Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 22:52 - Feb 23 with 5310 viewsFrimleyBlue

Warning strong language.

Tbf the bloke was wrong. But that old argument about traveling v watching on the sofa is an ever lasting battle.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 22:54]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 10:54 - Feb 24 with 1714 viewstractorboy1978

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 08:31 - Feb 24 by evansblue

Not sure why people get so wound up by these podcasts. Just some mates having a chat about football and ipswich. In the old days it was done in the pub, now it’s broadcast and people can tune in or not tune in. The obsession with bashing them seems odd. I have watched a few but can count on one hand the number.

It does become a bit more insidious than that when they are communicating with the owners of the club. Hopefully they've come to realise that their clan are far from a bellwether for the whole fanbase.
Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:12 - Feb 24 with 1669 viewsJ2BLUE

There was a former poster on here who once went off on one about people not attending games and commenting on the result. I once said 'good result' after we won a game 2-0 and was told I shouldn't make any comment at all because I wasn't there.

Clearly having opinions on specific things or players is stupid if you didn't watch the game. Some people seem to think you shouldn't say a word though which is a bit odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:19 - Feb 24 with 1641 viewsPinewoodblue

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 23:15 - Feb 23 by BondiBlue

What's wrong with watching on the sofa?!

Surely it is time to kick wheelchair users off their nice platform in SAR upper and install a couple of sofas.

I have never watched any of these podcasts but assume they are just a platform to allow a few select individuals to influence others views on all things ITFC.

No substitute for TWTD where all opinions are welcome.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:30 - Feb 24 with 1619 viewsMullet

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 10:31 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

A bit like not watching a match and then giving an opinion because people on social media have slagged the game off then.

Exactly like that, if you completely misunderstood everything yeah.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:33 - Feb 24 with 1618 viewsBeyriey

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 01:41 - Feb 24 by BigCommon

I sincerely hope The Club, never have any affiliation to this pod cast, in any shape or form. All they do, is use the Town fan base as an income stream. Whilst digging out players, managers, and now , it seems, some of our overseas supporters.... I used to watch it. But I just can't anymore, on principle... "Toxic Town".. In the bin....

They do. The show has had footballers on before. Unfortunately, they went through the club to get them on.
Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:38 - Feb 24 with 1594 viewshype313

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:33 - Feb 24 by Beyriey

They do. The show has had footballers on before. Unfortunately, they went through the club to get them on.

From the horses mouth...Norwood only went on due to the fact that they won a competition after him winning player of the month.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:41 - Feb 24 with 1585 viewshype313

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 09:56 - Feb 24 by FrimleyBlue

There's also an element who go to games, half watching whilst sitting on social media who come up with ridiculous and offensive takes.

The problem is, everyone of us views things differently, be that at a game, watching from home or listening to the radio.

I've been to many a game with friends and walking out afterwards you would think we had all witnessed 3 different games.

Thought Crunchers point wasn't necessarily wrong, but didn't need that kind of delivery, but that's my view, others are entitled to theirs.

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 12:10 - Feb 24 with 1532 viewsElderGrizzly

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 09:11 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

I agree with the Cruncher, he may have been able to get his point across better but there is an element of fans who sit at home, half watching matches whilst sitting on social media who come up with ridiculous and offensive takes.

Or we could see it as an entry point to supporting ITFC and coming along to games later on.

I know i've relied on iFollow when working late or away from home and otherwise would not be able to use my seat.

The opinions are just as valid and perpetuating there is some kind of hierarchy of fans is pathetic. Which i'd expect from that podcast, but maybe not from Joe.
Login to get fewer ads

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 12:50 - Feb 24 with 1468 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 11:41 - Feb 24 by hype313

The problem is, everyone of us views things differently, be that at a game, watching from home or listening to the radio.

I've been to many a game with friends and walking out afterwards you would think we had all witnessed 3 different games.

Thought Crunchers point wasn't necessarily wrong, but didn't need that kind of delivery, but that's my view, others are entitled to theirs.

This is where footballs gone strange when it comes to opinions. It always has been a sport where individuals had variable opinions about the game, players, goals or lack of chances etc.

Nowadays people get worked up, see the Celina thread from earlier. It starts to go personal very quickly when there's no need. The moment in the video in my OP, why not just politely disagree with the mans view, not sure how it needed strong language and a speech about going to grounds. Quite bizarre and childish imo

Waka waka eh eh

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:15 - Feb 24 with 1426 viewsStenvict

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 09:11 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

I agree with the Cruncher, he may have been able to get his point across better but there is an element of fans who sit at home, half watching matches whilst sitting on social media who come up with ridiculous and offensive takes.

