Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage 21:19 - Feb 26 with 13947 viewsHARRY10

For the cretins defending him, claiming that he is not a treacherous self serving arshole, then explain his nonsense about Nato and the EU being responsible for Russia attacking Ukraine.

Ukraine is a sovereign state and should be free to do as it pleases, with regard to who it aligns with. Was that not what the Russians told Farage to say ?

Note how the righties are defending Putin. Trump, Fox News and Farage jumping now their paymaster has cracked the whip.

This latter day William Joyce told us Russia would not attack the Ukraine. Nato is not the EU, but it does not stop this traitor from speaking as if they were..

Farages sort were interned during WW2, and the French gave them and their kind short shrift after the war, as we did with Joyce, and Italy did with Mussolini.

Farage on 21:44 - Feb 26 with 4526 viewsOldsmoker

Farage has an opinion about everything.
Usually it's a populist opinion that quite a few will agree with.
Not this time.
No-one I know is on the Russian side right now - even those who voted Brexit and think Farage is alright.
I don't know why he's stuck his neck out. He'll gain nothing by this.
Maybe, he's abandoned his ideas of ever being someone in UK politics 'cos after this he's unlikely to ever be popular again.
So, sliver lining then.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Farage on 21:46 - Feb 26 with 4521 viewsRob88

Your constant dribble about everything being placed somewhere on a right/left political continuum is getting boring.

To use your words, I think the extremes of both right and left are (in their own ways) defending Putin.

Try and look it through the lens of humanity, good and bad, right and wrong, that way, unless you are a very twisted person we should all be able to align and agree that what is happening is wrong.

I watched Question Time this week, which was the first time in many years (I used to be an avid watcher when I was a fair bit younger but got disillusioned with the constant right/left, Brexit/Remain sniping).

When I watched this week I really enjoyed watching David Lammy particularly but also the way in which David and James Cleverly sounded very united in their analysis and response to the Ukraine invasion.

Some things transcend party divides and lazy smears like “rightie” or “leftie” aren’t necessary.

I don’t care if you are Jeremy Corbyn or Donald Trump. Both hold dangerous views that aren’t helpful or welcome. To put it more bluntly, and to quote some very brave Ukrainians on Snake island, individuals like this need to contribute something sensible and useful, or they should go and “f@ck themselves”.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 21:51]
Farage on 22:03 - Feb 26 with 4457 viewsHARRY10

Farage on 21:46 - Feb 26 by Rob88

Your constant dribble about everything being placed somewhere on a right/left political continuum is getting boring.

To use your words, I think the extremes of both right and left are (in their own ways) defending Putin.

Try and look it through the lens of humanity, good and bad, right and wrong, that way, unless you are a very twisted person we should all be able to align and agree that what is happening is wrong.

I watched Question Time this week, which was the first time in many years (I used to be an avid watcher when I was a fair bit younger but got disillusioned with the constant right/left, Brexit/Remain sniping).

When I watched this week I really enjoyed watching David Lammy particularly but also the way in which David and James Cleverly sounded very united in their analysis and response to the Ukraine invasion.

Some things transcend party divides and lazy smears like “rightie” or “leftie” aren’t necessary.

I don’t care if you are Jeremy Corbyn or Donald Trump. Both hold dangerous views that aren’t helpful or welcome. To put it more bluntly, and to quote some very brave Ukrainians on Snake island, individuals like this need to contribute something sensible and useful, or they should go and “f@ck themselves”.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 21:51]

Utter nonsense.

Explain to me what 'dangerous' views Corbyn holds.

As to Lammy and Cleverly being in agreement that the Russian invasion is bad you might want to look a bit closer at what the two MP opinions are on other things. It may be upsetting to someone like you that most other matters have those for, and those against. The same thing happens in courts of law.

Unfortunately we cannot all join hands and sing Kumbaya milord as we sit around the camp fire.

Sadly your rather limited knowledge of this and other matters has you defending Farage, and seemingly attacking me.........................for attacking Farage. An enemy of my enemy seems to be your watchword.

Farage has been, and still is, an odious scumbag who is prepared to lie and lie again to further his own interests. If you don't like me raising that in light of his statements of a few days ago, then tough.

That you find common purpose with him, whatever name you have unearthed, is also equally repugnant
Farage on 22:16 - Feb 26 with 4415 viewsRob88

Farage on 22:03 - Feb 26 by HARRY10

Utter nonsense.

