Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand 18:04 - Mar 17 with 8347 viewsSitfcB

Good stuff, be interesting to see what they do with it.

Another fanzone? New superstore? Ipswich Town fish and chips?
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 18:05]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:08 - Mar 17 with 4069 viewsclive_baker

Is that where the gym etc is? Where Staples was?

Nice plot if so.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:09 - Mar 17 with 4062 viewsKeno

Its for the TWTD hospitality lounge

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:12 - Mar 17 with 4033 viewsZoomba

There's a Travelodge being built between them and Endeavour House so who knows what's going there.
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:14 - Mar 17 with 4012 viewsChurchman

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:08 - Mar 17 by clive_baker

Nice plot if so.

It is. It’s actually a decent sized plot of land. I wonder what the plan for it is? A new stable for Bluey and Crayzee maybe?

Curious
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:15 - Mar 17 with 4001 viewsRegencyBlue

Seems like they have a plan!
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:15 - Mar 17 with 4021 viewsSitfcB

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:08 - Mar 17 by clive_baker

Nice plot if so.

Yep.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with it!

COYB

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:19 - Mar 17 with 3929 viewsKeno

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:15 - Mar 17 by SitfcB

Yep.

The obvious thought would be hotel, but there a few local or new offices for the club

any chance its a ground redevelopment?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:19 - Mar 17 with 3938 viewsEssexBloo

This really does show the ambition doesn’t it. What would that land cost!?

I’m certain we will see a new Cobbold stand within three years.
Login to get fewer ads

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:22 - Mar 17 with 3876 viewsSitfcB

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:19 - Mar 17 by Keno

The obvious thought would be hotel, but there a few local or new offices for the club

any chance its a ground redevelopment?

A Travelodge is currently being built in the space to the left.

Suppose anything could be done there, big ole space.

COYB

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:27 - Mar 17 with 3816 viewsPhilTWTD

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:15 - Mar 17 by SitfcB

Yep.

Ooo! Can I nick that for the story?
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:28 - Mar 17 with 3788 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yep.

It's obvious

Slide in American football pitch.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:29 - Mar 17 with 3803 viewsFPL_Tractor

Also it says “this is just the start”. I wonder if they plan to buy the car park and old Drum and Monkey plot. If it went huge they could ask the council to close Portman Rd (it’s pretty much closed anyhow) and rebuild the stadium within that huge plot.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:31 - Mar 17 with 3761 viewsBlueBadger

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:09 - Mar 17 by Keno

Its for the TWTD hospitality lounge

Seems like a lot of effort to go into, just for Blueas...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:34 - Mar 17 with 3712 viewsSitfcB

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:27 - Mar 17 by PhilTWTD

Ooo! Can I nick that for the story?

Yeah sure.

COYB

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:41 - Mar 17 with 3641 viewsclive_baker

Yep.

Nice one. That is a big plot, lots of possibilities with that. In theory they could create access from Chancery Road into PR from there, across that plot. Further retail options, perhaps retail & hospitality on ground floor with hotel above, as seems popular now for commercial developments.

Interesting to see what's done with it and further evidence that Gamechanger are here for the long term and want to properly take the club forward on and off the pitch, not just bump us up a league and flip it for a quick buck.

Can't help but feel we're in safe hands.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:45 - Mar 17 with 3626 viewsIllinoisblue

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:15 - Mar 17 by RegencyBlue

Seems like they have a plan!

An actual actionable plan at that. Not Evans’ 5-year “plan” jotted on a crisp packet.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:46 - Mar 17 with 3618 viewstextbackup

Yep.

new entrance, carpark, changing rooms etc etc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:48 - Mar 17 with 3592 viewsFrimleyBlue

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:46 - Mar 17 by textbackup

When you see that view. Makes you realise how small that players entrance building is.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:50 - Mar 17 with 3578 viewsFixed_It

My guess is new 'entrance' to the Club, with Reception etc - as Ashton has bemoaned the club's gates facing away from the town. Obviously room for other stuff too. Exciting!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:52 - Mar 17 with 3541 viewsFixed_It

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:46 - Mar 17 by textbackup

Just said similar above before seeing this. New entrance etc makes sense, and fits in with what Ashton has said.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:52 - Mar 17 with 3544 viewsAlanG296

Would then give a main entrance that as Ashton has mentioned more faces the town without having to replace the Cobbold.
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:53 - Mar 17 with 3550 viewsportmanking

To me, it sounds like that land would make for the ideal new entrance for players/staff. Ashton oft said that the stadium's entrance faces away from the town. Moving it to Chancery Road is probably as good as we'll get to moving it the other way.
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:55 - Mar 17 with 3513 viewstextbackup

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 18:52 - Mar 17 by Fixed_It

Just said similar above before seeing this. New entrance etc makes sense, and fits in with what Ashton has said.

yep, club will face the Town that way too....

not basing this on anything other than my thinking, but might even see away fans moved, as can see them being located that close to "the front door of the club".... might just be a silly dream of mine tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 19:14 - Mar 17 with 3320 viewsMattinLondon

I think with the other clubs they own or part-own, Gamechanger built new restaurants etc near to those clubs stadiums.
Gamechanger 20 Ltd has acquired the land behind the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand on 19:26 - Mar 17 with 3256 viewsThe_Major

I did wonder about the new entrance theory myself, but the thing is, Chancery Road is a main through route, and I'm not sure how keen the authorities would be having thousands of people mill around a busy road.

The answer to that I guess would be to take out the one way system and make West End Road/Commercial Road two way and then N/S Princes Street traffic can just go straight through. I think one of the reasons the one way system was introduced in the first place is to help the bus times on Princes Street, but perhaps things have changed.

You watch, it'll probably be a 50ft statue of Phil.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024