Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? 12:33 - Mar 13 with 2550 viewsIllinoisblue

Would you rather a big proper club go up (Sunderland or Sheff Weds) as it would in theory make life easier for us next season? Or rather a plucky small club go up?

Mk Dons - please god no
Oxford - would be okay with that
Sunderland - be funny to see them lose again
Plymouth - would be okay with that
Wednesday - like to see them fail as they’ll likely fall into a sever financial mess
Wycombe - hell no
Pompey - fack off

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 12:42 - Mar 13 with 2231 viewsBent_double

I'd have to say Sunderland, they've got a decent manager now in Neil, so would rather they weren't competing with us for top 2 next season - plus we never seem to get a result against them, always playing them at the wrong time of the season!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 12:44 - Mar 13 with 2218 viewspointofblue

Think Liam Manning has done a superb job with the Dons and, due to his Ipswich links, would love to see him do it. Can’t stand Cowley so want Portsmouth to stay down. Plymouth making it would be great and, if we lose at Oxford, I wouldn’t mind us gifting Argyle three points to help them on their way as our chance would be dead. The way they’ve recovered after Ryan Lowe left them in the lurch should be applauded.

Would Sunderland or Wednesday going up help or hinder us next year? I’d presume the latter. If either get taken over by billionaires we need them out of the division. Couldn’t care less about Wycombe though their whinging at Derby whilst being gifted the chance of promotion via a loophole in 19/20 grates. Oxford… I really don’t know what to make of Robinson but I know I prefer Manning to him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 12:44 - Mar 13 with 2219 viewsRozz

I like having the big clubs in the mix. Nothing sweeter than beating a Sunderland / Wednesday / Pompey on their own turf IMO, and a real test of whether you're really up to it.

MK the best footballing team, but having been to Stadium MK they just seem an absolute farce. I'd happily never play Wycombe again.
As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 12:50 - Mar 13 with 2187 viewsNthQldITFC

Normally I would base my answer to a question like this purely on who I think would be the biggest threat to us next season, and 'promote' them to make our life easier.

However, with the excellent possession football we are now playing, the strength of our defence, the creativity in attack, and the faith that KMac, the recruitment team and the owners/purse-holders will provide us with some real firepower next season...

...I really couldn't give a sh!t!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 12:53 - Mar 13 with 2175 viewstextbackup

sheff weds, get them gone

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 13:23 - Mar 13 with 2063 viewsGarv

Hard to predict what'll happen next season, other than because by the law of averages Sunderland will surely get promoted. But I don't want them to do it this year just because it takes them out the equation.

Wouldn't be upset to see Wednesday or Plymouth do it. MK probably deserve it, judging by their league position and points total. The rest of them all have marks against their names which mean I don't want to see them succeed.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 13:24 - Mar 13 with 2052 viewsDubtractor

Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland, shift one of the big clubs out.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 13:31 - Mar 13 with 2036 viewsJ2BLUE

Sunderland or Sheff Wed.

I think Portsmouth will be in league one for another decade. I said this at the start of the season as well. Their finances don't seem right and I doubt they can compete unless there's a season where the three biggest clubs go up and three smaller clubs fall down from the Championship.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 13:41 - Mar 13 with 2011 viewsMullet

Anyone Southern

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 14:52 - Mar 13 with 1894 viewsblueocean

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 13:31 - Mar 13 by J2BLUE

Sunderland or Sheff Wed.

I think Portsmouth will be in league one for another decade. I said this at the start of the season as well. Their finances don't seem right and I doubt they can compete unless there's a season where the three biggest clubs go up and three smaller clubs fall down from the Championship.

How can you say Pompey will be in Div 1 for another decade?

We are owned by a Billionaire who is trying to get the basics right. We have been so poorly managed from developing the ground to training facilities and developing local players. Now we have a owner that wants to build the base first

We had our fingers burned when we went bust in the Prem and almost completely folded. We got relegated down to L2 and very near ended up in the NL. We are on the way back,a little slower than most of us want, but we are getting stronger. Our ground is being upgraded and our loyal fans are still behind the club.

Ipswich have spent a lot of money for this level and you may not even get in the play-offs. Good luck to you if you do.

Pompey will be back but I don't think we'll make the play-offs this season
As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 15:03 - Mar 13 with 1854 viewssohamblue74

Anybody but Wycombe or Franchise MK. Plymouth or Oxford would be okay.
As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 15:05 - Mar 13 with 1843 viewssuffolkpoker

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 12:50 - Mar 13 by NthQldITFC

Normally I would base my answer to a question like this purely on who I think would be the biggest threat to us next season, and 'promote' them to make our life easier.

However, with the excellent possession football we are now playing, the strength of our defence, the creativity in attack, and the faith that KMac, the recruitment team and the owners/purse-holders will provide us with some real firepower next season...

...I really couldn't give a sh!t!

My exact thought process, my answer is to remove the strongest team giving us the best chance for next season. I would say Sunderland the biggest threat from them
Teams for next season.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 15:14 - Mar 13 with 1802 viewsITFC_Forever

I usually consider two factors in this situation…. How much of a threat they will be and how good an away day they are.