As to Lammy and Cleverly being in agreement that the Russian invasion is bad you might want to look a bit closer at what the two MP opinions are on other things. It may be upsetting to someone like you that most other matters have those for, and those against. The same thing happens in courts of law.

Unfortunately we cannot all join hands and sing Kumbaya milord as we sit around the camp fire.

Sadly your rather limited knowledge of this and other matters has you defending Farage, and seemingly attacking me.........................for attacking Farage. An enemy of my enemy seems to be your watchword.

Farage has been, and still is, an odious scumbag who is prepared to lie and lie again to further his own interests. If you don't like me raising that in light of his statements of a few days ago, then tough.

That you find common purpose with him, whatever name you have unearthed, is also equally repugnant

You think a lot of things are nonsense don’t you. I think what you mean is you don’t agree in your opinion.

You may have had too much mead as I haven’t mentioned Farage.

Let’s ignore the fact Jeremy Corbyn was blaming NATO for the invasion and take something far more fundamental to his beliefs, CASD. He wasn’t prepared to be as honest as he professed to be by saying he wanted the U.K. to completely disarm but he was stupid and dangerous enough to say that he was not prepared to use it (defeating the entire purpose of having it). It’s like you buying a house and paying all the expenses of owning and maintaining that house whilst declaring you never wanted that house and never intending to live in that house. All very pointless.

It is individuals like him and others around Europe (like the Greens in Germany) who have appeased Putin believing all of his lies and have argued for the demilitarisation of European countries as if the world is Rosie and western nations do not have any adversaries.

I am a reasonably strong believer in hoarse shoe theory and therefore what I have written above (for the sake of balance) is equally applicable to the far right as it is to the far left (with respect to stupidity and holding dangerous views).
Farage on 22:23 - Feb 26 with 4395 viewsjeera

Farage on 22:16 - Feb 26 by Rob88

You think a lot of things are nonsense don’t you. I think what you mean is you don’t agree in your opinion.

You may have had too much mead as I haven’t mentioned Farage.

Let’s ignore the fact Jeremy Corbyn was blaming NATO for the invasion and take something far more fundamental to his beliefs, CASD. He wasn’t prepared to be as honest as he professed to be by saying he wanted the U.K. to completely disarm but he was stupid and dangerous enough to say that he was not prepared to use it (defeating the entire purpose of having it). It’s like you buying a house and paying all the expenses of owning and maintaining that house whilst declaring you never wanted that house and never intending to live in that house. All very pointless.

It is individuals like him and others around Europe (like the Greens in Germany) who have appeased Putin believing all of his lies and have argued for the demilitarisation of European countries as if the world is Rosie and western nations do not have any adversaries.

I am a reasonably strong believer in hoarse shoe theory and therefore what I have written above (for the sake of balance) is equally applicable to the far right as it is to the far left (with respect to stupidity and holding dangerous views).

He started the thread and titled it Farage. It's at the top of the page where it says 'Farage'.

I know Harry can be excitable but it's you who's jumped on him here, not the other way around.

Farage is a rightie, ok? That's not disputable.

If you can't address the guy properly then you're in no position to complain about his attitude either.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Farage on 22:28 - Feb 26 with 4374 viewsBloomBlue

Utter nonsense.

Remember Corbyn put his name on a stop the war letter which blamed everyone except Russia for the situation and included .."it has also declared that Ukraine has a “sovereign right” to join NATO, when no such right exists to join it or any other military alliance,"

Ukraine is a sovereign Country, so why doesn't Ukraine have a sovereign right to join NATO?
I assume Putin told Corbyn to say that.
Farage on 22:33 - Feb 26 with 4351 viewsRob88

Farage on 22:23 - Feb 26 by jeera

He started the thread and titled it Farage. It's at the top of the page where it says 'Farage'.

I know Harry can be excitable but it's you who's jumped on him here, not the other way around.

Farage is a rightie, ok? That's not disputable.

If you can't address the guy properly then you're in no position to complain about his attitude either.

Perhaps read his ramblings then get back to me.

He does nothing more than to try and politically point score. I don’t think he gives a damn about the issue.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 22:36]
Farage on 22:49 - Feb 26 with 4300 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Utter nonsense.

Welcome to Rightie club Rob88.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Farage on 22:58 - Feb 26 with 4272 viewsRob88

Farage on 22:49 - Feb 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Welcome to Rightie club Rob88.....