100% this. Last season when the only option was to watch on ifollow, I found myself on my phone most of the game and missed what was really happening. Being in the stadium, I'm never on my phone during the game. There is also a huge difference in seeing the whole pitch as opposed to seeing 1 camera angle.

I don't like this new 'thing' where there are watchalong programmes on YouTube, the main one being Mark Goldbridge. I see Martin Lambert wasn't there on Tuesday, but him and a few others are on straight after the game discussing it all.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:16 - Feb 24 with 1422 viewshype313

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:15 - Feb 24 by Stenvict

100% this. Last season when the only option was to watch on ifollow, I found myself on my phone most of the game and missed what was really happening. Being in the stadium, I'm never on my phone during the game. There is also a huge difference in seeing the whole pitch as opposed to seeing 1 camera angle.

I don't like this new 'thing' where there are watchalong programmes on YouTube, the main one being Mark Goldbridge. I see Martin Lambert wasn't there on Tuesday, but him and a few others are on straight after the game discussing it all.

Not only that, there is a world of difference watching a game on Sky cameras as opposed to some bloke streaming it from his 3310 on iFollow.

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:17 - Feb 24 with 1413 viewstractorboy1978

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 12:10 - Feb 24 by ElderGrizzly

Or we could see it as an entry point to supporting ITFC and coming along to games later on.

I know i've relied on iFollow when working late or away from home and otherwise would not be able to use my seat.

The opinions are just as valid and perpetuating there is some kind of hierarchy of fans is pathetic. Which i'd expect from that podcast, but maybe not from Joe.

I don't think there is an issue with watching on iFollow vs going to the game per se. I do have an issue with people that watch one game a month (or less) and then have a strong opinion on the team or an individual player though.
Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:30 - Feb 24 with 1370 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Haven't listened to the whole thing, but sounds like Cruncher was right on this occasion, albeit he obviously goes about in a laddish/I'll shout louder than you kind of way. You can understand his frustration after Tuesdays game though if someone who didn't go is talking nonsence. Anyway, it's only a podcast, we don't have to watch it.
Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:32 - Feb 24 with 1368 viewsitfcjoe

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 12:10 - Feb 24 by ElderGrizzly

I watch games on Ifollow, sure there are plenty who go to more games than me - but I find it incredible when people come up with the hottest of all takes when watching a game through often a poorly conducted cameraman, even more so than those who phone up Suffolk to review games and slate/praise players they haven't even watched.

Maybe it's because at games you do get a little bit of the wisdom of crowds around you.

Some people who go to games don't understand what they are seeing, and some who watch at home understand it far more - but think more grating when someone who never goes has bogger opinions that are clearly rubbish for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:33 - Feb 24 with 1358 viewsitfcjoe

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 12:50 - Feb 24 by FrimleyBlue

This is where footballs gone strange when it comes to opinions. It always has been a sport where individuals had variable opinions about the game, players, goals or lack of chances etc.

Nowadays people get worked up, see the Celina thread from earlier. It starts to go personal very quickly when there's no need. The moment in the video in my OP, why not just politely disagree with the mans view, not sure how it needed strong language and a speech about going to grounds. Quite bizarre and childish imo

He's having a go at The Cruncher for saying that we were trying to score in that game!

Sometimes opinions are so stupid they need that sort of reaction back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 16:40 - Feb 24 with 1259 viewsVeggie

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 13:32 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

I watch games on Ifollow, sure there are plenty who go to more games than me - but I find it incredible when people come up with the hottest of all takes when watching a game through often a poorly conducted cameraman, even more so than those who phone up Suffolk to review games and slate/praise players they haven't even watched.

Maybe it's because at games you do get a little bit of the wisdom of crowds around you.

Some people who go to games don't understand what they are seeing, and some who watch at home understand it far more - but think more grating when someone who never goes has bogger opinions that are clearly rubbish for me

One of the most annoying things is when someone who watched the game on iFollow complains about the atmosphere. Terribly sorry if the crowd wasn’t to your liking whilst sitting there in your house sipping a beer.
Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 17:19 - Feb 24 with 1232 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 16:40 - Feb 24 by Veggie

One of the most annoying things is when someone who watched the game on iFollow complains about the atmosphere. Terribly sorry if the crowd wasn’t to your liking whilst sitting there in your house sipping a beer.

Aren't they just commenting on how it comes across on I follow, rather than moaning about the lack of atmosphere. Tuesday night for example didn't compare to Saturday imo, that's not a moan. Just an observation. There was a poster who commented on the lack of noise Tuesday and he sat in the stand, tv viewers agreed it didn't sound great. Is that a moan?

