he did write off the debts at the end. But I can't wait until it all seems a dim, distant and uncertain memory and is rarely, if ever, mentioned in discussions. Might not have too long to wait!

He didn’t ‘save us’ he bought us. If he didn’t buy us there was a queue of other suiters willing to. In that queue were Gold and Sullivan who although not everyone’s cup of tea are a damn site more successful at running football clubs. Evans is a shark and why we accept this ‘saved us’ narrative is beyond me.
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 18:37 - Feb 17 with 2200 viewsclive_baker

I liked Ashton's comments about McKenna being really consistent regardless of the result, not getting too OTT after a win etc. Something that really impressed him. Couldn't help but think of this though:

Good interview, well done to the KOA guys.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 21:22 - Feb 17 with 1973 viewsChurchman

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 18:27 - Feb 17 by _sanctimoanious_

He didn’t ‘save us’ he bought us. If he didn’t buy us there was a queue of other suiters willing to. In that queue were Gold and Sullivan who although not everyone’s cup of tea are a damn site more successful at running football clubs. Evans is a shark and why we accept this ‘saved us’ narrative is beyond me.

I agree with this. The idea that Marcus saved us is something I just cannot buy into.

From Evans’ perspective he took a punt on a quick flip and it went wrong. He was an opportunist. It went wrong because he had no idea what he was doing and wound up with Keane and all that circus entailed.

After him, Evans was thigh deep in the brown stuff and spent 12 years wrecking a football club. Promises, lies, savings. Not deliberately I’m sure but intent mattered little given he left behind a trail of wreckage.

Is anyone seriously saying that no Evans = end of club? The worst that might have happened is Administration, relegation and horror beyond horror Sheepshanks losing his comfy job opportunity at the FA. Can you imagine being dumped in League 1? Oh…. Derby - have they gone? Villa? Bolton? Portsmouth? Charlton? Luton? Sunderland? None of them.

Evans may be no Blackpool Oyston ((in the league above us), but neither is he a Leicester level owner. He was catastrophic for us and the sooner the remaining 3% stain of him is wiped away, the happier I’ll be.
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 21:27 - Feb 17 with 1945 viewsghostofescobar

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 21:22 - Feb 17 by Churchman

I agree with this. The idea that Marcus saved us is something I just cannot buy into.

From Evans’ perspective he took a punt on a quick flip and it went wrong. He was an opportunist. It went wrong because he had no idea what he was doing and wound up with Keane and all that circus entailed.

After him, Evans was thigh deep in the brown stuff and spent 12 years wrecking a football club. Promises, lies, savings. Not deliberately I’m sure but intent mattered little given he left behind a trail of wreckage.

Is anyone seriously saying that no Evans = end of club? The worst that might have happened is Administration, relegation and horror beyond horror Sheepshanks losing his comfy job opportunity at the FA. Can you imagine being dumped in League 1? Oh…. Derby - have they gone? Villa? Bolton? Portsmouth? Charlton? Luton? Sunderland? None of them.

Evans may be no Blackpool Oyston ((in the league above us), but neither is he a Leicester level owner. He was catastrophic for us and the sooner the remaining 3% stain of him is wiped away, the happier I’ll be.

I wish you could give more than one uppy for a post. This is spot on. I just don’t understand anyone with any sympathy for Evans. He single-handedly ruined us, from top to bottom, inside out.

GhostOfEscobar

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 21:40 - Feb 17 with 1907 viewsheavyweight

There were lots of references to things that needed doing but they were a bit light on specifics apart from the condition of the training pitches. I'd like to know what they see the issues are both at the training ground and the stadium.
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 21:52 - Feb 17 with 1851 viewsNthQldITFC

Yes, I suppose 'saved us' is a bit strong, but at the time I think many of us thought that being bought out by a Liberal Democrat-supporting British recluse was preferable to administration or a dodgy Russian.

I'm sure he never thought to himself "I know, I'll buy ITFC and fk it up". He was basically not competent to do the job. Anyway I'm not here to defend him, I just to forget about his era, and shall say no more on the subject. Marcus who?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 22:03 - Feb 17 with 1809 viewshype313

Yep, his whole tenure was an unmitigated disaster.

Thankfully we can forget and move on in a far more positive manner.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 22:05 - Feb 17 with 1809 viewsChurchman

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 21:40 - Feb 17 by heavyweight

There were lots of references to things that needed doing but they were a bit light on specifics apart from the condition of the training pitches. I'd like to know what they see the issues are both at the training ground and the stadium.

Given the length of the interview I think they said enough. In terms of what needs work beyond what anyone can see visiting PR, how about all of it? It’s 2022. *&#£ all has gone into the club since Burley’s time. That’ll soon be a quarter of a century. In that time even Bristol’s second club City (Rovers pre-date them) have put a ££ or two into the infrastructure. We painted the turnstiles and portacabin….. Once. Whoopee.

The question for me is that not that long ago, there was talk about just missing out on top level Academy status. Did we? How come we are so far wide of the mark now if that’s the case, or was it just talk? Why are we so far away from producing players now? Answer: see Dyer, Lee and Burley interviews.
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 22:15 - Feb 17 with 1770 viewstractorboy1978

It was a death by a thousand cuts. He wasn't malicious but absolutely hopeless and other than appointing MM to steer us clear of relegation, he got just about every big decision wrong during his 14 years.

Ultimately owning a football club got too expensive for him, either through a lack of willingness to spend or (as I suspect) not actually being particularly cash rich. We were operating with the flesh cut to the bone in virtually every area of the club other than the first team squad - and even that wasn't enough at Championship level. I find it bizarre he seems to want to get back into football.
Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 23:27 - Feb 17 with 1628 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Gold and Sullivan were tyre kickers, we'd entered into a period of exclusivity with Evans before they poked their heads above water.

Even if they'd been in the process earlier its hardly a que

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 23:29 - Feb 17 with 1618 viewsdominiciawful

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 23:27 - Feb 17 by BlueandTruesince82

Gold and Sullivan were tyre kickers, we'd entered into a period of exclusivity with Evans before they poked their heads above water.

Even if they'd been in the process earlier its hardly a que

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 00:10 - Feb 18 with 1545 viewsSwansea_Blue

The joys of austerity wasn’t it. Don’t keep on top of improvements and it all goes to crap (see ITFC and UK over the last 12 yrs).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 00:16 - Feb 18 with 1527 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting stuff in the KOA interview on 13:28 - Feb 17 by Skip_Intro

It wasn’t malicious, but it was certainly avoidable. Year after year of the same failing approach which took us to our lowest ebb for 60 years. There were no good points. Granted, we’d have been really stuffed had the debt been called in. But really stuffed because of his mismanagement. I can’t find anything to be grateful for other than he was simply incompetent and not a crook.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 0:22]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024