I must be a Nazi as I don’t agree with the pretext of the post.
Farage on 00:07 - Feb 27 with 4134 viewsBlueBadger

I don't know about anything else, but Harry vs Roy is an intellectual clash for the ages.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Farage on 02:01 - Feb 27 with 4041 viewsRyorry

Farage on 00:07 - Feb 27 by BlueBadger

I don't know about anything else, but Harry vs Roy is an intellectual clash for the ages.

I'm just waiting with bated breath for Rob's definitition of his "hoarse shoe" theory (see his 22.16 post) & hoping it's a better thing than my squelchy-squealing wellies.

Plus the bit of QT that I saw last week had Cleverly & Lammy going at each other absolute hammer & tongs.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Farage on 07:43 - Feb 27 with 3872 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage is a c–-t. That’s a given. And his views on this conflict are appalling and should never be forgotten. The media should completely starve him if oxygen over this.

But once again, your argument falls down when you try to make this a left v right issue.

There are many in the left who have have equaly outrageous views on who is at fault for this conflict.

Corbyn has held the view that NATO is at fault and Russia is the victim when the annexed the Crimea

And his view is no different today

And here is that well known rightie Diane Abbot saying ” the claims that Russia is the aggressor should be treated sceptically”

The future of right wing politicians, Young Labour

And the Tory loving, right wingers, Stop The War

Stop making this a right v left issue when it’s nothing if the sort.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farage on 09:32 - Feb 27 with 3739 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Farage on 07:43 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

Farage is a c–-t. That’s a given. And his views on this conflict are appalling and should never be forgotten. The media should completely starve him if oxygen over this.

But once again, your argument falls down when you try to make this a left v right issue.

There are many in the left who have have equaly outrageous views on who is at fault for this conflict.

Corbyn has held the view that NATO is at fault and Russia is the victim when the annexed the Crimea

And here is that well known rightie Diane Abbot saying ” the claims that Russia is the aggressor should be treated sceptically”

Smeary McSmearface.
Farage on 09:48 - Feb 27 with 3681 viewslowhouseblue

the defining characteristic of the corbyn left has always been its nutty anti-west stance. for corbyn, stop the war and their hangers on it has always been the unifying theme - anti-US, anti-NATO, anti- anyone they're aligned with, pro- anyone who opposes them and turn a blind-eye to the baggage that brings. that's their political dna.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Farage on 10:10 - Feb 27 with 3617 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Farage is a tit. Agreed

Corbyn and Abbot hold dangerous views and would still support a policy of appeasement if Russain troops were closing around London. To deny it is to be blind to the truth

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Farage on 10:20 - Feb 27 with 3571 viewsRyorry

Farage on 09:32 - Feb 27 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Smeary McSmearface.

What? Who are you saying is?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Farage on 10:39 - Feb 27 with 3518 viewseireblue

Never knew the term rightie or leftie was a smear.

It is interesting how the right, likes to talk about law and order, and some right wing governments like to talk a good game on maintaining military power.

Of course using such events to have an opportunity to start a left right discussion could be seen as ill timed.

However lessons should be learnt to avoid mistakes, Farage was a mainstream political figure, that had huge support, his views have not really changed over all those years, on NATO or the EU.

Anyhoo, when it comes to learning from mistakes, it should always be remembered opposition parties don’t make decisions about what actually gets done over the period of time a party has been in charge of a country for 10 years or so.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2022/02/watch-boris-johnson-claimed-the-da
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 10:41]
Farage on 10:47 - Feb 27 with 3467 viewsmonytowbray

You voted for Brexit, were and endless advocate on here for Russian policy/disinformation and voted for a party that allowed itself to be corrupt by Russian money for the last decade.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Farage on 10:48 - Feb 27 with 3487 viewsSwansea_Blue

Part of the issue is the platform given to people like Farage in our mainstream media, so we get to continually experience his vile views. I can’t remember the last time I saw Corbyn or Abbott or any of those other people/groups on MSM. Their position is no better of course, but they have less reach and (presumably) less influence as a result.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Farage on 10:48 - Feb 27 with 3481 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Farage on 09:48 - Feb 27 by lowhouseblue

the defining characteristic of the corbyn left has always been its nutty anti-west stance. for corbyn, stop the war and their hangers on it has always been the unifying theme - anti-US, anti-NATO, anti- anyone they're aligned with, pro- anyone who opposes them and turn a blind-eye to the baggage that brings. that's their political dna.