So therefore, I want Sunderland to go up… would be a threat next season and it’s a crap away day as it’s miles away, both in terms of Ipswich to Sunderland and from the pitch to the away end.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 15:40 - Mar 13 with 1741 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why would Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday make it easier for us when Sunderland and Portsmouth have not prevented any club from getting promoted since they arrived at this level?

We need to be good enough to finish ahead of the rest regardless of whether that is Wycombe and Plymouth or Sunderland and Portsmouth. Who they are and how good they are isn't based on their historical achievements.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 16:57 - Mar 13 with 1621 viewsMackemLad

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 15:40 - Mar 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why would Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday make it easier for us when Sunderland and Portsmouth have not prevented any club from getting promoted since they arrived at this level?

We need to be good enough to finish ahead of the rest regardless of whether that is Wycombe and Plymouth or Sunderland and Portsmouth. Who they are and how good they are isn't based on their historical achievements.

The biggest teams in theory will have the biggest pulling power in the transfer window. Not just from a wage’s perspective but players are more likely to want to go to the larger clubs than a Plymouth or MK Dons.

That aside, I’d always like the best footballing sides to go up, which is definitely not my team. Mk dons or Oxford would be good choices this season assuming Wigan and Rotherham are automatic. We won’t deserve it (and I think will finish outside playoffs anyway) and I still don’t think Wednesday are good enough despite their recent good run.

I’ll cheer on Oxford assuming we’re not in it
As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:05 - Mar 13 with 1594 viewsMattinLondon

Ipswich - deserve it on recent form.
Ipswich - play good football.
Ipswich - good fan base.
Ipswich - good young manager
Ipswich - Wes Burns, sexy footballer.
Ipswich - good for the banter era to finally go.
As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:21 - Mar 13 with 1553 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why not MK? They are the third best team in the division - and have a strong Ipswich connection in the managerial dept. If they dont go up it will be something of a travesty.

You do realise that Ipswich Town are now an Ohio-based franchise?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:23 - Mar 13 with 1551 viewstractordownsouth

Probably Sunderland just so we don’t have to dominate them and lose to a late goal as we usually do. Want to keep Plymouth and Sheff Wednesday as away days and don’t want Karl Robinson or Danny Cowley going up.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:28 - Mar 13 with 1528 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 16:57 - Mar 13 by MackemLad

The biggest teams in theory will have the biggest pulling power in the transfer window. Not just from a wage’s perspective but players are more likely to want to go to the larger clubs than a Plymouth or MK Dons.

That aside, I’d always like the best footballing sides to go up, which is definitely not my team. Mk dons or Oxford would be good choices this season assuming Wigan and Rotherham are automatic. We won’t deserve it (and I think will finish outside playoffs anyway) and I still don’t think Wednesday are good enough despite their recent good run.

I’ll cheer on Oxford assuming we’re not in it

On that basis, we will be better off with clubs like Sunderland in the same league so that they can't attract the players we would be after. Unless, Plymouth could do so in the Championship anyway, in which case it makes no odds.

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:32 - Mar 13 with 1518 viewspointofblue

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:28 - Mar 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

On that basis, we will be better off with clubs like Sunderland in the same league so that they can't attract the players we would be after. Unless, Plymouth could do so in the Championship anyway, in which case it makes no odds.

Pretty sure Mackemlad is a Sunderland fan!

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:41 - Mar 13 with 1498 viewsTractorCam

Plymouth due to the distance from us. I personally don't get this "big club" logic, we've been here 3 years, Sunderland 4 years, Pompey 6 years.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:41 - Mar 13 with 1499 viewscbower

If we are not involved, then I always want the team that finished 3rd to go up. It is a league after all and when we finished 3rd, streets ahead of the Spammers and they came 6th, it was massively unfair.

bluescouser

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:51 - Mar 13 with 1461 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:32 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

Pretty sure Mackemlad is a Sunderland fan!

I realise that and it makes no difference to my comment.

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 18:01 - Mar 13 with 1441 viewspointofblue

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 17:51 - Mar 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I realise that and it makes no difference to my comment.

Apologies, misread your original comment!

I'm not too concerned by the financial clout of any of the clubs under threat of coming down; they're all smaller sides or in financial meltdown. I guess getting rid of Sunderland makes sense because, as you'll say, they'll be competitive whatever division they're in in terms of player signings whereas MK Dons, Oxford, Plymouth and Wycombe will only be if they go up.

Though, as we've proven this season, signing players is just half of the battle.

As it likely won’t be us, who would you like to see win the playoffs? on 18:40 - Mar 13 with 1396 viewsjayessess

Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. For the practical reason that they'll always be the only teams in the division with similar resources to us. The rest of them can't compete with us for players and, like Lincoln, could easily fall back into the pack.

For the less practical reason that I always find it more demoralising to watch yet more clubs that really belong in the 3rd/4th divisions (MK Dons, Oxford, Plymouth, Wycombe) eating our lunch again.

Plus MK Dons I wish nothing but oblivion (much as I like Liam Manning, but it's the principle of the thing). Plymouth and Oxford think they're bigger than they are already. Wycombe I've no strong feelings about, but just don't think it's worth them getting promoted really, they're too small to cope with that level long term. I'd prefer Portsmouth to that lot - at least they've got some history and a proper fanbase.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024