Waka waka eh eh

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 18:17 - Feb 24 with 1186 viewsVeggie

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 17:19 - Feb 24 by FrimleyBlue

Aren't they just commenting on how it comes across on I follow, rather than moaning about the lack of atmosphere. Tuesday night for example didn't compare to Saturday imo, that's not a moan. Just an observation. There was a poster who commented on the lack of noise Tuesday and he sat in the stand, tv viewers agreed it didn't sound great. Is that a moan?

I’ve seen comments after someone has posted about there being a great atmosphere at the game along the lines of “Couldn’t hear the crowd on ifollow”. So what? They probably use an iPhone 5 to film and record it with. It’s hardly Sky.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 18:19]
Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 20:45 - Feb 24 with 1110 viewstextbackup

I’m not just saying this because posters from here run it, but I listen to blue Monday, nice and chilled out, informative, enjoyable.

That TT lot are a fcking shambles, talk utter bullsht from start to finish. The bloke that runs it screams more than my kids.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 20:48 - Feb 24 with 1106 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 20:45 - Feb 24 by textbackup

I’m not just saying this because posters from here run it, but I listen to blue Monday, nice and chilled out, informative, enjoyable.

That TT lot are a fcking shambles, talk utter bullsht from start to finish. The bloke that runs it screams more than my kids.

What was surprising to see tonight was a players dad saying it was nice to see a podcast who defends the players.

Do you think he saw the norwood in the bin stuff lol.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 20:48]

Waka waka eh eh

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 20:50 - Feb 24 with 1101 viewsVic

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 06:40 - Feb 24 by Veggie

Well you’ve given them what they crave. Publicity. Phil had stopped promoting them on here.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 6:41]

I never, ever watch it - until something like this is posted on here then I do so I know what you’re all talking about. All that does is boost their click rate. Best not give them any air time, or do it via PM’s.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 21:04 - Feb 24 with 1087 viewstextbackup

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 20:48 - Feb 24 by FrimleyBlue

What was surprising to see tonight was a players dad saying it was nice to see a podcast who defends the players.

Do you think he saw the norwood in the bin stuff lol.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 20:48]

it honestly worries me that these people have a relationship with anything to do with the players.

they could so easily fck things at any given moment

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 22:27 - Feb 24 with 1017 viewsKropotkin123

Watching at home is more difficult to get a sense of who is playing well as you can't see it all. For example, what is our defensive line like when attacking? Or, what is an attackers off the ball movement like when defending? These things are definitely more difficult.

But we've all been to games and had differences of opinions with those next to us. So it isn't as simple as go to a game or watch home.

There is also the rationalisation side. For example, I don't value someone's opinion if they were crying about 0-0 to Cheltenham and the season being over. KM has done incredibly well, given the form we were in, and not being able to rationalize that, even if you go to games, demonstrates a less important opinion to me personally, than someone who watched the game and holds a more long-term view.

Furthermore, if an opinion of a game is wildly detached from Phil's reports, I'm also more likely to afford less weight to it than someone who watched the game at home and is discussing nuances within Phil's framework.

I don't go to games, as I live in Canada, for anyone wondering my bias.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 22:45 - Feb 24 with 998 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don't share an opinion if you don't go to games... part 10 on 22:27 - Feb 24 by Kropotkin123

Watching at home is more difficult to get a sense of who is playing well as you can't see it all. For example, what is our defensive line like when attacking? Or, what is an attackers off the ball movement like when defending? These things are definitely more difficult.

But we've all been to games and had differences of opinions with those next to us. So it isn't as simple as go to a game or watch home.

There is also the rationalisation side. For example, I don't value someone's opinion if they were crying about 0-0 to Cheltenham and the season being over. KM has done incredibly well, given the form we were in, and not being able to rationalize that, even if you go to games, demonstrates a less important opinion to me personally, than someone who watched the game and holds a more long-term view.

Furthermore, if an opinion of a game is wildly detached from Phil's reports, I'm also more likely to afford less weight to it than someone who watched the game at home and is discussing nuances within Phil's framework.

I don't go to games, as I live in Canada, for anyone wondering my bias.

This is all correct but then again, we watched from a different part of the ground to usual on Tuesday and got a completely different picture of what went on. I think, whatever your viewpoint, the views you share should be tempered by that.

Is a point at home against an in-form Cheltenham a good result or two points dropped on the chase for a play-off spot? Yes, we can all have an opinion.

Was Pigott useless? If you were sat in the North Stand and had a good view of him, you can offer a far better opinion than I can from the lower tier of the South. If you listened on the Radio, you could easily share what MM or Brenner thought as long as you make it clear that's what you are doing. Or you say "it sounded on the commentary like ..." If you watch it on iFollow, you would get some idea but probably not much more than what I had from the bottom tier of the South stand.

In short, people should be welcome to share opinions but they should also be prepared to say what they are basing them on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024