Personally I shall continue with my anti West stance while it continues to favour the interests of capital (in this instance oligarch filthy lucre) over human dignity. When it comes to East v West there are no knights in shiny armour.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/26/putin-british-rich-mans-la
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 10:54]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Farage on 10:58 - Feb 27 with 3441 viewsMullet

He is essentially a hate preacher, but not one most people recognise in the mould of the religious fanatic so he has been given a pass all too often. He is one of many that should have closer scrutiny but has been a useful idiot for far too many powerful people.

The tinge of Partridge and laughable "everyman" act unfortunately worked a little too well. I'm not sure the WW2 parallels always work and your one here is a bit of a stretch. He should be investigated and if necessary imprisoned, but talk of internment plays into his victimhood complex.

I notice Oakeshott has been threatening to sue all sorts over people pointing out her Russian connections even when presented with articles she wrote, photos etc. It seems that as with Truss' Instagram vanity, when it comes back to bite these people they scream defamation first and go from there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Farage on 11:34 - Feb 27 with 3319 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage on 10:47 - Feb 27 by monytowbray

You voted for Brexit, were and endless advocate on here for Russian policy/disinformation and voted for a party that allowed itself to be corrupt by Russian money for the last decade.

I’ll treat your post with the contempt it deserves.

Iron Lion Zion

Farage on 11:37 - Feb 27 with 3310 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage on 10:48 - Feb 27 by Swansea_Blue

Part of the issue is the platform given to people like Farage in our mainstream media, so we get to continually experience his vile views. I can’t remember the last time I saw Corbyn or Abbott or any of those other people/groups on MSM. Their position is no better of course, but they have less reach and (presumably) less influence as a result.

I agree. Hence I said the media should starve Farage if oxygen. Abbot, however, continues to have a presence on mainstream news.

Iron Lion Zion

Farage on 13:01 - Feb 27 with 3240 viewsEnigma_Blue

Farage on 22:33 - Feb 26 by Rob88

Perhaps read his ramblings then get back to me.

He does nothing more than to try and politically point score. I don’t think he gives a damn about the issue.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 22:36]

I agree, you can tell from his posting style he is the type of person that cares more about being right or at least believing he is right that the issue he is raising. Not that some of the issues he raises aren't important or very important. He is not the only one on here like that. h

Also in nearly all of his posts he is either calling a particular individual stupid or a whole demographic of the UK Public. To me anyone who does that so often is usually insecure about their own intelligence and has the mentality of a teenager(maybe he is). Mature level headed adults don't act like this. He was one of the first posters to reply to me on here and assumed I was right wing( I am not) just because I dared criticise the BBC. I thought he might be parody account at first but I am not so sure now. I think he gets really excited when he believes a 'rightie' has posted something because he sees it as an opportunity to 'own someone'.

And before anyone says anything yes I know this post doesn't address the point he has raised but people are open to criticism in how they post not just what they post. No doubt I will get some criticism from this post from certain individuals, but I can take it as that's just the way it is.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 13:59]
Farage on 13:18 - Feb 27 with 3182 viewsRob88

Farage on 13:01 - Feb 27 by Enigma_Blue

I agree, you can tell from his posting style he is the type of person that cares more about being right or at least believing he is right that the issue he is raising. Not that some of the issues he raises aren't important or very important. He is not the only one on here like that. h

Also in nearly all of his posts he is either calling a particular individual stupid or a whole demographic of the UK Public. To me anyone who does that so often is usually insecure about their own intelligence and has the mentality of a teenager(maybe he is). Mature level headed adults don't act like this. He was one of the first posters to reply to me on here and assumed I was right wing( I am not) just because I dared criticise the BBC. I thought he might be parody account at first but I am not so sure now. I think he gets really excited when he believes a 'rightie' has posted something because he sees it as an opportunity to 'own someone'.

And before anyone says anything yes I know this post doesn't address the point he has raised but people are open to criticism in how they post not just what they post. No doubt I will get some criticism from this post from certain individuals, but I can take it as that's just the way it is.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 13:59]

No criticism from me. Spot on.

As well as everyone who disagrees being verbally attacked and labelled right wing or a nazi, the other thing that always happens is the vocal, pseudo intellectual minority come swooping in to join the attack and shout a reasoned point of view down, all because it doesn’t align with their ideology.

The massive irony with all of this is these types will be completely oblivious to how their views and policy positions fuel hate and can be detrimental to national strategic matters such as energy security and national security.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024